Courage, the cowardly

Of Peaches and Blues (COMPLETED)

"You didn't even lock the doors last night, Min Yoongi." Seokjin nagged. He has been constantly nagging on the siblings the moment he stepped inside their condo. Everything was a mess. Jungkook was sprawled on the kitchen floor shirtless and Yoongi was asleep on the dining hall.

"I know, I know." Yoongi said as he pressed an ice pack on top of his forehead. His head was pounding and Jungkook couldn't afford  to attend school due to the hangover. 

"How could you be so irresponsible? I know that it's fun doing stupid things once in a while but you shouldn't over do it yeah?" Seokjin said as he made gestures with his free hand. His other hand was kept busy by stirring on a pot of hot soup made for the brothers. 

"Yes mom." Yoongi replied shortly, too tired to argue with the later. 

"What are your plans for today?" Seokjin asked as he sighed.

"I don't know. Sleep and rest?" Yoongi answered as he gulped on a cold glass of water.

"Take your time off. Work on your book." Seokjin said as he placed a hot bowl of soup in front of Yoongi. "Eat it while it's hot. It should help with the hangover. I'm bringing these to Kookie." 

"Okay." Yoongi said as he stirred on the soup. Seokjin left and Yoongi was alone in the dining room. The sun rays projected blindingly through Yoongi's maroon colored curtains. He was about to take a sip when he felt his phone vibrating. It was a message from Hoseok.

'Call me when you wake up. It's important.'

A message from Hoseok without excessive hearts and exaggerated usage of emoticons meant that it was indeed a serious matter. Yoongi sighed as he pressed the dial button.

"What is it." He said shortly.

'Stop working on your damn book. I'm not going to help you publish it.' Hoseok said. He sounded furious.

"Why? The deadline is months away. I can make it, Hobi. You know I can." Yoongi said as he slouched deeper in his seat. His hand running roughly through his bleached hair.

'It's not you, hyung. It's your god damn company. We had a meeting earlier.' Hoseok replied, sounding a lot calmer.

"What is it? I'll talk to them. They'll agree." Yoongi answered.

'It's not that.' Hoseok said, interrupted by his sigh. 'They, they told the media. About your illness.'

Right at that moment, Yoongi froze. 

"What?" He replied, unable to comprehend the current situation.

'They leaked the information on the media. They want you to play the depressed and dying author working on his last masterpiece.' Hoseok said.

"That would increase the sales of the book. I don't see anything wrong with it." Yoongi said, trying to control his voice from quivering. 

'Hyung!,' Hoseok yelled. 'They're obviously using you. Are you going to just stand still?' 

"What can I do?" Yoongi answered. "Sue them for telling the truth? Don't make harsh decisions, Hoseok-ah. I'm- I'm fine with it. You should be too. Cool your head. Let's meet up and talk sometime later." Yoongi said. He heard the rash breathing from Hoseok. The usually bright and bubbly Hobi was in a rage fit. Hoseok would never get angry if anyone would pull a prank such as those on him, but it's a different case when people tried to hurt his circle of friends. He got angry at Yoongi's place because he knew how platonic Yoongi could be and honestly, Yoongi was thankful. Very thankful. 

'Okay, hyung.' Hoseok said as he hung up. Yoongi lost every last bit of his non existent appetite. He stood up and walked over to open his refrigerator. He noticed that Seokjin had been shopping for them again. He bought some fruits and vegetables for the brothers, knowing very well that the both of them wouldn't even touch those items even when it's on a discount. 

The first time Seokjin opened their fridge, he gaped in awe. There was a couple of expired foods and an opened cup of yoghurt. Beneath them was pints of Yoongi's beer and energy drinks. Their freezer was packed with sweets. Frozen cinnamon rolls, tubs of Jungkook's favorite vanilla ice cream, and half consumed chocolate bars. Ever since that day, the Min's have entrusted Kim Seokjin with the contents of their kitchen. 

The lonely bowl of soup looked lonely and out of place in the middle of the spacious fridge. Yoongi wondered what made him bought such a big refrigerator when the both of them was aware that they barely ate at home. 

"You finished the soup?" Seokjin asked as he saw the empty dining table.

"No, I'll eat them later. How's Kook?" Yoongi said as he closed the fridge's door. 

"He's as whiny as always. Go rest. You looked like you haven't slept in decades." Seokjin said as he washed the dishes. 

"It sure do feel that way." Yoongi replied as he yawned. "I'll be in my room." He said as he walked off and disappeared inside his room. 

 


 

To say that Taehyung was exhausted was the understatement of the year. He was drained both physically and psychologically. His internship taught him how tough it is to work inside a hospital. Despite the demands of the patients, he found some other things to be much more draining. Taehyung witnessed the death of an eight year old on his first week of internship. The patient's parents were bawling their eyes out and Taehyung couldn't held back his tears. He cried along with the patient's parents. 

But those were not the most upsetting and depressing things he saw in the hospital. He saw a little girl's parents wishing for their daughter's death so that they could get the insurance money out of her passing. He witnessed the fight of siblings, trying to fight for their rights to gain the biggest percentage in their inheritance. Those were the most upsetting for Taehyung. The shallow mind of human beings and their greed for wealth and power fed him up. 

"Go visit Jimin." His mother, the head nurse said.

"Why?" Taehyung asked. 

"He must've been lonely." The middle aged woman said as she placed a hand on her son's shoulder. "And you look like you could need some break." She continued, brushing off strands of misplaced hair on top of her son's head.

"That could actually be a good idea. Thanks mom." Taehyung said as he hugged his mother briefly and ran over to Jimin's room. 

Taehyung slide the door open and he saw Jimin on the bed, his expression was filled with worry. Min Yoongi was on the television.

"Hey." Taehyung greeted. 

"Tae!" Jimin called out. "Yoongi hyung was on the television. The reporters announced that he's dying." Jimin said, his eyebrows slanted and furrowed.

"What?" Taehyung said as he shot his gaze upon the television which happened to be showing advertisements instead. 

"They're lying, right?" Jimin asked Taehyung. The elder stood there, staring at the clueless orange haired boy. Jimin was looking around, trying to decipher where Taehyung was because the latter kept quiet the whole time. 

"There's a possibility." Taehyung said, trying not to inflict false hope on the younger. "There's a possibility that Yoongi hyung might not make it." Taehyung said as he sat down beside Jimin. 

"So that means that there's also a possibility that Yoongi hyung will survive, right?" Jimin asked. Taehyung sighed. 

"There is a chance. That is, if he's willing to undergo treatments." He continued. "Yoongi hyung, he refused every single form of treatments for his disease." 

"Why?" Jimin asked, head snapping towards the source of Taehyung's voice. 

"I don't know." Taehyung answered. Jimin kept quiet, his eyes wondering around. 

"I have an idea. Will you help me out?" He chimed, eyes sparkling.

"Sure, what is it?" Taehyung said as he laid down on the sofa. 

"Can you lend me books? Books that are related with Yoongi hyung's disease?" Jimin requested. He wanted to know ways to recover Yoongi. But most importantly, he wanted to know what kind of stuffs were Yoongi suffering all this while. He wanted to know the symptoms so that he could notice first handedly and so that he could be useful if such occurances happened. 

"I don't think they have braille versions of medical books." Taehyung answered. "But I would be more than happy to read them out to you." He offered. That was one of the only things he could do for his friend. Taehyung, being in the medical field, knew Yoongi's condition well and he hoped that the younger boy could enjoy as much time as he could with the mint haired man. 

"Really? Thank you! You're the best, Tae." Jimin said as he jumped a little on his bed. Taehyung smiled at his friend's direction. He opened his phone and accessed the internet. Min Yoongi was on the headlines of several online news outlets. 

'Genius young author dying' 'Min Yoongi's new work guaranteed to have you crying buckets.' 'Netizen's forums on Min Yoongi.' 'Young author's fanclub crashed after the release of the news.' 'School reporting several girl students in some class crying simultaneously as the news were released.' 

"Yoongi hyung sure is famous." Taehyung mumbled to himself. 

"Was he everywhere on the internet?" Jimin asked as he smiled softly at his friend.

"Yeah man. Every single news outlet is talking about Min Yoongi and his name as well as his book's titles were a trending topic and he topped the search engine charts." Taehyung replied. "Jimin, you got yourself involved with someone really famous." Taehyung joked as he threw one of the sofa's pillow towards Jimin's position. 

The pillow landed softly on Jimin's bed. "He must've been very pressured right now." Jimin said. Taehyung was amazed how transparent Jimin is as a person. His eyes literally reflected everything the younger was feeling inside. 

"Why don't you try calling him?" Taehyung offered. 

"Good idea. Taehyung you genius." Jimin said as he fumbled under his sleeping pillow until he stopped when he felt a small rectangular device with buttons on it. Jimin pressed the number 5 when a notification saying that his call was forwarded came. 

"I think he turned off his phone." Jimin said to himself.

"Why don't you try to call Kookie?" Taehyung said.

"I'll try. Can you help me?" Jimin said as he called Taehyung over to dial Jungkook's number. 

"Here." Taehyung said as he placed the old fashioned phone beside Jimin's left ear once the signature beeping sound came through the line.

'Hello,' Jungkook said from over the line. His voice was heavy and groggy. Jimin figured that the younger was just sleeping.

"Jungkook-ah, it's me, Jimin hyung." Jimin said, trying to sound cheerful.

'I know. I can see your name displayed on the monitor of my phone.' Jungkook replied sarcastically, earning an awkward laugh from Jimin.

"Um, can I ask you a favor?" Jimin asked timidly.

'Hurry it up. I want to go back to sleep.' Jungkook replied roughly.

"C- can you hand your phone over to Yoongi hyung please?" Jimin requested. He heard a scoff coming from the line across him.

'Are you serious? Why don't you call his cell phone then? I'm pretty sure you asked for his phone number.' Jungkook said.

"H-he didn't pick up his phone and I'm worried for his condition so can you please just pass the phone for one second?" Jimin pleaded. Taehyung looked pissed beside him. He doesn't like to see Jimin stooping so low in front of others like this.

'If Yoongi hyung didn't answer his phone, I'm pretty sure he has his own reasons. I'm hanging up. Have a good day." Jungkook said.

"Please Jungkook-ah, just for a minute. I just wanted to ask him if he's okay." Jimin asked for the last time.

'Jimin-ssi, could you stop being such a pushover? My hyung returned home late yesterday because of you. Now that he's trying to get some rest you wanted to disturb him? You're being too much. I'm hanging up. Please don't ever call me again.' Jungkook said roughly as he shut the opposite line.

"Jungkook ah? Kookie?" Jimin called but to no avail. 

"Did the brat hung up on you?" Taehyung asked.

"He said that I was disturbing his sleep." Jimin said as he chuckled deeply. 

Jimin and Taehyung brushed the event off and went on to watch some old cartoon. Seokjin was cleaning the kitchen. Hoseok went to the gym with Jungkook after the call and Namjoon was inside his office trying to figure out a foreign contract. None of them realized that Min Yoongi was laying unconscious on his bed and the clock was ticking way louder than it used to be. 

 

 


I UPDATED. Reading your comments fired me up and here I am, typing a fic at 12 am when I have school to attend to tomorrow. I'll be havin my college exam on saturday. PLEASE PRAY FOR ME I NEED THAT SCHOLARSHIP(I feel like Hong Seol from Cheese in the trap) I hope you enjoy this chapter! I made it longer than my previous ones and I edited the last chapter so please do check it out if you want to! I might end up editing some parts of this fic too, I apologize for flooding your update notification. Thank you again for reading! Please do leave a comment behind to motivate this lethargic author. Have a nice day!