But Yet One Ought to Uncover...

Lion & the Lamb

 

Hongki P.O.V

She opened one of the ceiling windows and guided me up onto the roof. We sat comfortably next to each other on the rooftop; she pointed at one of the bright shiny stars and said, “I always see that star every night… I’m going to name it Hongstar!” she looked me in the eye and smiled cutely.

“Hongstar?” I raised my brow. She nodded, “nae, Hongstar, because Hongki is like the star that shone brightly for me today, saving my life ^^…” she said enthusiastically.

“Yeah! Is that you Hongki!?” Ssam D yelled from the ground below the rooftop, he looked up at us, “your girlfriend Ji Eun told me on your phone that you were here, because you got hurt or something…”

-__-“she’s not my girlfriend,” I retorted without hesitation. “Yeah, whatever I got some beer,” Ssam D said as he climbed up the ladder, that was attached to the brick wall, and sat himself between me and Ji Eun. I looked away and snapped, “Ssam D get the out of here… You’re ing drunk…” I said angrily, as his heavy alcohol breath brushed my nose.

“Ahhh,” he exhaled on to my face, “Dude you smell like !” I exclaimed and pushed him away. “I missed you, bro,” he wrapped me in his arms, “seriously what the …” I broke away from his hug and grabbed the beer out of his hands and pushed him to the side.

“How you doing sweetie?” he said drunkenly to Ji Eun. “Don’t answer him. Just throw him onto the ground…” I looked down the roof, “it doesn’t seem too high, he’ll survive,” I smiled slyly.

 “Ah.. it’s okay… I rather not…” she answered. Ssam D started crying heavily and rested his head onto my shoulder, “why don’t you want me here?” he whimpered but I didn’t bother to answer him, instead I took a guzzle of alcohol to ease my anger.  “Hmph!” he grunted, “fine I’ll leave you and your precious girlfriend alone…” he cried as he jumped off the rooftop and fell on his back.

“She’s not my girlfriend you stupid little !” I yelled, while watching him leave the streets. “Sorry about that Ji Eun…” I apologized… Again… I wasn’t use to being polite but I tried…

“Who is he?” she finally spoke. “No one important,” I took a sip of my beer, and looked back at that star. 

“Hongki?” she scooted closer to me, “why do you wear dark clothing and eye makeup?” she asked.

I shrugged, “because the darkness embodies my personality. That is why I didn’t want to be friends with you, because we are two completely different people …” I looked into her eyes and told her straightforwardly. “Like a Lion and a Lamb…” my voice trailed off.

“Hmmm?” she questioned not being able to hear what I have said. “Dark personality?” she bit the bottom of her lip, “but u seem…” she paused whilst I finished her sentence, “Rude? Cruel? Disgusting? A bad person? … Go ahead and say it, I know I am… & I’m used to hearing it.” 

 

She shook her head vigorously, “Mwao!?” she questioned, “I wasn’t even thinking anything close to that! I think you’re really nice ^^… Why would anyone think of you that way?” she squint her eyes while she looked deeply into mine.

“Ji Eun… Stop bothering Hongki, I think his mother wouldn’t want him out for too long…” Soyeon echoed from the room below us. Without thinking I accidently slipped out the truth, “I live on the streets alone actually..”

“Oh ,” I thought in my head, I really didn’t mean to blurt that out…

“Mwao?!” Soyeon bellowed, “wae?”

“Oh, nothing both my parents live in a different country…” I lied, “it’s no big deal,” truthfully, it bothered me only a bit but that was only when it was cold outside, and I rather stay out then going inside Ssam D’s apartment, knowing he was banging a girl in his room…

“Please stay here for tonight,” Ji Eun heaved onto my hand and pleaded.

Well… I was really tired and had no shifts tonight… =/

“Hey! C’mon, it’s better than living on the streets right?” Soyeon said warmly. “Since you saved my sister’s life, we owe you a lot… Heck! You can even stay here as long as you like for free…” she suggested.

“Thanks,” I accepted, even though I didn’t want to at the same time… But at least I get a comfy bed this night, unlike my usual nights when I would sleep on the cold wooden floors or sidewalks.

We both jumped from the ceiling window and landed in the room.

-------------------------

Ji Eun handed me a brand new tooth brush, face towel, and baggy clothes, “thanks,” I grabbed it from her hands and went to the washroom to wash up.

Narrative P.O.V

She waited idly beside the washroom door as she heard Hongki brushing his teeth. After a few minutes he came out from his door and was startled to see her standing right in front of him.

She looked at his face and it was glowing with pure beauty, “omo, you look even prettier without makeup on,” she stood there with her jaw opened, as she dazed at his handsome face.

 

~

Hongki felt an unknown feeling in his heart the moment he met her and the feeling sparked a bit more when he felt her small embrace from behind his back, “Thank you for saving me today... Goodnight hongstar, sweet dreams…” she whispered behind him, burying her pink face on his back.

 

 

Repeat: "Click" :P (for people who didn't see the notification from the previous chap (5).