The Satirical Lies

Lion & the Lamb

(sorry if the gif's don't match.. just imagine him with eyeliner and gothic style stuff :P)

Find Clue #2  (Another Freebie)-Lol still making the clues obvious :3 Do it after reading the chapter tho :P

Hello my dearest readers~ 

I want to thank you, "whitesilent" and "Somethingweird" for finding the clues :3 Continue your search for more<3! :D

Check out Whitesilent's story: "click here to read -You're my Light"

Ji Eun P.O.V

I woke up at 7:00 am and got myself prepared for school; I brushed my teeth, washed my face and got into my school uniform. I ate the breakfast my sister prepared for me before she went to work. Before I was about to leave for school I walked into the guest room where Hongki was still deep asleep. I walked closer to the bed and watched his peaceful face, while his eyes twitched. I looked at him confusingly as he whimpered a bit in his sleep, “is he having a nightmare?” I thought in my head.

 

“Umma…” he cried softly. I brushed my fingers on his face, wiping his sweat, “it’s okay Hongki…” I whispered softly to him. I looked at my watch on my wrist and realized I had 15 minutes to catch my bus so I walked quietly out of his room, making sure I didn’t wake up the sleeping “angel.” I stormed out of the house and made my way to the bus stop just in time. I pouted as I sat myself on the empty seat, “I wish I can spend more time with Hongki, oppa…” I thought to myself, and drifted off day dreaming of Hongki going to school with me. I smiled, “I hope he will still be home after school!” ^^

Hongki P.O.V

I woke up after I heard a door slam and I looked at the drawer next to me with a folded paper that read, “Hongkioppa –ssi, good morning~ Unnie made a lot of food for you to eat ^^ hope you have a nice day at work, I will miss u ;( … I hope you will stay for dinner ^^ um.. if anything happens call Unnie or me, xxx-xxx-xxxx (pretend they’re numbers), hope to see you soon. Sincerely, Ji Eun~”

I rubbed my tired eyes and asked myself, “How on earth did I get myself here?” I yawned and thought about it again, “it’s as if I slept in a body of a normal teenager and woke up in a nightmare… I don’t even know myself anymore…” I sighed, “Aish. Why am I even thinking about this again… I thought I have already looked past it…” I locked my face in my hands as painful memories overthrown me back into the blurry past. I tried hard to forget the past, though it wasn’t that long ago, so the reminiscences are still clear, yet hazy. I sealed it deep down inside of me for a short while now, vexing my toughest not to open up those spiteful thoughts, but every time I was alone, it would always re-run in my head… I was in denial, telling myself the mistake I made is no big deal… The more I reflected upon this denial, the more it deceived me into believing that my reality was actually a satirical lie I created upon myself. Now when I look back in the past I can’t distinguish whether or not if it was actually me who had caused that incident.

“Whatever… Not like it’s irreversible.” I told myself whilst I slumped out of my bed and went to the washroom. I didn’t bother changing out of my clothes since my shift wasn’t till midnight. I got downstairs after I brushed my teeth and the first thing I did was eat everything on the table… My stomach was pleased once again, and so were my taste buds. “Guess I don’t need a smoke this morning,” I sighed with a relief. -Though I actually didn’t like the taste of cigarettes as much compared to other smokers I still found myself in need of it, when I was hungry.

I looked at the clock that hung on the wall, it read, “8:45 am.” There’s nothing to do…”Should I clean up the dishes?” I asked myself, and contemplated for a minute, then decided, might as well… After 10 minutes of washing the dishes, there was really nothing else for me to do… Sigh…

 

Me being the “curious” Hongki, I decided to look around the house, since no one was home anyways. I went up the stairs and went down the hallway; entering the room on my right. The door was wide opened and the colors of the room/furniture were mainly white with a shade of neutral colors; it looked sophisticated yet obvious that it was a girl’s room. “Pabo, who leaves their door open when a stranger is in the home?” I turned around and hesitated. Though I was reluctant at first I somehow found myself entering her room…

I looked up at the ceiling and seated myself on her bed. I bounced a little on the soft cushion and enjoyed the soft texture of the blankets.

Narrative P.O.V

“Why is it that these familiar sensitive feelings keep on flaring up inside my chest all of a sudden?” Hongki thought in his head while the truth ached more in his heart. He tossed and the bed, trying to escape the painful words from the past.

“Don’t expect me to come back,” he heard his father in the room next to Hongki’s.

 “Waeyo?” he heard his mother pleading as her distant weeps became more distinctive and louder.

 

*-Thump!* The noise echoed through the dim hallways making Hongki storm out of his room to only find his mother beaten brutally by his father. Blood dripped down from her forehead while she held his husbands leg firmly, begging for forgiveness. “Umma!” Hongki cried aloud and rushed over to protect her from his father’s punch.  

He felt his father’s fist hurtling hard into Hongki’s skull, as the hard knuckles dug deep down into his thin skin. In a matter of seconds his vision became blury…

The agonizing punch in the past startled Hongki which caused him to wake up suddenly from his flashback. His eyes started watering as the discomfort came crashing down onto his chest again, and the pain was more excruciating this time, making each grasp of air a struggle; whilst the young boy held himself crying pitifully.

Alone he lay there, sobbing till there were no more tears for the eyes to produce. He gulped for air but every swallow was too painful for him to endure. He shifted his head to the side of the pillow and felt something hard underneath. He dug his hand below the pillow and grabbed out a book. He wiped his tears and sat himself up, flipping through the book and scanning it, trying to distract himself from the recent relapse.

He read the first words that appeared on the cover of the book, “Ji Eun’s Diary.”

“Ji Eun’s Diary, eh?” he said apathetically. Even though he wasn’t the type to read about other people’s personal lives, he was too desperate to find something to sidetrack himself from the agony his heart couldn’t withstand, so he started reading the text to himself.

(you can ignore the italic part, [it’s from chapter 1])

“ I knew I was dying in the inside, but I still tried to put a smile on my face despite the pain overwhelming my body. I was born with a severe Autoimmune disease where my body will attack its own cells. "She wont last up to age 10," the doctors said. During that time I wished I had shut my ears and blocked out the hurtful words that broke every piece of hope in my heart. My mom died giving birth to me, and my dad died 3 years later in a car accident. My sister, Soyeon, threw away her dreams and teenage years to take care of me, I guess you could say she was my hero.
   I was strapped in a hospital for about 5 years when I was a kid, my wish was to be in school to learn and socialize. Soyeon wanted me to be happy for as long as I can, so she signed me up for school. I was really excited to make friends and to enjoy the little things that people took advantage of.
     During my first week, it wasn't what I really hoped for, everyone was afraid of me, thinking I was some sort of alien or whatever immature thoughts that kids can think of. Soyeon hated to see me sad, and life was too short for me to be upset. Although I wasn't the happy one, I wanted to make others happy; when I see them smile it makes me smile as well. However I can't help but envy their ability to smile without the thought of knowing you were about to die soon. Kids my age shouldn't worry about things like this. And childhood is a time that everyone should enjoy and cherish. That is why even If I can't have that, it would be nice to know that other people can enjoy their youth.”

 

Hongki couldn’t believe what he was reading. It made him apprehend why she had no friends… Why she was so gullible and innocent… Why she seemed so childish and caring…

She lived her whole life with no parents; whereas Hongki wished he had no parents…

Realizing that even though she was young she was able to fight for her life; and whenever she fell, she was able to pick herself back up.

And during the tough times she’s been through, she would still prefer to offer others happiness, rather than for herself…

He would have never thought that he would meet any human being in this world who was this considerate…

‘Till that day he had met Ji Eun.~

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope You liked this chap! Dont forget to try out the clue #2 and comment! :D