Love?

Lion & the Lamb

Narrative P.O.V

“Yay! It’s the weekend~” Ji Eun got up from her bed and headed towards Hongki’s room.
“Oppa, wake up,” Ji Eun shook Hongki’s shoulder.
Hongki sat up from his bed and rubbed his groggy eyes, “mmm?” he yawned.
“Oppa, can we go to the carnival today?” Ji Eun begged.
Hongki looked at her with his tired eyes and collapsed his head onto her shoulder, “later,” he muttered. He wrapped his arm around Ji Eun’s waist and pulled her down onto his bed, as he went back to sleep, with Ji Eun tucked into his arms. Ji Eun looked up at his face; which was only a few centimeters away from hers. Her heart started pounding faster as his soft breathes brushed across her cheek, swaying her delicate hair.
“O-oppa,” Ji Eun stuttered. Hongki squeezed her tighter into his chest, making Ji Eun more nervous than she already was. Ji Eun couldn’t stop staring at his face; there was something about him that attracted Ji Eun.
He has such a pretty nose… Beautiful lips… A pair of gorgeous eyes… Ji Eun smiled and her finger along his cheekbones. He’s like a flower boy~

Hongki peeked slightly through his eyes, which was still a bit swollen from the lack of sleep. Hongki placed his hand on top of hers, “is my face really that astonishing to you?”
Ji Eun blushed, “sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you-”
Hongki smiled and leaned his nose against hers, “Let’s go to the carnival, shall we?”
Ji Eun beamed, “yay!”

Ji Eun walked back into her room and got changed while Hongki did the same in his room. “Oppa, what do you want to eat for breakfast?” Ji Eun asked from across the hallway.
“Waffles,” Hongki replied.
Ji Eun went to the kitchen to prepare the ingredients and Hongki decided to play the guitar while waiting for Ji Eun.
Hongki picked up his scrap paper from his pocket and took out his pen to continue writing his “random” lyrics and music notes.

“Hongki, it’s ready!” Ji Eun placed the waffles in the centre of the plate and garnished it with fresh berries and maple syrup.
“Mmm, it smells really good,” Hongki smiled and grabbed a knife and fork. “Thank you,” Hongki hugged Ji Eun from the back and rested his chin on her shoulder for a split second, “I love you.”
“I like… I love your food, and I appreciate you cooking for me…” He smiled and let go of her.
Ji Eun gulped and looked at him timidly. Just then… Why did I imagine him saying, ‘I love you?’ Why am I thinking about this? I’m too young, and I don’t think Soyeon will approve of this… Augh.. What am I going to do? I think I really like Oppa…
“Is there something wrong Ji Eun?” Hongki looked at her while munching on his food.
“Oh, nothing…” Ji Eun sat down at the table and ate with him quietly.
“Why do you want to go to the carnival so badly?” Hongki questioned.
“Well… I haven’t been there for a while… I used to go there a lot with my family…” Ji Eun felt a little sad, she missed her parents a lot but she was trying her best to hide her feelings.
Hongki looked at her, and connected with her feelings, “It’s okay. Don’t worry, we’ll have fun today, I promise you.” Hongki smirked and ruffled her hair, “come on; let’s eat faster so we can leave earlier.


30 mins later~

“Yay! Oppa we’re here!!!” Ji Eun pointed at the giant Ferris wheel in the distance.
Hongki gulped and remembered he was afraid of heights. “Hmm, yeah…” Hongki nodded uneasily.
“Oppa, walk faster,” Ji Eun pleaded and dragged him to the ticket booth.
“Two tickets please!” Ji Eun smiled to the cashier.
“I’ll pay,” Hongki grabbed his wallet and took out the money to the cashier.
“Oppa, you don’t have to pay…” Ji Eun said guiltily.
“Don’t worry about it,” Hongki held her hand while he grabbed the tickets.
“You both enjoy your date,” the cashier commented.
“Date?” Ji Eun blushed.
Hongki looked at her expression and was worried she didn’t feel the same way towards him, but there was no holding back now, there was only one way to find out. He let go of her hand and tangled it around her waist, pulling her closer to his chest, and letting her head rest on his shoulder. “I’m only doing this because it’s your birthday,” Hongki said coolly, trying to hide his soft side. He looked into her eyes and landed a gentle kiss on her nose, “your mine, arasso?”
Ji Eun gasped, “o-oppa…” she stuttered and her heart fluttered. She nodded and hugged his waist. “Wait, how did you know it was my birthday?”
“It said on your calendar…” Hongki answered.
“Oppa, does this mean you like me?” Ji Eun’s face flushed red and her voice was trembling.
“I don’t know how you did it, but somehow you got me under your spell…” Hongki sighed, trying to act cold.
“Spell?” Ji Eun raised her brow.
“Let’s go play some games,” Hongki avoided her question, “what kind of prize do you want?”
“Hongki, it’s okay… You don’t have to get me anything…” Ji Eun shook her head.
“It’s your birthday, I need to get you something,” Hongki let go of her waist and brushed her hair out of her face, “so, what kind of prize do you want?”
Ji Eun grinned and embraced him into her arms, “I want you, oppa.”
Hongki chuckled and his heart raced, “You already have me, Ji Eunnie,” he said with a baby voice.
Ji Eun looked up at him and blinked twice, thinking it was one of those strange dreams again. She lifted herself up on her toes and kissed him on his lips, testing whether or not if it was a dream.
Hongki’s eyes widened, he didn’t expect for Ji Eun to confidently make the first move.
“It’s not a dream…” Ji Eun whispered to herself, with her jaw wide opened.
“No it’s not a dream… You just stole my first kiss,” Hongki angrily.
“Sorry, oppa, I just-” Ji Eun felt his soft lips pressing on hers again. This time Hongki held her tightly in his arms, not letting her squirm or nudge. He brushed his fingers along her hair while Ji Eun stood still, enjoying the moment.
Hongki smiled and dropped his hands onto her back, “happy birthday.”
Ji Eun cupped her face, “omo, my face is so hot, and my heart is racing like crazy…”
Hongki smirked, “you better get used to it.”

Hongki grabbed her hand and guided her to one of the game booths.
“Oppa, that bear is so big!” Ji Eun exclaimed.
“I’ll win it for you,” Hongki grabbed out his change and gave it to the person at the booth, she gave Hongki 5 balls and told him the instructions, “try to shoot into the baskets, the blue baskets are for small prizes, and pink ones are for big prizes.”
“I’ll aim for the pink basket,” Hongki aimed at the far and small pink basket that was crowded with blue and non-colored baskets. Hongki threw his first shot and failed. “It’s okay oppa! Hwaiting!” Ji Eun cheered.
Hongki threw one after another and failed several times. His last ball was his only chance, he grips onto the ball and concentrates on the pink basket. He throws it with all his hope but it only lands in the blue basket.
“Yay! A small prize~” Ji Eun hugged Hongki.
“No, I must win the bear!” Hongki yelled and gave the person more change.
“Oppa, it’s okay!” Ji Eun pouted.
“No!” Hongki pulled her aside, “stand back, I don’t want to hurt you.”

Ji Eun obediently stood back and cheered from the side. Hongki attempted to throw again but it landed in another blue basket. He threw 3 more but it was no good, it landed in the non-colored basket. He had one last ball, he held it in his palms and hoped for the best. He throws it with all his power and it landed… Into the pink basket!!!
“Yay!!! Oppa!!!” Ji Eun jumped up and down in excitement.
“The bear please,” Hongki pointed at the giant rilakkuma bear with the small red scarf and mittens.
The person gave the bear to Hongki, “you’re one lucky girlfriend,” she winked.
Ji Eun blushed at the comment, ‘girlfriend.’

“What do you want to do next?” Hongki asked.
“Can we go to the zoo next to the Ferris wheel?” Ji Eun pointed at the indoor farm.
Hongki nodded, “wherever you like.”
“I’m going to name this Hongki!” Ji Eun held the bear in her arms and kissed the top of its head.
Hongki tittered, “as long as you don’t forget me and leave me for that bear.”
“Of course not, I love Hongki more,” Ji Eun held onto his hand.
“Love?” Hongki said to himself, what is… Love exactly? I’ve never really been ‘loved’… he admitted.
“Hmm? Umm… well love is when you care for someone and you always think about them…” Ji Eun said shyly, “like how couples love each other… and…”
“Oh,” Hongki blushed. Does that mean, I’ve loved you all along?
“Omo! Look at all the cute sheep!” Ji Eun pointed at the sleeping sheep inside the fence.
“This place smells bad…” Hongki scrounged up his face in disgust.
“Sorry… Do you want to go somewhere else?” Ji Eun saddened.
“Huh? No, it’s okay. I want to see the animals too,” Hongki looked around pretending to be excited.
“Yay,” Ji Eun pranced and hurried her pace towards the other animals while dragging Hongki by her side.
“Woah, that goat is so cute,” Hongki bent down to pet it.
Ji Eun took a picture of Hongki petting the goat, “awww, so adorable.”



Hongki picked up the goat and smiled, “omo, it’s so light.”
“Well, of course, it’s still a baby,” Ji Eun said, “but I don’t think your allowed to carry it oppa,” Ji Eun pointed at the warning sign.
“Oh, my bad. It’s my first time in a farm,” Hongki placed it back in its den and wiped his hands.
“Don’t worry, no one saw,” Ji Eun reassured him.

After a while of looking at the animals and playing games, time passed by quickly and it was getting dark outside.

“There’s one more hour till it closes, what do you want to do?” Hongki asked.
“Let’s go on the Ferris wheel! I haven’t been on it for a while, and I really miss going on it,” Ji Eun suggested.
Hongki was terrified of heights but he saw the spark of happiness in her eyes and he didn’t want that to get in her way. “Alright, let’s go then.”
They lined up for the Ferris wheel, and there weren’t many people in the line. Hongki was starting to feel anxious as the line got smaller and smaller.
“Are you okay, oppa?” Ji Eun said worriedly.
“Yeah, I’m fine,” Hongki said unsteadily.
“If you want, we can skip this and go home,” Ji Eun offered.
“No, I want to go on this with you,” Hongki hugged Ji Eun, trying to calm himself down, but instead Ji Eun made Hongki’s heart race more as she crawled her hands down his back.
“Oppa, you’re shaking… Are you afraid of heights?”
Hongki sighed and didn’t want to show his weak side in front of her, “no. Psh, why would I be afraid of heights?” Hongki laughed it off.

“Oppa, we’re next,” Ji Eun guided him into the Ferris cage.
“Already?” Hongki felt extremely scared as he sat down in the seat next to her. He felt the machine moving slowly and held onto Ji Eun for support as the Ferris wheel took flight. Ji Eun hugged Hongki in her arms and comforted him, “It’ll be okay, oppa.”
Hongki lifted his head up from her shoulder and looked into her eyes. He leaned in closely and shut his eyes gently as he kissed her softly on her lips. His fingers played with hers and found its way up on her face. He kissed her passionately, entering his tongue into hers, letting it swirl in her saccharine realm, as it danced inside her cheeks along the gums. The kiss lasted long, as if it had stopped time and Hongki wasn’t worried about his phobia no more. In fact, he wished they both were stuck there in time, kissing as if there was no tomorrow.
Ji Eun stopped, “Hongki, we’ve made it. We’re alive. The ride is over, and you don’t have to be afraid anymore.”
Hongki looked disappointed, wishing for the ride to be endless.

 

-By the way it says "and it tasted so heavenly good" lol -meaning the kiss.. xD anyways hoped you guys enjoyed this one~