Alternate ending: Time Lapse

Of Peaches and Blues (COMPLETED)

Hi guys! This is actually the original ending that I wrote in my draft book. I planned this story to be around 30 chapters and I planned to make a sequel after this story ended with V and Jungkook as the main characters and I don't know why I ended the story so fast XD I have a super duper long holiday before college starts and I'm having a writer's block in my story Nutcase so I decided to put this ending down and maybe the sequel later. (idk if that's a good idea) This happens after chapter 18 before the police calls. Enjoy!!!

please do listen to this as you read along!


 

"What took you so damn long?" Yoongi said as he opened the door, revealing Jungkook who was holding four plastic bags. He was dripping wet from head to toe.

"It was raining so damn hard and I can't run because of the porridge." The younger said as he dropped the plastic bags slowly. He ran his hands through his wet hair. He took his scarf and coat off, tip toeing towards the washing machine to avoid any uneccessary mess. "I'll take a quick bath!" The younger shouted as he ran towards his room, leaving trails of water behind him. 

Yoongi and Seokjin sighed simultaneously.

"I'll warm the porridge. You wipe the water off the floor. Someone might slip." The eldest walked towards the plastic bags on the floor and towards the kitchen. He took them out of their bags one by one and poured them inside one big cooking pot.

Yoongi flopped himself towards the sofa, turning the TV on. 

Water evaporate, right?

He sighed and grunted slightly. His head throbbed and it felt like burning ambers were placed on his bones. He closed his eyes for a while, trying to hypnotize himself. Yoongi tried focusing on his surroundings to divert the pain. The sound of the bubbling porridge inside the pot, Seokjin humming softly to some recent pop song, the distant sound of water dropping and the sound of Jungkook singing. He sighed, yet again, and opened his eyes. 

"Oh my." Seokjin said as his eyes caught on the TV. "How unfortunate." The elder said, walking back inside the kitchen

There was a traffic accident. A student was killed and the car who ran through him drove off. 

"Unfortunate indeed." Yoongi muttered softly. He was about to close close his eyes again when he heard the door of Jungkook's room opening rather loudly. The boy was audibly humming happily.

 

A loud thud then resonated from the hallway. 

 

"Ouch! Damn!" Jungkook cursed. 

Yoongi jolted up from the sofa, worried that Jungkook passed out or something. Only to be greeted by the sight of Jungkook on the ground, rubbing his with a grimace on his face. He sighed in relief as he leaned on the wall for his support.

"What happened?" Jin came, running with a ladle on his right hand.

"He slipped." Yoongi said, rubbing his temples. 

"Are you okay?" Jin said, helping the younger to get on his feet. "I told you to wipe the water off the damn floor, Min Yoongi!" Jin nagged. 

"My bad, my bad." Yoongi walked towards their dining room and sat down. 

Jungkook came not long after, sitting right beside Yoongi. "Are you feeling better, hyung?" The younger said, ignoring the pain on his . He placed his hand on his brother's forehead. His eyes widened. "Wow. Your fever is way worse than what I thought it was." 

Seokjin, with his motherly instincts, asked Jungkook to prepare the porridge and checked on the older sibling.

"You didn't tell me you were sick." Seokjin said softly, wiping beads of sweat away from Yoongi's forehead with his hands.

"I told you I wasn't feeling well." Yoongi replied, his words were slurred, but Seokjin was able to comprehend.

"You didn't tell me you were feeling this sick!" Seokjin nagged, again, as he clicked his tongue. "I'm calling a doctor. It's either that or we're visiting the hospital after you eat your dinner."

"Just leave me be. I'll feel better after sleeping."  Yoongi said as he let out an exasperated sigh.

"Eat lots, hyung." Jungkook said as he placed a bowl of warm porridge in front of Yoongi. 

The elder was trying his best not to revolt in the sight of food. Seeing it made him sick. He couldn't even think of smelling it or worse, putting it inside his mouth. 

Yoongi gulped. Jungkook's feelings would be hurt if he refused to eat and he haven't eaten anything yet for the day. He tool spoonfuls of it and forced it down his throat. 

"I'm really tired. I'll go to bed." Yoongi said as he stormed off towards his bedroom, turned off the lights, and forced himself to sleep.

 

 


 

"Chimmie!" Taehyung screeched as he slide Jimin's door wide open. "Someone declined a donor offer. You can get yours even earlier!" Taehyung said as he shook the poor boy out of his sleep. 

"Tae? What are you doing here?" Jimin asked, his voice heavily laced with sleep. 

"I said you can get your surgery by the end of the month!" Taehyung whined. 

Jimin's eyes shot open.

"Are you friggin kidding me?" Jimin was grinning ear to ear.

He'll be able to see. He'll be able to look at the different oranges of sunset, the purples of dawn, the baby blues of the sky. He'll finally be able to see Min Yoongi, eye to eye. 

"Hurry and clean up. I'm here to take you to the lab to get your blood checked for the operation. Brush your teeth. Your morning breath stinks." Taehyung joked as he helped his friend to get out of bed. Jimin was sparkling. He was not walking, he was literally skipping his way towards the bathroom.

 

"I can finally see your ugly face, Kim Taehyung!" Jimin said from the bathroom with the echoes of his shower. 

"Excuse you, I'm beautiful." Taehyung replied, chuckling as he folded Jimin's sheets neatly. 

"Can you text Yoongi hyung with my phone?" Jimin said, peeking his head out of the door. His hair was dripping water all over the place. 

"Just go take a bath first!" 

 


 

A week passed since the boys held a small congratulation party for Jimin at Yoongi and Jungkook's suite. They invited close friends and ordered loads of pizzas. The legal ones drank lots and lots of soju while Jungkook was stuck with a huge bottle of Sprite. They laughed and cried hysterically that night, leaving the most of them with severe hangovers the next day. 

It was Jungkook's college entrance test day. Seokjin woke up extra early to make sure to make the most nutritious breakfast he has ever made. Namjoon slept over to help tutor Jungkook yesterday and was still fast asleep. Yoongi was busy brushing his teeth and the younger was reviewing his studies. The apartment suite has never been so lively so early in the morning. 

"Stop reading. You studied enough last night. Relax and eat." Seokjin said as he placed the younger's book down and offering him a glass of warm milk tea. 

"Yeah. My eyes hurt a bit from reading too much." Jungkook said as he massaged the bridge of his nose, scrunching his eyebrows to relief the pain.

The door to Yoongi's room opened. The blond was wearing an oversized hoodie and shorts. "Relax, kiddo. Eat lots." Yoongi muttered as he ruffled Jungkook's hair affectionately. His voice was still rough for it was early in the morning and Yoongi was everything but a morning person. 

He walked towards the dining table, took a piece of toast and drizzled some honey over it. 

"So what major did you decide on?" Yoongi asked, muffled by the toast inside his mouth.

"Medicine. I'll take medicine." The younger replied, as he inhaled food down his throat. 

"Seriously?" Seokjin asked, his eyes widened.

"Yeah. I've always liked biology." Jungkook said nonchalantly. 

Yoongi felt that something was off. His skin was itching all over the place and his head felt lighter. He clicked his tongue, annoyed. He then scratched the back of his head and a handful of platinum blond strands came along. Min Yoongi was made speechless. 

"H-hyung?" Jungkook called, mouth agape.

Yoongi raked his hand through his head again and another handful of hair fell out. Jungkook and Seokjin was staring at him, eyes full of concern. When Yoongi looked onto his hands, his nails were exceptionally dry. His cuticles were bleeding and his skin was literally cracking. He was too shocked to feel the pain.

"Damn. The hair dresser told me that I'll go bald if I continue bleaching it." Yoongi said as he laughed awkwardly, throwing the bundle of hair to the trash can. He sat right back and pretended that nothing happened. 

"Y-yeah. I told you about the effects of bleaching too." Seokjin said. The elder thought that it was probably the best for him to play along. Worrying Jungkook on such an important day was what he wanted to avoid the most. He was sure that Yoongi had the exact same thoughts. 

"C'mon. Being early is better than being late. I'll drive you." Yoongi said as he stood up. Jungkook was still staring at him, his eyes glassy. "Wait for me, I'll take my beanie." Yoongi stood up and walked towards his room, trying not to make any eye contact and to catch his breath. He doesn't want to look at their concerned expression. He's afraid that he might break.

Once the door was shut closed, Yoongi leaned on the wall as he crouched down. 

'Calm down. You're just losing some stupid hair.' Yoongi told himself as an attempt to even out his arrythmic breathing. 

 


 

Jungkook waited until Yoongi was out of his sight.

"That was not because of bleaching, right hyung?" He asked Seokjin. The elder gulped, not daring on saying anything. "That's the effects of the chemo. I read it somewhere before." The younger continued. 

"Your hyung is trying his best to be strong. Do the same for him, Jungkook-ah. He needs our support more than ever right now." Seokjin replied, seeing how the younger wiped his tears with the sleeves of his jacked and nodded from his peripheral vision. They'll be strong for him.

 


I'm sorry for any grammatical and spelling mistakes! I'll fix them asap. Thank you for reading guys! Please do leave a comment! <3