Send Away

Lion & the Lamb

I apolgize for not updating in so friggn long, and this story will end soon but there's gonna be a surprise so please continue reading and supporting! I love you guys for being so patient! Enjoy!

 

Hongki P.O.V

I felt a slight tickle brush against my lips; I opened my eyes, my gaze was blurred as I was trying to make out what touched my lips. The blur ceased and I saw Ji Eun with her eyes shut and lips pressed onto mine. I closed my eyes, trying to enjoy our last kiss, but I couldn’t, it was too painful to bear. I pushed her to the side, I felt a rush of guilt mounting to my chest, “get out,” I said surly.

“Why?” Ji Eun pouted. My eyes fell upon hers, and I knew from that moment, I’ve made the biggest mistake.
“Go away, I’m sick of you,” my voice cracked in tremor, what have I done?

“Oppa, what’s going on? Did I do something wrong?” Ji Eun shook my arm, begging for forgiveness.
“Everything. You did everything wrong, from the moment I met you, you should’ve of left me alone and never come into life!” I sighed and pulled her grasp forcefully off my arm and stomped to the washroom. I slammed the door shut behind my back as tears trickled down my cheekbones. What am I doing? How are these words coming out of my mouth so effortlessly?

I shouldn’t have gone out on that stroll that night. “Well, well, well… Look who it is! Hongki, I knew I would find you,” Umma said from aloof. “What are you doing here? How did you find me?” my voice trembled. “Actually, you found me. I was actually just taking a leisurely walk, because Hyuna told me this neighborhood had a really nice garden. And look at that, I’ve already found my bait, faster than I had expected, it’s as easy as stealing a lollipop from a baby,” she chuckled. “ you.” If only I hadn’t talked to her, and ran off, then maybe, just maybe, she wouldn’t have caught me and had given me a bit more time… But it’s too late, she knows where I am and I can’t stay here any longer, or else she’ll harm Ji Eun and her sister. I wept in my arms, as the tears dampened my sleeve. I’m sorry, Ji Eun. But you should forget me.

My phone rang and I knew without looking, that it was Umma. “What is it now?” I said trying to hide the pain in my voice.
“Sweetie, pack your bags, I’m going to pick you up tonight,” she said with a fake innocent voice, but the evilness in her tone was still explicit.

“I don’t want to leave,” I said with the best possible stern voice I can do, but I couldn’t help the tremulousness in my tone.
“Don’t you remember our deal? I can find many possible ways to destroy Ji Eun and her family. If you come with me I won’t touch her. If you don’t come with me, then you’re both going to live a hell of a life. Plus, don’t you understand? Ji Eun is too good of a human being, she deserves someone better, you’re pathetic, and useless. Why would anyone want to share their life with you? You have me though son, I will love you and treat you right. I promise you, we can start a new life in America, and forget our past.” She reminded me. I hung up on her because I couldn’t stand hearing the truth in her words. I knew I wasn’t good enough for Ji Eun but I blocked all of that, and lied to myself, saying we are meant to be, because I’m selfish and I only want Ji Eun all to myself.
It was true I am useless and Ji Eun deserves someone better. I should stop wasting her time and let her move on, so she can find someone better than me. I’m doing this for her, and it won’t matter if I am the one having to go through all the pain. Ji Eun, you’ll find someone great, don’t worry about me. I told myself, finally admitting the truth.

I looked at the clock on my phone; there’s no way I will be able to handle all of this stress if I stay here beside Ji Eun… So I quickly got ready, grabbed my guitar and headed out the door. “Where you going, Oppa?” Ji Eun asked.
Another tear inched down my cheek, “somewhere.” I closed the door behind me without saying goodbye. It felt strange to be cold again, especially to Ji Eun, but I had to get used to it. I need to get my mind off of all of this, but it’s too hard for me to endure.

Ji Eun P.O.V

Why is Hongki acting so strange? Is he mad at me? I fiddled with my fingers like I usually do when I get nervous and scared. “Oppa, please stop being this way, you’re worrying me…” I said out loud, hoping all of this was just a dream, and once I wake up he’ll be the sweet oppa, I know and fell in love with… I closed my eyes and laid on his bed, but I couldn’t fall back asleep. I pulled out my diary from under the mattress and grabbed a pen, I wrote today’s date 02/13/13, “Oh, it’s almost valentines day!” I wonder where we’ll be going~ oh, I’m off topic again! I continued writing in my diary, “Hongki is being strange today, he told me he was sick of me, I don’t know what that means, and I don’t know what I did to make him “sick” of me… I hope he’ll forgive me, I’ll do anything to make Hongki happy again… I thought this was a nightmare, and I had many nightmares of Hongki leaving me, but this one isn’t a dream, and he already headed out the door. Hongki please come back home soon, I really miss you, I’m sorry for whatever I did… I can’t bear to see you sad, nor can I stand it when you’re not here with me…”

Hongki P.O.V

I walked towards the bus station and headed towards the local café. After 10 minutes I got into the café on time for my acoustic performance. I decided to volunteer there, and entertain the costumers, plus this was the best way for me to express my feelings. I cleared my throat and tuned the guitar, preparing myself before performing. I grabbed out my song lyrics I wrote, as I tested the mic, “testing.. testing…” the mic worked and now it was time for me to perform.

“I wrote this song, to someone who is really dear to my heart…” Ji Eun, I will always love you.

“Your brightly smiling face,
My heart hurts.
I have so much to say but I bury them inside my heart.
Because I have to let you go.
When you wake me up,
When you cook for me,
When you sometimes wait for me secretly and then jump out at me,
When we kiss, when we first met,
All of these do not let me to forget you...
It has to be you,
I can't live without you.
I try to fight it off, I try you push you away
but I can't.
Because I love you, because I love you !
Because you have all of my heart...
When I wake up alone, (I remember you)
When I eat alone, (I miss you)
Sometimes living is too much. When I want to lean on someone,
When I dream about you (I want to hug you)
When I see someone like you,
These moments make me miss you more...
It has to be you,
I can't live without you.
I try to fight it off, I try you push you away
but I can't.
Because I love you, because I love you !
Because you have all of my heart...
When we born again, when we meet again,
Let's notice each other sooner.
Let's never say good bye.
I as your man, and you as my girl,
Let's live like that forever...
It has to be me,
You can't live without me.
I know your heart more than anybody else but I'll let you go.
Because I love you. Because I have to !
Because you have all of my heart...
I hate to let you go, thats what my heart says...
But I have to let you go... "

The crowed clapped and cheered, but instead of smiling for the happy response, I was crying on the inside. I looked down and got off the stage. “Hey, Hongki, you got a really nice voice! I have a friend who does professional recordings, maybe I can hook you up and maybe you can even record some singles!” one of the café workers suggested, but I was too morose to respond and shrugged him off. I walked out of the café and down the streets like a zombie, who’s soul has just been drained. 

Then it suddenly came to me, it must’ve been Hyuna who set this up, why the hell would my Umma want to go and see a garden? She could care less about nature. ing son of a . I gritted my teeth and turned around, changing my direction towards Hyuna’s house. After half an hour of rushing towards her house I banged her front door, “Hyuna open up!”

“Oppa!?” Hyuna shouted from the other side of the door and opened it for me.
I barged into her house and pushed her against the wall, “did you ing tell my mother where I was staying at?”

Hyuna averted eyes from mine, “Hongki, I don’t know what you are talking about.” Her voice cracked.
“You’re lying!” I shouted.
“Hongki! I’m doing this because I love you and care about you. What good is it to just live with her and do nothing? You’re wasting her time! She’s an intellectual girl who is planning to go over seas for university, and you can’t even finish high school! How do you expect for the both of you to work out?” Hyuna blurted. “I’m sorry…” she apologized for her word vomit.
“No, you’re right. How could I be so blind?” I chortled to myself like a fool, “I can’t believe I had allowed myself to believe that maybe just once, something will good happen to me, and when Ji Eun came into my life, I knew it was too good to be true.” I sobbed in her arms as she comforted me.
“Hongki, that’s why it’ll be best to start a new life in America, and I’ll be there helping you,” Hyuna patted me on the back, but I pushed her to the side.

“You’re coming to America with me?” I glared at her and then I realized, “wait a minute, all of this is so you can try to get closer with me, isn’t it?”
“Oppa, no… I don’t know… You know how much I love you and …”
I rolled my eyes, “no, you know what. Wow, you too Hyuna? You’re on my mother’s side and trying to brainwash me too? I thought you were better than that!” I stormed out of her house and headed back to Ji Eun. I know I shouldn’t be crawling back to Ji Eun, but I couldn’t stand all of this resentment, I needed to see her face, that beautiful loving face, because even just seeing her smile, it’ll heal all my pain, well at least temporarily heal it..

I decided to walk instead of busing; at least it’ll clear up my mind a bit for a while. It’s getting dark and chilly out… I hope she’s okay alone at home.

After an hour I arrived in front of the doorstep, I was about to open the door, but I held onto it hesitantly. I sighed, “what am I doing, I’m just making this worse… This is my last day with her, and I should be treasuring this moment… But it’ll be best if Ji Eun will remember me as the guy she hates, at least it would be less painful for her to move on…” I twisted the knob and opened the door. I walked in and looked through the rooms around the house, but no one was home. “Ji Eun?” I called. No one answered. I got up the stairs and looked into her room, my room and as well as the washrooms, but she wasn’t there. “Where did she go?” she couldn’t have possibly gone out to look for me, right?  I began to worry, “Ji Eun!!’ I yelled. I slumped onto my bed and buried my face in my hands, “!” I felt something uncomfortable stabbing my thigh, I grabbed it out of the way and looked at it, “she left her diary here again…”

I read through the previous dates. “Today was the happiest moment of my life, I never felt so happy before! I went to the carnival with Hongki, and he was so sweet~ I think he changed completely, I don’t know how or what overcame him, but I love him now more than I did before. I thought all of this was a dream but it wasn’t! Our lips touched, and it was my first kiss, it was the best moment in my life. I’m writing this so late at night, because I can’t sleep with all of his excitement!”

I chuckled, Ji Eun you’re so cute…

“Hongki wrote a song for me! It was so good! I didn’t know he could sing! He has such an amazing voice, I hope one day we can both do a duet together and maybe even become couple singers!!”

Tears rolled down my face, reading her words were like guilty pleasure; it hurt to know that all of this might hurt her, but at the same time it feels so good to know that she loves me back…

I flipped to the last page, “I don’t know why Hongki is acting this way, but I hope all of this will end, so we can have a happy valentines day tomorrow…”

Ji Eun, I’m sorry but this is for the best of us… You deserve someone better; please forget me…

I heard the door open and bags crumpling, “oppa?” Ji Eun asked, but I hid myself under the blankets and ignored her, pretending I was asleep.
I heard Ji Eun turning on the tap and preparing vegetables for dinner; instead of helping I decided to stay in bed, hoping this was just a nightmare for me as well.

I realized I fell asleep, and it was already 11’o clock. I checked my phone and there was one missed call from my mom, followed by a text, “I’m going to pick you up at midnight, our flight is at 2 am. I promised you already I wouldn’t barge into the house, so just head out the door at 12 am. See you soon.”
I got up from my bed and packed my suitcase, there wasn’t much to pack so it took me only 10 minutes. I walked quietly to Ji Eun’s room, and she was already sleeping. I opened the door carefully and sat next to her on the bed. “Ji Eun, try to forget me, and don’t forgive me, because I know I don’t deserve to be forgiven. I love you. I’m sorry that I have to break my promise.” I gave her one last kiss on her lips and walked out of her room.

I got out of the house and sat at the doorstep, waiting for Umma to come. I sighed. It would’ve been best if I never entered this world, I don’t deserve anything…

After a while of waiting, my Umma finally arrived in an expensive Mercedes Benz, knowing who my Umma is, she defiantly married him for his money.
“Hongki, that’s all you have, really?” She said, helping me pick up my luggage.
“Hongki, this is my husband, your step father,” she smiled.
“What a lovely and handsome son you have!” he complimented, but I ignored him and sat in the car. He looked at me strangely, but he oddly accepted my rudeness anyways. I shut the door and everyone got in while his chaperon drove to the airport.

Ji Eun P.O.V

I heard a door slam and it woke me up. “Hongki?” I opened my bedroom door and looked down at the stairwell and no one was there. I rushed downstairs and peaked through the window, I saw a glimpse of Hongki’s face inside a car before the door shut, “Hongki!” I yelled but it was too late, he had already left. “Where are you going?”