Time

Of Peaches and Blues (COMPLETED)

 

"Namjoon, this is not working." Whined Seokjin as he ran a hand through his tousled hair. "He hasn't been out for two weeks. He ate once a day and he barely drank anything."

"Well maybe you shouldn't punched the man on the face." Namjoon said as he typed his dued essay. 

"He was out of it. I had to do what I had to do." The elder said as he sighed. "He won't even come to the funeral. He stayed locked in his room, wearing a black suit, probably bawling his eyes out." 

"You know how much Jungkook meant to Yoongi. He's practically his son." Namjoon replied. "Honestly, I don't want to attend the funeral either. Jungkook was very young. He got everything planned ahead of him." The younger said.

Jungkook's funeral, was very quiet, to say the least. He was never the kind of kid to socialize. It was mostly his teachers and Yoongi's colleagues that attended the said funeral.

"It's not good for him to continue being this way, Joon. I don't want to lose another friend. Losing Kookie was too much for me to handle." Seokjin said as he sat on the couch, placing his head on his worn out arms. 

"Wait, I have an idea. A brilliant one." Namjoon said as he nudged the elder. "Why don't we bring Chimmie here?" 

"What?" Seokjin said as he squinted. 

"Park Jimin! That guy is literally the personification of sun shines and rainbows." Namjoon said as he smacked the elder's shoulder playfully. "We could like pick him up tomorrow morning, surprising Yoongi." 

"For once, you're actually making sense." Seokjin complimented.

 


 

 

Jimin walked into the unfamiliar room. It reeked of alcohol and burnt tobacco with a slight hint of mint air freshener. With his walking stick, he tried his best to figure out the room. Where to place his next step and where not to. 

He was pretty shocked. Seokjin and Namjoon waltzed inside his room the first thing in the morning, telling him that Yoongi was in a very bad mood and it would be nice of him to cheer the blonde man up. Of course, Jimin, being Jimin, complied with utmost sincerity.

"Hyung?" He called out, expecting the elder to respond to him in any form.

"Chim? What are you doing here?" Yoongi said, obviously confused. 

Jimin noticed that something was different. 

Yoongi's voice has always been deep. But he wasn't sure that it was 'that' deep. The elder's voice was way raspier than what he remembered. His voice was heavier. His voice was slurred. 

"So you started smoking again, huh." Jimin said. "And you haven't been visiting the hospital for your treatments either." 

Yoongi chuckled darkly. "It is what it is. I'm not meaning to be rude, but what are you doing here?" 

Yoongi sounded defensive. Heck, Yoongi doesn't sound like himself.

"Seokjin hyung and Namjoon hyung told me that you haven't been feeling your best." Jimin explained. "And I can see that now. Sort of." Jimin said, realizing the irony in his words.

"Really? That's what they told you?" Yoongi said, accompanied with an empty chuckle.

"Why are you doing this, hyung? I thought you were doing fine." Jimin asked, without realizing, he raised his voice a little. He thought that finally, they were going to be fine. Yoongi fighting his battle and him fighting his own, before realizing that one of them gave up too soon. 

"I've decided to let nature run it's course, Chim." Jimin heard Yoongi said before a clink resonated from the room. Probably Yoongi placing down a glass of something that Jimin thought to be a glass of rum or some other form of alcoholic drink.

Jimin stood still. He wanted to walk towards Yoongi but he didn't know where the blonde was, so he stood still. He could feel his heart breaking slowly. Before long, he realized that droplets of tears started falling down from his eyes and with no regards of how weak and fragile he might've looked at that moment, he sobbed. 

Slowly and carefully, he heard soft footsteps walking towards him and he felt the coldest of touch trying to wipe his tears away.

"Aren't you suppose to cheer me up?" Yoongi said softly as he caressed the younger's face with his thumb. 

"You're stupid for making me cry!" Jimin said between sobs. "You're hurting yourself and I can't comfort you because I can't see you and it's making me feel useless." Jimin said as he leaned forward and let what he presumed to be Yoongi's shoulder be his support. 

"Stop, Jimin." Yoongi said as he wiped the younger's tears away. "Don't hurt yourself. Find someone better. I'm not doing you any good." 

Jimin sniffled and pulled himself back. "What?"

"Forget about me. Forget about everything. You don't deserve this. Don't suffer for me." Yoongi said, trying his best to keep calm.

"No, no. Stop saying things like that. I don't want to hear it." Jimin said as he placed both of his hands on his ears. 

"Please." Yoongi begged. "Live a better life than mine." 

Jimin shaked his head. "But you're making me live better! Don't throw me away. I need you. Jungkook, Seokjin hyung and Namjoon hyung needs you too."

Yoongi flinched at the mention of his brother's name.

"He left me, Jimin. Didn't they told you?" Yoongi said, voice getting louder. 

"What?"

"Jungkook left me. He died. How dare he." Yoongi said with a dark chuckle. Jimin was silent all through out. He doesn't know what to say. To put it simply, Park Jimin was speechless. 

"Besides," Yoongi continued. "You'll be fine. You got Taehyung. Namjoon and Seokjin got each other. You guys will do just fine."

"Taehyung is not you." Jimin replied and Yoongi stood up.

He walked towards the nearest table and in a swift motion, he swiped his hands across the table, sending bottles of beers and some expensive whisky crashing onto the floor. Jimin visibly flinched. 

"Why are you making things so hard for me?" Yoongi asked as he raised his voice. "Okay, I'll be honest. I'm scared." Yoongi screamed. "I'm so ing scared, Park Jimin." 

Jimin gathered all of his senses and tried his best to stand up with the wall as his support. 

"Why? Why is this happening to me? When I finally found a reason to continue living?" Yoongi sobbed, finally breaking.

Jimin followed the trails of his voice and agony as he hugged the smaller male. 

"Live has always been ty turn outs of events for me. It's like when you're an aspiring painter but you're color blind. When you're striving to be a music producer but you're born deaf. When you're trying to run but you realized that you're paralyzed." He back out of the hug and stared at the younger straight in the eyes. "The only time when I try to fall in love is when I'm physically dying." 

"Then fight, you stupid ." Jimin said, his voice was shaky. Profanities was never really his thing. 

"I'm scared of dying but I've got no reason left to live either."

"Am I not enough of a reason for you?" 

"Really? What am I to you, Park Jimin?" Yoongi returned the question towards the younger.

"I might not know you for that long. But I'm sure that you're important to me. I'm very sure."

"You're right. We don't even know each other to that extent." The blonde said as he chuckled darkly. 

"We don't need to. I don't need to know your deepest fears to conclude that you're important to me. I know that you love to put your thoughts into words. I know that you love bitter coffee. I memorized the pattern of your breathing and how you sighed from time to time. It's enough for me. More than enough." He paused as he tried to catch up to his erratic breathing. "I'm sorry for your loss. I know that Jungkook meant the world to you. Everyone needs a period of grieving but don't do this to yourself. You're worrying others and you're hurting yourself. This is not what Jungkook would've wanted." 

"That's so cheesy and cliched." Yoongi commented. He pulled Jimin's arms closer to him, draggin the younger along. Yoongi sighed and rested his forehead on Jimin's broader shoulder.

"Take care of yourself. You're important too." Jimin said as he caressed the blonde locks on Yoongi's head. 

"That's all I need to hear right now."

 


 

"How hard is it to make you come to this damn hospital once a week, Min Yoongi hyung?" Mark said as he massaged his temples.

"I've been pretty busy." 

"Your body won't be able to handle your reckless attitude much longer, hyung. I've scheduled your operation next month and I told you that taking treatments before it will increase your survival chance."

"By what? 10 percents? It won't do me any good." The blonde said as he sipped on his morning coffee. 

"Still, hyung." The young doctor said as he sighed. 

"Just do me a favor and sign me up for it without the treatments would you?"

"With a 30 percent chance of survival, I don't want to be sending you to your death bed, hyung." Mark insisted. 

"Listen," Yoongi said, leaning towards Mark. "Right now, I have nothing to lose. If I survive, then that's good. If I don't, too bad." Yoongi said as if it was the most trivial thing. "I used to be so cautious because I have someone that I want to take care of. Now that he's dead, I think I'm bolder in taking chances." 

"Have you discussed upon this matter with anyone?" 

"Nope. I have no guardian. My adoptive parents are abroad most of the time. They didn't even returned after hearing about Jungkook's death." Yoongi explained briefly. 

The young doctor sighed for the nth time.

"Why won't you continue your treatments?"

"Have you experienced it? I don't want to suffer that ever again before my death. At least I want to enjoy the remaining time I have left without getting bound on my bed all day."

Mark ruffled his hair roughly. 

"Hyung, you're ruining every single ethic code that I made for myself."

"Just take this as a request from a dying friend would you?" Yoongi said as he chuckled.

"Shut your trap." Mark said as he hit him on his shoulder lightly.

 


MY STATE EXAM WILL BE OVER IN TWO DAYS AND I SCREWED MY MATH TEST AND I DON'T KNOW IF I WILL PASS 

but at least I got accepted into med school which is a plus point. 

Ok so here's a serious update this time. I think i have around 2 to 3 chapters left in this story. Thank you so much for the constant support guys! I love reading your comment they made me laugh like a mad horse everytime I went through them. Please enjoy the short update and leave a comment below! Thank you so much for reading!! have a nice day <3

#YooSiJinislife

P.s : Please do tell me if you're willing to make translations of this fic! i'll be so honored. Thank you for reading!