Cookies and Cream

Of Peaches and Blues (COMPLETED)

 

“What happened between Kookie and Yoongi hyung?” Namjoon, an aspiring young engineer said as he munched on Seokjin’s home made chicken sandwich.

 

“I don’t know. Both of them won’t spill anything.” Seokjin said as he sighed, pouring himself a cup of warm tea from the thermos.

 

“It’s not like they’re fighting, right?” The younger said, voice muffled from the food inside his mouth. “They’ve fought before. This time though, it seems different.” He continued.

 

“Yeah. It’s usually Jungkook who follows Yoongi around like a house cat. Now, it’s the other way around and Jungkook doesn’t seem to be pleased about it, which is very odd.” The older replied. “Yoongi used to be his everything. I wonder what happened.” The older said as he sighed, yet again.

 

“Maybe he’s in that rebellious teenager phase?” Namjoon said as he wiped mayonnaise from the corners of his lips.

 

“He’s always a well mannered kid,” Seokjin whined. “When I asked the both of them, they gave the same replies. ‘Nothing happened. We’re okay.’” Seokjin said as he imitated the Min siblings.

 

“Maybe there really is nothing happening between them and we’re just way too paranoid?” Namjoon suggested.

 

“Bullcrap! I went to their place this morning and guess what? Yoongi prepared him breakfast, Joon. The Min Yoongi woke up early to make nutella sandwiches for Jungkook.” Seokjin said, exaggerating his gestures to emphasize on the importance of the situation.

 

“And? What’s wrong with an older brother doting on his younger bro?” Namjoon replied, raising his eyebrows.

 

“You know how Yoongi despises waking up early.”

 

“Maybe he’s changing for the better? It’s not something bad, hyung.” Namjoon said as he pat the elder on his shoulders. “Thanks for the lunch, Jinnie hyung! I like smoked salmon way better though.” The younger said as he stood up. “I have classes. See you later!”

 

“Brat! Why am I always taking care of these kids?” Seokjin said to himself as he ruffled his hair in frustration.

 


 

 

“Jimin-ah. It’s not good for you to be locked up inside for so long. Go outside and grab some fresh air.” Nurse Kim said as she tried to get the orange haired boy out of his tousled bed.

 

“I don’t want to.” Jimin whined as he hid himself with his pillow.

The head nurse sighed.

 

“Why are you being so lazy out of a sudden?” She said as she pulled Jimin’s blanket.

 

“I like it. It’s nice, comfortable, and fluffy.” Jimin said as he stared at the ceiling, arms opened.

 

“If you were Taehyung, I would’ve slapped your .” The elder said as she pulled Jimin’s arm, forcing him to sit straight.

 

“Nurse Kim?” Jimin called, suddenly.

 

“What is it?” She answered as she folded his sheets.

 

“What do I look like?” Jimin asked, throwing his head on the direction of her voice.

 

Not knowing what to say, the nurse stared at the boy, examining his features.

 

“You probably have known. You have orange hair, puffy cheeks, small eyes. You’re a cute kid.” She said as she walked over and ruffled the younger’s hair.

 

“I don’t feel cute.” Jimin said as he sighed. He then flopped himself head down on his bed.

 

“You look like a star fish.” A very familiar voice said. Instinctively, Jimin propped himself up.

 

“Oh, Yoongi-ssi.”The nurse said. “It’s still thirty minutes to visiting hour but I’ll let it slide this time.” She said as he placed Jimin’s neatly folded sheets on his sofa.

 

“Thank you, nurse Kim.” Yoongi said as he bowed a little towards the older female. She walked outside as she warned Jimin not to be lazy for one last time.

 

“What are you doing here, hyung?” Jimin asked. “Ew, you reeked of cigarettes.” Jimin said as he playfully covered his nose.

 

“What? Really?” Yoongi said as he sniffed his coat.

 

“Yeah. Ew.” Jimin said as he scrunched his eyebrows.

 

“Sorry.” Yoongi said as he took his coat off, hanging it behind Jimin’s door.

 

“What are you doing here so early, hyung?” Jimin asked, crossing his legs.

 

“Well, I got nothing else to do and Taehyung told me yesterday that you’ve been talking about me so why not?” He answered as he dragged a chair and sit beside Jimin’s bed.

 

“W-what? No! Well, I’m not bad mouthing you or anything I-“  Jimin’s words were cut off as he felt Yoongi ruffling his hair.

 

“It’s okay, kid.” He answered. “Do you have any plans for today?” Yoongi asked.

 

“N-no. Why?”

 

“Let’s go out.” The elder said non chalantly.

 

“W-what? G-go out?” Jimin was flabbergasted, to say the least.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“W-what? Why all of a sudden? I don’t think I’m ready and-“

 

Yoongi was laughing at him. Hysterically, laughing at him.

 

“Not ‘go out’ kind of go out. What I meant was going out literally.” The elder said as he wiped tears from the corners of his eyes.

 

Jimin was as red as a ripe tomato. He hid his face with his pillow, yet again.

 

“Y-you should’ve said it the other way! That’s mean!” Jimin said. If he was honest with himself though, he knew he wouldn’t react that way if someone else, per say, said the exact same phrase to him.

 

“Sorry sorry.” Yoongi said, still chucking a little. “I was thinking of getting something for Jungkook and maybe grabbing some ice cream along the way, if you don’t mind.”

 

“No! I don’t mind at all.” Jimin replied with a smile. “Why are you getting him something? Is it his birthday soon?” Jimin asked.

 

“No, not really.  He used to say that his phone was being really slow and laggy and I thought it has been a while since he bought a new phone and he’s too busy with school these days to buy one on his own.” Yoongi explained.

 

“Wow. You really do care a lot about him don’t you, hyung.” Jimin said, feeling a little bitter.

 

“Of course. He’s the only family member I have left.” Yoongi replied. “By the way, I dyed my hair blonde.”

 

Jimin tilted his head.

 

“Blonde? What does that look like?”

 

“It’s a really soft color. Almost the opposite of yours. When your orange hair represents fun, mine represents silence and tranquility.” The young author tried to explain.

 

“So, like blue?”

 

“No, not quite. Blue is like, intense sadness.  This one, is like the residue of sadness. Like you know you’re lonely in a way, but you don’t feel anything. It’s just there.”

 

“Why would you dye you hair such a sad color?” The younger asked, frowning slightly.

 

"It doesn't look sad to me. It looks rather cool." Yoongi said as he shrugged his shoulders. "Go get ready." The elder said as he grabbed Jimin by his wrist and pushed him inside his toilet.

 


 

"By the sound of other people honking behind you, I get the feeling that you're not a good driver, hyung." Jimin said as his grip on the seat belt tightened.

 

"What are you talking about? I'm probably the best out there." Yoongi said as the tires of his car skidded on the asphalt, followed by the rage of the cars behind him. "Speed feels good, Jimin-ah." The blonde haired man said as he smirked to himself. 

 

"Nope. Not for me." Jimin said as he shrunk deeper onto the expensive looking, white, leather coated seat. 

 

"Chill. We're almost there." Yoongi said as he took a turn inside one of Apgujeong's most well known shopping mall. Yoongi ordered valet service, opened Jimin's side of the door and walked the orange haired man.

 

"I'll probably describe the appearance of the phone to you and let you decide which one is better." Yoong said as he intertwined their hands.

 

"Shouldn't you know what kind of things Jungkookie like?" Jimin asked, tilting his head.

 

"Now that you mention it, all I know about him is that he's kind of obsessed with lamb skewers and over sized white t-shirts." The older replied. He realized something pretty crucial. He doesn't know much about Jungkook. What color he liked, what kind of food he couldn't eat, how does he like his coffee? Min Yoongi realized how he has been ignorant of Jungkook's efforts to get closer to him.

 

"He cares a lot about you, hyung. A whole lot." The younger said, sending a reassuring squeeze onto the blonde's hands.

 

"I know. I care about him too, okay. But things has been, pretty awkward between us lately." Yoongi replied.

 

"W-was it because of me?" Jimin asked.

 

"No no. Of course not. It's because of me. I haven't been treating him right lately." The blonde haired man said as he rubbed his temples. 

 

"Have you apologized?" 

 

"I did. He got mad at me." They continued walking. Ignoring the stares from people.

 

"What? Why would he?" 

 

"I- I don't know." Yoongi answered, not wanting to talk about it any further. 

 

 


 

"Why didn't you eat your lunch?" Seokjin said as he opened the high schooler's lunch box only to find it untouched. 

 

"Sorry, hyung. I was really busy at school and I didn't have time to eat. Just leave it there I'll eat it later." Jungkook said as he placed his bag down on the sofa.

 

"Kookie, you should take care of yourself first. I know that the final exam has been pressuring you but you know that your health is the priority, right? What would Yoongi say if he knew  that you haven't been eating properly? You didn't touch your lunch yesterday either." Seokjin nagged. He knew that Jungkook needed a mother figure in his life. He's in such a delicate age and he needed all the support he could get. Yoongi was almost working everytime. The least he wanted to do for the younger was to be there for him when he needed someone to lean on. 

 

"He wouldn't say anything." Jungkook replied, loosening the tight grip of his tie. "I'm taking a bath, hyung." The younger continued as he walked into his room and closed the door. 

 

Jungkook felt nothing.

 

He's not angry. He was pretty sure that he wasn't sad either. And he most certainly wasn't happy or delighted. He took a deep breath and sighed. The bullying has been decreasing since Yoongi talked to the kids, which he was grateful about. But people around him started to act differently since the news came out. 

 

'Jungkook, isn't Min Yoongi your brother? The man on the news?'

'Jungkook-ah, I'm so sorry about the news.'

'Be strong.'

'We'll be there for you.'

 

Those words made him felt disgust on the pit of his stomach. No, they're not sorry. All they talk about was the upcoming death of Min Yoongi, the author of the famour book Of Peaches and Blues. They talk about how a talent such as his would be such a waste. They told him that everything was going to be okay. 

The world might be losing a rare talent but Jungkook was losing his only remaining family member. 

 

He knew that Yoongi was dying and he had 'this' much time left to spend.

And 'that' limited time has been divided to be spent with Jimin too. Which means that Jungkook would be spending less moments with his brother. 

 

Again, he took a deep breath and sighed as the water hit him softly, bringing him back to reality.

 


 

"Strawberry? Chocolate? Or vanilla?" Yoongi asked as he peeked through the display glass of the ice-cream parlour.

 

"I don't want the mainstream ones, hyung." Jimin said, whining.

 

"Damn, what do you want then?" Yoongi replied as he scratched his hair.

 

"What do you like?" 

 

"I like cookies and cream. How about that?" The elder asked. They had been spending minuted in front of the ice cream shop, trying really hard to decide which flavor they would take.

 

"Sure. Okay." Jimin said as he shrugged his shoulders. Yoongi felt relieved, to say the least, that they were finally able to order.

 

"Two cups of cookies and cream ice cream please." Yoongi said groggily, knowing how stupid he sounded like saying those repeated words.

 

They picked a brand new phone for Jungkook. It was colored brilliant white with the latest features and operating system. Plus, it had a really nice front and back camera for Jungkook who loves to do photography.

 

"Stop worrying, hyung. Jungkookie will love it. You picked it out yourself, heck, you even bought phone covers." Jimin said as he scooped a tiny amount of the ice cream in his hands.

 

"I hope so." Yoongi said as he played with the dessert.

 

"You know, hyung. I've always wanted a sibling." Yoongi threw his attention towards the orange haired young man sitting in front of him. "But I'm an only child and I think my parents are afraid of having another child because of me. They're afraid that the child will end up like me. Handiccaped." 

 

"Bull." Yoongi spat. "Your parents should be the most grateful. The world would be a better place with another one like you, Chim." Yoongi said, trying to comfort the younger.

Jimin laughed a little.

 

"I've always wanted a sibling. Someone to talk to anytime I want. Someone to share an unbreakable bond with. You can stop being friends with someone. But there's no such thing as stop being brothers or sisters, right?" The younger asked, rhetorically.

 

"Right." Yoongi replied. He was absent minded.

 

"Fix your problem with Jungkook, hyung. Maybe what he needed right now is not a brand new phone, clothes or even cars. Maybe all he need right now is you being there for him." Adviced the younger.

 

"He's the one avoiding me, Jimin." Yoongi said, accompanied with an exasperated sigh. "I don't know what to do either. Everytime I tried to start a conversation he stayed silent. Everytime I knocked and went inside his room he told me that he was tired and that he needed some rest. He won't even eat with me together during dinner or breakfast. I don't know what to do right now." 

 

"He'll reopen his heart to you sooner or later, hyung. It's just a matter of time." Jimin said as he smiled softly. Noticing the messy smudges of ice cream on Jimin's face, Yoongi took a tissue and wiped the corners of the younger's lips.

 

 


 

"Kook, you told me that you needed a new phone." Yoongi said as he knocked on the younger's door softly. "Come here. Check the phone out. I brought  a new one for you." 

 

"Just put it outside, hyung. I'm tired." Jungkook said. His voice muffled by the distance between them.

 

"Come out, Jungkook ah. I want to talk to you about something." Yoongi heard footsteps, and the door opened. Jungkook was wearing a baggy t shirt and his hair was tousled in every direction possible. His reading glasses on the tip of his nose, threatening to fall with even the slightest movement. 

 

"What is it, hyung?" 

 

"D-did I do anything wrong to you? I apologized and the way you're acting right now frustrates me, Jungkook-ah." Yoongi said as he massaged his temples. His head has been throbbing the whole day and it has gotten worse since he stepped a foot inside his apartment.

 

"Why does it frustrate you?" The younger asked, taking off his reading glasses.

 

"Because I don't know how I'm gonna fix this problem and you won't tell me how."

 

"You actually think that by giving me things right now is going to help, hyung?"

 

"Kook, you know I don't have that much time left and-"

And Jungkook exploded. All of his pent up frustration just exploded.

"This!" The younger shouted. "This is why I'm mad at you." Jungkook shouted, a twisted smile on his face. "How dare you give up on yourself so easily and expect people around you to be okay with it?" Jungkook asked.

 

Yoongi was lost for words. He doesn't know what to say but there's one thing he's sure of. Anger does not go well with Min Jungkook.

 

"Try living everyday knowing that your only family member is dying and he's not doing anything to stop it." Yoongi hung his head down low. "You didn't only give up on youself, Min Yoongi-ssi. You're giving up on me. On my future. Our future." Jungkook said, emphasizing on every single word he spat out.

 

Yoongi walked forward, narrowing the gap between the both of them. Jungkook was expecting him to either leave, slap him really hard, or hit him square on his jaw. What he didn't expect was how his brother leaned on him. Placing his head on his shoulder. Yoongi was quivering.

"H-hyung."

 

"I-I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry." Yoongi repeated, his voice shaky. "I'm sorry." Yoongi repeated those words like a mantra and Jungkook ended up his back and lettin go a deep sigh.

 

Jungkook was sure that he felt his brother's spine through his shirt and sighed again. "Please love yourself more. Don't try loving someone else when you're so pathetic like this, hyung." Yoongi was sobbing softly, leaning on Jungkook for support. His head was throbbing like crazy and he felt so sorry towards Jungkook. He felt sorry for making him went through such ugly emotions alone. He was disappointed in himself. 

 

Jungkook realized how Yoongi seemed so small. The elder seemed to be so much smaller than him now that he's leaning on his shoulder. He remembered Yoongi to be much taller than him too.  Bigger, stronger. Now it's the exact opposite. Yoongi was nothing but skin and bones and it worried him, really. He also realized how the elder's legs were shaking like a leaf as he was sobbing.

 

"Hyung, you should probably go to rest." Jungkook said.

 

"I-I will. But can you help me?" Yoongi said, stuttering. Jungkook sent the elder a puzzled look and he got his answers. Yoongi was clutching on dear life on his shirt for support. 

 

"H-hyung?"

 

"I don't think I could walk to my room on my own."

 

 


 

AN UPDATE YUHUU!!! AFTER SO LONG! i'm really busy these days.. I actually wrote the draft of this chapter during my try outs XD You guys should know how amusing, funny, and entertaining your comments are. They literally made my day! Ok, so.. some fluff and angst and SUGA KOOKIE MADE UP YAY <3 I'm really sorry for the spelling and grammatical errors you might encounter in this chapter because I'm really sleepy and I think I'm half awake right now.. SO GUYSSSSSS  please please please do leave a comment if you enjoyed reading this fic! And subscribe only if you want to.... THANK YOU FOR READING THIS UPDATE PEOPLEEEE I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH *thousand kisses*