One Shall Not Tame the Furtive

Lion & the Lamb

(sorry if the gif's don't match.. just imagine him with eyeliner and gothic style stuff :P)

Narrative P.O.V

Recap:

The driver ran out from his car and approached the two teens to ask if they were okay but his attitude changed immediately when he noticed the familiar young man, “did this young fellow bother you? Are you guys okay?” he wrinkled his nose as he tried to help Ji Eun up, but Ji Eun refused as she tried to wipe away Hongki’s blood. “Hongki, gwetchana?” her voice saddened as Hongki didn’t respond. “Hongki?” she recalled worriedly, but Hongki’s hearing became muffled and the pain started overpowering his body as his head fell hard onto the pavement. Soon enough Hongki became unconscious and laid insentiently onto the cold sidewalk, “omo!” she exclaimed while she tried to wake him up.

Ji Eun carried Hongki onto her back as she rushed to the nearest hospital; though it was a struggle to walk in heels, she managed to arrive there without tripping. The ER room was filled with patients leaving no room for Hongki to be nursed in. She sat Hongki next to her in the waiting room as she examined Hongki’s breathing and body temperature.

Since Ji Eun was used to these types of medical issues she was able to validate what triggered Hongki’s faint, and in the end she concluded Hongki hasn’t been eating enough, hence his malnutrition was the reason why his body became very weak.

Just by looking at him you can tell that Hongki looked really fragile and way too skinny for a 17 year old boy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Ji Eun P.O.V

I stared at Hongki as he lay beside me on my couch in a supine position, and I couldn’t stop gazing at his lovely skin and unique style, “oppa, wake up please…” I pouted as I tried to wake him up with a poke on his cheek. “He’s so pretty” :3 I thought in my head as I crossed my arms on the empty space of the couch right next to his shoulder and glared intensely at his face.

After a while Hongki opened his eyes, staring at the ceiling, “where am I?” he furrowed his eyebrows. “Hongki, oppa,” I cried, and offered him a glass of water, “the hospital told me you were okay to go home, you just need to eat more and take some medicine,” I gave him the medicine as he snatched it out of my hands and swallowed it. I fiddled with my fingers and looked at him timidly, as my voice shrilled a little bit, “um… Thank you for saving me before…” I lowered my eyes onto my hands.

Hongki stretched his neck and arms than yawned, “where am I?” “You’re at my house,” I answered. He looked at his watch and noticed it was 7 o’clock, “!!! I’m going to be late for work!” he yelped and sprung up from the couch. “Aish,” he placed his hand onto his head. “Ah, oppa, does your head hurt?” I tried sitting him back onto the couch and looked at the bandage I placed on his forehead, and legs “it’s still bleeding,” I said anxiously.

“Don’t call me oppa,” he snarled at me with a taciturn glare. “Your manager called on your cellphone and I answered it… Sorry if that bothers you a bit but don’t worry he said someone will take over your shift so you should rest up,” I assured him. He cupped his face into his palms and sighed heavily, followed by a hungry growl from his stomach. “oh… keke…” I giggled, “food is almost ready, don’t worry Unnie cooked a lot ^^” I blushed.

“No it’s fine, I’ll just leave now…” he got up and picked up his cellphone, but I was too paranoid that he was going to faint again so I reached for his hand from behind, “chebal… I want to thank you for saving me… Just please eat here?” I insisted while firmly gripping onto his thumb, but he yanked off my grip and sighed, “fine,” he agreed, “but would your sister be okay with it?”

“Of course! Why wouldn’t she? She’s actually really happy I invited you ^^…” I couldn’t help my excitement when he agreed to eat with us, and I jumped for joy as I dragged him by his hand towards the dining room.

Hongki P.O.V

“Why wouldn’t she?” she asked. “Because the society knows I’m a bad person… Where have you been?” I thought to myself as I followed her behind her steps.

She seated me in one of the chairs that was aligned to the long wooden table. Her house seemed very cozy and homey; I haven’t felt this familiar presence in a long time… It calmed my anger down a bit, and looking at all the gourmet foods made my heart swell with delight.

“Thank you so much for saving my sister!” her sister embraced me with a hug and a pat on the shoulder, then seated herself across from me, “you don’t understand how thankful I am, if my sister died today I wouldn’t know how to live anymore…” she started to cry while holding her sister, Ji Eun tightly in her arms. “Ah.. Unnie… Mianae… I’m sorry if I made you worry…” she pouted. I stared at the two siblings exchanging feelings, as I stared glumly at them, not knowing how it felt to be ‘loved.’

“Ahem, sorry if my sister, Ji Eun caused you trouble… By the way my name is Soyeon,” she gestured her hand in front of me, as I accepted the handshake, “ah, mine’s Hongki,” I said casually. “Speaking informally Hongki?” she furrowed her eyebrows and gave a cold glare for a split second, “I’m just joking! I actually feel a lot better when it’s all informal talking…” she laughed, “we prefer informal talk, since we grew up through absence of manners,” she said nonchalantly. I just smiled along with her joke, “thanks for having me for dinner,” I said.

“Omo! We should be the ones-“ Soyeon was cut off by Ji Eun, “Hongki, I should be the one thanking you~ You can come eat here anytime oppa,” she corrected herself, “I mean Hongki-ssi.” “thanks,” I replied with a fake grin.

“I heard you have a job, do you mind me asking where you work?” Soyeon asked curiously. “Ah! Unnie!” Ji Eun tried to stop Soyeon but I couldn’t care less whether or not if she knew where I worked, “I mainly work at a supermarket sometimes in the afternoon, sometimes at night… If the bar is desperate they call me in for a shift…” I answered honestly, though my age (17) is actually against the law to work at a bar, but they weren’t aware of it.

“Two jobs!?” woah, she exclaimed, “but aren’t you too young?”

“What do you mean?” I asked. She giggled, “Never mind…”

“So are you friends with Ji Eun?” she asked as she passed some food onto my plate. I looked at Ji Eun and caught her staring at me, then she turned her eyes somewhere else, and her face started reddening. “Yeah… We’re friends,” I said coldly as I continued to stare at her face even though she tried her best to avoid eye contact. 

 

I stuffed my mouth with the appetizers and soup “… This taste’s really good!” my eyes widened as my taste buds danced around to the sweet delightful home cooking, I haven’t had in a long time.

“I know right! Unnie’s cooking is amazing!” she leaned closer to my face, examining my reactions while I ate the food. “Sorry that it’s all vegetarian food… We’re both vegetarians…” she beamed a smile across her face. I looked up from my plate and saw her smiling pathetically, though I was enjoying this meal a lot her presence kind of made me feel uncomfortable. I gave her another cold stare as she backed away, frightened a little bit.

 

“It’s been a while since I ate so much food,” I thought to myself whilst I gobbled down 3 plates of veggies along with 2 bowls of rice, soup and bread. “Home cooking is defiantly the best,” I whispered under my breath as I enjoyed every bit of the meal. “I’m glad you liked it,” Soyeon looked at me with big eyes, surprised to see me eating so much that fast… I smiled, and my tummy finally felt satisfied for the first time; since I usually smoked to suppress appetite.

We chatted for a bit, well mainly them… I didn’t really know what to say. They were talking about school, how she met me and made new friends… all of that boring normal teenager life stuff… Before I was about to say goodbye, Soyeon placed a big plate of fruits and desserts in front of me, “please accept our gratitude and enjoy this.”

“This is really good,” I said while chomping down on the scrumptious dessert with the fruits. “Thanks so much,” I was surprised to hear those words come out of my mouth… I patted my tummy and it was bulging out of my shirt a bit, “been a while since I had a full meal,” I said happily. “No worries Hongki, if you ever get hungry, you know where to find us,” Soyeon smiled. “Ji Eun why don’t you go and take a shower?”

“But Unnie…” Ji Eun whined, but she had to obey Soyeon’s command. Ji Eun stomped onto the stairs and sighed.

------------------------------------*

Soyeon guided me into the living room and sat me down on the couch for a cup of tea. “I want to thank you again for saving my sister and being friends with her…” she hesitated and a tear rolled down her cheek, “sorry,” she gulped down the tea and wiped her tears with a tissue. “It’s just that it’s Ji Eun’s older now and she’s finally enjoying the outside world… I just get a bit too paranoid when I can’t be there for her…” she paused again. “Will you be a kind fellow and watch over Ji Eun, when you see her at school?” she cried. “I hate to break it to you, but I don’t go to school with her…” I answered honestly.

 

“Oh, right…” she sighed and bit her bottom lip, “well, here’s my number and if anything happens you can call us for help…” she handed me over a slip of paper with her phone number. “Thanks…” I accepted, though I had no intention on calling them.

“I don’t want to be harsh or anything but…” she started tearing up a bit more as her voice became more unsteady, “oh gosh sorry about this…” she wiped her tears from her face. “Ji Eun, never had friends before, and I’m just so happy she’s finally smiling so brightly now. Thank you Hongki,” she placed her hand on top of mine, “I think you made my sister really happy today…” she smiled widely, yet her eyes were filled with pain. “No problem… I guess…” I looked down at the floor and somehow it brought back memories of the past, of how happy I was before when I lived a normal life… Till my father left and everything just went downhill from then…

A little squeal from behind snapped me back into reality, as Ji Eun tugged onto my arm, “Hongki! Hongki! Can I show you something?” I couldn’t reject since Soyeon was in front of us watching, “sure,” I followed up behind her as she pulled me up the stairs