Class Duties

The Shining Knight and The Dark Rider

    " Why is our graduation day during the holidays? "

    " I don't want to come back to school during the holidays, Mr. Park! "

    " It's not fair! We should have it before school ends! "

    Complains filled the class after Mr.Park told us that our graduation party will be during the holidays, and not on the last day of school. Mr. Park raised his hands to silence the class before speaking, " Well, if any of you are not happy with the arrangement, you can go look for the principal, I can help you book the time if you want. So, any volunteers? "

    The class immediately quieten down. No one dare to make a sound at the mention of the principal. " Ok then, that's all for today, see you tomorrow. " The teacher exited the classroom and the students started to their friends again. The bell rang, indicating that's it's break time and IU turned around to face me, " I've got to look for Mr. Park, I'm  sorry I can't accompany you while you do your class duties. "

    I smiled, " It's ok, it's my class duties anyway, you have yours too, it's only fair that I do mine myself. " I assured her. She gave me a uncertain look and TaeMin suddenly cut in our conversation, " I'll do it with her, you don't have to worry. "

    " TaeMin ah, you don't have to. You will have yours on the last day of school. "

    He shook his head and smiled, " It's ok, I want to help. "

    IU sighed and smiled, " So, I will go look for Mr. Park now, I'm still sorry, JungMi. " She left the classroom quickly and L.Joe turned to me, " ChunJi and I are going to discuss about the confession, see you guys later! "

     I smiled, " Ok! Make it as sweet and cute as possible! "

.........................................................

    TaeMin came down from the chair after he was finished with the wiping the window frames and I arranged the last pair of the tables and chairs back into their original position carefully. " Ahh. Finally done. Now I am only left with arranging the books on the shelf. " I mumbled to myself and smiled. I walked over to the shelf and started arranging the books while TaeMin went over to the whiteboard, " JungMi ah, let me test how good your algebra is. "

    I stopped what I am doing and smiled, " Sure, just make sure you clean the board again later, I just cleaned it. " I pouted, just the thought of needing to clean the enormous whiteboard again make me shiver.

    He nodded his head and smiled, " I will, don't worry, I am here to help, not to add to your work, remember? " He turned back to the whiteboard and continued writing: 9x - 7i > 3(3x - 7u). I walked over and stared at the black markings on the board. " Find i. " TaeMin told me, I nodded and smiled confidently, " Easy. "

9x - 7i > 3(3x - 7u)

9x - 7i > 9x - 21u

-7i > -21u

-i > 3u

i < 3u

    " There! i is less than 3u. See? I am not stupid, remember to tell that to  L.Joe! He's always calling me stupid. " I beamed happily. But TaeMin shook his head, I frowned and looked at him in confusion, " The answer is wrong. "

    I tilted my head and looked at the question again, I checked my steps from the start to the end, hmm, no miscalculations, weird, what's wrong? The answer should be correct. I scratched my head, bit my lips and checked again. " It's correct, isn't it? Where's the problem? The answer should be i less than 3u. "

    " There's no problem with the answer, but the way you read it. " TaeMin explained.

    I looked at my writings again, the way I read it? i less than 3u... i < 3u... i <3 u? My heart skipped a beat and I widened my eyes, I gasped. Is it what I think it is, or am I thinking too much? I gulped, " TaeMin ah... " My heart raced and I can't believe my eyes. I am speechless... I blinked, staring at the answer on the board.

    " Did you see it? " TaeMin asked, I looked up at him and opened my mouth, however, nothing came out, I didn't know what to say. Looking at his pair hopeful eyes, I softened. I had never thought that something like this would happened.

    " JungMi, you stayed by my side when I needed comfort the most, and now, when you need someone to be by your side, I wish that person is me. " My heart beat faster and faster, I looked down on the floor and I can feel my cheeks heating up. A smile slowly crept onto my face and I bit my lips, TaeMin is so sweet! Just like that time when he said he will fly back if I called him.

   Just then, IU suddenly burst into the classroom, " JungMi! I came to help you with the chores! "