Hide Beneath Every Truth

Lion & the Lamb

 

Mir P.O.V

We were seated next to each other in the middle row, while we waited for the students to quiet down for the welcoming stage performance. Her knee was still bleeding even though there was several bandages wrapped around the wound...I pointed at her knee, “unnie! It’s still bleeding! Gwetchana?”  *~* she nodded, “don’t worry about me. I’m okay! Thanks :)”

The audience quiet downed a bit so I took my chance and asked, “So how did you get this wound?”

“I sort of tripped… I’m actually really clumsy…  :P” she replied truthfully.

“I see…” I paused, “just wondering, but who was that guy?”

“A stranger…”  ‘ ~ ‘

“He looks familiar to me…” I hesitated, “dark. Baggy clothes. Cold personality… Hmm…” I contemplated in my head. “He seems so...Familiar?”

“It seems like a lot of people know him,” she supposed. “Hongki-ssi… Ah, Lee –Hong-Ki” she said each syllable separately.

“Hongki?” I paused, than an epiphany occurred, “omo! Hongki??? THAT CRUEL BASTARD Lee Hongki??” I shouted.

People around us turned their heads and faced us. They gave us cold glares that ran shivers down my back.

“...I was a bit too loud..” I bit my lip. “Sorry.”

The ceiling florescent lights went black as the spot lights on the stage . The program sheet was ordered accordingly to first and last performance.

  1. Welcoming speech from the principle.
  2. Introduction to the school programs
  3. Speeches from honor roll students
  4. Steps in achieving success

After the welcoming ceremony we were guided to tables according to last names to find our semester schedules. “Hmm.. that reminds me… Unnie what grade are you in this year?” I asked.

“I am actually skipping a grade …. so I am going to take classes for grade 11… I might have one grade 10 class though.” She replied.

I gasped, “chentcha!? Skipping a grade!?... I am only taking 1 class for grade 11! Woah! You really are something! You must be really smart… Are you sure this is your first time learning in an outside environment?”

“I have been to school a few times when I was younger… They figured I was gifted and put me in an older grade but kids weren’t really nice to me and I couldn’t stay there any longer so I had to drop out… Ever since then I stayed at home and was educated by personal teachers.”

“Why weren’t the kids nice to you?” I wondered.

She shrugged, “they were just immature…” she smiled at me.

“Aww, her smile is so cute<3” I thought in my head.

-------

We went and gathered our packages for the semester that was provided by the counselors.

I examined her pale face for a second, and looked at her facial expression… She looked extremely tired, I was a bit concerned but I didn’t want to offend her or anything…

“What do you have this semester?” I asked.

“Art, English, Math, and –“ she stopped; her eyes rolled back as her eye lids fell heavily shut and her whole body collapsed into someone else's arms.

I stretched out my hand in front of her, “ah! Unnie, gwetchana? D: “ I took her out of his arms and supported her onto my forearm. I looked up at the figure in front of me, it was Youngmin. “Oh! Youngminie! I haven’t seen you in a while!” I said, trying to be calm as possible.

He smiled worriedly, “Oh! Hyung~… It’s nice to see you again.. “ he paused awkwardly, “um… is she okay?” he pointed at her.

o-o “Ah…Molla…” I tapped her face and chanted, “Ji Eun! Ji Eun! Wake up!”

Teachers rushed over to our side and laid her onto the ground. As soon as 1 minute had passed after the paramedics arrived, she had woken up; they figured she had lost a bit too much blood. I thought in my head for a second, “she did bleed a lot but I never thought that it would make her faint… was it really much of a blood lost?”

“It seems that she had a history of disease and illness at a young age… Her blood cells aren’t fast enough to regenerate… The amount of blood she lost caused her to faint…” one paramedic said to the other.

“Be careful next time, and make sure you have enough intake of iron…” the paramedic said as he gave her a shot and some painkillers.

She looked really pale and sick… I was really worried about her… She looked really brittle and weak, “unnie, gwetchana?” my voice trembled. “Mianae…” she gave a sad smile… “Don’t worry about me, I’m okay now.” She reassured.

Ji Eun P.O.V

I refused to go to the hospital because I didn’t want to trouble my sister, plus it was my first day of school … It’s bad enough that I had caused a whole scene… I don’t want to skip my first day nor do I want to disappoint my parents.

The bell rung and it was time to go to my first class, Art.