2

My Music for You

 

II.         ]

 

It was the start of the school year again. The same usual Saturday, Minhee woke up early as she has to go to her Piano lessons. She went inside her usual piano room, and played Moonlight Sonata, her favourite piece. Minhee knew every note by heart, every beat of this piece. She played it note by note perfectly. She played the whole piece, she was so immersed with her playing that she did not notice someone came in the door and is already watching her play.

 

[a/n: This is Moonlight Sonata 1st Movement by Beethoven http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7vYBsx6zuw&NR=1

 

She ended the piece; she heard claps behind her saying, “BRAVO, BRAVO.” She turned around to see a man wearing a white crisp button-down shirt and black slim fit trousers, holding a couple of music books. He came forward, and flashed a smile.

 

“You must be Kim Minhee.” the man said.

“Yes. And you are?” she asked smugly as she raised an eyebrow, she did not like the idea of someone lurking behind her back and not informing her that he’s watching her play.

“I am Park Yoochun, your new piano instructor.” He again gave her an excited look as he flashed a smile, and reached for her hand to shake. She reached for his and shook his hands abruptly.  

“Oh. Mr. Park. Will you next time make yourself known if you’re coming in… not knocking is kind of rude.” She stated, and lets his hand go. Yoochun cringed a little.

“Oh… sorry about that. Ms. Kim.” He bowed a little. And took another stool to sit beside Minhee, she scooted a little to give him room on the piano. He felt as though that this girl is scarier than his mother, even though she’s very young, he felt intimidated. Yoochun placed his music books, and placed it on the piano stand. He played, Greensleeves, it’s his favourite piece. In between his playing, he stated, that this is the piece he played during his first recital. Minhee listened to him play, she watched the man play his heart out.

 

[a/n: This is Green sleeves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5ItNxpwChE]

 

“You are good.” She stated.

“Thank you.” He replied.

“Which School are you from?” Minhee asked nonchalantly. Yoochun felt intimidated again with how Minhee asks him.

“I’m from Seoul Conservatory of Music.” he replied.

“Uhh… same as Yuna Unnie.”

“Yeah, she’s my senior. And she recommended me for the job.” He explained.

“Oh… I see.” She fell silent, with Yuna in her thoughts again.

“So… Shall we begin today’s lessons? I know, you don’t need lessons anymore. But still you need some guidance. So, today, play me a piece. Aside from Moonlight Sonata, play me another piece. Senior Yuna told me that you love Moonlight Sonata, another piece would do.” He gave her a smile. She began playing Chopin Etude Op 10 No.4

 

[A/n: This is Chopin Etude Op 10 No.4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUVCGsWhwHU

 

He lets Minhee play the whole piece. She played it beautifully. At the end of the piece, he can’t stop his emotions anymore, her playing is perfect. Yoochun clapped his hands and wiped the tears that formed thru his eyes.

“That was great, Ms. Kim. I’m very impressed.” He said, and again wiped his eyes. Minhee looked at the grown man beside her, her jaws just dropped, as she studied his face.

“Seriously? Tears?” she cocked an eyebrow as she looked at him. ‘Is he gay or something? Tears?’ she thought.

Yoochun just looked at his student, and gave off a goofy smile. “Uhuh…” he said as he nodded his head. “You were that talented.”

“Thanks. I seldom had a male audience brought to tears by my playing. You’re a first.” She remarked. He then blushed. He cleared his throat to mask his awkward feeling he’s having.

            *clears throat* “To be honest, Ms. Kim, I know, that’s not your favourite piece. That was the piece Senior Yuna left you for the summer.”

Minhee cocked her eyebrows again to the older man. “Yep. I know, she told me. And I can tell.” He continued.

She just fell silent, that really was not her favourite piece. She did not want to disclose to this stranger something personal about her.  He noticed she’s guarded, so he didn’t push it.

“Today, we won’t be practicing these technical pieces that you are used to playing. Let’s have something to get our rapport at ease… since this is our first session together. Let’s exchange opinions about some pieces.” He said with ease as he looked at Minhee.

He saw her cringe her nose, “This is annoying.” She said with a straight face. He was taken aback with her frank speech.

“You think this activity is annoying?” He asked her.

“This is not just annoying. This is LAME.” She stated.

“Uh… I just want to get to know you before we start our formal lessons, before the Year end recital. And also to have a piece of what you think about stuffs. ” He explained. She just rolled her eyes and sighed.

“OK, Let’s get your lame idea a shot.” She hissed. Yoochun took a deep breath. He played, Fur Elise.

“What do you think about Fur Elise?” He asked Minhee, and she explained what she likes about the piece, Yoochun explained how he felt about the piece as well. Through out the 3 hours of their session, they exchanged ideas. Soon the 12 o’clock bell rang; it announced the end of their session. ‘His idea was not that bad at all.’ Minhee thought.  

She is heading home when she realized, she like this new teacher that Yuna had set up. 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

 

hey guys!!! here's an update!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wee!!! i hope you all like it!!!

please read comment and subscribe!!!! 

comments and critiques are openly welcomed!

xoxo!

til next update!!!