Love Sickness

Lion & the Lamb

Here you go, some more cheesiness for all you reads~ :) Enjoy!

Narrative P.O.V

“Hongki, wake up! It’s time to eat breakfast,” Ji Eun shouted from outside Hongki’s door. Hongki obediently got up from his bed, his hair was a mess and his eyes were still droopy as he walked towards the bathroom door, almost tripping on his own steps.
“Aish, why is the room spinning,” Hongki clenched his hair in his fist. 
“Hongki, you okay?” Ji Eun pouted.
“Yeah, it’s just a head rush,” Hongki splashed the bathroom sink water on his face.
“Perhaps your body is still not getting used to being a vegetarian. Maybe I can cook some meat for you tonight,” Ji Eun rubbed Hongki’s back as he finally gained back his vision.
“I’m okay, don’t worry about me,” Hongki grabbed his toothbrush and started brushing his teeth.
“Okay, well if you need anything, tell me,” Ji Eun smiled and walked out the room. She stood behind the wall and placed her hand onto her chest, she bit the bottom of her lip, “my heart is beating again…” she glanced to the side, listening carefully to the tap running, “and it only happens when I’m close to you,” Ji Eun gulped and closed her eyes. “Hongki,” she whispered while envisioning his hand brushing along her cheekbone, as he leans closer to her lips, only inches away from touching…
“You’re still here?” Hongki was standing in front of Ji Eun now.
“Oh, sorry,” Ji Eun blinked and rushed outside his room.
“tch,” Hongki stared at her peculiarly, “why is she acting so strange?”

Omo, why was I thinking that? Ji Eun scratched her head; my heart is still beating so fast, but why? Ji Eun held onto her hand and breathed in slowly, trying her best to calm her heart.
“Are you okay?” Hongki peeked at her face.
“What? Oh yeah, I’m fine,” Ji Eun turned around. Oh no, why is my face burning up now? Am I sick? Do I have some strange illness? My hands are sweating too; even though they’re cold…
“Did you eat yet?” Hongki munched on his toast.
“Hmm? Yeah,” Ji Eun looked down at her apron, “I need to go get changed.”
“Well, hurry, we need to catch the bus soon,” Hongki looked at the clock. Ji Eun nodded and ran up the stairs.
Hongki ate his scrambled eggs as he played with his phone, looking at his recent calls. “What to do…? She’s looking for me again…” Hongki sighed, staring blankly at the clock, “And when I thought things were getting better.”
Hongki ate his last bite and got out of his seat, he slowly walked towards the door, “Ji Eun, are you ready?”
Ji Eun walked down the stairs, “sorry,” Ji Eun stared at Hongki as she walked down the steps, her heart racing faster as she slowly approached him.

~~~

“You’re not wearing any eye liner today?” Ji Eun looked closely at Hongki’s face who was only inches away from hers as they sat next to each other on the bus.
“Got too lazy to put it on,” Hongki rubbed his tired eyes.
“I prefer you without makeup anyways,” Ji Eun complimented, “It covers up too much of Hongki’s beauty.” Ji Eun giggled, “That sounded more ridiculous than I thought.”
Hongki chuckled along with her, “those are things guys should say to girls.”
“Oh that’s right, I haven’t seen Hyuna with you for a while...” Ji Eun paused at her sentence, feeling a little bit envious.
“Yeah, do you want to visit her today? I think we were supposed to work yesterday, but I completely forgot about it.”
Ji Eun nodded, “but how come manager Yeon didn’t call us than?”
Hongki shrugged, “we should get up; our stop is next.”
They existed the bus and entered the school building.
“What class do you have now?” Ji Eun asked.
“The same as you,” Hongki was walking a bit faster than Ji Eun.
“Really?” Ji Eun said in excitement.
“Come on, let’s get to class,” Hongki smiled.

Hongki sat next to Ji Eun, which was originally Gyuri’s seat, but of course he had no idea. Ji Eun was too happy that it completely slipped out of her mind, plus she liked to be next to him, even though she admired Gyuri as well.

Gyuri walked into the class and all the boys started drooling and aweing as the uzzlang smiled, all the boys except of Hongki of course. He ducked his face in his arms, covering his face till she walked away.
“That bastard is sitting in your seat,” Jessica pulled Gyuri to the side and gave an evil glare at Hongki. “Let’s sit somewhere else.”
Hongki got up from his seat, he couldn’t hold in his anger. “Hongki, what’s wrong?” Ji Eun tugged on his sleeve, trying to make him sit down, but instead he yanked off her grasp, “leave me alone, you’re nothing but an annoyance,” he said vulgarly and stormed out of the class.
Jessica clicked her tongue, “so glad that monster is gone.”
“Yah, why is he even back anyways? He should have just moved to a different school,” a few of the boys gossiped amongst each other.
“He thinks I’m an annoyance?” Ji Eun’s eyes watered, she was about to stand up and go after him but the bell had already rung.

“What are you doing out?” Mr. Choi grasped onto Hongki’s wrist before he was able to make his dash towards the exit. “Hongki, you’ve got to stop running away from your problems, it doesn’t solve anything. Come on, let’s go back to class.”
Hongki wanted to escape so badly but he wasn’t sure what came over him at that moment. He submissively followed him back into the class.
“Good morning students,” Mr. Choi greeted, “starting today we will have a new student,” Mr. Choi looked at Hongki, who wasn’t pleased with all the attention that was focused onto him. Hongki sighed and walked back to his seat, as he stayed quiet, while trying to control his temper.
“Alright… Seems like he’s on the shy side… Anyhow, his name is Lee-”
“We already know, he’s the boy who got suspended from the school. The boy all the ahjumma’s in the community despise of,” one of the students rolled his eyes.
Mr. Choi palmed his face, “alright, go outside, I’m going to have a chat with you,” he pointed at the door.
“Oooo,” the students teased as he took his walk of shame out the door.
“Sorry about that Hongki, some of these students are really ignorant…” Mr. Choi apologized.
“Good morning this is the principle making an announcement. I have the voting results for the student elections… Drumroll please…” the announcement speaker echoed around the school. Everyone stayed quiet and listened carefully.
“Student president is… SONG SEUNGHYUN! Congratulations! However there was a close draw with two students, so I’ll also like to announce a vice president… She gave an incredible speech that day… Her name is Lee Ji Eun! Congratulations to our winners! Please come down to the office right away.”
“Congrats,” Hongki said nonchalantly.  
“Congrats, Ji Eun, I knew you would get it!” Mr. Choi smiled.
“Thank you,” Ji Eun blushed.
Hongki looked at her reddened face and back at Mr. Choi with a jealous expression.
“Good luck, Ji Eun,” Mr. Choi opened the door for her.
“Thanks.” Ji Eun waved bye to Hongki before leaving the class.

~~

“Hey!”
Ji Eun looked behind her and it was Seunghyun calling from afar. He ran towards her, “congrats, guess we’ll be meeting each other often,” he smiled.
“Congrats to you too!” Ji Eun gave him a high five.
“Let’s walk to the office together,” he wrapped his arm around Ji Eun’s shoulder and together they walked down the hallway. Ji Eun was startled at first but she liked how friendly he was.
~~

*Bell* -Second period has begun.
Hongki walks into his music class and sits near the guitar. “Can you play today?” Mr. Oh asked Hongki who was completely dazed.
“Um, not really,” Hongki looks at his hand and uses the same excuse, “It still hurts.”
“Alright, well here are some music sheets I want you to read, and it would be great if you can practice it as soon as possible,” Mr. Oh handed him over 2 music sheets. Hongki looked at the music notes with a blank expression. He hasn’t learned how to read music notes yet so everything was new to him. Instead of trying to figure it out, Hongki grabs his pencil and flips the sheet to the other side and starts doodling. When he got tired of doodling he started to write whatever came to his mind.
"Like a ton of bricks it hit me
And woke me from this dream
No matter how hard I tried to wash my hands
I could never get 'em clean…”
Hongki re-reads what he has written; surprised that it was a lot easier letting out his feelings on paper. Hongki dozed off again, but he was lucky this time, as Mr. Oh gave permission to the students to play whatever they liked.
“Wake up,” a boy slapped the back of Hongki’s head lightly.
“Yah! What was that for?” Hongki grasps onto the boys collar.
“Woah, calm down. I was just playin’.”
Hongki let go of his grasp, and sat back down. “My name is Jaejin,” the boy sat next to Hongki.
“I play the electric guitar, how about you?”
Hongki looks at him coldheartedly, “acoustic.”
“Cool. You’re Hongki right?” Jaejin picks up his guitar and straps it around his neck.
Hongki nods and continues doodling.
“Nice drawing. It looks interesting… Is that poop?” Jaejin points at one of his doodles, and chuckles.
Hongki looks at Jaejin with a furious expression, “you’re very annoying, did you know that?”
“Dude, I’m joking. Calm down,” Jaejin chuckles, “I was just trying to help. I saw you’re confused expression when you looked at the music sheets.”
“Why were you even looking at me?” Hongki shoots a cold glare back at Jaejin.  
“Everyone was. You’ve been a hot issue lately, and I was so curious why a scrawny guy like you is afraid and shunned by everyone,” Jaejin shrugs, “don’t worry, I’m not one of those people,” he smirks.
“The only reason why you’re not one of those people, is because you don’t know what happened,” Hongki picks up his music sheets and tosses it over to Jaejin, “so are you going to teach me how to read these damn music notes or not?” Hongki attempts to befriend Jaejin in his usual odd way.
Jaejin chortles, “sure, whatever you say “cool” guy,” he says sarcastically.

~~ Lunch time
Hongki’s phone rings and it was his mother again, calling for the fifth time today. He looks at his phone hesitating whether he should pick it up or not. If I pick it up, she could easily find me. If I stall any longer, things can get worse… Hongki takes a deep breath and answers the call, “what?” he says abruptly and heads out behind the school building.
“Yah! Is that how you talking to your mother? Why haven’t you’ve been picking up my calls?” his mother screamed over the phone and he promptly regrets answering her call.
“What do you want from me? Is it money that you’re looking for?” Hongki yells back, as he climbs up one of the trees that was next to the school, as he sits himself comfortably on the branch, while one leg stuck out, and his back rested against the bark.
“I need you to come back home,” his mother demanded.
“And what on earth would you think I would ever come back home?” Hongki closes his eyes trying to keep calm.
“And you think I like your presence as well?”
“Then why the do you want me to come back if we can’t even stand each other?” Hongki breaks into tears.
“I found a rich man, and he wants to move to America and he is only willing to start our lives together if you were welcomed into the family. So get your ing over here. Plus, I’m sure you would be pleased with all the money you can gain from this, how about it, deal?” she says, trying to manipulate her son.
“I’m not like you. You filthy ,” Hongki hangs up and weeps quietly in his palm. Hongki hated his mother for who she was, but what he hated more was the fact that he always let down his guard by his own mother who always found a way to somehow make Hongki burst into tears.

“Have you seen Hongki?” Ji Eun asks Jessica who coincidently bumped into her.
“You-“ Jessica bit the bottom of her lips, “never mention that disgusting name in front of me or Gyuri ever again!” Jessica breathed out, trying to control her fury, “now shall we have lunch, or would you rather go find that bastard of yours? Because if you decide to leave, you can never talk to us, ever again.”
Without a thought Ji Eun ran towards the cafeteria exit to find Hongki.
“You’re making a mistake, Ji Eun! He will hurt you!” Jessica yelled.
“Hey, have you seen Hongki?” Ji Eun asked Youngmin.
“I saw someone that looked like him from the back, heading out behind the school building, but I’m not sure-”
“Thanks!” Ji Eun ran past the corridors and out behind the school building.
“Did something happen? Maybe we should follow!” Mir exclaimed.
Youngmin clutches onto Mir’s wrist before he tries to chase after Ji Eun, “we shouldn’t meddle in their business Mir, let’s just eat in the cafeteria, I’m hungry.”
“But” Mir pouts.
Youngmin ruffles his hair, “you’re too cute. Quit worrying, I’m sure their okay.”

“Hongki?” Ji Eun looks around but there’s no sight of him. “Maybe he’ll appear later,” Ji Eun thought out loud as she got out the lunch boxes. She sits down on the pavement ground, pouting and quietly wincing while waiting for Hongki, like what a lost puppy would do while waiting for their master.
Hongki looks down at her from the tree, what is she doing out here? Hongki rolls his eyes and jumped down from the tree.
“Why are you here?” Hongki squats next to her and opens up one of the lunch boxes.
“Omo, Hongki! Wait, why are your eyes so red and puffy?” Ji Eun grabs her handkerchief and the tip of it as she brushes lightly on his eyes. Hongki looks at her and instantly all of his troubles disappeared, as he found his inner peace again. It was no doubt that Ji Eun had a sweet motherly figure, in which Hongki’s damaged heart, always yearned for, and needed in order for his wound in his heart to be healed.
Hongki turned away, trying his best not to blush, “let’s hurry and eat, lunch is almost over.”
Ji Eun nodded, and picked up her lunch box with shaky hands. “Why are your hands shaking?” Hongki looks at her, and Ji Eun looks back. For a split second the world stopped turning as they both made eye contact. Ji Eun’s heart fluttered and Hongki’s face was burning red. They both looked down at their food at the same time, trying to pretend that never happened. And at that moment, they fell deeply in love, although they might not know it or show it, you can clearly see the love sparks ignite whenever they were near.  

Sorry that the romance is slow, but you've gotta understand that its better this way so you'll get a better undertanding of the characters behavior which will allow you to connect to their feelings much easier. Don't worry the lovey dovey parts are next! :D