Cereal Bowl

Of Peaches and Blues (COMPLETED)

Jungkook yawned and rubbed his eyes lazily. The room was dark and cold. The best atmosphere for someone to just continue sleeping. But he realized that the bed felt different. The scent on the sheets smelled different. Jungkook was used to the smell of his numerous amount of scented candles. The room smelled lighter, added by the slight fragrance of waffles. Or was it pancakes?

He stretched his arms and legs and turned his head towards his left. He opened one eye and spot Yoongi sleeping beside him, his lips slightly apart and his platinum blonde hair severely disheveled. He flinched a little when he felt one of Yoongi's legs on top of his under the blanket and chuckled to himself. He remembered what happened the night before. He walked Yoongi towards his room and they caught up for a little. It has been a while since Jungkook talked to his older brother properly. Before knowing, he fell asleep in his brother's room. Jungkook smile. He felt relieved that they made up.

Jungkook closed his eyes, wanting to sleep for a couple more minutes when he heard the clinking of porcelain and murmurs of conversations outside. He sighed and walked outside lazily, wanting to know what was happening outside the room, trying his best not to disturb the sleeping bear covered in multiple layers or blankets. 

 

"Oh, Kookie! Come, eat." Seokjin said as he wiped his wet hands on his apron. "Morning, maknae!" Namjoon said as he gobbled on pancakes.

 

"Morning, hyungs." Jungkook said as he poured himself a cup of cold water, staring at the sprawled view in front of the kitchen's window. It was a really rare occation for the huge maroon curtain on their kitchen to be opened for Yoongi despised the light.

 

"So, any plans for today?" Namjoon asked, only to get smacked by Seokjin on the back of his head. 

 

"Swallow before you talk. And no. No plans for today. How about you, Kook?" The eldest asked.

 

"Nope. No plans either. Yoongi hyung might have plans and we could tag along." Jungkook answered as he poured milk and cornflakes inside his bowl.

 

"Finally. You guys made up." Namjoon said as he flailed his arms. "I thought the cold war would last on forever." The young engineer exaggerated. 

 

"Hey!" Complained the younger, to no avail. "We did not fight."

 

"You think we didn't hear your argument last night? Did you know how me and Jin hyung tried to be silent and eavesdrop behind the doors?" Namjoon revealed. Jungkook was about to open his mouth to let a string of insults out when he was interrupted.

 

The door to Yoongi's room creaked open slowly, revealing the owner, clad in white over sized t-shirt and black shorts. 

"Can't you people tone it down a pitch in the morning?" He groaned as he scratched the back of his head.

 

"Morning, hyung!" The youngsters chimed simultaneously only to stare at each other in annoyance seconds after.

"Morning Yoongi!" Seokjin greeted, waving his spatula instead of his hand. 

 

"Morning, mom." Yoongi replied lazily as he sat on the empty seat across his brother, besides Namjoon.

 

"I'm not your mom." The eldest groaned as he placed freshly cooked crispy bacon on the joined plate in front of them.

 

"Sure, you're not." Yoongi said as he yawned. Jungkook poured milk inside Yoongi's bowl of cereal and Yoongi smiled as a sign of gratitude and ruffled the younger's hair. 

 

"Ugh. You guys and your brother complex." Namjoon groaned, faking a gag.

 

"You're just jealous." Jungkook replied, forcing a handful of bacon and pancake inside the elder's mouth, forcing him to shut up. The rest of them giggled. It ended up to be one of the most memorable breakfast they have ever had together.

 

Yoongi stirred at the bowl of cereal lazily. They were all focused on what they were doing at the moment when Yoongi decided to break the silence. 

 

"Guys, I'm taking it." He said, out of the blue. All eyes were on him.

 

"Taking what, Yoong?" Seokjin asked, tilting his head.

 

"The treatments. I've made appointments and I would like you guys to come along if you don't mind." Yoongi said as if it was the most trivial matter.

 

Namjoon spat the contents of his mouth, sending projectiles of half chewn bacon bits and pancakes. Jungkook's mouth was wide open and Seokjin got one of his pancake badly burnt. 

 

"W-what?" The eldest questioned what he had just heard. "Really? What? Why?" He asked, not even sure of what came out of his mouth at the moment.

 

"I think I'd like to live a little longer." Yoongi said with a smile as he ruffled Jungkook's hair. The youngest was very close to crying. His tears glistened and he was left speechless. 

 

"Oh my ing gosh." Namjoon cursed. "Finally! Oh my gosh!" He exclaimed as he stood up from his seat. "I love you right now, hyung." Namjoon said as he walked behind Yoongi and gave him a big hug. "I love you so much right now."

 

"Let go of me, Joon. Gosh." Yoongi groaned as he playfully pushed Namjoon away with a smile. 

 

"You're serious, right?" Jungkook asked, his eyebrows furrowed. 

 

"Do I look like I'm joking? I'm scared of hospitals in general though so you guys better be there to help me hold my together." Yoongi said as he gulped the remaining milk in his cereal bowl. 

 

Jungkook cried, again. This time though, it was purely tears of joy. 

 

"Group hug!" Namjoon screeched as he gathered Seokjin, Jungkook, and Yoongi and they held each other in their arms for quite a while.

 

 


 

 

"You're in the late stages already, Mr Min." Yoongi's oncologist, Mr.Son said. The small room was really packed. Yoongi and Jungkook was sitting in front of the doctor's table. Namjoon and Seokjin was holding hands as they stood behind the Min siblings. "Why are you asking for help when you're in this condition already?" The doctor groaned. 

 

"So? Am I a lost case?" Yoongi said as he scoffed.

 

"That's not what I'm trying to say." The doctor said as he sat up straight, looking at Yoongi straight in his eyes. "There's chances of surviving. There's also chances of mortality. My question is, whether you would try to take the shot. Life is a gamble, you see." 

 

"Trust me, doctor. I know that fact more than anyone." Yoongi replied sarcastically. 

 

"Assuming that you're willing to undergo the procedures, I'll inform the side effects of the treatments beforehand." The doctor continued, observing the others as they nodded along with every word spoken. "What you're having is AML, and a very late stage at that.I presume you're aware of this fact" The middle aged man said as he searched through Yoongi's files. Yoongi, on the other hand, rolled his eyes. "If you agreed, I'll put you through intensive chemotheraphy session to prepare your body for bone marrow transplant." 

 

"Okay." The blonde replied. 

 

"Not so fast, champ. You and your family need to know about what you're getting yourself into." Mr. Son said. Seokjin took out his mini note pad and wrote down notes. "After the chemo sessions, please do expect extreme fatigue, high fever, severe muscle and bone pain, and last but not the least, hair loss." The doctor explained. Yoongi put on a poker face, Jungkook was scrunching his nose, Namjoon placed a hand to cover his mouth and Seokjin looked at Yoongi with sadness in his eyes. 

 

"What's the mortality rate, doc?" Yoongi asked. In all honesty, that's the only thing he wanted to know. He didn't give a single damn about the rest of the informations. 

 

"Your survival rate is 1/13." Mr. Son said. "So, will you gamble on your life?" 

 

Yoongi took a deep breath. He looked at Jungkook who was gnawing at his nails, Seokjin who was breathing heavily, and Namjoon who looked out of it. He felt it. He wanted to live. He wanted to attend Jungkook's graduation, he wanted to attend Seokjin and Namjoon's wedding, he wanted to see how Hoseok would get scolded by his publishing company and laugh at him, he wanted to see what kind of doctor Taehyung will be, and he wanted to see Jimin's face when he read Yoongi's new book. 

 

Jimin. He wanted to be there for Jimin.

 

"Let's do this." 

 

 


OH SYIEEEEEEEEEEEET A VERY SHORT UPDATE. I have like 3 tryouts for this week and another 3 scheduled for next week. I'm literally having like 4 hours of sleep a day and I'm very sorry for the slow updates. OMFGGGGGG the views and the subscribers tho!!! What did I do to have such amazing people reading my fic like thank you people I love you.. Whenever I'm down I opened AFF and read the comments you guys left me and I felt recharged! Lol I made the draft of this fic behind my test paper during physics (do not tell my teacher). Please do leave a comment and subscribe if you enjoyed! And I spot a copy of my fic tho... Like with the exact same title and I think this person copy and pasted my first chapter... Oh well.. hahaha Thank you for reading people!!! I love you all!!! Have a good day before the angst strikes!