You've Betrayed Me...

Lion & the Lamb

Narrative P.O.V

It’s day three, and Hongki hasn’t contacted Ji Eun since; he was nowhere to be found. Dark circles formed under Ji Eun’s eye sockets due to the lack of sleep. She became insomniac because of all the worries and stress over Hongki. Why hasn’t oppa returned any of my calls? Why isn’t he home? Where did he go?  The same questions repeated through her mind. She would constantly talk to herself, playing out scenarios of what Hongki would say, “oppa, when are you coming home?” she would say. “I’ll be home soon,” she would answer. “I called you, why didn’t you pick up?” she would ask. “I’m sorry, I was working.” She answered. “I really miss you.” She said desperately. “I miss you too,” she hoped.

Soyeon was concerned, as she watched Ji Eun growing more delirious by the second. “Ji Eun-ah, you have to rest, your eyes are swollen,” Soyeon tried to get her up onto her bed but Ji Eun resisted her force and continued rocking herself back and forth while staring at the big teddy bear in front of her.

“Unnie, when is Hongki coming home?” Ji Eun looked up at Soyeon with a glimpse of hope.
Soyeon sighed; “soon,” she lied.
Ji Eun smiled grimly, and looked up at Soyeon with her bloodshot eyes, “I miss him.”
Soyeon crouched down to her level and patted her shoulder, “I know Ji Eun, but you should really loosen up, and get your mind off of this for now. Hongki is probably really busy. I’m really worried about you Ji Eun, you’ve gotten too skinny, and pale. Let’s go out to eat, I’ll take this day off for you.”
Ji Eun shook her head, “it’s okay, oppa will come back to bring me out for lunch.”

“If you get hungry there’s food in the kitchen, I’ll be leaving then, okay?” Soyeon said as she left the house.

“I’ll eat when Hongki comes back,” Ji Eun ordered herself.

 

~~~

It’s been 3 weeks and all Ji Eun has been doing was waiting patiently next to her phone, hoping Hongki will return her messages and calls. Every night she slept on the left side of his bed, and patted the other side Hongki usually slept on, “oppa, where are you?” she asked the same thing each night before crying herself to sleep.

 

~~~ 1 week later

Soyeon walked into the kitchen early in the morning like she usually did, but this time she found Ji Eun lying down on the ground with a knife in her palms and fresh blood exuding from the cut on her wrist. “JI EUN-AH!” Soyeon screamed and ran to her side, “Ji Eun!!” she shook her, trying to wake her up. She immediately got her phone and called the ambulance.

 

~~~ 1 day later

Ji Eun opened her eyes and found herself staring at a blurred figure, “Hongki?”
“No, it’s Soyeon, you’re unnie…” Soyeon held her hand, “are you okay?”
“What’s going on? Where am I?” Ji Eun regained her sight.
“You’re at the hospital, Ji Eun. You lost too much blood and haven’t been eating well, the doctor says you need to take care of yourself.”
“I should go back home, what if Hongki comes back home?” Ji Eun tried getting out of the bed but the needle in her arm started to hurt.
“Ji Eun-ah! You’re too focused on Hongki!! You need to stop this right now! I don’t think he is going to return!” Soyeon yelled at Ji Eun; she was too fed up with Ji Eun.
Ji Eun cried, “you’re right… He’s never returning! How can I be so foolish? I’m blinded by all these hopeless thoughts.” She pulled the needle out of her arm and got up from the bed.
“Where do you think you are going, Ji Eun?” Soyeon grabbed her arm.
“I need some fresh air,” Ji Eun sobbed. Soyeon guided her outside to discharge Ji Eun out of the hospital.

Once they got home, Ji Eun grabbed a box and placed it on the ground in Hongki’s room. “Son of a ,” she murmured while tears flowed down her eyes. She stomped the ground with her right foot and yelled at the top of her lungs, “ING BASTARD!” While she ripped the head of the teddy bear and threw it in the box. She took her diary and ripped the pages, placing it into the box. “I am tired of waiting for you…” she sat down, leaned against the edge of his bed and hugged her knees to her chest. “You were my first love… And you betrayed me. I hate you so much.” She yanked the pillow off the bed and threw it to the ground, venting out her frustration. She took the carnival tickets out of her wallet, pictures she taken with him, the gifts he gave her and threw it into the box with the rest of the series. She took the box in her arms and chucked it out of her house.

~~~ 1 week later

Ji Eun looked at her pale face through the mirror. “tch,” she chuckled to herself. “The girl who used to glow with her bright smile.” She laughed at the irony, and drew her eyes with her dark eyeliner, let down her jet-black hair and changed her clothes to her new black outfit.

The girl who used to glow with her bright smile? She’s gone. She’s buried deep down within herself, and now she’s overshadowed by the demon within her.

To Be Continued!

 

Sequel Preview:

At about evening, when waves of light are being sent across the sky…

The way you burst into tears, that image of you comes across my mind…

Have you been well? Are you happy?

The longing I’ve suppressed falls through my tears…

Is it still there, the road leading to me?

Because It’s about time you came…

Don’t be too late…

The time to love is dwindling away…

Could it be that you’re forgetting me?

That can’t be, you said you loved me…

When you become less busy, will you come?

Don’t worry, even if you’re a bit late, I’ll be waiting for you.

 

 

Question/Mind Teaser: Who do you think is the Lion and Lamb in this story? Leave your comments below~


Link to the sequel :) PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO IT<3 This time I would do my very best updating it more often<3 LOVE YOU GUYS!!