29

My Music for You

 

CHAPTER 29

 

A week came by slow. Though, she’s in New York already, she tried to keep her concentration on the game. Practice never ends, day in day out, until the day of the auditions. Hana monitored Minhee’s every move. Minhee felt like she’s in a prison. Hana’s iron clad hands held onto her. Minhee knew she had to pass the auditions. It’s been her dream to enter this prestigious school.  But still, at the end of the day, her body is exhausted, her mind wanted escape, her heart, wants to be home.

 

Often, when she’s not doing anything, she finds herself looking through the window, with longing eyes. She never spoke about him, but she knew in her heart he’s there. She was happy, knowing how he feels for her, but him not being there, her not being able to meet him, a few days feels like 3 years.

 

The day of the auditions came, it’s 8 days since they have arrived. Minhee felt exhausted. Minhee and her mother, Hana, entered the hall; many aspiring students like her fell in line. She could see the judges, walking through a room, the exam room. She sat down and patiently waited for her turn. She held on her piano pieces, like dear life’s depending on it, she knew, she’s nervous. Hana told Minhee to play Fur Elise. She knew the piece; she knew she could perfect it when she performs this to the judges.

 

 

She sat on the waiting area, only a few participants before she could enter the audition room. Her palms are beginning to sweat; she took a deep breath to calm herself down. She looked at her mother talking on the phone with her concert organizers. Though, Hana is there with her physically, she had wanted to get support. Minhee felt desperate. She sat there in silence, again, waiting for her turn.

 

She stood up, it’s now her turn, Hana turned to her. “I know you can do it, Honey.” Hana said. Minhee smiled faintly at her mother and went ahead. As she was walking through the white hallway, her phone vibrated in her pocket. She fished it and looked through the screen.

 

“Stay calm and collected, be yourself, and play what you like. I’ll be waiting. I know you can do it!

 

-Yoochun”

 

Minhee knocked on the door, and waited to be acknowledged. She walked to the mini stage with a medium sized black Steinway and Sons grand piano, and stood at the center stage. There were 4 judges, 2 men and 2 women. The eldest judge is the dean, he looked old and strict, but you could see in his eyes he’s warm and accommodating. He spoke, loud and clear.

 

“Tell us your name Miss.”

“I am Kim Minhee.” she spoke loudly and showed her sweet smile.

“How old are you Ms. Kim?” the dean asked.

“I’m 15 years old, Sir.”

“Very young, eh. What are you going to play for us, young lady?”

“I’m going to play the “Fur Elise”

“Ahh. Classic. Very well then, carry on.” The dean said as he signalled her to sit on the piano bench.

 

 

Minhee walked to the piano bench, sat down and placed her music sheets on the rostrum, she closed her eyes took a deep breath and paused for a while; she carefully placed her hands on the keys and kept it that way.

 

“We’re ready whenever you’re ready.” The dean calmly said. And then she began to play.

 

[a/n: Fur Elise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAsDLGjMhFI]

 

She ended the piece beautifully. She heard a round of applause from the judges. But then, when she looked at the judges the 3 younger ones are all applauding except for the dean. And then, he cleared his throat and began.

 

“Very good. Very skilled, excellent. You really know the piece. But…”

“But that was excellent right?” one judge butted in.

“Yes it is. But, it lacks something… it lacks your heart.” The dean retorted.

 

‘It lacks my heart?’ Minhee thought.

 

“Play us something you love, for someone you love.” The dean ordered. Minhee looked at the judges, confused. She never thought of something like this would happen. And then, it came to her… she took a deep breath and placed her hands gently, again, on the piano keys and began to play.

 

[a/n: this is what she played. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=PWDjvyPVfk0]

 

When she finished, she found tears b. She never thought she would be this emotional. And again, the dean cleared his throat.  She wiped her tears.

 

“Miss Kim Minhee?” the dean spoke. Minhee turned her head to the judges not uttering a word.

“We’ll see you next school year.” 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I HAVE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH DEAR LORD!!! I HAVE TIME TO UPDATE!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! AHAHAHHAHAHA!!!  *PARTY TIME*

what do you guys think? did you listen to the pieces she played?

do you guys liked the update? please do comment!!!

please read, comment, and subscribe!!!

be happy and healthy!!!

til my next update... *i dont know when that will be... but let's hope it would be soon. very soon*

ciao!!!!!