Alternate Ending : Wishes

Of Peaches and Blues (COMPLETED)

 

Jimin's heart was pounding. It was pounding really hard. People that was closest to him was in his room. Taehyung and Yoongi was chatting, probably on the other bed. Jin was sitting on the sofa, peeling fruits. Namjoon and Jungkook was battling on their phones. And there sat Park Jimin, pathetically trying to calm his own nerves.

The air conditioner seemed to be colder that particular day. The television seemed to be louder.

"Chim, is there something wrong?" A deep voice that Jimin knew belongs to Taehyung said.

"No. Nothing is wrong. I'm totally fine. Everything is fine." Jimin answered, his voice shaky.

"Sure. You're hyperventilating." Taehyung chuckled. "Everything is going to be okay, dude. You're in good hands." 

"I know. It's just that, I don't know if I'm ready." Jimin replied. Everyone stopped talking. Jimin felt a shift on his bed and a hand on his back. 

"Haven't you been looking forward to this day?" A rough voice said. Yoongi. 

"Well, yeah. But you know, I'm just nervous. Maybe." Jimin chuckled, trying to hide his anxiety. 

"The operation will probably take 4 hours, more or less. You will be bandaged for about a month." Taehyung explained for the nth time. "There are risks, but you'll be okay." 

"I hope the surgeon doesn't take too much coffee before your operation. You know, shaky hands." Jungkook joked, earning a slap on the back of his head from Namjoon. 

Jimin, being Jimin, laughed. This time, louder. 

Yoongi glared at Jungkook and the younger stuck out his tongue in a mocking manner. Yoongi sighed. 

"You'll be fine. If there's some sort of malpractice, we can always sue the hospital." Yoongi said, trying to reassure the younger, which doesn't seem to work the slightest bit. 

"I'll just grab a short nap before it all. You know, to calm myself down." Jimin announced. 

"Okay then, rest well. We'll go out and grab some lunch. I'll be leaving the apples on your bedside, Jimin." Seokjin said. 

Jimin replied with a smile, saying goodbyes as he heard the shuffling of shoes and the friction of opened doors. But the slight shift on his bedside doesn't leave.

"Don't you want to grab lunch too, hyung?" Jimin asked, knowing that the 'shift' was a certain grumpy sounding author.

The one and only.

"Nah. I'm not that hungry." Yoongi said as he shifted towards Jimin. "Make some room would you?" The elder said.

Jimin was flustered. He felt heat creeping up to his cheeks as he moved towards his left. He felt Yoongi, lying down on his bed.

"I'll read you your stories when I can see." Jimin said, smiling.

"Read me something else." Yoongi answered. He was honestly very thankful that Jimin couldn't see him right then. He was staring at the younger, contemplating whether it would be okay to move a stranded hair away from Jimin's smiling face.

"Nope, no can do. I'm going to read you your book." Jimin closed his eyes, lips still pulled upwards, forming an innocent smile.

Yoongi lifted his right hand up and he stopped. Instead of moving the strand of hair away from Jimin's face, he ruffled his hair instead, messing it up. He then turned his body away from Jimin.

"Everything is going to be okay. You'll be okay."

 

 


 

 

"Buy me ice cream when I wake up." Jimin whined.

"Sure. What ever you want." Nurse Kim said as she pushed Jimin's bed towards the operating room. Taehyung was there too.

"Hey! You wouldn't even buy me ice cream, mom." The young doctor protested.

"You can buy your own, Kim Taehyung." The senior nurse answered, earning a childish pout from her son. Their little argument made Jimin laugh a little.

"When you wake up, everyone will be there waiting for you." Taehyung said. He opened the operating room, lifted Jimin's right hand up, and gave him a high five. "I'll be waiting for you too."

Jimin smiled and Taehyung walked outside. Leaving his bestfriend and his mother in the ER. He knew that when he'll see Jimin tomorrow, everything will be fine.

He stared at his hand and raked his fingers through his hair. He sighed.

Being a doctor has always been Taehyung's dream. Saving people's lives, treating the sick, caring for the wounded.

He was unaware of how psychologically draining his job was. People looked down on him when a treatment doesn't work, but they expected him to save them when something happed. Parents told their children that doctors these days are corrupt. That all they ever think about was how to get as much money as possible from their patients. Yet, they encourage their children to go to medical school. 

Taehyung took his cell phone out. He received one message from Yoongi. 

'We're going home. Text me the visiting hours tomorrow. Good luck on your job, kid.' 

He smiled a little. He made new friends and he's happy. But a frown quickly made it's way back to Taehyung's face as he worry for a certain Park Jimin in the operating room.

"Why the long face?" Someone said as they tapped Taehyung on the shoulder, dragging him out of his trance. 

"Oh, sunbae. It's nothing." It was Jung Daehyun, a respectable senior. The valedictorian of his batch. Other worldly handsome, kind, definitely capable. Someone Taehyung look up to.

The elder sighed, sliding his hands in the pocket of his white coat. "I got another hopeless case." 

"Who is it this time? A diabetic cake lover? A smoking maniac with 3rd phase lung cancer?" Taehyung joked.

"Nope. An AML patient. Late blast phase. Certainly dying." He answered. 

Taehyung froze. That case sounded too familiar to him. 

"The patient's body is not responding towards the treatment given. Operation is almost impossible, considering the condition of the patient." Daehyun continued, unaware of the terrified expression on Taehyung's face. 

"Is the patient really hopeless? There's still a survival chance, right?" 

"Sure, there is always a survival chance. It's just inhumane for the patient. Even if the operation is  a success, he still won't be able to live his life normally. The damage done is way too severe." The senior explained. 

Taehyung ed up. He ed up bad. He told Jimin so many times that it's possible for him and Yoongi to have a happy ending. He gave him hope.

"." 

"Why? Are you handling a similar case?" Daehyun tilted his head, resembling a confused puppy.

"The patient, his name is not Min Yoongi, right, hyung?" 

"Oh! Do you know him? I think it's him." Daehyun's eyes widened, tilting his head as he tried to remember the name of his patient.

"He- He's a friend of my friend. Well, he's my friend too but we're not that close." Taehyung explained. 

"I see. How is he?" Daehyun asked. 

"He's doing pretty well. Well, not really but pretty well." Taehyung answered. 

Daehyun chuckled at Taehyung's words. 

"Well, me and my team will certainly give our best. You know Yixing. He won't give up on anyone. And Jongup, despite being a little bit eccentric, is very skilled in what he's doing." The senior reassured his junior. "But you know the survival rate is really slim, right?" 

"Yes. I'm aware." Taehyung nodded. 

Daehyun took out his pager and sighed loudly. "I gotta go. Job calls." He then tapped the junior lightly on his shoulder and walked away. Taehyung bowed a little out of respect and resumed walking towards the emergency room for another shift. 

 


 

To say that Yoongi was experiencing an excruciating headache was an understatement. His vision grew fuzzy, he felt sick, but he can't move anything. If he groaned, Jungkook, Seokjin, and Namjoon will be worried. If he stayed still, he'll probably go insane from the pain. 

"I told you, hyung! I'll feed it well, walk it every morning and bathe it every two or three days. I'm a grown man. I can handle a puppy." Jungkook whined. His head was on Yoongi's lap and Yoongi didn't mind a bit. It felt warm. 

His brother was arguing with Seokjin whether he could or could not get a puppy. 

"Kook, who's going to take care of it when you go to college? Me? Namjoon? Yoongi? Your brother can't even remember when to feed himself." Seokjin nagged. "If you want a dog, just go and visit a dog cafe or something. You're not a kid anymore. A dog is too much responsibility for you." 

They were not talking loudly, Yoongi knew that. But his headache amplified their volume. The murmurs on the television and Namjoon's laughs doesn't help either. All of the voices ringing painfully inside his ears. His head hurt so much to the point where he was sweating bullets and starting to lose conciousness. He didn't even realize that Jungkook sat up and was staring at him with worry obviously laced onto his eyes.

"Hyung, are you okay?" He felt a hand on his shoulder. It was Jungkook. 

"Yeah. Yeah I'm fine. I think I'll wash my face." 

Jungkook's eyebrows knitted together. His brother was slurring. Sure, Yoongi slurred on a daily basis but that time, it was way worse. He could barely comprehend what he's trying to say. 

Yoongi gathered all the energy he had left and stood up. He then walked towards his supposed to be bathroom before he stumbled on his own feet. His world spun and he knew that his hands won't be strong enough to handle his own weight. 

His head met the floor with a sickening thud.

Yoongi heard people calling his name. He groaned. 

The writer was fully aware of the increasing pain inside his head. It felt like his skull was about to burst. 

"Hyung!" Jungkook screamed as he ran towards Yoongi. Trying to lift the elder up. "You okay?" 

Yoongi's world spun around and he felt sick. The threw up but all that came out of him was water. "I- My head." Yoongi managed to mutter before his limbs went limp and all he saw was black. 

 

 

 


 

 

Taehyung ran like he never ran before. Jungkook called him on his cell phone. Yoongi collapsed, he said. They're on their way to the Emergency Room, he said. 

"A patient is coming. Suspected brain injury. Prepare the MRI." Taehyung said to one of the nurses that worked along side him. The said nurse nodded and hurried off. 

Taehyung paced outside as a sight of a very familiar ambulance drove by. The back door of the car opened and it was chaos. 

Jungkook's eyes was swollen and red. The kid was hyperventilating and he was latching onto Yoongi's hand like crazy. 

"His vitals are normal." One of the workers said to Taehyung. He nodded. 

It was a routine for him, but when it's a person that he actually knew, everything seemed different. Voices were blocked out in his head. He knew he needed to focus.

"Hyung, wake up. Hyung!" Jungkook said. The kid was half screaming. 

"Kook, I need you to wait over there. I have to check him up." Taehyung said. His usual merry voice gone. 

"No. I need to be with him." Jungkook insisted, wiping his tears on his checkered shirt. 

Taehyung knew that he was racing with time. He ignored the younger and started analyzing Yoongi. He opened the elder's eyes. One of his pupils was dilated. 

Taehyung cursed mentally. "Did he went unconscious right after he fell?" Taehyung turned his head towards Jungkook. The younger was standing still, brows knitted together as he fumbled with the fingernail on his thumb. 

"N-no. He threw up and he said that his head hurts a lot." The younger answered. Jungkook was usually very chic. He answered to questions with audacity and confidence. At that moment, all Taehyung saw in him was that of a lost child. 

"Screw the MRI. The patient has epidural hematoma." Taehyung announced. "Prepare the operation room right now. Contact a neurosurgeon." 

The nurses whispered among themselves, leaving Taehyung dumbfounded. "What the hell are you guys waiting for?" He raised his voice.

"Epidural hematoma doesn't require an emergency surgery. We need to get his papers ready and the legal papers from the guardian-"

"The patient has AML!" Taehyung yelled, startling the nurses. He was known to be very well behaved. A very sweet young doctor. Now the said doctor was screaming at their faces. "The blood won't clot and his brain won't be able to handle the pressure. The patient will die." He further explained. 

Hearing that, the nurses scrambled. Taehyung has always been goofy, but they knew that he's a very talented doctor. Hence they didn't doubt a thing he said. They took Yoongi to the operating room and all Taehyung could do was hope for the best. He sighed, almost forgetting the boy standing behind him. 

Jungkook was stupefied. Taehyung walked towards him as an attempt to calm him down. 

"Hyung, will he die?" The boy asked. 

Taehyung felt a pang of pain in his heart. Almost physical. "Yoongi hyung is strong. He'll make it through."

"What do I do now?" Jungkook asked. Taehyung knew that it was rhetorical. He sighed as he pat the younger on the back. 

The sliding door opened. Seokjin and Namjoon ran inside, huffing and puffing.

"Where's Yoongi?" Seokjin asked. 

"He's in the operating room." The young doctor answered. Simultaneously, their shoulders slumped. 

Despite being an atheist, Namjoon prayed. Despite being a non believer, Jungkook hoped. Despite being logical, Seokjin wished. 

And all Taehyung could do was to wait for the best. 

 


AFTER ALL THE WAIT GUYS.... this is probably the longest chapter I have written for this story XD I think the next alternate ending episode will be the last and I'm still contemplating whether or not to make a sequel to this from the alternate ending POV. It will be mainly VKOOK with a dash of Jimin every now and then.. 

So what do you think? Or should I make this the official ending instead? IDK man I'm so open to choices right now.. XD by the way, epidural hematoma is when a bleeding occur inside the skull and over the outer layer of the brain. (I did my research, people..) It's 12.35 am here.. so I'm sorry for the mistakes in both spelling and grammar.. My eyes are barely open right now XD I would like to thank the subsribers and the upvoters (FAM WHERE YOU AT? STAY LIT PEOPLE) and the commenters of course.. Please please please leave a comment! Tell me what you think and what I can improve :D Thank you so much for reading! Have a nice day!! <3