A Day at the Market

The Shining Knight and The Dark Rider

    It's sunday morning and I was enjoying my breakfast when Onew oppa went limping into the kitchen. I quickly put down my untouched toasted bread and hurried over to help him to a chair. " Aish, why are you pulling out the chair for me? Shouldn't the guy be the one whose suppose to that? " He asked as he sat down on the chair.

    " Because you are injured. That's why. " I answered as I returned to my seat. " What is it that you need in the kitchen anyway? You should be resting in the room! If you need anything, you should have called me, I will help you get the things you want. "

    " Oh, at first I just wanted to have a drink. " He smiled at me.

    " Oh, a drink. " I repeated as I went to get a glass, ready to pour some water for him. " But I want a toasted bread now. " He continued before I could start pouring the water. " Ahh. So should I make one for you? "

    " No, I want that one. " Onew oppa said as he pointed to my piece of toasted bread which I still haven't had the chance to take a bite from. What?! I still want to eat that! " But that's mine! " I almost shouted.

    " I know, but don't you know, food that's snatched from others is always more delicious? " Onew oppa said, still smiling. He looked like he was a teacher, teaching me stuffs that I didn't know. " Really? I didn't know that. " I'm starting to get curious.

    " Mmm, Umma would always say that to tease us when me and TaeMin fight for the same food when we were still younger. " Onew oppa nodded as he explained it to me. " Oh. You can have it then. " I said as I pushed the plate towards him, still trying to make sense of what he was saying. Really? It'll be more delicious if it's snatched from others? I don't even quite remember how oppa looked like, much less memories of us arguing...

    " Eh, I don't want it anymore. You are not fighting for it. " Onew oppa said as he stood up. " Huh? Where are you going? " I asked, feeling confused.

    " To the market. I promised TaeMin a non-chicken meal today, remember? " He reached for his keys. " Wait, you are going out? " I asked but didn't even wait for him to reply before I continue, " You can't! You're injured! " He just looked at me with his mouth opened. " I'll go . As for you, you will just stay in your room. " I commanded as I pushed him towards his room.

    Just then, TaeMin suddenly rushed out of the room with a wide smile on his face, almost knocking into us. " Oh! Hyung! JungMi! I'm going out for a while, bye! " And the next second, he's already out of the door. Wow, so he's back to being weird again? I thought he was going out to prepare for Onew oppa's birthday, but it doesn't seemed like it now, since Onew oppa's birthday had already passed. " Erm, so... I'll also get going now? " I asked.

     " Mmm, go on. " Onew oppa replied as he turn to go inside his room. I then walked over to the main door, ready to open the door when the door bell suddenly rang. Oh! I almost jumped. I wonder who it is... I opened the door almost immediately since I'm already right infront of it. I was shocked. It was a guy wearing a red and white jacket, it even have a little pig at the top left hand corner. And... the point is, he's L.Joe!

    Oh no! What is he doing here?! He is going to find out that I live here with TaeMin! What should I do? I could see that he was as shocked as I was. We were staring at each other with our mouths wide opened, not knowing how to react until I figured out something- he must be here for TaeMin! " Erm... TaeMin's not here. " I replied before he could even asked me.

    " And why are you here? " He asked suspiciously.

    " Erm, I'm going out now, I'll tell you later. It's a looong story. " I was about to step outside when someone shouted my name. " JungMi! " I turned around and saw Onew oppa approaching. " You forgot the keys. " He handed me the keys and turned his gaze to L.Joe, " And who is this? " He asked, still looking at L.Joe.

    " Oh! He's a... friend? " I replied as I walked out of the house. Onew oppa must have heard the question mark because he looked really unconvinced when he was closing the door behind me. Haiz, it's not my fault for adding a question mark after the word 'friend' , I'm really not sure if he's considered my friend or not, we don't even talk in school. I think a better answer would be... classmates? " Yah, so can you tell me your long story now? " L.Joe's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

    " Ok, fine. " So I told him about how I met TaeMin and why I don't have a house and... basically everything. Haiz, I don't even know if he believes me or not, this whole thing sounds so... fake? But, anyway, by the time I finished my 'story' , we've reached my destination already. " Oh! Fish! " The fish stall caught my attention the minute we reached the market. I took a quick look at the list Onew oppa gave me and quickly ran over to buy a fish.

    After finishing with the fish, it's the vegetables this time. After half an hour, I've finally finished buying all the ingredients needed. I looked at the stuffs that I have bought, sastisfied that at least I have done something useful for Onew oppa and TaeMin except for the chicken porridge. They have been so good to me, it's only right if I do something for them too, right? I picked up the bags with a contented smile and was about to go back home when someone shouted my name.

    I turned around to where the sound came from and saw L.Joe running towards me. L.Joe? Oh ya, L.Joe. I have totally forgotten about him... He stopped infront of me and gave me a look that looked like angry to me. " Where did you go?! You were gone in a second! " He asked or maybe shouted " Do you know how worried I was?! You shouldn't just disappear like that! " Ok, now I feel guilty for leaving him there.

    " Sorry. I was just preoccupied with buying all these... " I apologised guiltily as I lift up both my hands to show him all the stuffs that I've bought. " I'm really sorry. " I bit my lips as I looked at him, hoping that he'll just say 'it's ok' , it'll lessen my guilt. I don't know if I should feel guilty or not, but I just do. I just continued looking at him, waiting for his reply but he didn't say anything.

    After a while, he just took, or maybe snatched, all the plastic bags from me and started walking away. I just stood there for a while, feeling a bit confused, before running to join him. So... I guess he isn't angry with me anymore? I lift up my head and turn to look at him. Hmm, he doesn't look that angry, so, it's ok now? I guessed so... I let out a small smile, happy that it's all fine now.

    Just then, I saw someone... the mysterious rider? I stopped. I widen my eyes and stared at him. Is it really him? I rubbed my eyes and opened them again. Eh? Where did he go? He just disappeared like the thin air... Maybe it wasn't him after all. Maybe... it's just someone with similar clothes? Or maybe, it was all my imagination. Haiz, I really wish I can see him again, so that I could thank him for helping me twice. And... I really want to know how he looks like.

    " JungMi! " I turned and saw L.Joe shouting at me from quite a distance away. I immediately rushed beside him. " Hehe, sorry. " I apologised quickly and started bitting my lips again, feeling embarassed. " Don't wander around! You might get lost! Stay near me! " He said as he pulled me closer to him.

    I nodded and smiled, " Mmm, don't be angry, ok? "

    " I already did. " He said with an innocent look. I blinked at the unexpected answer. I lowered my head and bit my lips, can't he just say 'yes'? " Yah, stop bitting your lips, they might just bleed one day. " He said as he lowered his body, leaning closer to me. I raised my head to look at him.

    " Why would you care? " I gave him a glare, " They are my lips, aren't they? "

    " Your parents gave you your lips! You shouldn't mis-use it. " He said as he rubbed my lips with his thumb. I blush and back away, " Wh-what are you doing? " My voice trails off. He smirked. I bit my lips in embarrassment.

    " Yah! I told you not to bit your lips already! "

    " Fine. "

    " Let's go, follow me closely and make sure you don't get lost! " L.Joe warned as he started walking again. I rushed to his side and smiled. Koreans are really friendly, aren't they? The mysterious rider helping me, TaeMin buying me a meal, Onew oppa letting me stay and not blaming me no matter what I did wrong, ChunJi and IU being friends with me, MinHo trying to help me find oppa, Bling Bling oppa who feels like a real oppa, Key oppa helped me with the dishes even though I declined his offer, and now? L.Joe is worried that I might get lost... How I wished I could find oppa real soon, by then, living in Korea will be perfect!

    I was smiling to myself when a sudden ring broke into my thoughts " Briiiingggg!!! " A bicycle. A bicycle? A BICYCLE?! Ahh! I'm going to get crushed! I closed my eyes shut waiting for the big impact to reach me. 1 second. 2 seconds. 3 seconds. Still nothing? Huh?

    Just then, I felt a pull and I almost fell, but somehow, I didn't. I slowly opened my eyes and saw a cute little pig infront of me. Huh? What is that? I blinked and stared at pig. It seems like I have seen it somewhere before. But where? I just can't seem to remember... Think. Where? Think, JungMi, think. " Cute isn't it? " Someone asked me. Cute? It is cute. I slowly nodded, my eyes not leaving the pig. I still can't remember where is it that I have seen it...

    " So cute that you have to keep staring at it? " The same person asked again. I slowly nodded again. Wait. That's not the reason! It was because it looked familar! Wait. The voice is familar too. I gasped. My eyes widen as I looked up at the owner of the voice. L.Joe. I quickly back away as I lowered my head in embarrassment. " Sorry... " I bit my lips after I apologized. Aish, this is so embarrassing.

    " What are you doing standing there waiting for the bicycle to crush into you? You should have moved aside! " L.Joe looks angry. Oh no. Is he angry with me again? It wasn't my fault. I couldn't move. I was scared... I lowered my head again guiltily. " Aish. Forget it. Let's go back. " He said as he walked away.

    I quickly followed behind him before he gets angry again. I looked at him, trying to figure out if he's still angry. I can't really make sure, so I gave him a little tug at his sleve. He turned to me with no expression, " Are you still angry? " I asked softly.

    " No, do you want me to be? "

    " No! " I quickly replied as I waved my hands infront of me to emphasize the 'no' . " So, are we friends now? " I asked with a small smile and a pair of hopeful eyes. " Of course! You didn't considered me as a friend before?! "

    " But you didn't talk to me! " I said trying to defend myself. " How can you not consider me as your friend?! " He continued. Aish, why is he ignoring what I've said. " You didn't talk to me! " I repeated again.

    " I was so nice to you and yet you didn't consider me as a friend?! " Ahh! Now I'm really getting frustrated. How many times do I have to repeat this?! " I said you didn't talk to me! " Is it just me, or do I see a small smile on his face when I said that? Is he doing this on purpose?! " Why am I helping you with these bags when you didn't even consider me as your friend?! "

    " I told you you didn't talk to me! " I am starting to feel annoyed now, why is he like that?! " And I didn't tell you to help me with the bags! " I tried to take the bags away from him, but he raised the bags up high so that I couldn't reach them. " I didn't say I didn't want to help you with the bags! " He said " Don't be angry, I was only joking. "

    " I already did. " I replied and pouted. I crossed my arms and looked away. " Hey! That was my line! "

    " Merong! Revenged! " I put out my tongue at him and ran away, towards home and he just followed behind me.

===============================

We have a new subscriber: GogoB2STfan, thanks for subscribing! Hope you COMMENT lots! Same for the rest of you! Comments are greatly appreciated here! So comment lots! We will be super SUPER SUPER grateful to those who comment on our fanfic! So please do comment! Thanks :D