The Boy On The Moon

Of Peaches and Blues (COMPLETED)

There was once a boy who lived amongst the darkness of the night sky. Drifting amongst the seemingly endless darkness, he approached the Moon. Sure, the Sun is the brightest out there. But she's far from friendly. Blazing hot flames warned the boy not to come any closer. The Moon, however, despite not being as bright, welcomed him with a great big hug everytime he landed on her dented surface. He was the Moon's favorite. Waking her up right before twilight and tucking her back to sleep right at dawn. The Moon loved him for being himself. The boy's brightness won over stars and his beauty trascends the most intricate constellations. The boy is the direct personification of beauty and the best part is that he doesn't even know how beautiful he looks. The boy spent his life gaping in awe at the beautiful and striking shades of crimson on Mars, the majestic ring on Saturn, the calming and royal blue of Neptune, and the mysterious but alluring shades of silver on the Moon herself. 

It was a normal day for the boy. He woke the Moon up, asking her to rise and reflect her dim, comforting light upon Earth, when he saw an unidentified flying saucer coming closer. The boy hid behind the small hills on the moon's surface, afraid of the uncertainty of the unknown visitor. The saucer halted. Mint lights adorning the circular shaped flying machine. The boy tiptoed as the saucer's doors opened. The boy gasped in awe. 

It was a bunny.

A tiny bright blue bunny with white fluffy paws.

'Hello there, Mr Bunny.' The boy greeted, walking towards the bunny and crouched down in front of it to meet it's eyes.

'Good day.' The bunny greeted. 'Do you live here?' It asked, tilting it's head to the side.

'Yes.' The boy answered. 'I do live here. Welcome to the Moon, Mr Bunny.' The boy smiled brightly as he scooped the bunny and hugged it.

'I'm not a bunny. I'm the great space rabbit.' It said as it jumped off of the boy's arms and stood proudly on it's hind legs. 'And I need help from you, boy from the moon.' The rabbit said.

'What is it, Mr Bunny? I would be more than glad to help you.' The boy smiled excitedly. It has been so long since someone visited him.

'I want you to set me free.The rabbit said, staring right into his eyes.

 


 

"He's waking up." Yoongi heard faintly. Everything sounded distant. The only thing he could clearly hear was his own heavy breathing. He mustered up all of his strength to open the lids of his tired eyes. Jungkook was infront of him. His younger brother's facial features were contorted in worry. His eyes were red and puffy. His eyebrows were sewn together and his voice was cracking. 

"You bastard. You scared the hell out of me." Seokjin said as he sighed in relief. He sat back down and he ruffled his caramel brown locks. 

"What happened?" Yoongi said, his voice sounded more hoarse than the last time he remembered. 

"Seokjin hyung found you passed out inside your room two days ago." Jungkook explained. 

"So I've been out for two days?" Yoongi asked.

"Yeah." The younger answered shortly. "The doctor said that you're overworking yourself and that you're dehydrated." Jungkook explained. "You scared the living hell out of me, hyung." Jungkook said, his eyes glassy.

"Dehydrated? So I'm not dying yet?" Yoongi said as he let out a dry chuckle.

"Shut up." Jungkook hissed. "Don't say things like that." Jungkook continued.

"Sorry. I'm just too tired. I feel like I need some sleep." Yoongi said as he yawned and streched his limbs.

"I'm calling the doctor to check on you." Jungkook said as he walked out of the room. Yoongi sighed. He closed his eyes and he tried to figure out what happened. The last thing he remembered was writing his story in front of his laptop and sleeping for a bit. He doesn't even realized that he was out for two damn days. 

"How are you feeling?" Seokjin said. Yoongi realized that he wasn't alone.

"I feel like ." Yoongi answered as he pulled his oxygen mask away from his face. The mask left red marks along his face.

"Keep it on. It'll help you to breathe." Seokjin nagged. "They said that your oxygen level was low." Seokjin said as he placed the breathing apparatus back on Yoongi.

"I'll manage, hyung." Yoongi said, but he realized that he was far too tired to fight back.

"Jimin has been visiting you daily." Seokjin said. "Hoseok too. Even your publisher, Mr. Lee." 

"Mr. Lee? That old man? Why would he come here?" Yoongi asked, his voice soft and breathy.

"He's the president of your publishing company and you're his number one author. It would make sense for him to visit you." Seokjin answered.

"Non sense. He wanted me dead." Yoongi said as he sighed. He closed his eyes, finding it hard for him to keep his eyes open. 

"Hoseok told me about it. He felt bad. He thought you were too stressed from the news." Seokjin said. Yoongi listened, though he wasn't sure whether if he was dreaming. 

"Not his fault." Was the last thing Yoong said before finding himself drifting off to sleep.

 


 

"Dude, you have been pacing back and forth for the last 30 minutes." Taehyung whined, annoyed at Jimin's constant continuous action. 

"15 minutes left till visiting hour." Jimin said. "He'll be okay, right Tae?" Jimin asked.

"You have asked the same thing for at least 50 times, Park Jimin." Taehyung whined. "It's just exhaustion this time, similar to the time the both of you met for the first time, remember?" Taehyung reassured his friend.

"Then, why is he not roomed with me this time?" Jimin asked Taehyung. "I could help you to put an eye on him and I don't have to wait for visiting hours every day." Jimin whined. 

"Jungkook wants him in a VIP room. He said that his brother would get a better rest that way." Taehyung answered.

"So it's not his acute meowing leukemia, right? It's not that he needed a more intensive care, right?" Jimin asked.

"It's Acute Myeloid Leukemia, Chim." Taehyung said as he chuckled. "And, no. It's not it this time. Though it could be one of the factor of his deteriorating immune system. It'll be harder for him to recover. His body is not reacting fast enough to the medications." Taehyung said. The frowns on Jimin's face deepened, making the older regret ever saying such words. 

"He must've been in so much pain." Jimin said as he groaned.

"He's unconscious. He wouldn't even feel a thing." Taehyung stated when he felt a vibration inside his coat's pocket. "He's awake." Taehyung read the message out loud, instantly garning a reaction from the orange haired male.

"Come on come on!" Jimin said hurriedly as he counted his steps to his sofa and reached out for Taehyung's arms, only to grab onto his feet instead.

"Park Jimin, chill!." Taehyung exclaimed as he tried to get rid of the younger's grip on his ankles. 

"Should we bring him something? Like a 'get well soon' present?" Jimin asked excitedly. "Oh! I know! How about a bucket of fruits? But Yoongi hyung doesn't like fruits that much. A nice cup of iced coffee?" Jimin blabbered.

"I don't think he's allowed to drink coffee yet, Chim." Taehyung said as he gathered his belongings. Putting on his signature white coat.

"Really?" Jimin asked.

"Yeah. Yoongi hyung will be happy just seeing you." Taehyung said, putting on his shoes. "Let's go." He said as he grabbed Jimin's arm, leading him towards the VIP room. 

 


 

The room was dark. The lights were dimmed and everything was quiet. The humidifier hummed softly in the back ground and Yoongi's breathing was barely audible.

"He might be a little groggy and grumpy from the medication." Taehyung whispered to Jimin after he peeked his head inside Yoongi's room. 

"It's okay. I can handle it." Jimin said as he smiled, the thought of meeting Yoongi excited him.

"Let's enter then." Taehyung said as he took a deep breath and opened the door as softly as he could. Trying to avoid any creaking noise from the friction of the furniture. The both of them tiptoed inside the dark room. Taehyung walked over to Yoongi's side softly. The elder was sleeping. His eyes closed peacefully and he looked at least 3 years younger than his actual age. Taehyung sighed as he poked the elder's arm softly. 

"Hyung, I need you to wake up. I have to record your vitals." Taehyung whispered. There was no reaction from Yoongi, so he poked him harder.

"Hyung," Taehyung called, a little bit louder this time. Yoongi groaned.

"I told you I'm tired, Kook." Yoongi said, his voice hoarse and heavy.

"It's Taehyung." The younger replied. "Get up, hyung! I need to record your vitals." Yoongi popped one eye open, revealling the sight of the lilac haired young doctor and a very familiar orange haired man.

"Oh, you're both here." Yoongi said as he forced himself to sit straight. Taehyung helped by propping his back with some extra pillows. 

"Hyung! How are you? Are you okay? How do you feel?" Jimin asked.

"Woah," Yoongi said as he rubbed his eyes. "I'm fine, Chim. I'm glad I got to rest for a while." Yoongi replied as Taehyung checked his blood pressure and temperature. Noting every single digit on a piece of paper with his name printed on it. 

"Really? I told you! You should've took better care of yourself." Jimin said as he sat on the empty spot on Yoongi's bed. 

Yoongi sighed. "I know. I'm sorry." 

"No, I'm sorry for keeping you up so late that day. I should've sent you home earlier." Jimin replied, placing his hand on top of Yoongi's leg. 

"Okay love birds, I got a call. See you both later. Get well soon, hyung!" Taehyung greeted as he ran and exited the room. He heard Jimin yelling his name out before he closed the doors behind him.

"He's such a child." Jimin commented. Earning a deep chuckle from Yoongi.

"Aren't you as well?" He replied.

"Am not!" Jimin defended. "I'm so much more mature compared to that kid." Jimin nagged, a flash of annoyance visible in his eyes. 

"Say," Yoongi replied after a short silence. "What do you think will happen to us if we never met in the first place?" Yoongi asked, out of the blue.

Jimin spaced out, thinking of an answer.

"Then I wouldn't know what colors look like." Jimin said, closing his eyes. "I wouldn't know what the shades of sunsets are either." 

"You could ask someone else about them, Jimin." Yoongi said as he chuckled a little.

"I would never know what it feels like to care about someone else more than I did for myself." Jimin added. He opened his eyes, staring right at where Yoongi's voice came from. "Now that, I can't experience that with someone else other than you." He added. 

"Geez." Yoongi said as he smiled fondly. He lifted his left hand and ruffled Jimin's hair fondly. "Aren't you going to ask how it's going to be for me?" 

"How about you, hyung? What do you think would happen if we never met?" Jimin asked, loving the feeling of Yoongi's tender touch.

"I would never be able to get an inspiration on my new book." Yoongi replied. Jimin propped up suddenly.

"You wrote a new book? What is it about?" He asked excitedly.

"It's about a boy on the moon." Yoongi replied, leaning closer to the clueless boy in front of him. "A boy who lived in the darkness of the night sky." 

"That's plain weird." Jimin joked as he chuckled lightly. "What else?" Jimin asked, demanding a more thorough explanation.

"The boy met a space bunny." Yoongi said. "A bright blue colored space bunny." He continued.

"What's with the bunny?"

"The bunny asked the boy to help him." Yoongi explained. Jimin tilted his head.

"And how could this boy help the blue bunny?" Jimin asked.

"By setting him free." Yoongi answered, a sad glint in his eyes.

 


 

Jungkook was famished. He hadn't eaten a single proper meal since his brother was admitted in the hospital. They said that his brother's condition wasn't serious and he was very glad of the news. But Jungkook can't help but to worry. Yoongi has always been strong. Too strong for his own good. He never told anyone about his pain. He suffered alone. He overcame obstacles alone, without wanting anyone to help him or to be bothered by his mistakes and pain. 

He has always been like that.

Just like himself, Yoongi was an orphan.

When kids bullied Jungkook for having weird teeth, Yoongi stood up for him. When no one was there to congratulate him on his birthday, Yoongi was the first. Jungkook has always been the center of Min Yoongi's world and now that he's getting replaced, he doesn't like it one bit.

All Yoongi talked about was either his new work or Park Jimin. What was so great about the blind man? Jungkook couldn't understand. 

He rarely got complimented for getting scholarships and for winning competitions but he heard this certain Park Jimin got complimented by his brother for managing not to spill a cup of hot chocolate. 

Jungkook wanted his brother to be happy. He really do. But he can't accept the fact that someone as inferior as Park Jimin is hoarding every single attention away from him.

It's always Jimin this and Jimin that. 

Jungkook sighed as he took a bite of his sandwich. He bought extra for Yoongi too in case the elder was hungry. 

Jungkook walked towards the room and he could hear people conversing inside. He thought it was either Seokjin or Namjoon. 

"Hyungs, I bought-"

Great. Park Jimin.

"Kook! Jimin's here." Yoongi said as Jimin threw his face towards the door's direction. 

"Hello!" He greeted cheerfully. Park Jimin was too happy for Jungkook's liking. 

"I can see that, hyung." Jungkook said as he took off his shoes and sighed. "I brought sandwiches. Do you want one?" Jungkook offered his brother, ignoring the other presence in the room. 

"I'm not hungry. Do you want it, Chim?" Yoongi offered Jimin. Oh, how Jungkook was slowly boiling inside. 

"No, I'm good. Thank you." Jimin replied.

"Yeah. I only bought one for you, hyung." Jungkook said, emphasizing on the words 'you' and 'hyung'.

"Put it on the table. I'll eat it later. I'm too tired." Yoongi said as he wrapped himself with his blanket, forming a coccoon.

"Wake up motionless Min." Jungkook said as he pulled Yoongi's arm in an attempt to wake the elder up.

"Go home, Kook. Jimin will be staying here tonight." Yoongi answered, his voice muffled by the pillow covering his face. 

Jungkook had enough.

"You told me you're tired, so I left." Jungkook began, slightly huffing due to the pent up anger inside him. "But then Park Jimin came, and you woke up. Talked a bit and had some fun." Jungkook said as he gathered his things around him. Yoongi sat up, confusion painted across his face. "Now that I returned, you're too tired to even look at me." Jungkook said, his eyes were red and puffy. 

"Jungkook-"

"Is he more important than me?" Jungkook raised his voice. He saw Jimin flinched from his peripheral vision. "I was there the whole time you passed out. I haven't eaten any proper meal since then. Why are you so unhappy when you see me?" Tears were now streaming down his face. 

"It's not like that. I'm sorry." Yoongi said. He was beyond shocked. It's really rare for him to see Jungkook like this. The last time he saw Jungkook being this emotional was when he told him about his condition.

"How is he better than me? You think I don't need comforting words like he did? Did you know how hard it is for me to keep my grades high? How hard it is for me to get a percentage of your attention?" Jungkook asked. "And this blind, good for nothing man just waltzed into our lives and gained what I have been fighting for, for years." Jungkook raised his voice.

"Min Jungkook," Yoongi said, his voice cold. "Enough. Calm yourself down." 

"You're a nuisance, Park Jimin." Jungkook hissed. "A good for nothing parasite." The younger added.

"Min Jungkook!" Yoongi yelled. "Apologize."

"What? Aren't I just stating the truth?" Jungkook said as he chuckled darkly.

"Are you out of your mind?" Yoongi asked.

"Me? How about you? Min Yoongi-ssi." Jungkook yelled.

"Get out." Yoongi said, his voice dangerous. He felt a pang of guilt when he saw the hurt displayed on his brother's eyes. Jungkook then glared at Jimin before walking out of the room. Shutting the door with a loud slam. 

 


 

WOOT WOOOOOOT A LONGER CHAPTER!!! I can't believe that this fix exceeded the 2000 views like what I don't deserve you guys T^T So, the angst is drawing near... But there's a long way to go I promise! Tell me what you think about the story below on the comment section! Every single comment is cherished and appreciated!!! Thank you guys so much for giving this story a chance! I haven't edited this chapter so there might (most likely) be tons of spelling and grammatical errors out there. Thank you again! Please please please do leave a comment! i love you all!!!!

OK so I realized that the trailer for this fic is finally out YAAAAAAAAAAY I'll post it on the forward! Thank you so much to summerdust for the beautiful trailer