Only the Beholder Possesses the Ability...

Lion & the Lamb

*Clue...

Ji Eun P.O.V

My alarm clock rang loudly at 6:30 am and I slowly got up from my bed, whilst I was still in the midst of sleeping. I yawned widely as I was heading towards the washroom. I looked at the guestroom confusingly and remembered the door was fully opened last night, but now it was closed… I unlocked a small gap from the door and peeked through the small opening, “Omo!” I covered my mouth in surprise… “Why is Hongki here?” I thought in my head.

I walked inside the room quietly to watch him sleep, hoping he wasn’t having a nightmare again, but my hopes disappeared as I saw fresh tears rolling down his face, and sweat pouring from his forehead. He panted louder as he tossed and turned in his bed, yelping non-coherent words, and cries of agony. I grabbed a napkin from the table as I swept away his tears, and held onto his hand, “oppa, don’t cry…” my eyes started tearing, as I listened to his words becoming more distinctive this time, “Umma, chebal… I-I-It hurts…” he wept quietly.

Narrative P.O.V 

His hand twitched between her fingers, while she secured it in both of her hands, and the back of it with her thumb, hoping he would wake up from the dreadful nightmare he was having. She brushed his hair away from his forehead and his eyes opened slowly, hesitantly gazing at Ji Eun, half-awake and half-asleep. His vision was blurred from the redness and puffiness, due to the frequent episodes of nightmares he received every night…

“Good morning,” Ji Eun whispered angelically, “how are you feeling?” she asked worriedly whilst she held onto Hongki’s hand while her other hand tried to wipe away his sweat. Hongki wasn’t fully awake yet and he was too weak to control his body, causing him to fall into Ji Eun’s arms. His head fell upon her shoulders, as he faced the side of her neck, causing shivers to run down her spine as she felt Hongki’s breathing against her delicate skin. His fingers were still tangled with hers, while Ji Eun wrapped one arm around his small waist, and just that moment while being in Ji Eun’s embrace, (subconciously), a small smile lit across his face.  

She rested him back onto the bed and left after giving Hongki a goodbye. During that time after her departure, Hongki’s painful dream was soon forgotten, and instead the dreams became more peaceful and calming…

Ji Eun P.O.V

It was 7:15 am now after I have finished preparing myself for school. I quickly made myself pancakes and oatmeal since Unnie was still not home for a strange reason, but I didn’t want to be too nosy about it, so I continued to eat my breakfast slowly, while other thoughts ran through my mind. I wonder what Hongki’s nightmares are about, I pondered, “he always mentions Umma in his sleep…” Sigh… I pouted sadly, hoping Hongki was going to be okay.

 

********Clue

By the time I arrived at school it was already 8:30 am and since I was a bit early I decided to linger around the hallway. I looked out from the windows as I walked down the path surrounded with students, preparing themselves for first period class.

“Gyuri do you want to go on a date tomorrow?” she heard a familiar voice behind her; she turned around only to realize it was Mir who had asked her out. “Mian, I don’t date younger guys ^^” she rejected politely as she walked away.

“Mir, gwetchana?” I walked over to him, making sure he was okay. “Ji Eun!!” he wailed into my arms and sobbed. I his back and chuckled, “it’s okay Mir ^^” “Hello!” Youngmin said happily as he joined the group hug, “is Mir still trying to get a girlfriend?” he laughed.  “Stop being so mean!” Mir pouted and punched Youngmin on the shoulder. 

“Don’t hurt Youngmin…” I said, whilst the two boys stuck their tongue at each other. “Ji Eun want to be my girlfriend?” Mir pleaded happily, Youngmin slapped Mir’s back in response, “you don’t deserve her!” he joked, “aren’t I right Ji Eun?” “keke,” I giggled, before I was about to say anything the bell rung and it was time to get to class.

“Are you free this weekend?” Youngmin asked curiously. I shrugged, “I’m not sure… I think I might want to volunteer at the animal shelter.” “Can I join you!? I love doggies!!” he held onto my  hand and begged. “Of course!” I smiled bright fully. We both entered the class and seated ourselves next to each other.

Mr. Choi broke the silence as he entered the class and all the female students turned their focus onto him instantaneously. “We will be having an election for school president, if anyone is interested then I suggest you guys to start your campaign soon…” he paused and looked from right to left, then gestured a hand near his mouth, pretending he was whispering a top secret, “rumor has it, that Gyuri is currently in the lead for preparation right now,” he teased.

“She wins all the elections…” a boy snickered, “I think she’s an amazing candidate…-” he flattered her. “Yah, yah!” Mr. Choi stopped the boy before he went into further details. “I think you will be an amazing candidate too,” Mr. Choi stopped right in front of me and lifted my chin up to face him, causing me to blush, “you’re beautiful, smart, and cute,” he smirked, “an oppa heart-catcher… Perfect for gaining votes~” he chuckled.

My face turned bright red as the atmosphere started to stir up heatedly, “is she your bias?” a girl spoke enviously, whilst she furrowed her eyebrows, and glared rudely at me. clue

“Is she my bias?” he restated her question, walking over towards her, “or is she just a good student that people should admire?” he shot a taciturn scowl at her, “I don’t do favoritism in any circumstances, but to a girl who works hard and achieves more than she fails, I have my rights in praising her. If you have a problem with the way I precept things, then I suggest you to take action by taking your first step into reality. By this time you should realize life isn’t as easy as you think it is,” he said in a stern voice, while he stared down at the student. He walked back to me and placed his hand on the top of my head, “this girl here is courageous, clever and inspirational. If you want to be successful in life, I suggest you to seek advice from young Ji Eun…” he paused and looked around the class, “And I know what you guys do after school behind her back, don’t make me get the teachers involved!” he yelled. “Arasseo!?” he raised his eyebrows and exclaimed in fury. “You don’t want that incident from 6 months ago to happen again. DO YOU!?” he bellowed irately.

******

This was the first time in weeks I have seen him this angry, and it really scared me... Mainly because I feared that I may have caused the whole entire class to be in trouble without any intention of doing so, “Aish! There I go causing trouble again!” I slump my head into my arms after seating myself into period 2. “I know what you guys do behind her back…” his words repeated in my mind, “you don’t want that incident from 6 months ago to happen again…” “What happened 6 months ago?” I thought in curiousty...

 

To be Continued!