To Decipher the Puzzle...

Lion & the Lamb

Narrative P.O.V

-A few days after the incident (The incident that was 6 months ago)-

“How are you doing with the investigation?” Chief, Ji Hyun, asked rookie, Choi Jonghoon, who was standing idly in front of him. Chief Ji Hyun stared at Choi as he answered his question, “he has been suspended as for now,” he stated. “I am still trying to figure it out, but give me time, -since I am new at this,” he apologized as Chief Ji Hyun dismissed Choi.

Rookie, Choi Jonghoon was an undercover investigator for the police department, and despite the fact that he was young; he was actually very wise and useful. His age fit perfectly as a young teacher, which he was disguised as during day time.

 

Few Months later from the incident~

Choi walked into the cabinet office where all the files were located. He opened one of the unlocked cabinets as he pulled out a file which was dated back from the incident 2 months ago, while one of his co-worker came by, “did you find a conclusion yet?” she sighed. “No, I haven’t Su yoon,” Choi replied nonchalantly.

“Can you find me the video of all the suspects from Whimoon Highschool?” he requested to Su Yoon, as she quickly went to the video room without hesitation. “Here it is,” Choi picked up the Whimoon Highschool file and walked to the video room. He entered into the dim room as he and Su Yoon sat themselves at a desk facing the TV screen.

“This investigation is stressful,” Su Yoon stated. “Well we are rookies, and trust me, the headquarters have much more severe cases to handle. This case is particularly for minors like us, so they wouldn’t expect us to figure it out too fast. We have to be precise and not try to conclude things right away, so make sure you keep your eye on details and don’t rush things,” Choi said as he organized the files onto his desk whilst he looked at the notes he wrote on his notebook, and pointed his finger onto one of the profiles, “this boy here, named Yong Hongki, or as he likes to keep his maiden name, ‘Lee Hongki,’ anyways so I researched his background and figured out that his father is a criminal,” he paused, “Yong Ju. That’s the name of his father,” he cleared his throat. "Yeah, I know," Su Yoon replied as she got up from her desk and put one of tapes into the DVD slot of the TV.

“Hongki tell us what happened,” Choi heard his own voice through the television monitor as he focused strongly onto Hongki, from the screen. “I don’t remember what happened,” his voice was stiff. “Why is it that all your fingerprints were found in the scene?” Choi snapped.

“I’m not so sure myself,” Hongki rolled his eyes. “If you are innocent then let’s just say you “miraculously appeared” at the wrong time, and during that time what did you see?” Choi leaned closer to Hongki who was sitting in front of him, as he gave him a cold stare. “Thing’s I shouldn’t have seen?” He retorted. “Fine, if you’re going to make it difficult then I suppose I should move onto my next question,” he flipped his notepad to the next page, “Looking at your background history, you were bullied a lot at school, am I right?” Choi asked half-heartedly. Hongki’s eyes started to tear up but he remained emotionless, “yeah,” he answered honestly as Choi quickly jotted down notes onto his notepad.

Choi flipped through his notes again and gawked at Hongki, changing the topic once more, “Tell me… Why were you there that night?” Choi raised his brow. “I left something at school,” he lied. “What did you leave?” Choi asked curiously. “My homework,” he replied without hesitation. “At midnight you decide to go back and get your homework? That’s suspicious,” Choi eyed him doubtfully, whilst Hongki responded with a shrug.

“Do you have any idea who you saw during the incident?” Choi moved onto his next question. “I don’t remember; everything was dark and blurry…” He said anxiously.

Su Yoon paused the tape….

“We watched this conference many times,” Su Yoon seemed frustrated now. Choi opened his laptop and clicked onto a video file on his desktop, ‘Whimoon Highschool,’ where the incident took place.

The screen played the video showing captions and clips of the Highschool. Outside the building was a monument of Jang Hae Yun, who was the Head of the school, “take note of this statue,” he pointed at the screen. “He was an inspirational principle who had a great impact in the turn of the century, and because of him the school gained a great reputation for being the best Highschool in Seoul,” Choi read off a short sentence from the article to her.

“It’s disappointing to see the monument ruined like that,” he opened another picture of the monument but this time it was from the incident. The Jang Hae Yun monument was missing it’s head and was tarnished from a fire. "And what's worse is that the whole school had to shut down for 1 month because of all the damage and robbery... It was an unpleasant disaster to look at, all the walls were filled with graffiti, papers scattered everywhere, a flood overflowed the bottom floor and everyone's belongings were either stolen or ruined...." Choi sighed. “There must be a reason why someone would have done that,” Su Yoon focused her gaze onto the picture.

He contemplated again, “Hongki’s father is a criminal, and because of that he’s been constantly shunned by society,” Choi read off his notepad. “He lives with an abusive mother, ‘quoted from Gyuri,’” Choi cleared his throat. “One of the classmates, Jessica, stated that Gyuri was Hongki’s girlfriend, but she admitted that she actually didn’t intentionally want to become his girlfriend. She only dated him because she pitied him, and in the end she was actually cheating on him…” Su Yoon remembered.

“Gyuri… The popular student?” Choi his chin. “Everyone adores her, that could have caused a lot of controversy amongst the male students,” he furrowed his eyebrows. “Let’s get this straight… His father is a criminal, which could have influenced the young teenager into making bad decisions… Maybe Hongki is the main culprit behind this?” Choi supposed.

“The female students admitted that Hongki is timid and weak which made him an easy target to get bullied by his classmates… Plus he never fought back,” Su Yoon went against his statement. “That is true. Maybe it was because of his abusive mother, who made him fragile?” Choi was unsure. “I feel really bad for him,” Su Yoon pouted, “he was abandoned by his father, abused by his mother, bullied by everyone and cheated on by his own lover,” she bit the bottom of her lip. “Do you suppose...” Choi paused and his chin, “that he trashed his school as revenge?” Choi assumed whilst he smirked cunningly, and a light bulb lit up in his mind, as if he had reached the brink of his conclusion…

This part will be continued....