Alternate Ending : Dinner pt 1

Of Peaches and Blues (COMPLETED)

 

Four days passed by and Jungkook could proudly announce that he finished his tests. He couldn't wait to graduate out of high school.

Some people said that being in high school would be one of the most beautiful experience you have ever had. Jungkook certainly didn't think so. For him, high school was hell. The strong bullying the weak. The bystanders who couldn't dare to do anything. The thing he hated the most was how the adults seemed to be blaming the weak for it. 

'If you fought back, they would stop.' 

'Just it up. You're a man, aren't you?'

'They must've done that for a reason. Inspect yourself.'

Jungkook was 100% done with hearing such bull out of his school principal's and advisor's mouth. 

Sure, he wasn't entirely alone. He got friends to eat lunch with. He went out to the PC rooms to have fun sometimes and they hung out pretty often. But when it comes to personal matters, they all kept their mouth shut. They turned their heads. They clamped their mouths. They left him alone.

Whether he survived or not, it's none of their business.

Friendship is beautiful, they said. Bull.

Never has anyone stood up for him. They were afraid to be treated the same. All they did was watch. Sometimes they giggled, the other times they cringed. But that's all they ever did. Jungkook doesn't blame them, of course. He was pretty sure that he would do the same if he was in their shoes. Why would you take such a risk over someone you barely knew? This was not some kind of a super hero story. He understood. 

All he got was his family. Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, Kim Seokjin, and Kim Namjoon. 

They were everything to him, especially his brother. 

But another thing about Jungkook, was that he belittled himself too much.

He wouldn't tell Yoongi about his school problems. Yoongi got so much more on his plate. 

Namjoon got his share of worry from his school projects. Seokjin and Hoseok got work to worry over. Who was he to add their burden? 

Jungkook knew Yoongi. He knew Yoongi far too well. Would Min Yoongi kept still after knowing about his bullies? No. And what would that mean to him? More bullies. 

And that's how Jungkook came to the realization that his problem has no solution over it. He got to get stronger. He got to tend to himself. Stay strong for another year and you wouldn't have to witness any of their rotten faces everyday anymore. 

For once in his three long years of high school, Min Jungkook smiled a proper smile. 

The walk home seemed to be shorter that day. The wind seemed to be so much more gentle and the sun hid behind the clouds, providing him with shelter. He hummed as he inhaled the scent of his neighborhood. 

As he got into his usual bus, he felt his phone vibrating inside his pocket. 

"Hello?"

"Kookie-ah. It's me, Jin hyung." Seokjin said. "We're planning a dinner party for you tonight at your place. But can you drop by the super market to buy some meat? I'll make sure Yoongi pays you back later." Jungkook heard distant sounds of people talking in the back ground. Seokjin must've been in his office. 

"Sure. Why, though? Is there any special occasion?" The younger asked. It was such a rare occasion for them to make any event. Yoongi hated the crowd and Jungkook hated cleaning up after them.

"Yoongi wanted to celebrate you! He said that you deserve a decent dinner, at least, for all of your efforts. He's just too shy to tell you, hence me calling you right now. Just buy a couple portion of meat and anything you want." 

Jungkook laughed. Some people glanced at him, but it was such a great day that Jungkook didn't bother. 

"Yeah that sounded like him. I'll but the meat, no problem." Jungkook replied. 

"Okay. See you later, Kookie." Seokjin said as he hung up. Jungkook didn't get the chance to bid goodbye. 

 


 

"What? You want me to come there? You sure?" Jimin chimed as he tilted his head to the side. He was happily drinking some strawberry flavored milk when his phone rang in his bed side. From his assigned ring tone, he knew that it was Yoongi calling. 

'Yeah. We're gonna have a very simple bbq dinner together to celebrate Kookie's finals completion. You should come. Take Taehyung along with you too.'  Yoongi said from the other end of the line. 

"Are you sure it will be okay? I think you're aware that I didn't have the best kind of relationship with your brother." Jimin replied. He didn't want to ruin their dinner. 

'It's okay. I think he grew over it.' Yoongi said, paused with a cough. 'It'll start at 6. I'll be waiting for you. Bring me some souvenir.'

Jimin smiled a little. He missed hearing Yoongi's voice. He sounded like how Jimin remembered him last time. His voice gruff but soft at the same time. His tone was serious but Jimin knew that he was joking. It was calming to hear him talk. 

"What do you expect me to bring from a hospital?" Jimin replied, playing along. 

'I don't know but you being here will be more than enough for me.' 

Jimin blushed. He blushed hard. 

"O-ok." He was lost for words. Jimin slapped his cheeks softly, telling himself to gather his senses. 

'Wear warm clothes and bring an umbrella. It might rain. I'll hang up now. Don't let go of Taehyung's hands when you walk.' 

"I know, I know. See you later, Yoongi hyung." Jimin said as he pressed the end call button. 

He literally threw his phone and jumped on his bed, covering his face with his sheets. 

"Oh my god!" He screamed loudly, voice muffled by the pillow he pressed onto his face. Park Jimin did this little wiggly dance and he was smiling like a mad man. His face and his ears was flushed and he felt all giddy inside. 

 


 

"Hyung, open the door!" Jungkook screamed as he pressed the doorbell with his forehead. His hands were full, carrying plastic bags filled with hot dogs, hams, corns, meat, and other things fit for a barbeque. He was about to yell for a second time before he heard footsteps coming from inside. 

Yoongi opened the door and his mouth hung open. 

"Did you buy the whole supply of meat, Jungkook?" He asked. Jungkook smiled sheepishly.

"Seokjin hyung told me to buy anything I want." The younger replied as he dragged his feet inside. He placed his groceries on the dining table and Yoongi just stared at him blankly.

"What?" Jungkook asked, feeling his brother's eyes burrowing through the back of his skull. 

Yoongi sighed. "No. It's nothing. You're still growing. You'll need all that food." He said as an effort to reason with himself. Jungkook replied with a wide, toothy smile. "Come to my room when you're done. I got something for you." Yoongi said as he walked lazily towards his room. 

Honestly, it hurts. Jungkook had to pretend to smile all this time in front of Yoongi. 

He shaved his head. His hair was falling out too much. He covered his head with his beanies now, as an attempt to keep it warm. He lost so much weight. Yoongi was never 'fat' before but he's certainly underweight right now. The black rims below his eyes got deeper and darker. His lips were chapped and his skin was dry. 

Jungkook took a deep breath and skipped towards Yoongi's room, abruptly opening the door. Yoongi jolted and sighed. 

"Can you open the door like how a normal person would?" The elder nagged. 

"What ever, hyung. You're just grumpy. What is it?" 

"Come here." Yoongi said as he pat the empty side of his bed. Jungkook walked towards it and threw his body instead, snuggling onto Yoongi's blankets. He then took Yoongi's huge Kumamon doll and used it as his pillow. 

Yoongi sighed, yet again. 

"You're still a kid at heart, aren't you." He said as he ruffled Jungkook's hair. 

"I'm not. What is it, hyung? Did you get me a present?" He said enthustiasticly. 

"It's nothing much." Yoongi replied as he walked towards his desk. He took a notebook. It looked old. It's cover was black with white stars on it and the paper got a little bit yellowish, probably from it's age. 

"Is that a lame diary?" Jungkook joked, earning a smack from the elder. 

"It's a dope diary." Yoongi replied. 

"Why are you giving it to me?" Jungkook said as he sat up, taking the book away from Yoongi's hands. 

"When I was your age, I wanted to become a rapper." Yoongi said, suddenly. "I skipped classes to go to PC rooms to search for some beat I could use. Instead of studying I wrote lyrics. And it's all in there." He explained. 

"And?"

"And I want to give them to you, brat." Yoongi said, his voice soft. "I know that I wasn't there for you most of the time and you never talk about your problems with me. I thought that maybe, we share something in common. It's much easier to write down our problems rather than to talk about it." 

Jungkook stared at the book. It was pretty thick and it looked expensive despite of the obvious damage that proved that it has been through a lot. 

"When you have a lot on your mind, write it down. When you're confused, frustrated, angry or sad, just spill it out there. When I'm not there for you, it will be."

"Don't say stuffs like that, hyung." Jungkook said, eyes fixed on the cover of the book. 

"Or when you want to black mail me in front of Seokjin and Namjoon, you could always use it. If you don't want to, use it as a weight for your training or as a pillow or throw it on the faces of those who are mean to you. Do anything you want with it." Yoongi said, it was pretty obvious that he was getting frustrated over the matter. Yoongi was not a man of spoken words. 

Jungkook was dead silent. He was trying his best not to get emotional over such a simple matter. 

He did the only thing he could think of at that time. He hugged Yoongi.

"Kook?" The elder asked, confused. 

"Thank you, gramps. I'll make sure to black mail you to do the dishes." Jungkook muttered, breathing in the scent of Yoongi's hoodie. 

"Brat." Yoongi said as he smiled. 

 


FLUFF PEOPLE IT'S THE FLUFF NWIOIWUERJKLWKR 

here's some fluffy Yoonmin and SugaKookie for you people. Thank you for reading and please pardon the mistakes.. it's 2.17 am right now.. and I can't even. THANK YOU FOR READING 100X and please leave a comment, subscribe, and upvote if you want to! Thank you!! 

I LOVE YOU ALL WITH ALL MY HEARTEU <3