Future

Of Peaches and Blues (COMPLETED)

“Have you lost your mind, Min Yoongi?” Hoseok asked in a hushed tone, his workmates were looking at him. “What am I supposed to explain to the media? The genius children’s book author Min Yoongi have decided to stop writing fables and decided to write horror and mysteries instead?”

 

“Yeah. Tell them that.” Yoongi deadpanned. “You know I can’t write stories for kids, Hobi. Not like this.” Yoongi said as he stood up. “Except if you want your publishing company to be sued by parents who realized that their children have been reading about a homicidal carrot because I have the draft script for that story right now.” Yoongi said as he pulled out a bundle of paper, neatly stacked against each other by the help of three large paper clips. “Publish this or the other one I handed you over a while ago. That’s all you’re getting from me.”

 

“Don’t do this to me, Yoongi-ah.” Hoseok whined.  “’Of Peaches and Blues’ had been a total hit. Children love it! Their parents too. Why can’t you make another story like that?” Hoseok asked.

 

“It’s a story about a schizophrenic peach, Hobi. People are looking for sad things now. They ought for something that is more pathetic than their current life. That’s why that stupid book is a hit.” Yoongi said. 

 

“Nonetheless it’s a good book. I want something like that, okay?” Hoseok said as he placed both of his hands on Yoongi’s shoulders.

 

“I’ll talk to you later.” Yoongi sighed as he replied and walked away.

 

“I’ll look forward to be hearing from you. Don’t over work yourself.” Hoseok said as he waved towards his co worker. Jung Hoseok has been with Yoongi all through out. He watched Yoongi when he made fairy tales, princes and princesses getting together, married and living happily ever after. He was there when Yoongi made a story about a mermaid that fell in love with a fisherman and ended up prisoned forever in a circus aquarium. He was also there when Yoongi made his masterpiece, a depressing story about a peach that fell in love with the sky itself.

 

He watched Yoongi work. Noticing the endless stacks of espresso cups on his table, boxes of energy drinks stuffed in his refrigerator, stripes of painkillers, and prescribed anti depressants. He noticed how Yoongi’s eyes slightly glistened as he described Peach’s death. He noticed how Yoongi’s stories evolved overtime. His themes got darker, the conversations between each and every character changed, dwelling into a deeper meaning. For a child, it would be a simple story, but for an adult to read, Min Yoongi’s stories are full of metaphors, hidden meanings and imageries. Min Yoongi’s works are always hauntingly beautiful.

 

He sighed and hoped that the never ending string of Yoongi’s creativity will not cease to an end.

 

 


 

 

“How are you feeling?” Yoongi asked Jungkook who was nibbling on a pack of mini marshmallows.

 

“Better. Much much better. I can’t wait to be released hyung. It’s so boring here.” Jungkook whined, earning a chuckle from the elder.

 

“Really? Even with Jimin?” Yoongi joked.

 

“Jiminnie hyung is really quiet. He read books most of the time. The only one who could keep up with me and my chattering is Taehyunggie hyung, but he can’t stay for too long because of his working shifts.” The younger continued.

 

“Speaking of the devil, where are they?”

 

“Taehyunggie hyung is in his evening shift. Jiminnie hyung is probably exercising.” Jungkook answered. His eyes widened as he remembered something.“Hyung! I wanted to ask you something.” Jungkook said. Yoongi tilted his head.

 

“What is it?” He asked

 

“Regarding my university applications, which major do you think I should choose? I was thinking to either take applied music or medicine. Oh, I also consider finance and accounting too. What do you think, hyung? ”

 

Yoongi smiled. “Those are totally opposites, Kookie. Choose whatever you want.” He answered.

 

“I love music, you know that hyung. But I want to take medicine too! Maybe I could you know,” Jungkook stopped mid sentence.

 

“What?” Yoongi said, asking the younger to continue his words.

 

“Maybe I could help you and Jiminnie hyung.” Jungkook said shyly. His voice was timid and he was looking away. Yoongi ruffled the younger’s hair fondly. Jungkook is the only family member he had.  They were both from the same orphanage. When Yoongi turned legal, he immediately requested custody for Jungkook as his guardian which was granted. Jeon Jungkook hence turned into Min Jungkook.

 

“Kid, just do what ever you want with your life. Be selfish for once.” Yoongi said.

 

“It’s not only my life to live, hyung.” The younger replied.

 

“Take the course you want, Kook.” Yoongi said. “Oh, I remember,” Yoongi said as he opened his bag, revealing some legal looking papers in it.

 

“What are those, hyung?”

 

“I’ll be opening a bank account for you. You could pay for your tuitions and anything you want without me doing it.” Yoongi said.

 

“But you’ve been doing it for me all this time. Well, I’m not complaining, I’ve always wanted my own bank account.” Jungkook replied with a smile.

 

“It’s time for you to learn to be independent. You’re turning 20 next year. You got to have to take care of your own .” Yoongi replied. “I’ll also be teaching you on how to pay for our water and electrical bills when you got released.” Yoongi continued. “Sign here.” He said as he pointed towards a blank space on the bottom of the paper. Jungkook signed absent mindedly. “I have more papers for you to sign, wait.” He said as he took out a bunch of papers. “Sign here.” Yoongi pointed.

 

“Hyung, this is a paper from your company.” Jungkook said.

 

“Yeah. Just sign.” Yoongi said, bringing the papers closer to Jungkook.

 

“Wait.” He said as he grabbed the papers and read them.

 

“This hereby declares that all the revenues and the royalties from all of the books, articles, poems, and writings under the name of the mentioned, Min Yoongi will be transferred into a different account under the name of Min Jungkook XXXXXX283” Jungkook read out. Yoongi was silent. Jungkook flipped the paper “Min Yoongi’s will, all of the money in his bank account, his properties, savings by the worth of 230.000.000 won, will be given to his brother Min Jungkook after his death.” He read out loud.

 

“Don’t over analyze and just sign.” He said.

 

“Why? I don’t want to. It’s your money.” Jungkook said as he looked away. “I don’t need a bank account either, and I won’t be signing a will when you’re still alive and kicking.”

 

“I always told you that what ever that belong to me belongs to you too, Kook. Just sign. That’s all I’m asking from you.”

 

“No.” Jungkook answered as he shoved the papers away from him. Jungkook has always been a bright child. He caught up on things faster than the average kids. He realized what Yoongi was doing. He was preparing for his death.

 

“Don’t be difficult on me, Jeon Jungkook.” Yoongi said as he sighed. “Just sign here would you?” He said.

 

“It’s Min Jungkook for you. I don’t need to learn on how to pay the damn water and electrical bills. I don’t want to. I don’t want to pay my own tuitions either. You’re doing that for me.” Jungkook said loudly, almost shouting. “I don’t want any of your money.”

 

“You can’t be a damn spoiled brat. You know I won’t always be there for you to do this kind of stuffs. You need to learn about it to-“

 

“You can’t leave me hyung. Please not you too. Please don’t leave me please.” Jungkook begged as he tears continue falling onto the pristine white sheets.

 

“Hey, I’m just asking you to sign some damn papers, why are you being so dramatic?” Yoongi tried to joke as he held his younger brother close to him. “Stop crying. It will be hard for you to breathe again.” He warned. The younger was sobbing hard.

 

“Don’t do things like this. I don’t like it.” Jungkook’s voice was muffled by Yoongi’s jacket. Jungkook was sobbing profusely, Yoongi was trying to calm him down by the younger’s hair when he realized that Jungkook was not just sobbing. He was choking.

 

“H-hyung” Jungkook said before Yoongi panicked and pressed the ‘nurse’ button. He then sprinted outside and called for the nurse or the doctor like a mad man.

 


 

“I told you not to disturb him, Min Yoongi ssi. He might look fine but his vitals have shown otherwise. I reminded you.” Nurse Kim scolded.

 

“I’m sorry, nurse Kim. I didn’t know that signing papers would aggravate Jungkook like this.” Yoongi replied as he sighed. He was holding Jungkook’s face with his right hand, his cheeks softly with his thumb. They sedated Jungkook and placed a grisly looking oxygen mask on him.

 

“I’m pretty sure no normal paper would make the boy sob like a 5 year old.” Nurse Kim added when the door slide softly, revealing Namjoon and Seokjin.

 

“Oh my god, what happened? He was fine yesterday.” Seokjin asked.

 

“I made him cry. He choked.” Yoongi answered.

 

“Jungkook? Crying? That brat? Damn dude what did you do?” Namjoon added.

 

“I made him sign something he doesn’t like.” Yoongi answered. Seokjin spotted the piece of paper, scanned it and pulled Yoongi outside by the collar.

 

“You crazy bastard.” Seokjin said as he threw Yoongi roughly on the seats in front of Jungkook’s room.

 

“I want him to be okay after I'm gone.” Yoongi said as he fixed his collar. “You know what I’m doing right now will be good for Jungkook.”

 

“I know it’s a good thing to act according to your logic, Yoongi. But listen to your heart for once would you? How do you think Jungkook felt after reading your damn death will?” Seokjin shouted.

 

“I’m dying. He knows it. That kid have to face the truth sooner or later.” Yoongi answered, earning a hard punch on his jaw from the eldest. He could taste iron.

 

“You bastard.” Seokjin said, Namjoon was holding him back. “We care about you. You know we do.” Seokjin said. He was sobbing too.

 

“You guys are ing insane.” Yoongi let out a a bitter laugh as he wiped off the blood on the sides of his mouth. “You do what ever you want with me, I don’t care. But don’t interfere with the things I’m doing for Jungkook. Do not meddle with our family business.” Yoongi said as he stormed into Jungkook’s room. Shutting the door.   

 


 

THE ANGST OH NO THE ANGST THIS IS NOT OKAY. so, I got really excited reading your comments and all that I literally typed everything when I'm in the toilet. So, I updated consecutively *slow clap* Here comes the brotherly angst between sugacookie. writing angst made me angsty too huhuuhu i feel bad for the brothers. But I'm thinking of making a yoonmin fluffy chapter right after the angst. SO I want to thank the subscribers and the comments again