Do You Feel the Same Way?

Lion & the Lamb

Narrative P.O.V

Hongki closed his eyes and thought in his head, a few weeks passed and I haven’t had any calls from her, I wonder if she had given up… Hongki leaned against the cold wall, and sighed, watching his hot breath float away in the chilly air.
“Oppa! You came!” Liana paced up to him and was about to give him a hug but Hongki stopped her with his hand.
“You said you had something urgent to say?” Hongki said halfheartedly.
“Oh, that…” Liana tucked her hair behind her ear and acted shy.
“Why did you tell me to come, couldn’t you have told me over the phone?”
“Well, you said we can hang out, remember?” Liana reminded him, “oppa, let this be our date, pleaseeeee?” she begged.
“That’s very eccentric for a girl to ask the guy,” Hongki said apathetically.
“My cousin passed away recently, and I was really upset, but when I met you, everything wasn’t so overwhelming anymore… I know it’s strange but I just feel happy when I’m with you,” a fake tear rolled down her cheek.
Though as cheesy as it sounds, Hongki felt sympathetic for her, he wiped the tears off her face and sighed, “we can hang out, but I don’t want to start any sort of relationship with you…”
Liana pouted. Hongki turned his gaze to his side and in the distance he found Ji Eun, he waved his hand high up in the air, calling Ji Eun over.
“Hongki, I thought I told you not to bring anyone?” Liana said disappointedly.

“I thought you were going to just tell me something and it’ll be over…” Hongki shrugged. “Maybe we can hang out some other time, I-“
“How can you be so inconsiderate?” Liana blurted out.
Hongki looked at her and realized his mistake, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean that.”
Liana wiped her tears, “no, whatever. You go and have fun with-”
“Oppa!” Ji Eun walked up to Hongki, and just before Liana was about to dash off, Hongki grabbed her wrist from behind.
“Meet my classmate, I mean friend, from English class…” Hongki stumbled upon his words. “Her name is Liana. Liana this is Ji Eun my-”
“Hi, nice to meet you,” Liana said informally and shook her hand roughly with a strong grasp. I don’t want to know what she is to you, because it won’t matter anymore, I’ll be yours soon, and you’ll forget this pitiful girl.
“Ow. Ah, nice to meet you too,” Ji Eun winced in pain.
Hongki looked at Liana angrily. “Look we’re busy today, maybe we can chill some other time?” Hongki apologized and walked away hand in hand with Ji Eun.
“It was nice meeting you!” Ji Eun waved bye.

Liana grabbed out her phone and texted Jessica, “, I’m so angry right now!”
“What happened?” Jessica replied.
“That Ji Eun, is dating the guy I like!” she answered.
“Wait, who do you like?” texted Jessica.
“Hongki,” Liana blushed.
“WHAT!? WHY WOULD YOU LIKE HIM?” Jessica texted back angrily, “CALL ME RIGHT NOW!”
“Ugh, you’re such an annoyance, whatever just leave it,” Liana rolled her eyes.
She moved onto her other friend, and called Ji Yeon, “hey, I’m sort of feeling down, can you help me with something?”
Ji Yeon answered, “Hey, yeah what’s up?”
“You know how I told you about that that’s involved with the guy I like?” Liana grunted.
“Yeah?”
“Well, she’s pissing me off even more. I just want to get rid of her, and completely make him forget about that ,” Liana clenched her fist.
“There’s something I’m curious about though…” Ji Yeon paused.
“What?”
“Well, remember how Hongki supposedly trashed the school?” Ji Yeon said apprehensively, “that night your ex, Shin, was also found in that crime scene, and he told me that the reason he wanted to be part of L. Joe’s scheme was because… He was jealous when he found out you liked Hongki…”
Liana sighed, “Okay, well what’s your point?”
“So you lied to him and me… You knew him all along?”
Liana clicked her tongue, “Aish, so what? Okay, what if I’ve been secretly crushing on him for a while? But that’s why I want him now! I don’t wanna just keep on secretly crushing on him!
“That’s not the point, you lied to me,” Ji Yeon said.
“Yeah, so? You lied to me so many times, remember how you said you had homework and couldn’t go out with me, but instead you were making out with your boyfriend?” Liana argued.
“Okay, that was one time!” Ji Yeon gulped, “okay, whatever, can we get back on topic then?”
“You’re the one who changed it!” Liana sighed, “okay, the plan is to basically torment her and get rid of her for good, got it?” she smirked mischeviously.
Ji Yeon sighed, “alright,” although she didn’t want to but she knew there’s no way she could say no to her, or else bad things will happen to herself as well.

~~~

Hongki pulled the chair out for Ji Eun to sit, “so, what do you want to eat today? I’ll treat you.”
“Really?” Ji Eun gasped.
“Yup,” Hongki nodded, “everything is vegetarian too, so it’ll be easy for you to choose a dish.”
“Yay!” Ji Eun opened the menu and looked at all the entrées.
Hongki peeked up from his menu and stared at Ji Eun who was smiling blissfully. Her beauty made Hongki’s heart race, and every time she made eye contact with him, he couldn’t help the blood rushing to his cheeks, as it turned red as a rose.
Ji Eun shivered, “wow, can’t believe time pass by so fast, winter is already here, and Christmas is just around the corner~”
“Not really, there’s still about 1 and a half month left till Christmas…” Hongki took off his jacket and wrapped it around Ji Eun, “that reminds me, I have something to ask you…”
Ji Eun looked at him dumbfounded, “hmm? What is it?”
“The school is holding a dance soon, and um…” Hongki sighed. What is wrong with me? Why am I so nervous?
“Oh, the winter ball? I’m going with Youngmin and Mir.”
Hongki slammed his hand on the table, “Andrai! (no)” Hongki’s eyes widened, “I mean…” he cleared his throat and settled down back comfortably in his seat.
“I want you to go with me,” Hongki said really quietly.
“Pardon? Sorry, I didn’t hear you,” Ji Eun leaned in closer to Hongki’s face.
Hongki felt his heart throbbing again, he repeated himself, “I don’t want you to go with anyone else but me, or I’ll be jealous…” he blushed and leaned closer to her slightly brushing a gentle kiss on her tender lips.
Ji Eun’s shoulder stiffened and once again all the nervousness overcame her heart, “oppa,” she bit her lip timidly.
“Do you feel the same way I feel for you?” Hongki held her hand.
…..

“Hello, how are you doing, are you guys ready to order?” the waitress grabbed out her notepad and pen.
Hongki hated to be cut off but at the same time he was glad. The fact that Ji Eun paused for so long kept him anxious, and he was afraid her answer was going to turn out something he wasn’t hoping for.
“Ji Eun, do you want any drinks?” Hongki asked but Ji Eun shook her head, “I’ll just stick with water, thanks.”
Do you feel the same way I feel for you? JI Eun repeated his question in his head. I don’t know what my feelings are for you, I feel happy when I’m with you, and depressed when you’re not with me. My feelings are strong when you’re around me; it’s defiantly not something I have ever felt in my whole life… What is this feeling? It feels wonderful yet strange…
“Can I order the vegetarian chicken steak with rice?” Hongki answered the waitress. “Ji Eun what do you want to order?”
“oh, I’ll have the noodles in soup with vegetables,” Ji Eun answered.
“Okay, your order will arrive shortly,” the waitress walked away.

 

Hongki fiddled with his chopsticks nervously, feeling a bit upset he didn’t receive an answer, but at the same time, he was happy to be alone with her.
Ji Eun looked out the window, “Oppa! It’s snowing!” she pointed out at the snowflakes falling from the sky.
Hongki chuckled and grabbed out his phone as he took a picture of Ji Eun staring out the window.
“Oh, our food is here Ji Eun,” Hongki snapped his finger in front of her face, trying to get her attention.
Woah!! It looks delicious!” Ji Eun’s face glowed in excitement, “Today is the best! Hongki treating me to dinner, and its snowing too~”
“There’s more to come though,” Hongki winked.
“Really?” Ji Eun clasped her hands eagerly.

“Yup! Let’s hurry and eat so we can do more fun things,” Hongki grabbed his chopsticks and fed her a piece of his veggie steak.
“Mmmm, it tastes really good!” Ji Eun thumbed up, and fed Hongki a big chunk of her food.
"That's way to much, Ji Eun!" Hongki chuckled but stuffed his mouth anyways.
Ji Eun giggled uncontrollably at his cuteness, "so adorable~"

Together they ate till their stomachs were full, as soon as they were finished Hongki brought her out of the restaurant and guided her down the streets. Ji Eun stuck out her hand to catch the snowflakes, “so pretty.”
“Not as pretty as you,” Hongki kissed her nose.
Ji Eun hid her face between Hongki’s neck and shoulder, “oppa, you’re making me blush.”


Hongki hugged her and giggled, “you’re so cute.” Hongki grabbed her hand and continued walking towards the next location.
“Where are we going?” Ji Eun asked curiously.
“A classical movie theatre… Although I know it’s cheesy and not the most romantic place to go to, but this was all I can afford for now…” Hongki pouted.
“Really!? I’ve never went to the movies, I’m excited!” Ji Eun swayed Hongki’s hand like what a little kid would do when they were content.
“Wow, you’re easy to please,” Hongki grinned.
They entered the quiet auditorium and sat down at the very back row. Hongki yawned and stretched his arm around her shoulder, as Ji Eun laid her head on his chest.

 

~The movie started~
 

“What’s this movie about?” Ji Eun asked.
“A cartoon movie about the Lion and The Lamb, how they became friends, it’s a classic movie, and one of my favorites.”
“There’s a movie about us?” Ji Eun joked.
Hongki nodded and played along, “except they left out an important part.”
“What’s that?” Ji Eun gazed deeply in Hongki’s eyes.
“The part where the Lion and the Lamb fell in love,” Hongki smiled and kissed her passionately on the lips.