Tomorrow

Of Peaches and Blues (COMPLETED)

 

 

 

“Ouch! It hurts! Jungkook groaned as he fell from his tricycle.

 

“Kookie!” Yoongi ran frantically tawards the younger who was cradling his elbow.

 

“Hyung, it hurts.” Jungkook said as droplets of tears started streaming down his chubby cheeks. The younger sobbed as he bit down his own lips, trying to muffle his cries. His tears landed on his own dirt stained white t-shirt. Yoongi softly blowed on the wound to lessen the pain.

 

“It’s okay. Hyung’s here.” Yoongi said as he smiled and rubbed the younger’s hair. “Hyung is here. You’ll be okay.”

 


 

 

It was 12 p.m. when Yoongi’s eyes fluttered open. His eyelids felt heavy and his head felt even heavier. Yoongi realized the dried trails of tears on his cheeks and the corner of his eyes. He had been crying over some dream, a memory, to be exact. He let out a groan as he forced himself to sit up straight only to feel the dull pounding on the back of his head. Yoongi had constant nosebleeds the past few weeks, worrying his friends and even himself. He dragged his feet across his room and went towards his brother’s room. Yoongi opened the door, feeling a blast of cool air coming from it. It seemed like Jimin forgot to turn the air conditioner off.

 

 Jimin stayed the night. He told the younger to use Jungkook’s room instead because the said younger refused to use his room. Everything was where it was supposed to be. His school bag, the books scattered on his study table, even the little figurines Jungkook loved to collect. The room smelled like the younger and Yoongi despised having to reminisce. It has been weeks already. He let out an audible sigh as he reached towards the remote and turned the AC off.

 

“Hyung! Are you awake?” Jimin said loudly from a distance.

 

“Yeah.” Yoongi replied as he closed the door and walked outside. Jimin was sprawled on his living room sofa, watching some cartoon. “Why didn’t you wake me up?” Yoongi said as he grabbed a glass of cold water and a handful of aspirin.

 

“I didn’t want to disturb you, besides, the last time I tried to wake you up, you threw a pillow at me.” Jimin said as he cringed at the memory, earning a low chuckle from the blond.

 

“That was like, a year ago.” Yoongi said as he sat down on the empty space beside the younger.

 

“8 months, to be precise.” Jimin pointed out. “Hyung, I rented a studio type apartment.” The younger announced as Yoongi threw him a curious glance.

 

“Really? When do you plan on moving?” Yoongi questioned.

 

Jimin hummed, probably thinking.

 

“Maybe next month. Or the month after.”
 

“Is it furnished?” The blond questioned further.

 

“Yeah. I asked my uncle’s assistant to help me with the décor. All I have to do is to get myself accustomed with the space.” Jimin said as he smiled towards the source of the deep voice he was so familiar of. “I was hoping of moving after my surgery.”

 

“That’s great.” Yoongi announced as he ruffled the younger’s hair. “I wish you the best of luck.”

 

“Ew, what’s with the sudden formality?” Jimin questioned.

 

“Nothing. What do you expect from a writer?” Yoongi joked.

 

“Well, you used to say those bad words all the time.” Jimin said as he mocked the elder, copying the tone of his voice  as he spewed some ‘bad’ words. Yoongi laughed a little, the sound reminded Jimin of the light ringing of bells from the soft whispers of the wind. 

 

Jimin felt pressure on his thighs only to feel a handful of hair when he reached down. Jimin played with the blond locks as he smiled, cherishing the moment to the fullest. 

 

"I can't wait to see you, hyung." Jimin announced. 

 

"You'll be disappointed." Yoongi said as he closed his eyes, ignoring the childish laughs from the cartoon on his 52" television. 

 

"I won't be. I know I won't be." He ran his fingers through Yoongi's hair.

 

"Aren't you afraid?" 

 

"Why?"

 

"The world might not live up to your expectations. I know that being in the dark for too long might be depressing but the world isn't as beautiful as it seems." Yoongi said, his voice raspy and deep.

 

"I don't mind. It's better than seeing nothing."

 

"Sometimes, seeing nothing brings wonders, Chim."

 

"At least I want to see colors. You know what, I don't even know what black looks like, hyung. It not black that I see."

 

"What is it then?"

 

"It's just," Jimin paused, searching for the most suitable word he could find in his head to fit the description he was trying to convey. "It's just an abyss. Nothing." 

 

"I have a question I want to ask." Yoongi said as he sat right up, trying to divert the topic of their conversation.

 

"What is it?" 

 

"Do you ever dream?" 

 

Jimin chuckled. "Literally?" 

 

"Yeah."

 

"I do dream. It's not images that I dreamt of. It's noises. The chirping sound of the birds in the morning, people's voices, sounds emitted from objects. Things like that." Jimin explained. Yoongi nodded along. "What about you, hyung?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"Do you dream?" Jimin returned the question.

 

"Literally?" Yoongi replied, earning a hearthy laugh from the younger. 

 

"Both." 

 

"I wanted to be a rapper when I grew up. I used to write stupid, naive lyrics with Namjoon. We made songs until midnight, skipping classes and going to agencies every weekend." It was new to Jimin. Yoongi rarely talked about himself. 

"What happened?" Jimin asked, tilting his head.

 

"It didn't work out. We decided to deal with life. Not everyone's dream is meant to come true. It's easy for celebrities to tell their fans to keep trying and to believe in themselves because they have succeeded. There's talented kids out there who didn't get the chance to even give their dreams a shot. Such a shame." The blond shrugged as he walked towards his kitchen, pouring some cereal on a small plate, eating them dry. 

 

"That's the irony of life, I guess." Jimin replied. "Have you packed your stuffs, hyung?" Jimin asked.

 

"Yeah. Seokjin hyung did it for me." Yoongi said as he pointed towards a neatly placed luggage, probably filled to the brim with his own clothes and other needs. 

 

"Everything will be fine, hyung. They'll cure you and we'll live happily ever after." Jimin said with a huge smile plastered on his face. 

 

Yoongi replied with a smile. "You better be the first person I see once I opened my eyes."

 

"I will. Well, if Seokjin and Namjoon hyung doesn't beat me to it." 

 

"Lock them outside, do anything." Yoongi joked as he coughed, his fragile body shuddering under the muscle contractions, his world spinning around. Yoongi took deep breaths and calmed himself down.

 

 


 

 

"Yoongi hyung! Good morning Seokjin hyung, Namjoon hyung!" Taehyung chimed as he barged inside Yoongi's room, holding a tray made of medical grade stainless steel. The others smiled or sent the young doctor a good morning.

 

"Hey." Yoongi said as he lifted his right hand up a little, saying hello.

 

"So they managed to get you to finally do the operation huh." Taehyung said as he sat on a stool beside Yoongi's bed, taking a small amount of blood in a small container for further check up.

 

"Kind of." Yoongi replied. "What are you going to do with that?" 

 

"They'll just check if you're ready for the operation yet. No alcoholic drinks from the last 72 hours?" Yoongi nodded. "No usage of drugs either?" Yoongi sighed and nodded, earning a grin from Taehyung. 

 

"Ok, so you're not allowed to eat untill your operation. Only water. Understood?" Taehyung announced as he noticed the furrowing of Seokjin's eyebrows from his peripheral vision. 

 

"He doesn't eat anything anyway." Seokjin added.

 

"C'mon Jin hyung. Don't be mean to me." Yoongi joked as he pressed on the cotton ball covering the needle mark on his forearm. 

 

"You better return to us, Yoongs."

 

"You better pray, hyung." 

 

"Me? I pray for you and your dumb every single night. Why don't you pray?" 

 

"I have no god to send my prayers to. I do hope that the doctor's hands won't slip and accidentally cut an artery though." 

 

Seokjin sat up and smacked the younger's head with a pillow. "Don't say things like that, Yoongi!" Seokjin squealed as he repeatedly assaulted the blond.

 

"Geez! Fine!" Yoongi said as he lifted his hands up to stop the pillow from colliding to his head, worsening his constant headache. 

 

Seokjin stopped and dropped down, seating on his chair. "You'll be okay. Everything wil be fine. Your new book will be published in braille in two weeks and Hoseok planned a sign event for you a month after. You wouldn't want to disappoint your fans, right?" 

 

"Right. They've waited for so long." Yoongi said, playing with his thumbs. "And besides, there's someone else I wouldn't dare disappoint." He smiled to himself, the thought of a certain orange haired male adorning his messed up, tangled mind. 

 

It was really hard for Yoongi to describe what he felt at the moment. He was scared for the outcome. He was scared of death and all of the things that might go wrong during his operation. He was really happy, knowing that Jimin will be there for him the moment he woke up and that the younger would be able to read his work and be there to make him feel better. He was hopeful. The thoughts of continuing his life the way he wanted it to be. To live in the place of his dead brother. He was fully aware of how young he was. How much potential he held at the humble age of 23.

 

Min Yoongi has always been afraid of the word 'maybe'. 

 

He might be able to continue living, he might be thrown into a state of limbo called death, he might be paralized for life if the operation was unsuccessful.

 

The word 'maybe' held so many different scenarios and it was down right terrifying. The uncertainty, the uneasiness, the doubt and the anxiety was horrid. 

 

"I'll make it. I'll survive." Yoongi said as he repeated those words on a loop like a mantra. 

If God does exist, it's His chance to proof it to him. 

 

"The anesthesiologist will be here in a minute. It will be good for you to relax, hyung." Taehyung said as he gathered his stuff up, putting it where it belonged.

 

"Yeah." Yoongi said as he sighed and slumped back. He took deep breaths, trying to calm the erratic beating of his heart. "Will Jimin be here?" 

 

"Well I went to his room this morning and he was praying. I'll call him to come up if you want to." The young doctor announced.

 

"Can you do that for me, Tae?" Yoongi politely asked, or demanded. 

 

"Sure, hyung!" 

 


 

"I need you to cound to 10 once you've put the mask on." The anesthesiologist requested as she mixed a concoction of clear liquid. Yoongi gulped.

 

He was wearing an ugly, backless, hospital gown. His blond hair was covered with a matching, ugly, cyan colored hair cap. 

"Will I be completely out by then?" The blond asked out of concern.

 

The nice looking lady laughed a little. "No worries. You'll be out before you reach 7 or 8." 

 

Seokjin was holding his right hand, his eyes were glassy. Namjoon was outside, calling Hoseok, telling the publisher everything he needed to know for the moment. 

It was an excuse. Namjoon refused to see Yoongi in such a pathetic state and honestly, Yoongi was very thankful for the consideration. 

Taehyung stood beside the anesthesiologist, taking notes and sending smiles towards his direction. 

The door creaked open and Jimin walked inside. 

 

He was wearing an oversized white t-shirt which reminded him awfully of Jungkook. His hair was tousled in thousands of different directions and he was panting. His knees were scraped and bruised, blood trickling down his sun kissed skin. 

"Have you been running, Park Jimin?" Yoongi said as he laughed weakly.

"Hyung!" Jimin said as he tried his best to go to where Yoongi's voice came from. Seokjin held the orange haired man's forearm and directed him towards Yoongi's bedside. 

"Hyung," Jimin said as he tried to grab Yoongi's hand. 

"Hey. I'm gonna do it soon." Yoongi announced, intertwining their fingers. 

 

Yoongi's fingers looked so frail and delicate compared to the younger's strong looking ones. Their skin color was a striking contrast too, and Yoongi thought that their differences were nothing but beautiful. 

 

"Be strong for me when I can't." Yoongi continued. 

"Just," Jimin said as he used his free hand to wipe the tears dropping from his eyes. "Just make sure to come back to me." 

 

"I think hearing your voice as I drift off is so much better than counting to 10."

Yoongi said as the anesthesiologist placed a mask, covering almost half of his face. He looked at Jimin's face as the younger was talking something he couldn't really decipher. He smelled a faint scent of vanilla and he drifted off to darkness. 

 

Jimin felt how limp Yoongi's hands were and all he could think about was the song his mother used to sing to him before he went to bed every night. 

 

You are my sunshine

My only sunshine

You make me happy

When skies are grey

You never notice

How much I love you

Please don't take 

My sunshine

Away.

 

 


I UPDATED GUYS AND IT'S A LONG ONE THIS TIME! Okay.. So.. I have one chapter left on this story (without the extras a.k.a the main plot) and I just want you guys to know how much I appreciate all of your comments. They have been nothing than uplifting. They made me so happy and they motivate me even during my really tough high school year. so.... I'm so sorry if there's any spelling mistakes or grammatical mistakes. I will edit everything once I finished the main story. Please leave a comment or two if you enjoy my fic! I love you guys so much! Have a nice day!!!!