A Grass Ring

The Shining Knight and The Dark Rider

    L.Joe, ChunJi, IU and I were walking towards the cafeteria. It's break time and TaeMin was having his duties in the classroom, I would love to help him, but... well, after what happened yesterday, I am not very ready to be alone with him again. I haven't sort out my feelings just yet. " Hey. Erm, JungMi, I t-think L.Joe have something to tell you. " ChunJi suddenly broke into my train of thoughts.

    I looked up at him questioningly before turning my attention to L.Joe. He looked at me with wide eyes and then he quickly turned to ChunJi, he gave him a 'what-are-you-doing?' look. I blinked at the two of them as ChunJi and L.Joe exchanged eye contacts and tried to make a conversation without talking. IU tilted her head cutely and asked, " What are you two doing? "

    ChunJi cleared his throat, " A hem, well, L.Joe forgot what he was suppose to tell JungMi, so I was reminding him. Right? " He nudged L.Joe and L.Joe quickly nodded his head, " I remember now. So, I need to bring JungMi with me for a moment, IU, you don't mind right? "

    IU and I exchanged looks before she slowly nodded, " Of course not... "

    L.Joe then pulled me away from them, I looked at him curiously and asked, " What is it that you can't tell me infront of them? " He stopped and scratched his head, " Erm, it's that... C-chunJi he... wants to confess now. So... yeah. "

    I gasped in surprise, " Really? " He nodded and I smiled, " That's a good thing, I think he will succeed. "

    I walked futher down the corridor and motioned him to follow me, " Come on, let's go somewhere else and not disturb their time alone. " I then smiled to myself, I can't wait till IU tells me that they are dating! She will be so happy and excited!

..............................................

    " Ta-dah! This is the place where IU and I hide at. You said you guys searched everywhere in the school, but you didn't search over here. " I smiled. He looked over the place in suprised, " I didn't know this place existed... "

    " That's what IU said too! She said you guys probably don't know such a place existed in our school. "

    " Since we are here, why don't you just tell me what you girls talked about the last time you were here? " He turned to me and asked. I thought for a while, " Well, IU said not to tell... "

    He sighed, " But IU cried that day! We were just worried about her. You shouldn't make us curious if you don't intend to tell in the first place! " He then sat down on the bench, " Haiz, you share secrets with your best friend, and you don't even want to tell your seatmate. "

    " You have yours with ChunJi and why can't I have mine with IU? " I asked and sat down on the place beside him. He then tsked, " I told you a little, so now you should tell me some too! " I sighed and thought for a while, should I tell him? But it's IU's secret! I shouldn't go spreading it around without her consent.

    " Because it's about IU, that's why the more I can't tell anyone about it! How can I go around spreading her secret? "

    " It's just me, how can it be called spreading his secret? " L.Joe nudged me, " Come on, just a little. " He puts his index finger and thumb together, leaving only a small space in between, " Just a little. "

    I bit my lips, considering whether telling him would be the right choice, after much thinking, I finally answered, " IU cried because she's sad. That's the little bit. And now why don't we talk about some other things? "

    L.Joe sighed and I pouted, " It's IU's secret! Go ask her if you want to know! She will tell if she don't mind you knowing... Futher more, after she accepts ChunJi, I think she would trust him enough with it, you just go ask him then. " I tried to convince him. He thought for a while, " Fine. "

    " Anyway, you haven't tell me how ChunJi is going to confess. Mind telling now? " I asked him curiously as I tilted my head a little bit to look at him. " Well, I planned it with him, so it is going to be sooo romantic. " He smirked and answered proudly. I rolled my eyes and asked, " Stop self-praising and how exactly is he going to confess? Quick! Tell me! I'm sooo curious! "

    L.Joe cleared his throat and smiled, " Well, he will bring IU to the music room and sings for her. "

    " Aww~ IU must be melting now. " I smiled to myself, imagining a guy singing to me. I am so going to die of hapiness especially if that guy is my crush! I bit my lips to prevent myself from smiling too much before turning to L.Joe, " What song is he singing then? "

    He leaned backwards on the bench and replied, " It's 'The Back of my Hand Brushes Against Yours'. By TeenTop. "

    " ChunJi's just so sweet! " I awed and cupped my face with my hands. Just the thought of it can make my blush, I wonder how the confessing have been going, IU must be blushing and smiling like mad. I didn't know that ChunJi is such a sweet and romantic guy. " Aish, I was the one who thought of that, not him. " L.Joe complained as he gave my head a little smack.

    I turned to him and rubbed my head, " Psh, he's the one singing, not you. " I then sighed dreamily, " I wonder if anybody will ever do such romantic things to me... " I placed my head on my palm and my elbows on my knees. I then smiled to myself, letting my imagination run wild again. 

    L.Joe suddenly stood up after a while of silence and walked away, towards a big tree. I looked up at him and asked curiously, " Where are you going? "

    He ignored my question and squated down infront of the tree. I bit my lips and sighed. Forget it. Probably day dreaming is better than wondering what that L.Joe is trying to do squating down there infront of that big tree. Trying to get some shade?

    There was silence for a minute or so, so I decided to close my eyes and take a little rest. The birds chirping and the wind blowing, the rustling of the tree leaves and the crickets too. I haven't been listening to the nature sounds for a long time now. I smiled to myself. I should visit the park again soon. I miss that place.

    Maybe I can go there next time with Key oppa, when he visits us from overseas. He said he will try to come during our graduation day. Just as I was deep in my thoughts, I heard someone walking over. The rustling of the grass made it obvious that someone or somethng was coming nearer.

    I opened my eyes and looked up to find L.Joe right infront of me. I tilted my head and asked, " What were you doing just now? "

    " I was... " He started, holding up a little green ring, " making this. " My eyes widened and I stared at the grass ring. " For you. " He added. I looked up at him and he smiled, " Is this romantic enough? "

    I blinked as my heart raced. Not knowing what to say, my lips curled into a smile and shades of red covered my cheeks. He bent down and took my hand, slowly he slipped the ring onto my finger. Holding onto my hand tightly, he smiled. " I like you. "