Prologue: Diary Entry

Lion & the Lamb

Name: Lee Ji Eun
Year: Born 1999
Age: 8

Blood type: AB
Horoscope: Capricorn


I remembered when I was eight, I recall the moment when I knew I was dying in the inside, and somehow I still managed to put a smile on my face despite the pain overwhelming my body. I was born with a severe Autoimmune disease where my body will attack its own cells. "She wont last up to age 10," the doctors said. During that time I wished I had shut my ears and blocked out the hurtful words that broke every piece of hope in my heart. My mom died giving birth to me, and my dad died 3 years later in a car accident. My sister, Soyeon, threw away her dreams and teenage years to take care of me, I guess you could say she was my hero.


   I was strapped in a hospital for about 5 years when I was a kid, my wish was to be in school to learn and socialize. Soyeon wanted me to be happy for as long as I can, so she signed me up for school. I was really excited to make friends and to enjoy the little things that people took advantage of.


     During my first week, it wasn't what I really hoped for, everyone was afraid of me, thinking I was some sort of alien or whatever immature thoughts that kids can come across of. Soyeon hated to see me sad, and life was too short for me to be upset. Although I wasn't the happy one, I wanted to make others happy; when I see them smile it makes me smile as well. However I can't help but envy their ability to smile without the thought of knowing you were about to die soon. Kids my age shouldn't worry about things like this, and childhood is a time that everyone should enjoy and cherish. That is why even If I can't have that, it would be nice to know that other people can enjoy their youth.