The nice annoying L.Joe

The Shining Knight and The Dark Rider

    I swing my hand and let my hair fly in the cooling breeze. I was about to exit the park when I heard footsteps behind me. Those footsteps... It's like they were following me. Weird. I mindlessly stopped walking and so did the footsteps behind me. Even weirder. Hmm... I shrugged it off and was about to leave when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I froze.

    The wind blew and the thunder roared. All of a sudden the park seems so dark. I slowly turned my head around and at the corner of my eyes, I saw something black flashed across. I shivered in the cold and my heart raced. This is creeping me out! I felt presence of someone else in this park, I know I am not alone. I looked around the park, panicking.

    Just then, a backview of a man walking towards a faraway tree caught my attention. He could be the one who tapped me on my shoulder. But why would he do that? He stopped in his steps and turned around to face me. I strained my eyes to see him, he's too far in the dark for me to see his face. He waved at me. Who is he? I fell deep in my thoughts...

    " BOOO!!! "

    " AHHHHHHHH!!! " I jumped and screamed my head off. " What's with the screaming? I'm almost deaf! " L.Joe covered his ears and gave a playful smile.

    " And what's with the BOOO huh?! I almost had a heart attack! " I glared at him while he just stuck his tongue out at me. Tsk. Can't this guy ever be nice to me?

    " So why are you here? It's going to rain soon, you know? " He asked while rummaging through his bag for an umbrella. " And why are you here? It's going to rain soon, you know? " I asked him back. I don't know why, but it's just so fun talking back at him. " I'm just here to, " He paused as he opens up the umbrella and holds it up, " to give you your homework for today and maybe teach you the stuffs we just learned since you didn't come to school. " He turned his attention from the umbrella to me and smiled a little.

    Wow. That's weird. I narrowed my eyes at him and frowned a little. Since when was he so nice to me? Even getting my homework for me?

    " Yah, why are you frowning? Are you expecting someone else to get your homework? " He sounded hurt.

    " H-huh? No. " I blurted and shook my head. " Ok. Then come on. Aren't you going home? I'll walk you back, I've got the umbrella up and ready! " He gestured to the umbrella above him just as droplets of rain starts to fall. " It's raining! " He gasped and quickly pulled me into the shelter of his umbrella. I just stayed quiet as he pulled me all the way home. I am totally not used to him being so nice to me all of a sudden. What got into him today?

........................................................

    " So where's my homework? "

    " Yah, at least I walked you home, ok? Aren't you at least going to give me something to drink? " He sat on the sofa. " Fine, I will give it to you. " I got him a glass of water and joined him on the sofa, " So... where's my homework? " I asked again after he's finished with the water. He reluctantly took out a few pieces of paper and gave it to me. " Thanks. So... erm, aren't you going home or something? "

    " Don't you need me to teach you how to do the homework? I mean we just learned it today and you weren't there so..." He looked down and fiddled with the cup. "Oh right, I'll go get my books and stationaries then. " His head shot up and his lips slowly curved into a huge smile, " Sure! "

    I quickly got up and went into my room to get the necessary stuffs. He's really very super duper weird today. OMG, I kind of feel awkward with him, well a little, because I am really very super duper not used to him being so different. I wonder why? Maybe an angel fell from the sky and told him how awesome I am and how I definitely deserve a better treatment from him? Erm, seriously? I can't believe that's what I came up with! My ability for logical thinking is failing... Oh well, I will just ask him later.

......................................................

    I leaned back on the sofa and hugged a pillow. " Eh, L.Joe. " I called as he stopped his what seems like a non stop babbling to me. " Actually, I don't understand a single thing you are saying, can you explain it in a simpler way? "

    He thought for a while before he continued. " Ok, let me give you an example, if a man is standing here under this tree... " A man under a tree? Wait, that man I saw in the park just now! " Hey, L.Joe! " I interupted his explainations, " Did you see this weird waving man at the park just now? "

    " No, the weather wasn't that good, I didn't see anybody else there. " He answered with a frown. " Oh... "

    " Why? Did you see anyone there? " He questioned, but before I could even reply him, he continued with a playful smile, " You did, didn't you? What did you see? A 'weird waving man' that nobody else saw? Hmm, I wonder who it is... a... ghost maybe? "

    " G-ghost? How c-can it be? Don't spout nonsense, ok? "

    " I am not. That must be the case if nobody else can see him! You should be more careful in the future! Look out for shadows following you at night... " He said in a whisper.

     I shivered and bit my lip as I recalled the scene just now. It was so creepy! A ghost waving at... ME...

    L.Joe suddenly bust out laughing. "Wahh, you should have seen your expression just now! It was priceless! You got all scared just because a man waved at you! Hahaha! " I turned to him, feeling angry, " What's so funny? " I glared at him and used the pillow to hit him on the arm, hard. Psh, retribution for scaring me like this.

    " Yah yah yah, why do you keep hitting me? Do I look like an easy target for bullies? " L.Joe jokingly said as he grabbed the pillow and pull it away from me. " You are the bully here, ok?! " I grabbed another pillow and started hitting him again.

    " Yah! Stop it! " L.Joe got serious and grabbed my hand to stop the attacks, " I am warning you! "

    " Warning rejected! " I broke free from his grip and continued my revenge. " Why do you like annoying me so much huh?! Don't you know that I'm scared?! Is it so fun to see me scared?! To think that I even thought you're being nice! " I shouted between hits, " I must be stupid to not know that you'll never be nice to me! "

    " But I really want to be nice to you! " L.Joe snatched the pillow from me once again and pin me to the sofa with him on top of me. He stared into my eyes, " But I really don't know why I keep making you angry... "

    I blinked in shock and remained silent for a few seconds, not knowing what to do.

    " I'm sorry. Please don't hate me. " He looked at me with sincere eyes.

    " I-I... I don't hate you. "

    " Really? " His eyes lit up and he gave a big smile, " You don't hate me? "

    Just then, I heard the sound of the door opening and someone walking in. "What are you doing to JungMi?! " Onew oppa's voice echoed through the room. Oh right! We were in an awkward position! L.Joe quickly got off me and helped me up. "Onew oppa, we were- " I started but was cut off by Onew oppa who glared hard at L.Joe and harshly pushed him right out of the door and gave him one last glare before slamming the door in his face.

    " Onew oppa, why did you- " I got cut off again by another slam of the door, but this time it's Onew oppa slamming his room door as he went inside. " Haiz. " I plopped onto the sofa and sighed. What just happened? Is he angry? I... I didn't do anything wrong, right? Haiz.

..........................................

    " Onew oppa. " I called as I softly knocked on his door. I waited to no reply and so I was about to leave when the door opened. " What is it, JungMi? " Onew oppa smiled softly. " Oh and are you still sick? " He asked as he placed a hand on my forehead to feel my temperature. " Oh dear, I don't think you're completely alright yet. Come on, follow me, I bought some medicine for you. " He pulled me to the kitchen and made me sit on a chair as he prepare the medicine.

    " Here. " He passed me the pill and a cup of water with a small smile.

    " Are you angry? " I asked.

    " No, don't worry, I'm not. I'm sorry about just now, I must have scared you. "

    " It's alright, Onew oppa. But... where's TaeMin? He's not home yet? " I took a look at the clock. It's pretty late already and TaeMin never stays out late. " He's spending the night at Key's house. He got caught on his way back home and is probably getting nagged at for leaving you at home alone right now. " Onew oppa let out a small laugh. " It's pretty late already, go to sleep early, eh? I'll walk you to school tomorrow. "

........................................

    I was about to sleep when my phone rang. " Hello? "

    " My books are still at your house. " L.Joe said on the other line.

    " Ahhh, I'll just bring it to school and passed it to you tomorrow then. " I suggested.

    " Huh? No, I'll go back with you after school tomorrow to get it. "

    " Why? Isn't that troublesome? " I frowned at his weird suggestion.

    " It doesn't matter. I'll go back with you tomorrow, ok? That's all, good night! " He said in a rush and hung up. Weird.

 

A/N

Thanks for reading and subscribing and/or commenting!

Yupina | TrinityKira | IAmLeeEunJi | crazy4SHINee | _OnDubu