Cheering TaeMin Up

The Shining Knight and The Dark Rider

    " What do I do after frying the eggs? " Key oppa asked.

    " Erm, why don't you fry the fries? "

    Key oppa and I are in the kitchen preparing dinner for Onew oppa and TaeMin who isn't home yet, " Oppa, can you pass me the soya sauce please? " Key oppa tossed it to me and I caught it, " Thank you~ But please do not throw it next time, I might just missed it! "

    Key oppa chuckled, " Don't worry, if that happens, I'll take full responsibility. "

    " Psh, Onew oppa might not let you off for dirtying his kitchen and wasting his soya sauce! " I tsked him as I carefully place the cooked steak onto a plate. TaeMin's favourite food is steak, so I thought of cooking one for him. I hope he will be really happy when he sees this! He has been really stressed out these few days, trying hard to forget about his noona, so I want to somehow cheer him up!

    We even bought banana milk, and it's the exact same brand that TaeMin bought for himself on Onew oppa's birthday! Since he bought that for himself, he should prefer that brand to others, right? Ha! I'm so clever! I started decorating the plate of steak, with vegetables and some salad, all that's left is the fries Key oppa is frying.

    After 30 minutes, we've finally finished preparing the dinner. Key oppa and I carefully placed the food onto the table. " Aish, what's taking them so long? " Key oppa checked the time on his watch again. It's already 7.15pm. We were still worried that we might not be able to finish cooking the food before they are back, but guess what? We are the one waiting for them instead. What exactly are Onew oppa and TaeMin doing?

    Suddenly, the front door creaked open, and in came Onew oppa and TaeMin. Both of them were shocked, seeing the delicious spread on the dining table. " Why are you guys so late? " Key oppa asked, " We've been waiting for so long. "

    " I brought TaeMin to shopping. It has been so long since TaeMin and I go out for a walk together, furthermore he's a down these few days, I thought it might help lighten up his mood. " Onew oppa explained, lifing up the bags in his hands, " But what's all that on the table? "

    " Dinner! " I smiled, " Key oppa and I cooked dinner for us! I even prepared TaeMin's favourite food and drink! Key oppa told me you like steak, is it right TaeMin? "

    TaeMin put down the bags on the floor beside the sofa and rushed over to the table, " Wow~ Thank you Key hyung and JungMi! This look delicious! " TaeMin his lips and quickly pulled out the chair infront of the steak. TaeMin is just so cute, I'm so glad he likes the steak I prepared for him, he can't even wait to start eating, he must be hungry.

    " Wait TaeMin! I don't mean to stop you from eating, but go and change your clothes first. You haven't wash your hands too! " Onew oppa ordered as he carefully placed the bags down too. He headed towards their room and motioned for TaeMin to follow him, " Come here TaeMin. "

...................................................................................

    " Quick! Take a bite TaeMin, I want to know how it tastes like! " I eagerly exclamied, half excited, half nervous, afraid that TaeMin might not like it, " How is it? Is it... nice? " I carefully ask as TaeMin took a bite.

    " Mmm, it's... " TaeMin paused, he is expressionless, I can't see what is he thinking. But I suppose it's not nice, that's why he's pausing to look for words that won't hurt my feelings... " It's ok, why don't you eat my pork chop instead. Key oppa cooked it, it should be tastier. " I pushed my plate towards him but TaeMin took me by suprise, " No JungMi, it's delicious! "

    " Really? " I asked, a bit unconvinced, " You don't have to lie if it's really bad, just tell me, I can take it. "

    " JungMi, it really is delicious! I just can't find the right word to describe it. I guess my brain is sort of off function for too long, I should start working out my brain soon. " TaeMin smiled, assuring me that the steak tasted good.

    " Really? " I couldn't stop myself from beaming with joy.

    " How many 'really' are you going to ask, JungMi? You should just believe TaeMin! " Key oppa smiled, " You should have more confidence in yourself! " Onew oppa nodded and I smiled back at them. It's the first time I've cooked a steak and TaeMin liked it! Ha! I'm such a genius! That will prove to L.Joe that I'm not stupid! Hahahaha!

    " How about trying the pork chop I cooked, JungMi. I want to know if it's nice too! " Key oppa disrupted my train of thoughts. I smiled, " Sure! " I cut a nice small piece of pork chop from my plate and carefully place it inside my mouth, making sure no sauce escaped, " It's really delicious! " I exclaimed once I managed to swallow.

    Key oppa grinned and said, " Of course it is! I, the almighty Key cooked it! It is the best, number 1 pork chop in the whole wide world! "

    We all bursted out in laughter. It has been such a long time since I had dinner together with Key oppa, and it definitely is different from the previous time. It was so spooky and scary the first time, and now, it's such a happy, full of laughter meal.

......................................................................................

    " Need my help? "

    " Sure. "

    Key oppa came over from the kitchen door and took the plate I've been washing, he reached for a nearby cloth and started drying it. " Today sure is a success, TaeMin's all cheered up already. " He smiled.

    " Yup. " I nodded. " I'm so glad he's alright now. "

    We continued washing the dishes in silence until Key oppa spoke again. " So, I thought I should inform you, your precious oppa is currently renting a room at my place, so when you move over... "

    " You'll be there too? Ok, I'm fine with it. Thanks for giving my oppa a place to sleep though. " I laughed.

    He chuckled. " No problem, it's my honour to do you any favour, including taking in your dino oppa, my princess. " He bowed. We both laughed at how he pretended that I was a princess.

    " JungMi, why don't you go and talk with TaeMin? I'll wash the dishes with Key. " Onew oppa's voice was heard, both of us turned around to face Onew oppa who was leaning on the kitchen door frame. " You cooked, so I shall clean. " He smiled, " Furthermore, it's better not dirty your princess hands, isn't it? "

    " Well, ok then, I would kindly accept the offer. " I beamed, " Chatting has always been a easier job than washing the dishes. " I washed my hands and gave Onew oppa a quick hug, " Thank you oppa! "

    I skipped to TaeMin's room and knocked gently, TaeMin opened the door and smiled, " JungMi! You came at the right moment! "

    He pulled me inside the room and pointed to a bunch of cards on his bed, " I was looking for you to play 'spot the difference'. I was bored, so I digged out some games that Onew hyung and I played when we were younger. "

    " 'Spot the difference'? I love that game! "

    " Really? " TaeMin asked eagerly, " Then do you want to start first or do I start first? "

    " Wait, why don't we ask Key oppa to play with us too? He said he always won in this game! I want to have a match with him! " I suggested, excited.

    " Really? " TaeMin asked, " Then what are we waiting for? The more the merrier! "

    TaeMin and I pocked our heads into the kitchen, " Key oppa/hyung. "

    Key oppa and Onew oppa turned around and I smiled, " Key oppa, we're playing 'spot the difference', do you want to join? "

    " I would love to- " Key oppa didn't get to finish his sentence and TaeMin cut him off, " That's great! " He turn to Onew oppa and asked, " You won't mind if Key hyung plays with us and leave you alone to wash the dishes, right? "

    " Well, I won't mind, but- "

    " Love you hyung! " TaeMin and I then excitedly pulled Key oppa out of the kitchen. But before we reached the room, Key oppa stopped and spoke, " But I have something on and have to leave now. Why don't we play some other time? "

    We whined like a kid and pouted, " But you said- "

    " We tried telling you guys that Key had to leave, but you guys won't let us finish our sentences! " Onew oppa came out from the kitchen and explained. " It's your dino oppa again. " Key oppa sighed, " He've forgotten his wallet and I have to go and pay for his meal before he gets drag to wash dishes for a week. "

    " Ahhh, then you do better go and save my oppa first! " I smiled, " I don't want my prince oppa to get his hands in the dirty water. "

    " If he's a prince, then I would be the king already! " Key oppa tsked. We laughed and Key oppa hurried out of the door.