The Project

The Shining Knight and The Dark Rider

    " Let's go! I can't wait to see the cute puppy! " IU jumped around, excited. " We're packing! Can't you just calm down! " ChunJi tsked, " It's just a dog for goodness sake. "

    I glared at ChunJi and tsked him back, " It is a cute puppy, ok? It's normal for IU to be excited. "

    IU smiled and put her tongue out at ChunJi, " Blueh, see? JungMi says it's normal. " She then turn to me and beamed, " Thank you JungMi. " L.Joe rolled his eyes and shot us back, " You guys are bestfriends, it's normal to speak up for each other. "

    " Ha! L.Joe says it's normal. " ChunJi smirked.

    " Psh, it's just that you guys don't know how to appreciate the cuteness of a puppy. "

    " You're the one who's exaggerating things! "

    I sighed, watching how IU and ChunJi were so childish. They always argue over the slightest things. I turned to leave, leaving the two of them to continue with their battle. We need to finish packing up soon before it gets late. " Do we need to bring this too? " L.Joe asked as he kneeled down beside me, infront of the bags, holding up a screw driver. I gave him the are-you-serious look. " Why do we even need a screwdriver for? "

    He shrugged " I don't know, maybe we need to screw open the dog's eyes to examine it? "

    I gasped at his answer and gave him a knock on his head. " What are you thinking?! That's so cruel! "

    " Yah yah yah " L.Joe grabbed my hand, " I was just joking, okay? "

    " Psh, you better be. " I released my hand from his grasp and mumbled loudly to myself, " All boys are heartless... " L.Joe tsked and raised his hand to give me a knock on my head, but was stopped by TaeMin, grabbing hold of his hand.  " I am different, right? I'm not heartless right, JungMi? "

    I smiled and nodded, " TaeMin is the exception, you are kind, you're caring, and you love dogs, don't you? "

    TaeMin nodded and L.Joe mumbled, " Who say one have to love dogs to be kind and caring? " I gave him a poker face and said, " I can hear that. " He turn to me and replied in a monotone before standing up, " It's meant for you to be heard. "

    I stood up after him and tsked, " I can't be bothered with you. " I then turn to TaeMin and smiled, " Have you done your packing? "

    " Mmm, I've finish it while you guys were arguing. " He smiled and answered after he stood up after me. I turn to ChunJi and IU and interupted their still ongoing arguements, " We can go already, all the stuffs are packed. "

    I waited for them to stop but they didn't, it seems like they were too engrossed with their arguments that they can't hear me. I sighed and tried again, " IU! Chun- " However, before I finish my sentence, someone broke it off, " Quit quarreling! We need to finish up our project! " L.Joe glared at the two.

    ChunJi was shock at the sudden shout and turned to L.Joe. " But she said I am stupid! " ChunJi complained as he pointed his finger at IU. IU then pointed her finger at ChunJi and pouted, " He said I was ugly first! "

    " I thought you guys were arguing about being excited to see the cute puppy? " I asked, confused.

    " She said I'm short, that's why I called her ugly! "

    " He- " IU started, but was cut off by TaeMin, " Why don't we just go and finish our project first? That's the most important thing right now, isn't it? " ChunJi thought for a little while and then nodded his head, " I agree. So now, I'll just let it go. I won't let my report book have a D or F just because of a fatty. "

    " I am not fat, ok?! " IU glared at ChunJi, " You this moron! "

    ChunJi grabbed his bag and then IU's books using his other hand. He lifted the books high up, out of IU's reach. IU jumped, trying and reach his books, " Yah! Give it back to me! " ChunJi put his tongue out and smirked, " Who is the moron and shorty now? "

..........................................................................

    Here we are! Infront of TaeMin's house, finally. I don't know how, but somehow we managed to get the bickering two here. TaeMin took a step forward to open the door, but for some reasons, the key didn't work. " Weird~ "

    " What's wrong TaeMin? " IU asked concernly.

    " Obviously the key didn't work. Stupid. " ChunJi tsked. IU glared at him and they started arguing... again. Haiz, when are they going to stop? I can't understand how they manage to be seatmates this whole year! But thinking about it, they were still fine earlier this year when I just joined the class. Why the big change?

    " They are really like you and L.Joe, aren't they? " TaeMin laughed. My eyes widen, like us? I don't really argue with L.Joe that much. Not every moment that we see each other, do we?

    " I'll call Onew hyung for help. " TaeMin took out his phone and dailed Onew oppa's number.

    We waited and waited, but Onew oppa seems to be taking forever to pick up his phone! I stood outside the door sturggling with the weight I had to carry. The books from school were heavy enough, and to add on to that, the bag I had to hold the materials we need for the project was even heavier. I shifted my position a little and tried to hold the bag and books in a more comfortable way, but failed.

    I almost dropped the bag when a hand grabbed it and pulled it away from me. I looked up and saw L.Joe with the bag. I couldn't help but to smile, he's rather sweet sometimes. However, as I glanced at his already occupied hands, my smile faded. There's enough for him to hold already, I don't want to be bothering him with what I'm suppose to hold.

    " Thank you, but I can handle. " I smiled at him and attempted to get back the bag, but he moved his hand out of my reach. " You sure? This thing is heavy, you know? "

    I nodded, " Yeah, very sure, so give it back to me. " I held my hand out and smiled assuringly. See? We get along quite well sometimes too. He lowered his hands and opened up his palm. I reached for the handle of the bag but before I could reach it, he closed his hand again. " After some thought, maybe I shouldn't give it back to you. "

    " Why? It's my responsibility. " I whined.

    He thought for a while before nodding his head, " Right... " He slowly opened his hand again and this time, before he changes his mind, I reached for the handle of the bag. I grabbed the handle but before I could pull my hand away, he closed his hand again. With my hand in his. I blinked and looked up at him.

    " Yah, that is cheating! You can't just snatch it like that! " L.Joe complained.

    I gulped, " T-that is because I am afraid that you won't give it to me! " I pulled my hands out of his and stared down at the floor. I bit my lips and mentally scold myself. Aish, so embarrassing! Stupid L.Joe! He must have did that on purpose! To make me feel embarrased! He really likes to embarrass me, don't he?

    " You are biting your lips, aren't you? " I look up from the floor and blinked, " W-what? "

    " Don't bite your lips. They might bleed. " I turn my head to look at him, but was taken by suprise at how close our faces were. He had bent down to match my height. I took a step backward but accidentally tripped over my own leg. But before I hit the ground, I was caught by a hand. He caught me by my shoulders and pushed me back up on my feet. I turn around and saw TaeMin.

    He smiled, " Be careful next time JungMi. "

    " O-ok. " I bit my lips in embarrassment and slapped myself mentally. I gave TaeMin an awkward smile and tried to change the conversation, " So... how's the key? "

    He took out a sliver key and let it dangle on his index finger, he held it infront of my face and smiled, " Ta-da! Onew hyung said there's a spare key under the carpet. "

...............................................................................

    " Finally! We finished! So, now let's go home! " ChunJi cheered after hours of sitting there, facing the cute little puppy.

    " But wait! Someone has to take care of the dog for the next few days before we returned it! " IU stopped ChunJi from packing up, " TaeMin and JungMi already took care of the puppy for 1 whole week, we should take turns. " IU reasoned.

    " I'm not taking care of him, just not me. " ChunJi shook his hands infront of his face, " I am going to enjoy my last week of school WITHOUT a dog in my way. "

    " I knew you wouldn't be so kind to do it. " IU sighed. " I really like to take it home, it's just sooo cute! But my parents would never ever allow it. My mother is allergic to dog furs... " IU pouted. L.Joe then cleared his throat and spoke, " Well, I'll take care of him then, and see how cute it actually is that you girls love it so much. "

    " Seriously L.Joe? " TaeMin asked, " You cannot back out halfway! "

    He nodded his head, " Yeah, I am pretty sure I'm going to do a good job taking care of it. " Well, since he said so, we decided to let him try and take care of the puppy.