Letter

Of Peaches and Blues (COMPLETED)

you can listen to this if you want to.


Dear Yoongi hyung,

 

Hi hyung! This is Jimin. It has been quite a while since I last saw you. How are you? How's Jungkookie? I hope the both of you are doing fine. You're healthier there, right? I bet it's so much easier for you to relax and breathe now. Oh, I think that you might be a little out dated on the current events so I'll be telling you some stuffs.

As you knew, I got operated and it was a success. It took 2 months for recovery and I looked like a deranged panda but I'm fine. I can see things now. The sunsets and the night sky is not as beautiful as what you mentioned to me. The colors of the forget me not flowers are dull and I couldn't comprehend how you could describe them in such a beautiful manner. Taehyung is not dumb afterall. Colors were indeed hard to explain.

Speaking of Taehyung, the idiot managed to become a resident. He's working in my uncle's hospital now, specializing in cardiology. He met a very pretty nurse and they decided to marry on my birthday to prank me and to remind me of how 'single' I am. Those idiots. 

 I moved to a small apartment near your working place. Hoseok hyung visited me often. So does Namjoon hyung and Seokjin hyung. They brought me food sometimes. Finally, their relationship is official, but they haven't talked to me about anything more serious. 

Seokjin hyung brought me an album. Your album. You were quite chubby as a child. It looks cute, honestly. It's kind of saddening for me that I couldn't get the chance to see you face to face but you were as beautiul as I thought you would be.

You new book is another hit. It was translated in a lot of different languages and as usual, it's a best seller. Too bad your fans couldn't get a signature from you. 

Namjoon hyung helped in catching the culprit on Jungkookie's case. It was a middle aged man and he was drunk driving. He has three children and his wife came to Namjoon hyung's and Seokjin hyung's place to beg for forgiveness. Don't worry! He's in jail now. Justice has been served!

Hyung, honestly, I'd rather become blind. You were right. The world is a huge jumble of mess and disappointment. Everything seemed so much more tranquil inside my head. Being able to see is not that much of an advantage.

Why did you leave me, hyung? You told me that I should be the first to see you once you opened your eyes but I ended up being the first person to know of your passing. 

I know that life isn't fair but isn't it being a little too much on me? Am I that much of a joke? 

Everytime I smelled the scent of freshly brewed black coffee, I'm reminded of you. So does the smell of peppermint, cigarettes, and whisky. You're everywhere in my life and yet I can't find you. It's depressing. 

By being able to see, people expected so much on me. It's really stressful. They wanted me to act my age. My parents wanted me to continue their business. Everything seemed so wrong for me and I don't know what to do. I have no one else to talk to besides you. The eyes of people were hard. They looked down on me and I don't feel any happier after I was able to regain my sight. The abyss were so much better to look at than the judging looks of strangers I saw on the streets. 

Hyung, I called your phone and texted you countless times. I even e-mailed you. Why didn't you reply to me? Didn't you know how lonely it felt to be left all alone? You're really mean, do you know that? You gave me all that hope and love and you ended up leaving me abruptly like that. It hurts so much I don't think I can stand it any longer. 

I stopped eating peach buns. They do look like butts after all. How could something that looks so wrong taste so good? 

Seokjin hyung told me that you left a letter for me. I haven't opened it yet and I'm not planning to. 

Your apartment stays the same. I went there once in a while to tidy your things up. Your room still smells like you. Your unfinished box of cereal is still there. Your soap and shampoo is untouched too. I might seem like a fool but I'm just not ready to let you go. 

I don't feel like myself these days. I don't feel happy at all. It's hard for me to fall asleep at night and it's even harder for me to wake up in the morning. Even when I'm resting, my heart is constantly racing. 

I'm afraid of myself, hyung. I'm afraid of my own thoughts. It ran to places I don't even want to think about everytime I have nothing to do. What would you do if you were in my place, hyung? What should I do to feel better?

Thinking back, I don't want to feel better. I'm done with everything, hyung. I want to be with you. I'm writing in my bathroom right now. If you were here you'd pobably laugh at how pathetic I look like currently. The water is cold but I'd rather be here than anywhere else at the moment. How should I send this letter to you when you're so far, hyung? Should I burn it? I heard people burn things that they want their loved ones to receive in the other world. 

Anyhow, I'll end my letter here. I'll come to you instead. Please welcome me kindly! I miss you so much, I want to hold you, hyung. I want to hug you. 

I'm on my way right now. See you really soon, Min Yoongi hyung!

 

Love, Park Jimin

 

 


THAT'S IT PEOPLEEE!!!!! I want to thank everyone who has been there for me since my very first chapter and to YOU!! YES YOU! Thank you so much for finishing my fic! I'll start on another one soon! You can give me suggestions on what to write next of course! Please do comment! I would love to read what you guys think on the fic overall. I'll start editing too and probably add another chapters for Yoongi's story. 

You guys literally helped me during one of the toughest times in my life. Thank you so much. The commenters, the voters and the subscribers! This fic expected what I planned. My previous fic can't even reach 1000 views and look at this one here! All thanks to you! I can't express my gratitude with words. Please please comment for me to know that you're here and so that I could thank you all personally. Thank you! It really has been a great time with all of you! I love you all!!!!