Oppa?

The Shining Knight and The Dark Rider

    " Haiz, the weather is so unpredictable! How can it start raining all of a sudden? " I grumbled to myself as I stared up at the dark rumbling sky under the small shelter in the park. I was on my way home when suddenly the rain came pouring down. I sighed and sat down on the bench. I placed both my elbows on my knees and leaned forward to support my head with both my hands. I tilted my head up towards the left, looking up at the sky with puppy eyes and pouty lips, " You know I want to go home, right? So please stop raining, please~ "

    Haiz, I sighed and looked down again. What am I trying to do? Doing aegyo to the sky? What a stupid idea... I sat up straight and sighed again. I looked outside and blinked at the strings of water falling down to the floor with great speed and mumbled to myself, " How am I suppose to go home now? "

    " It seems like even God wants you to stay here with me. " I jumped. I turned to my right and saw a familar guy with spiky hair and lots of rings on his face. " Or do you want me to send you home, sweetie? " He was smirking and was slowly walking towards me. I blinked at him, feeling scared. He looked totally like a badie, a gangster. And he looked exactly like that guy last time I saw when I went to search for my lost necklace! In fact, I think he IS the exact same guy!

    Oh no! He is back for me! What should I do? What does he want?! I panicked. He smirked, " Why? You still remember me don't you? " I gulped and looked around the park. Aish, there's no one around. I turned back to him, trying to look as calm a possible. He sat down beside me and suddenly put his hand on my shoulder, " Ahh! " I jumped.

    " Hahahaha!!! " He laughed and stood up. He leaned closer to me and said between laughter, " You should had seen your face just now! Hahahaha!!! It was epic!!! " He then continued laughing his heart out while I just stared at him timidly, " What do you want? " My voice came out small and trembling.

    He stopped laughing abruptly and turned to face me, " Me?  I just want... revenge. " He glared fiercely at me while I just backed away as he leaned forward so close that I could smell his stinky breath. I gulped at his scary eyes, " My men... they were all seriously injured that night... just because of you... and that guy. " he phrased his words so slowly that it felt creepy. " I-I'm sorry! " I apologised quietly as tears welled up in my eyes.

    " Is that all?! You have to pay! " He shouted as a thunder roared in the background. I bit my lips and trembled in fear. I quickly stood up and manged to utter just loud enough to be heard in the growing storm, " I-I need to leave already... " I shoved him aside and ran into the rain, out of the shelter and towards home. The rain splashed down harshly onto my hair. My clothes were all wet and heavy that it's so hard to carry them along with me.

    The rain were splashing onto my eyes, making it difficult for me to see where I was going. But I didn't care. I ran with my heavy clothes as fast as my legs could take me. I ran forward without knowing where I was heading. It was probably the fastest I had ever ran in my whole life! Suddenly, I felt something caught my leg and I tripped. I held onto my knee, feeling the blood rushing out from the wound.

    Although I couldn't hear anything except for the splashing of rain, I knew he was already closer than ever. I struggled to stand up and blinked hard to get a clearer view of the road ahead of me. I need to leave before he catches up with me. Before I could even take a step forward, someone grabbed my arm so hard that pain shot through my whole arm. I shouted in pain and turned to the one man that look like the guy who snatched away my phone. He yanked my arm, almost making me fall, and pulled me back to the shelter harshly, more like dragged.

    He pushed me down onto the cold hard floor infront of that spiky haired guy who was now leaning on one of the piller, smoking. I pushed myself up but they pushed me back down. I gave a small cry and whimpered softly, " Please, please let me go... " He smirked and squat down infront of me " Make me. " His smirked disappeared and was replaced by a cold evil glare. He blow out the smoke at my face, making me coughed, " This is just the starting, sweetie, I haven't even started playing with you yet... You don't know what I am capable of... "

    A tear escaped my eyes as my heart pounded faster and faster at every single word he said, " What do you want from me? Can't you just let me go? " I muttered between sobs. He paced around infront of me, " Mmm, how about... NO. " He sat down on the bench and smirked again, " I haven't had my fun just yet. " He took out a pocket knife and played around with it " Should I start my game already? " He asked not accepting a 'No' as an answer.

    I bit my lips and shook my head vigorously as tears continued to flow down my cheeks. He walked slowly towards me and each step he took make me shake with fear. " JungMi! " Someone shouted my name suddenly and I turned around to see a familar motorbike stopped right infront of the shelter. My eyes lit up and I gave him a faint smile. He hopped off the motorbike and immediately rushed over and held me in his arms leaving his motorbike to topple over, " Are you ok? " He asked worriedly as the gangsters backed away.

    " Thanks... " I smiled weakly with tears still flowing down my eyes and hugged him tightly, I rested my head on his shoulder and whispered,  " Thank you... " He patted my back softly, " It's alright. "

    " Yah! Do you think you can get away with this?! " The spiky hair guy shouted in frustration, " You better hand her over to us now! "

    " Never! " The mysterious rider answered without hesitation. I looked up at him with touched eyes. " Fine... " The spiky hair guy nodded with irritation " Just don't blame us when you find your head rolling on the floor one day! " He then quickly retreated with the rest of his gang.

....................................................................

    " Here, wear this first. " He put his jacket around my shoulders as I shivered and sneezed in my wet clothes, " Thanks... Really. " I gave him the biggest smile I can as I wrapped the jacket tighter around myself. " Your knee... Is it still painful? " He asked, sounding worried.

    " It's fine, thanks for asking. " I smiled at him. " You sure? " He asked for confirmation, " It's still bleeding, you know? " He leaned down to have a closer look at my wound. I didn't answer, I just watched him silently as he took out a clean handkerchief and started bandaging my wound, gently and carefully. Unconsiously, I started smiling as he continued busying himself with my wound. 

    However, while watching his gentle movements, I realised something... Why? Why did he risk his life to save me? It was so dangerous just now! He might get into trouble himself. I thought for a while before I finally decided to ask him, I slightly tilted my head and the only possible reason I can think of is... " Oppa? Are you my elder brother? "

    " What?! " He sounded shock, " Me? Your older brother? "

    " Mmm, " I nodded my head, " aren't you my older brother? " I stared at him and he just stared back at me. After a while, he finally replied, " I... I... " He sighed and rephrased his sentence, " What make you think that I am your older brother? "

    " If you aren't my brother, then why? " I asked as I lowered my head again, trying to think of the possible reasons before I raised my head and looked into the place where I think his eyes are at, " Why? Why did you help me? It was so dangerous and it could have caused your life! "

    He lowered his head and and rubbed the back of his neck nervously before looking back at me and taking my hands. My heart skipped a beat at his touch and waited for what he wanted to say, " JungMi, ac-actually... actually I rea-really... like you. " He squeezed my hands, feeling nervous. My eyes widened, surprised. " That's why... That's why I won't let anyone hurt you. I will protect you... Believe me. " He said as he leaned closer.

    My heart was racing faster and faster. I gulped and just stare at him with wide eyes. I was speechless... I couldn't believe what my ears had heard. I bit my lips as I blinked at him. Am I... dreaming? He then let go of my hands and put his hands on my shoulders. " JungMi ah... Please... Please... Give me the chance to protect you forever. Please believe me. You... believe me... right? " He pulled me closer to him. OMG, maybe this is... REAL... I softened and broke into a smile, " I-I... I think so... "

    Although it was unrealistic, I felt touched. He pulled me into his embrace and said, " Thank you... Thank you for believing me. I wouldn't let you down. " I hugged him back and smiled at his touching words, but there's just one problem that still lingered at the back of my mind- I don't know him. I don't know who he is. I don't even know his name. Or how he look like. Can I really... trust him?

    I don't know the answer. I don't know if I can trust him. But one thing is for sure... I think I am in love...

 

===============================

Thanks for commenting and/or subscribing!

angelkitty ( thanks for your continuous support <3 )

--iluvreading-- ( Yay! You commented! It's the first time! Really grateful! )

Caitlynlyn ( Love your comment! )

Rei_the_babyface ( Thanks for subscribing to both our fanfics! Well, sorry if you think the post on your wall wasn't sincere or anything... I was feeling stressed that day, and I still am... I couldn't put how grateful I felt into words. ^^ )