The Injured vs The Sick

Lion & the Lamb

Ji Eun P.O.V

I opened my eyes and looked up at the ceiling though my eyes were still blurred. I turned my head around to face the clock, trying to read the time. “2 pm~!?” I sprung out from my bed but the pain stopped me halfway, “Ji Eun you’re awake!” Soyeon cried while holding me into her arms. “Why didn’t you wake me up? I am late for school…”

“You’re injured and not feeling well; I’m not going to make you go to school if you’re in pain,” Soyeon said worriedly. “What happened?” I asked. “Aigo~ you don’t remember…” Soyeon bit the bottom of her lip.
“Don’t you have work today Unnie?”
She nodded, “but I took a day off to watch over you.”
“Unnie… You should go to work… Don’t worry about me… I can take care of myself,” I reassured her.
She shook her head vigorously, “you always get yourself in trouble, I am not going to risk letting you get hurt again.”
“Mianae,” I apologized pitifully.  “Where is Hongki?”
“He is at work at the supermarket…” she answered.
“Unnie-”
“No you cannot visit him!” she cut me off.
“But Unnie… I want to…” I said anxiously.
“Yes, I know… You want to thank him… I already thanked him for you so don’t worry about it,” Soyeon said with a unyielding voice.
I picked myself up slowly, “I want to thank him personally though,” I sobbed.
“I am not letting you go out!” Soyeon bellowed.

Narrative P.O.V

Meanwhile at the Headquarters….

“Did you find anything from last night’s stroll?” Choi asked officer Jae, who was on duty last night. “He was at this address last night,” Jae pointed at the address located on his slip of paper. “It seems that he brought her to his house, since he left later on that night when her guardian came back home…” Jae informed.

Choi had an epiphany, “wait a second… The girl from yesterday…” Choi picked up the newspaper of the car accident and analyzed the picture of the two teens. “Why didn’t I notice this before?” Choi asked himself as he starred closely to the picture of the girl, noticing the very familiar backpack of hers. “That is Ji Eun…” he paused. A flashback from yesterday played in his mind as he remembered her backpack showing up on the screen during the incident. He sighed, “How could I have not noticed? … Accident after another with the same two people…” He sighed, “This is quite of a coincident.”
“Hold on a second, so does that mean they are more than just an acquaintance?” Jae questioned.
Choi his chin, “possibly.”

“Hongki where is your girlfriend?” Manager Yeon smiled.
“What girlfriend?” Hongki gave him a cold glare.
“Your little sweet angel that you were with last time…” Manager Yeon teased.
Hongki raised his brow at him and starred at him confusingly, “I don’t know who you are talking about…” He said dumfounded.
“That girl… Something Ji…” He hesitated, “Ji Eun?” he thought for a second, “yeah I think her name was Ji Eun… Right?”
Hongki tittered, “she’s not my girlfriend,” He replied taciturnly.
“Okay well… Whatever you say then…” Manager Yeon tormented Hongki once again. “Did she tell you she is coming here at 4 pm to apply for work here?”
“Mwao?” Hongki laughed, “she’s clumsy and a trouble magnet. You wouldn’t want her as an employee.”
“Sounds like you are describing yourself; since it takes one to know one. You do know that you are clumsier and you make countless mistakes everyday… Not only that but you are also one of the biggest troublemaker I have ever met,” Manager Yeon chuckled jokingly.
“Shut up!” Hongki scowled. “I hope she doesn’t come here.”
“Waeyo?” Manager Yeon questioned.
“She got injured yesterday… Her wounds aren’t healed yet…” Hongki trailed off and realized what he had just said causing him to widen his eyes in surprise.
“Oh… Seems like Hongki has a little crush…” Manager Yeon wrapped his arm around Hongki’s shoulder, but Hongki didn’t like it and tried to push his arm away.
“Aish! Not even!” Hongki retorted angrily.
“Naw… Look at you! You’re blushing! Plus, what happened to your motto about not caring about others? Though I know you secretly care about everyone, but still… you never admit it, except for just now~ hehehe,” Manager Yeon beamed a smile across his face.
“God! You’re so immature for an adult!” Hongki shrieked and walked away from him.

Hongki picked up his phone, and saw the caller ID, ‘The annoying little girl.’ He debated in his head for a while and decided to not pick it up as he placed his phone back into his pocket, but his phone rang several times which created an annoyance to Hongki. He abruptly picked it up and flipped open his phone,
“What?" he said rudely.
“Ah, sorry are you busy right now?” he was surprised to hear Soyeon’s voice on the other end.
“Eung… but I can spare a few minutes…” Hongki replied.
“Just wanted to inform you that Ji Eun is feeling better now… Thank you once again for saving her…” Soyeon’s voice sounded groggy. “Do you mind telling your manager if she can change her appointment to some other time?” She asked impatiently.
“Yeah, he already knows…” His voice trailed off before he said goodbye and hung up his phone.

Another call appeared on his screen again, Hongki looked at the ID and it was Hyuna. He picked it up, “Hyuna?”
“Eung. Oppa can you visit me today? I don’t feel well…”
“After work,” Hongki sighed as if he didn’t want to go.
“Can you bring over some congee?” Hyuna baby talked through the phone.
“I’m not so sure if they will still be opened after I’m done my shift, but I’ll try…” Hongki hung up his phone and went back to work.

After a while the clock struck 9 o’clock and it was almost time for Hongki to end his shift but before he was able to finish one last stack of the merchandise another phone call alarmed Hongki.
“Hello?” He picked up his phone.
“Sorry to bother you again Hongki…” he heard Soyeon again.
“It’s okay, I’m almost done with my shift…” Hongki said while he stacked the last item on the pile.
“Oh, perfect! Do you mind staying over a bit to look over Ji Eun? I need to take on my night shift… I’ll pay you!” Soyeon whined desperately.
“After I’m done with my errands…” Hongki remembered Hyuna’s last call.

Hongki said his goodbyes to Manager Yeon before he left to the congee restaurant.
“Ah wait a second!” Hongki paced towards the restaurant that was about to close.
“My sister is sick right now…” Hongki lied, “Can I please buy some congee from you?” He begged.
“There’s only left over cold congee, though…” the man looked at Hongki pathetically.
“It’s okay… I can warm it up later for her…”Hongki said as the man let Hongki in as he walked to the kitchen and gave Hongki the left over congee.
“Thanks,” Hongki grabbed out the money from his wallet but the man stopped him, “No its alright.”
Hongki gave him the money as a “tip” anyways and hurried over to Hyuna’s place, with the congee soup in his hand.

He arrived in front of the doorstep within 10 minutes, he knocked on the door impatiently. Hyuna opened the door and collapsed into Hongki’s arm, making Hongki supporting Hyuna into a hug, which was Hyuna’s intention in the first place.
“Oppa!!!” she squirmed happily.
“Aish! I don’t have time for this.” Hongki gritted his teeth and shoved the congee over to her as he felt a vibration in his pants pocket. He picked up his phone, “hello?”
“Can you make it in 25 minutes?” Soyeon asked.
“Yeah,” Hongki answered though he was unsure. He hung up his phone and looked at Hyuna, “You don’t seem too sick…”
“I am oppa!” she pouted.
Hongki picked his palm up and placed it on her forehead, “not really that sick… You can deal with it.”
Hongki turned around and was about to walk away but a sudden grip on his hand caused him to turn around, “where are you going, oppa?” Hyuna sobbed.
“I have some business to do…” Hongki replied half-heartedly.
“Are you visiting that girl?” Hyuna’s eyes were filled with water.
Hongki looked at his phone again, “what the hell is with all these calls?” he shouted as he looked at the caller ID, ‘the annoying little girl.’
“Yeah… I’ll be there soon…” Hongki said abruptly.
“Huh? Be where?” Hongki heard Ji Eun’s voice instead of Soyeon’s voice in which he expected it to be.
“Oh… Ji Eun…” Hongki’s voice trailed off timidly.
“Look I’ll talk to you later…” his face turned pink before he hung up his phone. “-Ah but Hongki- oppa,” Hongki hung up before he replied to Ji Eun.
“You let her call you oppa?” Hyuna cried irately.
“Why does it matter?” Hongki seemed annoyed now.
“I will visit you again tomorrow… It’s late,” Hongki lied.
“You say it’s too late… But you’re going to visit that girl instead of staying with me!?” Hyuna hollered.
“I’m getting paid to baby sit. Just shut the up, and stop intruding my personal activities,” Hongki snapped.