TaeMin's Secret

The Shining Knight and The Dark Rider

    It's the last period of school and we were having a team work. After a few minutes of discussion, we've already finished the math question that our teacher gave us to solve. We looked at the paper now full of workings, and then at the answer, wow, that was easy. I thought the teacher said that it would be difficult? " I can't believe we finished this so fast! " I exclaimed while looking around the class. " We are actually the first to finish this! "

    " And look at TaeMin! He looks so stressed out over the question! " IU pointed out. All of us turned to look at him and he really did looked like he was struggling. " Are you sure it's because of the question? " L.Joe suddenly asked, still looking at TaeMin. All of us turned to him, feeling confused. " What do you mean? " IU asked .

    " Didn't you guys noticed? TaeMin's a bit weird these days. " L.Joe explained. " I know. He always have something secret to do after school... And he doesn't hang out with us anymore. " IU said sadly.

    " Now that we are talking about this, he had been going out a lot recently, especially after a phone call. And he would hide somewhere to answer the call. " I told them what I knew. Oh, and they knew about me staying with TaeMin already, but only the three of them, no one else. " That sounds so suspicious! " IU commented. " There's definately something going on with him. " L.Joe said.

    Just then, ChunJi clears his throat to attract our attention. " Actually, I know something. " He said with a serious expression on. He scaned all our curious faces before leaning in closer and motioned for us to lean in too. All of us did as asked to and ChunJi then continued in a whisper. " I think TaeMin have a girlfriend. " He said quickly before leaning backwards to sit on his chair properly. All of us exchanged a confused look before turning to ChunJi, " Really? How did you know that? " IU asked after a while of silence.

    " He told me that there's a girl he likes. " ChunJi answered, then turned to look at TaeMin to make sure that he can't hear what we were saying, before turning back to us. " And don't tell him I'm the one you told you guys! " Wow, so TaeMin really have a girlfriend? And he didn't tell us? Why? Why must he be so secretive about this? " I'm curious who TaeMin likes... " I told them.

    " It wouldn't be you. " L.Joe mumbled.

    " I can hear that! " I glared at him.

    " It's meant for you to hear it. " He answered with a straight face.

    " Yah! What's so bad about me?! " I asked angrily.

    " And what's so great about you?! "

    " Haha! It seems like you two had gotten closer! " ChunJi teased and IU continued " with a fight! "

    " Yah! " Both L.Joe and me shouted back at them . " Ok, ok, we'll stop it and you two better stop shouting too, it's going to attract the teacher here. " IU warned.

    " Hey, I suddenly thought of something fun to do after school today. " ChunJi said excitedly, " Why don't we follow TaeMin? We'll find out who he likes! " ChunJi suggested. " Cool! I'm in! You are joining us too right? " IU asked me excitedly and hopefully. I hesitated at first but as I looked at all their eager faces, I gave in. " Of course! This is going to be interesting! "

    " Yay! " IU cheered.

......................................................

    " Riiinggg!!! " The school bell rang indicating school's over. TaeMin quickly packed up his things and then turned to us, " Erm... I have to go now, bye! " He rushed out of the classroom and out of our sight. We quickly packed our stuffs and followed TaeMin out of the classroom. He walked briskly out of the school's gate and around the corner towards the park. " Where is he going? " IU asked curiously, " The park? "

    " Maybe, maybe not, we just have to continue following him to find out. " ChunJi said. L.Joe then asked as we tiptoed to hide behind the next tree, " What is there to do at a park anyway? "

    " Looking at the flowers? " I suggested. ChunJi and L.Joe stared at me weirdly and ChunJi asked, " Isn't that a bit too boring? " I bit my lips in embarrassment while IU tried to help me out, " The flowers are beautiful, aren't they? It's just that you guys don't know how to appreciate them. " She glared at them before continuing, " Hey! TaeMin's leaving! Let's go! " She then pulled me away from the tree to the next tree in line and the boys just followed closely behind us.

     TaeMin stopped by a nearby road beside the park and approached a... woman? She looked really pretty with her long wavy hair and light make-up. And she was leaning on a expensive looking car, so I guessed she's pretty rich too. But... she looked a bit too old for TaeMin's age though... TaeMin smiled widely and greeted her politely. The woman then put an arm around TaeMin to pull him closer and whispered something into his ear.

     TaeMin looked a little nervous at her sudden action, but the woman seemed like she was enjoying it. " I can't hear them! " ChunJi complained.

     " Yah, we should go now, since we have already seen the girl. " IU whispered, making sure that they can't hear us, " Listening to their conversation might be a bit too much. "

     " Let's just stay for a little while more. " ChunJi argued as he tried to get nearer to TaeMin and the woman. " What? " He asked as he looked back at me when I pulled his arm, stopping him from going forward. " Let's go back, please? We might get into trouble. " I begged, still holding on to his arm. He just stared at me for a while, without answering, probably hesitating.

     Just then, someone pulled my hand away from ChunJi's. I turned and saw L.Joe holding on to my arm. He let go of my arm when he saw me staring and diverted his attention towards ChunJi. " We've already seen the girl, so let's just go, now. " L.Joe commanded as he started pulling ChunJi away from TaeMin and the rest of us just quickly followed behind them.

...........................................................

     " That girl... isn't a girl anymore. " IU said, don't know to feel worried or not. " She's confirm a noona. " L.Joe said in monotone.

    " Mmm, a ten years older noona, she looked so mature. " ChunJi added and the rest of us nodded. I bit my lips, feeling the seriousness in their voice. " So, what are we going to do now? " I asked, " Should we like tell TaeMin we knew? Or just pretend we don't know anything? "

    Suddenly, everyone fell into silence upon hearing my question. After a few moments of thorough thinking, ChunJi finally broke the silence, " I think we should... just pretend that nothing happen. "

    " Why? That woman is rich and pretty. I think she already has her own career and life, I don't understand she would want be with a young boy like TaeMin. What if she's... just playing around with TaeMin's feelings? " IU asked a question that all of us had been thinking about, but doesn't have courage to voiced it out. For the answer, ChunJi looked into all ours eyes with the most serious expression that I've ever seen him put on, " If TaeMin likes her, he probably wouldn't listen to us anyway... and this might just ruin our friendship. So, let's just keep quiet, ok? " ChunJi reasoned.

    After a few seconds for us to process what he said, we all nodded and agreed. " So... " IU started.

    " So we will go home now. " ChunJi said in a commanding tone.

    " Ok, then the three of us will go this way to the bus stop. " IU informed me. " Mmm, and I'll go that way. " I said as I pointed to the other direction. " Be careful. " IU smiled a little, trying to break the seriousness from just now, but failed because ChunJi brought us back to the topic, " And remember not to mention what happened just now when you see TaeMin later. "

    " Mmm, I will. " I nodded with a small smile. The three of them then started walking away to the bus stop while I walked into the park, it's a shorter way, I'll get home faster this way. Walking along in the peaceful park, looking at the beautiful flowers along the way, makes me feel relaxed. It's so weird to see all of them so serious just now, I'm not used to it... Seeing them like that makes me worried, what if TaeMin really is going to get hurt? What if the women really isn't true to TaeMin? Haiz, I guess I shouldn't be thinking about this now, this is giving me a headache.

    I sat down on the bench and relaxed for a while. I took in a deep breath and stretched a bit while still sitting on the bench. Sitting on this bench in this park just reminds me of the mysterious rider. Haiz, I wonder when is the next time I will meet the mysterious rider, I really hope that I could see him again, soon... Suddenly, a voice broke into my thoughts, " Hey, what are you doing here? You ok? " I looked up and saw... the mysterious rider?

    I smiled a wide smile and jumped up from the bench, " I'm just strolling around the park, you? "

    " Just happened to pass by. " He answered. I nodded and after a while of silence, I asked warily, " Wait, how do I know that you are the same person? For all that I might know, you might just be a random stranger that wears a helmet around and pretend to know girls on the street! "

    " Whoa... What are you saying? " He asked as he let out a small nervous laugh while he put up his two hands infront of him defensively. " Firstly, I am NOT a random stranger, I am... me, ya me. How do I even descibe myself? " He mumbled the last part to himself before he continued, " Secondly, I don't usually wear a helmet around, except when I'm in your sight. And lastly, I DO NOT pretend to know girls on the street. I am NOT that kind of person. And we are not on the street, we are in a park! "

    I was taken a back by his super long reply that I could only blink at him with my mouth opened. " That was quite a long reply. " I said, still quite shocked. " Hehe! Ya, I know, I'm actually quite eloquent sometimes. " He said proudly. I could somehow feel his super big grin under the helmet. Ahh, so this was what he meant by praising himself too much?

    Hmm, now that he's here, shouldn't I take this chance to get my answer to what I've been so curious about? " Erm, so can you take off your helmet now? I really want to know how you look like. "

 

 =================================

YAY! We have one more subscriber!!!! --iluvreading-- , thanks so much for reading and subscribing! Because of you, we are so happy! :) hope you continue supporting us till the end! And comments lots! :) We will be super grateful!!!