Letting Go..

Lion & the Lamb

Sorry I've been really busy lately!! I know this chapter is short, but I'm really busy and i dont want to keep on leaving you readers hanging for too long, so enjoy anyways~ I will be back soon, please be patient!!

 

Narrative P.O.V

It was a cold midnight, and Hongki was lying on his bed, completely restless, while Ji Eun cuddled up next to him, peacefully asleep. Hongki sighed, and found himself staring blankly at Ji Eun, his heart ached the longer he stared at her, and he knew there was nothing to ease the pain.

Hongki’s flashback of his last call with his mother played in his mind, “I know what you’ve been up to, don’t think I’ll let this slide so easily. I’ve heard from Hyuna, you’re with a girl name Ji Eun? Hongki, you know you don’t deserve her, she’s better off without you. All you’re doing is wasting her time. Once I find you, it’ll be over, I could make her life a living hell, and surely you don’t want that, do you? Pack your belongings and make sure you’re prepared for my visit.” Hongki couldn’t handle his frustration no more.  What she said was true; I don’t deserve Ji Eun…  Hongki sighed, as he carefully unwrapped his arms from Ji Eun and got out of bed, as he tiptoed out the room, trying his best to not make a sound. He sighed with a relief as he closed the bedroom door behind him, successfully exiting the room without waking her up.

“Oh, Hongki, what are you doing up so late?” Soyeon walked up the stairs and found Hongki standing there completely dumbstruck.

“I couldn’t sleep,” Hongki yawned. “How about you? Why are you up so late?”
“I just got back home from work,” Soyeon replied groggily.
“Really? Because, from what I remember, your manager called and asked how Ji Eun was doing with her illness, and was wondering when you could come back for work…” Hongki raised his brow, making Soyeon feel uneasy.
Soyeon scratched her head and sighed.
“You don’t have to tell me, I know it’s not any of my business, but I’m sure that Ji Eun won’t be so thrilled either after she finds out that you’ve lying to her all along. You know everyday she comes home, in hopes of seeing her big sister, but instead she comes back to an empty home, with no one there, and it just doesn’t feel like home anymore?... You’re like a mother to her, and that comes with a big responsibility, how can you do that to her?” Hongki genuinely was saddened by the thought of betrayal and remembering his past childhood, when his father walked out on him.

“Look, I’m honestly not trying to bring pain to Ji Eun, but it’s just that…” Soyeon cried. “The job I’ve been working didn’t pay me enough, s-so I had to be a hostess. A-and I had no other choice, but … N-no other place was hiring me, and I don’t have-“ Soyeon stuttered.

Hongki looked at her distressed face, “it’s okay, I understand,” Hongki answered nonchalantly. There was too much stress on his shoulders for him to offer help for Soyeon. “I’m going to take a walk.” Hongki walked down the stairs and exited the house.

He walked down the quiet neighborhood, as he blew hot hair, in the wintry breeze, as he watched the small puff of cloud fade away. The beautiful stars shone bright, catching his attention, as he remembered the countless nights he spent with Ji Eun on the roof talking for countless hours, and realizing how much he has fallen for her. Hongki searched through the sky with his eyes for the big bright star, and whispered under his breath, “hongstar,” he chuckled while a tear rolled down his cheek. “If only there was a way for me to reach,” he stretched his hand up to the sky, “so close, yet so far.” It feels as if I’ve been lost all along, searching and reaching for that one and only hope. And when I’ve finally got the hold of it, it just slips right through my grasp, slowly furthering away from me. How could I have been so careless? … To something that’s so important to me? Ji Eun, the one who’s been so close to me, there for me, and had faith in me… I’m sorry; I’ve let go of my grasp, for now you are out of my reach.