's Going Down

Lion & the Lamb

Narrative P.O.V

It was past midnight, and Ji Eun was still up, tossing and turning in her bed, after waking up from a horrid dream. The noises of the soft crickets creeping out her window, and the wind whistling against the window kept her up.  Awake and frightened, Ji Eun stayed calm as best as she could under her bed sheets. The quieter it got, the more she got paranoid. She gripped onto her Hongki bear’s waist and sung a lullaby to herself, but suddenly she heard a loud stump in her closet.
“Ahh!” Ji Eun screamed and immediately got up and ran to Hongki’s room while still holding onto her bear. She stormed into his room, startling Hongki.
“What’s wrong?” Hongki gulped, still shocked from her sudden entrance.

“Oppa, I’m scared,” Ji Eun pouted.
Hongki got up from his bed and grabbed her hand, dragging her onto the bed.
“Or are you just saying that so you can sleep next to me?” Hongki teased, while tucking Ji Eun in bed, next to him.
“I’m really scared,” Ji Eun cried while holding tightly on the bear.
Hongki took the bear out of her arms, “You wont need Hongki bear if you’ve got the real Hongki in front of you,” he tossed the bear to the side and embraced Ji Eun in his warmth. “Hold me, instead of the bear,” Hongki kissed her forehead, “There, I planted a good dream for you, now go to sleep.”
Ji Eun nudged her face closer to Hongki’s neck, tucking her chin right between Hongki’s collar bone, “I love you, oppa.”
Hongki looked at Ji Eun from below his chin, and grinned, “I love you too.”

            ~~~~~~~~~~

 

Rays of light peaked through the gaps of the curtains as the humming of the birds echoed around the room. Ji Eun opened her eyes slowly and yawned, “it’s morning already?” she looked to the side and Hongki wasn’t there, “oppa…” she pouted, and got up from bed, stretching her arms high up in the air, “where did he go?” she asked herself. Then the trickling sound of water from the washroom answered her question. Ji Eun smirked playfully and tiptoed next to the washroom, standing flat against the wall next to the door.

 

Hongki unlocked the washroom door and walked out to hear Ji Eun yell, “Boo!”

Hongki jumped from his spot, “yah! You trying to give me a heart attack?” Hongki nagged.

“Sorry, Oppa!” Ji Eun hugged him tightly on his waist, “sorry…”
“Tck,” Hongki chuckled, “it’s okay, no big deal.”

“Want to skip school today?” Hongki asked.
“Why?”
“There’s somewhere I want to go with you,” Hongki answered, though the truth was that he didn’t want to go to school where all the other guys seem to be attracted to Ji Eun, which ultimately makes him envious., even just the thought of Youngmin and Mir talking to her, gave Hongki the cold sweat.
“But…” Ji Eun sighed, she had a reputation with school, and she never considered ever skipping, but she was so emotionally attached to Hongki she didn’t know what to do.
“It’s okay if you don’t want to, I’ll understand…” Hongki saddened.
“No, I want to be with you too… Where are we going to go?” Ji Eun smiled and held his hand.
“Really?” Hongki was surprised she accepted his request, but now he felt a bit guilty for pressuring her, and a bit selfish as well, but the thought of having her with him made him want to forget all of that guilt.
“Yeah, I want to be with oppa,” Ji Eun stood on her toes and kissed his lips, as Hongki accepted her kiss while Ji Eun’s long silky hair.
“Get ready then,” Hongki ruffled her hair and got out of her way to change.

 

            ~~~~~~~~~~

 

“So, where are we going?” Ji Eun asked while getting on the bus.
“You’ll see,” Hongki sat next to the window seat while Ji Eun seated herself next to him.

Hongki looked out his window while gripping gently on Ji Eun’s wrist. “You, don’t think I’ll let you get away with this. I’ll find you eventually, and I’ll make sure you come with me,” his mother’s last message replayed in his head. Hongki sighed and all the stress was coming back to him, his fear of being taken away and losing his precious Ji Eun. For the time being, all Hongki could think of is to enjoy every moment he’s got with her till the very end. All he has to do is run away and hide from her, but he himself knows that’s quiet difficult to accomplish.

“Are you okay, oppa? You seem really tense,” Ji Eun the back of his hand with her thumb.
“I’m okay,” Hongki reassured her with a smile, “what do you want to eat for breakfast?”
“Mmmm… Dumplings!” Ji Eun said excitedly.
“Alright, we’ll go and eat some dumplings,” Hongki agreed.

 

            ~~~~~~~~~~

Hongki picked up his phone, “hello?”
“Hongki, where are you?” Hyuna asked anxiously.
“I’m in a dumpling restaurant, why?” Hongki was a bit worried over her anxious tone.

“You’re mom is here in my living room, what should I say?” Hyuna whispered.

“What!?” Hongki yelled. “, I don’t know, make something up!”
“Okay, but you know you can’t keep playing this, your mom is smart, she can catch on really quickly…” Hyuna said before hanging up.
“Dammit,” Hongki cursed under his breath.
“What’s wrong?” Ji Eun asked.

“Oh, nothing. Let’s just enjoy ourselves.” …Before she finds me.

 

DUN DUN DUN!! TO BE CONTINUED!  (sorry the chapter is short~)