Chapter 41

CLOSER [HIATUS]

“Looks like we’re gonna have to leave early.” Min Ji said after checking her phone when it buzzed on the table. Soo Min also heard hers buzz as well as their other classmates at nearby computers. Already she knew what it had to be, an email from their instructor.

 

“I don’t know who misses class more, our instructor or Chae Soo Min?” One of the guys said in a joking way and Soo Min laughed because that was unfortunately true. “The lab can stay open though since we’re here, you don’t have to leave early.” Their evening class typically started around 6:40pm but since their instructor cancelled, it was almost 5pm by now.

 

“I want to eat dinner with my family for once!” Min Ji complained after logging off the computer and started to pack her stuff away. Hearing her mention the word family had Soo Min thinking about her own family now. How nice it would be to be going home and eat with family, too. Eating with her parents, with Won Woo and Jihoon… with Ren. In time. She managed to think positively this time at least.

 

Once they were packed up, they said goodbye to their classmates and headed to the front where Min Ji had a cab waiting for them. “You’re so well organized and planned.” Soo Min chuckled when they approached the car.

 

“I like to be prepared!” Min Ji smiled brightly. “Hopefully there won’t be much traffic on the way to my house, maybe we’ll arrive just as mom’s serving the table!”

 

“Maybe.” Soo Min nodded and opened the backseat door and proceeded to crawl onto the other side of the backseat since there was traffic on the other side. Right before the cab driver started to drive off, Soo Min noticed a familiar face headed to the main building from his class building next to it. It was Jihoon. He looked bothered by something and she had a feeling it was from her not replying to his text. She was sure he was going to her class building right now, too bad she wasn’t going to be there to greet him.

 

“What is it?” Min Ji asked when she noticed her staring out her window.

 

“Nothing.” Soo Min shook her head and sat back properly in her seat. Then they were off.

 

Meanwhile…

 

Jihoon was headed for Soo Min’s class building after his class ended. He thought it was odd that she didn’t reply to him earlier when she texted him to pass a message off to Won Woo about not coming home tonight. She didn’t mention where she was going and why. And so he asked “why” but she never replied despite it showed she read his message. He figured maybe she got busy and didn’t realize he texted back, it’s happened before. But given what happened earlier this morning, he felt like he should go check on her just in case.

 

When he made it to the computer lab, he knew she wasn’t in the room despite not even looking yet. He just had that intense feeling she wasn’t there. Did she leave early? He peeked into the room to make sure and right away one of her classmates told him she just left. He thanked them for the info and started to head back to the main building. He was about to start heading to WooMin’s shared apartment before he remembered she said she wouldn’t be home tonight. Where did she go? Maybe she was going to stay with Jeonghan tonight? So he pulled his phone out to contact her boyfriend.

 

Jeonghan: She’s not with me.

 

Jihoon: Really? Do you know

where she might be?

 

Jeonghan: No. Is something wrong?

 

Jihoon: Earlier she texted me that

she wasn’t going to be home tonight

and asked me to pass that message on

to Won Woo for her. I don’t know why

she wasn’t telling Won Woo herself and I asked

but she never replied to me after that. I came to

the computer lab and she’s not here. I don’t

think she’s on campus anymore and I’m a

bit worried given what happened this morning.

 

Jeonghan: I would be to! I’ll text her

and let you know if she gets back to me.

 

Jihoon: Yes, do that. Thanks.

 

Since there was no one else he knew on campus right now, he decided he should head home for the day, but when he got to the front after calling for a cab he decided maybe he should make a detour and stop by a certain person’s place before going home for the night. He was worried about Soo Min, but he was also worried about Ren. And he felt like maybe he should talk to him. “Where to?” The cab driver asked and Jihoon was about answer but realized… he doesn’t know where Ren lives yet. Damn.

 

He had no choice but to just go straight home now. But on the bright side, he could text or even call Ren once he’s home and after he eats a bit. The ride there didn’t take that long and he was already getting out of the cab in no time. He paid the driver before shutting the door and turned to head inside and that’s when he noticed someone sitting on the front porch step with his face buried into his folded arms… waiting. I guess this worked out better. He thought to himself with a sad snicker.

 

When he approached the gloomy figure, he stopped for a moment and looked down at his dejected friend. “Hey…” Jihoon said softly and used his foot to nudge Ren’s ankle. “I’m home.” Slowly, Ren lifted his head and looked up with his tear stained face. It honestly broke Jihoon’s heart to see him so upset like that, even after being friends for so long… it wasn’t common. “Let’s go inside.” He suggested while keeping his composure and opened the front door. Ren stood up without a word and followed Jihoon inside a moment later.

 

 

Jihoon: Soo Min said she’s not coming home

tonight. She didn’t say where she was going though,

but Jeonghan told me he’d let me know when he gets

a hold of her.

 

Won Woo frowned when he checked his phone during the commercial break. After his second makeout session with Mingyu they cuddled for the first time while watching TV again and it was so nice until he needed the bathroom! She’s not coming home? He thought and wondered where she could have gone.

 

“I really should go home, need to start dinner for my friends before work later.” Mingyu said and broke the silence between them. It also snapped Won Woo out of his thoughts just then.

 

“That sounds like fun.” Won Woo said with a small smile. “Can I join?” He added with a look of hope in his eyes.

 

“Oh? You want to come over?” Mingyu asked and was slightly confused. “What about Soo Min?”

 

“Apparently she’s not coming home tonight… so I’ll be here by myself.” Won Woo explained with a hint of dejection. It started to dawn on him that maybe something happened earlier when she was with Ren and she just needed some time away to collect herself. He worried about what might have happened between the two, but it wasn’t that hard to figure out to be honest. He’d text them later when he gets back, and hopefully they will be ready to answer him.

 

“Okay, you can come home with me.” Mingyu was grinning from ear to ear and it was enough to make Won Woo chuckle. It looked silly. “Maybe you can help me cook?”

 

“Sure.” Won Woo nodded. That did sound like fun. “What’s for dinner?”

 

“Cheeseburgers.” Mingyu beamed.

 

“Really? You didn’t just change your mind now that I’m coming over, did you?”

 

“No! Of course not. You’re not the only one who like cheeseburgers!” Mingyu pouted and stood up. “But we’ll have to stop by the store on the way there, so let’s go now!”

 

“... alright.” Won Woo thought it was adorable at least. Before Mingyu could step outside, Won Woo suddenly grabbed onto his hand to stop him. “Wait!”

 

“What is it?” Mingyu quickly turned back to him.

 

“You’re really going to go out looking like that?!” Won Woo asked, his tone an octave higher from being embarrassed. He had returned the favor to his boyfriend earlier, but he didn’t realize how noticable it was.

 

“It’s fine.” Mingyu chuckled, like he was brushing it of, like it was no big deal.

 

“No, it’s not! At least cover it up somehow… damn, I need to cover up mine too.”

 

“Alright!” Mingyu figured he should listen to Won Woo. He wouldn’t want to make him upset, it was clear he was embarrassed about it, even if Mingyu wasn’t, he should do something about it.

 

“You want to borrow a turtle neck of mine?” Won Woo asked.

 

“Borrow?” Mingyu repeated.

 

“Yeah, my clothes can probably still fit you.” He nodded after glancing at Mingyu’s torso for a second. He took him by the hand and led him back to his room and opened his closet. He found a cream colored turtleneck for Mingyu to put on and pick out one of his favorite black ones. “You can go change in the bathr-” he was saying until he turned around and saw Mingyu taking off his current shirt to put on the turtleneck he handed off a second ago. “What are you doing?!” Won Woo instantly turned away and covered his face with the black turtleneck.

 

“I’m not shy!” Mingyu laughed. “Sorry, I didn’t think it was an issue.”

 

“It’s not an issue…” Won Woo managed to say and avoided eye contact. He pointed towards his door, implying for him to leave so he can change. “It was just a surprise, that’s all.”

 

“I’ll be careful next time!” Mingyu said with a sheepish smile and left the room to give his shy boyfriend some privacy. “He’s so damn cute… my heart.” He whimpered in a whisper after shutting the door. Won Woo came out a moment later and Mingyu could tell the older was still blushing from before. “Let’s go!” The younger flashed him a cute smile and held his hand out towards him.

 

“Let’s go.” Won Woo managed a cute smile of his own and took his boyfriend’s hand. Then they were off.

 

...

 

The drive from campus to Min Ji’s house didn’t really take that long just like the girl hoped and they were already there and getting out of the cab. When Soo Min faced the house, she noticed a familiar car parked by the curb and stared for a moment before Min Ji snapped her out of it and dragged her to the front door.

 

“We’re here!” She called out from the front door. “Let’s go put our stuff up in my room.” She said over her shoulder to Soo Min while they took their jackets and shoes off. Just as they made it to the staircase, Min Ji’s older brother Wonho emerged from the living room to greet them.

 

“Hey girls,” he smiled. “Sorry, but mom’s stuck at work so she won’t be able to make dinner or be home for dinner either.”

 

“What?! The one time I get off early and she’s not here?” Min Ji looked sad and Soo Min felt bad for her. Like she mentioned to their classmates, their evening classes make it impossible to be home for dinner. Min Ji loves her family a lot, so of course something like this would get her down.

 

“It’s okay.” Wonho patted his sister on her shoulder before gesturing to the living room. “The guys brought dinner when I mentioned mom working late, we can still eat!”

 

“It’s not the same!” Min Ji blurted out before running up the stairs to escape. Soo Min was a bit shocked and so was Wonho before he apologized.

 

“No, it’s fine, I get it.” She assured him. “She’ll be fine once her stomach starts growling like crazy.” She added with a hint of a chuckle, she sounded like she was talking about herself in a sense.

 

“Hyungwon is here. Did you want to talk to him?” Wonho asked quietly and his tone was a bit serious just then, too.

 

“... in a bit.” She nodded. “I’ll go check on your sister for now.”

 

“Please do, I’d hate for the food to get cold.” Wonho gave Soo Min a few pats on her shoulder and a supportive smile before she started her way up the stairs. When he saw struggle on walking up the stairs with her bags, he chuckled and offered to help carry it up for her. The last thing he wanted was for Soo Min to fall down the stairs! “We’ll be waiting downstairs.”

 

“Thanks. Hopefully it won’t take too long.” Soo Min gave him a thumbs up before heading to Min Ji’s closed bedroom door. She waited a moment until Wonho was back downstairs and knocked. “Min Ji, it’s me.” She called out.

 

There was a few seconds of silence before footsteps came over and the door opened. Min Ji stepped aside to let Soo Min in with her head down, possibly because she was so upset and didn’t want her friend to see her that way. Soo Min put her bags down next to Min Ji’s before turning around and holding her arms open for a hug. “If you want to cry, go ahead. You shouldn’t keep it all inside, right?”

 

“Waaaah~!” Min Ji blurted out and tackled her friend with a tight hug and proceeded to sob onto her shoulder. “I’m sorry! I don’t mean to be such a crybaby about this!”

 

“It’s fine.” Soo Min patted her on the back. “I understand.”

 

“Do you?!” Her friend continued to sob. “I just feel so stupid… you obviously have more serious stuff going on in your family and here I am crying because my mom couldn’t make it home for dinner. I’m such a brat!”

 

“No, you’re not. You just really miss your mom, that’s all. You’re not a brat. You’re allowed to be upset, I mean c’mon, how cruel can fate be by letting you come home early and keeping your mom at work?”

 

“At least I have you here with me.” Min Ji pulled back to wipe her tears away. “Sometimes I don’t like being the only girl at the table!”

 

“Oh…” Soo Min almost laughed, because she was so used to being the only girl among her friends, she couldn’t really understand? “Well, I’m here for you, girl! Now, let’s go eat!”

 

“I don’t want to go down there right now... not like this!” Min Ji pouted.

 

“They’ll understand.”

 

“No! I’m embarrassed!” She turned away while covering her face.

 

“Uh… then what should we do?”

 

“Can you go get our servings? We’ll eat up here!” She peeked through her hands to see Soo Min looking pretty confused.

 

“But… what about eating with your brother?” The girl just got done crying over her mother not making it to dinner, surely she’d still want to eat with her brother?

 

“He has his friends, and I have mine. It’ll be okay, just this once…” Min Ji said with a forced smile.

 

“Okay.” Soo Min managed a small smile and turned to head downstairs. On her way down she started to think about how Min Ji reacted when she suggested they come down and eat with her brother and his friends. I guess a lot of girls are like that? She thought to herself. Usually I just don’t want others to worry about me if they see I’ve been crying. She doesn’t really feel embarrassed most of the time about her appearance. Maybe she’s being shy?

 

“She didn’t want to come eat with us?” Wonho frowned when he saw Soo Min return to the living room alone.

 

“Unfortunately.” She shook her head. “She wants to eat in her room.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Well… she cried, so I think she doesn’t want to show her face right now.”

 

“Is she okay?” She noticed Daniel looked more worried than the others and was so quick on asking.

 

“She’s fine.” Soo Min replied, because it was the truth.

 

“Awh, poor girl.” One of the others frowned, the blonde one, he looked troubled.

 

“Good.” Wonho was relieved.

 

“Here, I’ll make your plates then!” A familiar face spoke up and started to do just that. She recognized him to be Jeonghan and Jihoon’s classmate Kihyun. She also noticed Jooheon. She didn’t recognize the blonde, though, or the other quiet guy in the room besides her cousin Hyungwon.

 

“So, these are your other friends?” Soo Min asked to Wonho.

 

“Oh, right! You haven’t met all of them! Sorry! I guess I should introduce them.” He said and started to point and called their names. The new names she heard were Minhyuk and Shownu, since she already briefly met Kihyun and Jooheon earlier in the week.  

 

“Nice to meet you.” Soo Min bowed politely and they did the same.

 

“Someone should help carry this up, right?” Kihyun asked and was about to get up to volunteer, but right away Daniel said he would do it. There was a small grin that spread across the older’s lips like he knew something was up and Soo Min noticed that.

 

Not much else was said between her and the others and so she was already on her way back up to Min Ji’s room, Daniel followed close behind with the other serving of takeout food. The walk up was quiet… as usual when Soo Min was in Daniel’s presence, but she didn’t mind it to be honest. She didn’t have anything to say to him anyway. But what intrigued her was how quick he volunteered to help carry the food up to Min Ji’s room. Maybe he’s more comfortable around Min Ji since he hangs around her brother more often?

 

“Min Ji, I’m back but my hands are full, can you open the door?” Soo Min said after tapping her foot on the door. Once again, footsteps came over and the door opened and revealed Min Ji with her hair tied back and dressed in her PJs. She shrieked and quickly moved to hide behind the door once she noticed Daniel was standing there with Soo Min. … I think I know what’s going on now.

 

Soo Min stepped in and sat the plate she was holding down on the nearest surface before heading back to take the other serving from Daniel and thanked him. “No problem.” He said with a somewhat cute smile, and it seemed like it was from when he saw Min Ji… almost like when someone sees their crush. He left after Soo Min shut the door.

 

“So… I guess you and Daniel got some sort of crush on each other?”

 

“What?!” Min Ji blurted out. “I don’t know what you’re talking about?!” The girl added and avoided eye contact now.

 

“Right…” Soo Min said with suspiciously narrowed eyes. Just then, her phone buzzed next to her seat on Min Ji’s bed.

 

Jeonghan: Have you eaten yet?

 

She frowned reading that. She figured maybe he wanted to eat dinner together but…

 

Soo Min: I’m about to eat with Min Ji.

What about you?

 

Jeonghan: yoZg6P5IwxHv47bXh3G1FTfXcAEx9FHR0ZmeYX8pkryndJ1_f4b_eOKOJQfoBNhcoxIplb3kIx8Qq0mviUBalO77x0eY0CDz95VEDxv5n3ageOLBt6bSn98vQKc6UG-f3hloHcqg

Jeonghan: Oh… okay. Eat well!

 

Soo Min: Sorry!

Let’s eat lunch together tomorrow~!

Soo Min: LjgRHG86s0j6gsQWs9JraTxpAEGTuXGCA2QwuDMV2lN_ZOJFRm4gon4fNxh5buf9CC74qscqTG5LE1S7wTVh9yO_j3nQbjlRqWsPvLehwIFKcTNz-UpWsBACiJnPPk6VTUzvPe4o

 

Jeonghan: 6MPrJoG9tYi_Yl-n9B2OkYh37N_JxYVK59DSyT5Xw0rwqxBhx3r-NvigfUa5NxutpOJuTfF5iiL3etFNX7pxCtUgPSsRCyu18JC0Etx8wAJbo14_5cF6FwAqnzJ6a9Guw1rmRjdn

It’s a date!

 

Soo Min: It’s just lunch lol

 

Jeonghan: 8a7PrKgy9Zfdf3cYdK5RxoRU2QkPPVHeuGYyl9LpqAWwNCYA7H7xwpmxyjZD-QeIHIceagznmSJSUg8of_BAzgiQ5DzhydYWE-dEqPqefImmVcYiMOTDBGv2Sv_NlB0ufuYSv9XK

 

Soo Min: Wow, scary how accurate

that sticker represents you!

 

jspmzZtnltaHauMaaNwer0uonQQYT2ZxBYe1Nh3wOmAGmoCC-l6e4HSoA_SqMYyPUrJfz4CpJLp6_hxD35qa88c71xECYRZIYyXCYvjUQy0AGCKkxMGRcp1I0GuXSc4rbUcS4tmP

(LOL Reference)

 

Jeonghan: 9L834GCY2N1-VyV8c9toAjvOaHcpyplOQmX_2zgFqlXsWnEmQ-lRadiZSte_OlqvIjkHz86ie_Qv2_GHwBaDdQUf7GrcZ4l0fpucZBo0ikF6KuoMdeq6XJGHF2v8rcMR_vozEKjz

True.

 

Soo Min: (Sent a photo)

XXT-_zJYLYU1sETbZQCS1XEdu-y7TZNRYD9KvKBSMc0-QZAWfHu8lH_pWBUUSGUDquQbXgsF9fSx2P8JwqyKOexZydZSja-RJA-L7DyIuXH-kBSNrNcwrCq6jbQcP_fJKdCURf_N

Soo Min: See you tomorrow, babe.

Peace~!

 

Jeonghan: I told you to delete that photo a long time ago!

Why do you still have it?!

 

Soo Min: Because it’s y~!

Soo Min: jAk1hKcJ8QPhgzzEBs3FqTA2MSkTYn45S-LpKmhhtM35uqm4iYuSi0-VkJCf6nLNNakRPHZm3uYHVBnMGiJwVnr8Wy8u2WfV6P4Ofk75VW4R4zaw_HiKaySrfeaWVk5uRR4E3RMo

 

Jeonghan: … thanks.

Jeonghan:NTtrHF5Z3ljetdTkHLqEolpuYUJ-IAA2t1Zd08qc44QMfpF2XHYlqQFatkL8jm1-WF4J6XUCShTayzUCwkZDIdmeJjJv7UYzlDxoMi0UP-XJ12Y_sODoEZSvxyBFpurx3ktvns1U

 

Soo Min: I’m going to eat now!

You eat too! Later~!

 

Jeonghan: Up8qLm3HqimyfFukCpjuR8tNQ66VsWbsG4GKF22C6_5033XITg1MYczN8kj4IRy-CuIqqzAF44Ol-CThJ5JVHcbVCXnF2Mpnaxbhdg14bSoaaEStf2qrTfO0kZDkNGl6g6EoMtCC

Love you~❤

 

She smiled after seeing Jeonghan’s last text and texted the same back to him like always before she returned her attention to Min Ji who was watching her with narrowed eyes. “Your boyfriend?”

 

“Yup.” Soo Min nodded with a small chuckle. “So, about you and Danie-”

 

“Just eat!” Min Ji interrupted her and avoided eye contact once again, it was clear that she was flustered about it and Soo Min knew this was going to be a long evening since the guys were probably going to be there for a while. Speaking of which… she needed to talk to Hyungwon before he leaves. Maybe I’ll go back down in about an hour or so...

 

...

 

“Here.” Jihoon said after setting a fresh hot cup of tea down in front of Ren on the coffee table.

 

“Thanks.” He barely muttered out and just stared at the cup with his dejected expression. Jihoon placed his own cup of tea down a foot away from Ren’s and proceeded to sit down next to him on the couch. Then began the long silence between them.

 

Jihoon really wasn’t sure what to say or do without obviously upsetting the model all over again. He wanted to ask how he was feeling, but it was quite clear with his expressions that he was still pretty upset from his encounter with Soo Min this morning. If he suggested they do anything else, Ren would probably say no and that he just wasn’t in the mood for it. This is difficult… He thought to himself. How do I comfort him? He felt bad that he couldn’t do that much for his hurting friend.

 

“Did she tell you?” Ren’s voice broke the silence and Jihoon faced him. “Did she tell you about this morning?”

 

“Yeah, she did.” He nodded. “Sorry that it turned out that way.”

 

“It’s fine. I understand she was upset…”

 

“Despite I’ve only known her for five years now, I do know when she’s faced with something stressful, she backs away to collect herself. She doesn’t do very well with facing her problem or confronting people and starts to distance herself.” Jihoon explained and he could see Ren’s expression grow heavy in his peripheral vision. “… I’m sure this time it’s different. She still needs time, but I have a good feeling it’ll all be okay.”

 

“You really think so?” Ren asked with his gaze locked on his cup of tea. “This situation has been so sudden and intense. Sometimes I feel like I have regrets. Like maybe I shouldn’t have looked into it at all… but then I realize despite the pain I’m going through now, I know I’ll be much happier when things are settled compared to never knowing the truth. I would have went on living my life feeling like something was missing…”

 

“That’s why you shouldn’t regret too much, otherwise you’ll never be happy with any outcome. You never know if you’d be any happier if you went back in time to take the other route, chances are, you could be 10x more miserable than your first choice. You should always stick with your gut feeling and not second guess yourself too much because most likely the choices you make are all the right ones. It’s not always going to be easy, but that’s what makes you stronger in the end, right?”

 

“True… wise words from the talented composer.” Ren gave a cute snicker when Jihoon pouted at him. “You always know what to say when I’m upset.” He added and reached over to pat his younger friend on the head. Jihoon would normally smack his hand away, but just this one time, he allowed it. “Thanks.”

 

“No problem.” Jihoon managed a small smile for him. “So, have you eaten dinner yet?”

 

“Not much… my mom stopped by and gave me some food earlier but I wasn’t hungry…” Ren sighed, “I feel bad, she’s probably so worried about me now.”


“Of course she’s worried, even I’m worried…” Jihoon pouted at him.

 

“Sorry.” He gave a sheepish smile. “I’m feeling better now after talking with you. Dinner would be nice.”

 

“Then let’s order something.” Jihoon pulled out his phone and Ren started to pout. “What?”

 

“I thought you were going to cook for me!”

 

“Pssh, no way. Too much work.” Jihoon chuckled in reply. “There’s not much in the kitchen either, my mom hasn’t gone shopping yet.”

 

“Fine. Can we get pizza then? Extra cheese and breadsticks.” Ren asked with an adorable smile and it reminded Jihoon of Soo Min just then.

 

“Sure.” He grinned and made the order on his phone. “You can have your own cola, too.”

 

“Wah!” Ren looked like a little kid who got what he wanted and it made Jihoon laugh. At least he was in better moods compared to before when he was all gloomy and dejected on the front porch step. Things were going to be okay, in time.

 

...

 

“Hey~! Look who it is!” Seungkwan blurted out when Won Woo and Mingyu came down the chip aisle in the store. “Fancy seeing you two here!”

 

“What are you three doing here?” Mingyu asked a bit surprised, then he saw their shopping basket and frowned. “Did you think I wasn’t coming home tonight?!”

 

“Well, you never answered any of our texts! We have to eat you know!” Soonyoung defended his small group.

 

“Sorry, my phone must’ve still been charging when you texted, I didn’t turn it back on until we left his apartment.” Mingyu explained and gestured to Won Woo who stood there quietly with a shy laugh and a small wave.

 

“Oh, you kept it off while you were at your boyfriend’s place?” Seokmin suddenly grinned. “Didn’t want anyone interrupting the fun, is that it?” Soonyoung instantly joined his boyfriend’s teasing but regretted it when Mingyu came at them with his hand raised, he was ready to smack them and the two fled and he chased them, leaving Seungkwan and Won Woo alone.

 

“Sorry about that.” Seungkwan apologized with a sheepish laugh.

 

“It’s fine.” Won Woo assured him with a nervous smile. Memory of the last time he talked to Seungkwan alone surfaced in his head. At that moment, Seungkwan chuckled and Won Woo frowned. “What?” The tables have turned.

 

“Nothing… I’m just amused is all. Last time I was alone with you like this, you were just Mingyu’s friend. But now… you’re his boyfriend.” His words had Won Woo blushing now and he cooed at that. “Thank you, for making Mingyu happy again.” Seungkwan suddenly seemed emotional and Won Woo worried.

 

“Uh… are you okay?”

 

“I’m okay! Don’t worry!” Seungkwan waved his hand in the air while looking away and made sure no tears would fall. After seeing Mingyu’s ex earlier and then seeing Mingyu’s current boyfriend, it just made him feel so much because he remembers how sad and lonely his friend was until he met Won Woo… he’s been so much happier lately because of Won Woo and he just really noticed it today.

 

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Won Woo asked and Seungkwan noticed how much CLOSER he had gotten to him when he looked back. He even reached out and rested a hand on his arm like he was trying to comfort him and that just made Seungkwan think of how Mingyu said Won Woo was a quiet and closed off person when they first met… look at him now!

 

Seungkwan’s tears finally fell and he tackled Won Woo with a tight hug and almost started to sob. Poor Won Woo was so shocked and didn’t know what to do, but he returned the hug because he didn’t want Seungkwan to feel even worse if he didn’t try to comfort him. He looked around the aisle while Seungkwan cried into his shoulder since he was taller and wondered where Mingyu and his other two friends were, if they were ever coming back?! “Uhm? I don’t know why you’re crying… but I hope you’ll feel better soon.” Won Woo muttered once the younger’s tears died down. “I’m sure everything will be okay…”

 

“You’re right, even if things seem bad, it’ll be okay in the end.” Seungkwan pulled back and wiped his tears quickly. “And someone is always going to be there for you in the end, remember that.”

 

Won Woo paused and thought about what he said. Is that true? He wondered. Will someone always be there for me in the end? It was such an intense thought that soon he felt something warm slide down his cheek. It was a tear… he was starting to cry. There were too many thoughts that related to those words, like… how Soo Min has always been there for him. How Jeonghan was there for him. Jisoo was there for him, too. Jihoon and Seungcheol. Junhui and Chan. Soo Min’s parents. His friend Daniel. Even Ren, despite they haven’t known each other for long… And lastly… his parents. They might not have been the best at being there, but they were still there. For a while he’s thought maybe all he had was Soo Min and Jihoon there for him, but he’s had everyone there for the longest time, he just never really thought about that until now.

 

“Won Woo?” Suddenly he was snapped out of it when he heard Mingyu’s voice. He looked over at him and could see the worry on his face while he wiped one of his tears for him. “What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing.” He shook his head and quickly wiped the rest of his own tears away. He noticed Mingyu’s friends leaving down the aisle, like they were given a task by Mingyu to go fetch something while he tended to Won Woo and he was a little glad since he decided to give Mingyu the biggest hug ever.

 

“W-What is it?!” Mingyu was surprised but returned the hug right away.

 

“Can’t I just hug my boyfriend without explaining myself?” Won Woo pulled back a bit to look up at him with a cute pout.

 

“Of course! Sorry I asked!” Mingyu chuckled and held him close. He noticed Won Woo staring up at him with a loving gaze and it started to make him a bit shy and nervous since they were in a public setting, but it didn’t seem like many people were coming down the aisle anytime soon. “What is it now? Er, I mean… uh…” Mingyu stuttered and Won Woo chuckled.

 

“Nothing, just kiss me.” He said softly and got on the tips of his toes to get CLOSER to his boyfriend’s lips. Mingyu happily leaned forward and locked his lips with Won Woo’s and they shared a loving kiss until Won Woo was the first to pull back and yelped in pain. “My leg!”

 

“What?! What?!” Mingyu panicked.

 

“I think I pulled my calf muscle…” Won Woo bent over to rub the back of his leg.

 

“You have to be more careful!” Mingyu frowned.

 

“How can I when my boyfriend is as tall as the empire state building!” Won Woo snickered. “I’m okay, it’s not that bad. Let’s go before your friends leave without us.” He added and took a hold of Mingyu’s hand, being sure to interlock their fingers.

 

Mingyu happily followed after him. He wasn’t sure what happened between Seungkwan and Won Woo while he was chasing his friends around the store, why Won Woo was crying just then and why he didn’t really answer him when he asked what was wrong… and he also didn’t understand why he was suddenly so affectionate with him in public. Maybe I don’t always have to question everything… as long as Won Woo was okay, seeing Won Woo smiling while they walked hand in hand to catch up with Mingyu’s friends sure looked like he was okay for sure.

 

When the two reunited with his friends at the checkout line, Mingyu was quick to scold them for adding more junk food into the shopping cart while he was with Won Woo. It was just like the mother scolding her kids for the same reason two checkout lines down and he laughed.

 

...

 

“So, what were you doing for your midterm project again?” Min Ji asked after they finished eating. They pulled out their laptops to work on their projects shortly after and she let Soo Min use her desk while she sat on her own bed with crossed legs.

 

“A digital portrait.” Soo Min answered.

 

“Of who?”

 

“Mingyu.” She smiled. She remembered earlier when Mingyu asked Won Woo on a sudden date and wondered how things went after that, if they were still together or if Won Woo was at the apartment alone. That thought made her sad, but she quickly told herself that she knew Mingyu would have either stayed or invited Won Woo out for dinner. Her gut feeling was telling her that.

 

“Who’s Mingyu?” Min Ji seemed confused by that name.

 

“Won Woo’s boyfriend-” she was saying until she covered . Min Ji looked surprised and there was a hint of rejection in her face. “Sorry.” She said after a moment of silence
 

“No, it’s okay.” The other girl assured her and returned her gaze back to her laptop screen. “I had no idea, but I’m glad he’s happy… right?”

 

“Did you like him?” Soo Min felt horrible!

 

“Eh, I guess.” Min Ji gave a sad laugh. “But then again, I liked all your friends, even your boyfriend when we first met, remember? You just have so many attractive guys around you, it’s not fair!” She said with a playful pout. “None of them are going to be single anymore by the time the semester is over, huh?”

 

“I’m not sure.” Soo Min shrugged. “You should really speak up if you like someone, you know, otherwise you’ll miss your chance.”

 

“You’re right.” Min Ji said with a defeated sigh and shut her laptop before falling back onto her bed. Min Ji didn’t really have much luck when it came to the guys she liked. They were always out of her league or taken. But that didn’t mean she didn’t have any boyfriends during high school, it’s just been awhile so it’s been hard for her to approach guys.

 

“Don’t worry, you’ll find someone eventually, just focus on school for now.” Soo Min said with a small smile hoping it would help.

 

“You’re right. School first, guys last.” She said with determination now, it was kind of funny and Soo Min giggled.

 

“Speaking of guys…”

 

“Stop!” Min Ji whined. “Don’t do this to me!”

 

“No!” Soo Min laughed. “I was going to say I need to go talk to my cousin downstairs. Relax, I won’t say anything to Daniel, he gets so shy around me anyway so don’t worry.”

 

“Good! I’ll just work on my project until you’re back, I guess.”

 

“Yeah, don’t slack off while I’m gone!” Soo Min teased and got up to leave the room. It seemed so easy leaving the room but once she got to the stairs, she hesitated. She didn’t know how she was going to approach him or what she’d say to him if he wasn’t the first to speak.

 

“Soo Min?” She heard his familiar voice and noticed him standing at the bottom of the staircase looking up at her with a worried look on his face. “Can we talk?”

 

“Yeah…” She nodded and started to make her way down.

 

“Let’s talk outside.” He suggested and gestured to the front door.

 

“Sure.” She nodded again and followed him. She slipped on her jacket while they were stepping outside and he led her to his car. It was a bit chilly this evening so he invited her to sit with him in his car. This way it was a little more private and no one could really eavesdrop on them this way either. It became silent fairly quick, but Hyungwon managed to be the first to speak.

 

“Junhui told me what happened this morning… when you came to the campus.”

 

“Oh…” well, she wasn’t mad, she was actually glad that Junhui was keeping her cousin informed. It made things a bit easier now.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“I’m not sure.” She simply shrugged. “It’s just… taking time for me to process. I didn’t expect Won Woo to be a part of this whole mystery…”

 

“I guess that was a shock.”

 

“Will there be anymore other shocks?” She asked and looked at him with that dejected expression. “How much have they been hiding from us?” It became silent between them, as expected and she sighed.

 

“I know it’s been difficult, but you’ll have to be patient. You’ll get your answers soon enough.” He said and gently patted her on her shoulder.

 

“What about you? You’ve known all this time… how do you feel about it now?” She asked with her eyes locked onto the dashboard in front of her. It was clear he hadn’t expected her to ask that and he struggled on his reply.

 

“I feel… guilty.” He admitted. “I feel like I made selfish choices.”

 

“Selfish choices?” She repeated and looked his way. “Like what?”

 

“Like not telling you anything and keeping my distance from you, because I was afraid I’d say something I shouldn’t. So I avoided you a lot and caused this… awkward rift between us.”

 

Soo Min wasn’t sure what to say in reply to that other than a small sorry. “I think I can understand.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah… I tend to distance myself when it comes to stressful things… like even now. When Ren told me what he knew, I just said I wouldn’t believe it until there’s more proof and left him alone at his house. And when I talked to Min Ji about it she said something that made some sense to why I was so upset about it… and now I didn’t want to face Won Woo either and came here to spend the night… away from it all.”

 

“Well, if it helps you calm down and figure things out, it’s not so bad… is it?”

 

“Exactly, it helps.” She nodded. “I still haven’t thought about what I’m going to do when tomorrow comes. But I suppose I shouldn’t rush it.”

 

“Just take it easy for now… you’re starting to look unwell.” He pointed out and patted her cheek with the back of his fingers. “I know I haven’t been the best cousin in the world… I’m sorry. But I’m here for you whenever you need it, so remember that, alright?”

 

“Thanks.” A small smile spread across her lips, she knew he was genuine about it and appreciated it. “I guess there’s no use in trying to ask you about the affair again… you won’t answer me, will you?”

 

“... what’s your question?” Hyungwon asked calmly. His expression gave her the idea that maybe he’d answer one question at least and she thought about what she should ask. This one question opportunity is important.

 

“Well… at Ren’s house, he told me the story that his adoptive mother Rina told him, and how my father might be his father. Is that true?” She was ready for Hyungwon to not answer that question given how silent he got, but just as she was going to look away in disappointment, he nodded. He didn’t say anything, he just simply nodded… and that was enough to confirm it. “I see.” This time, she didn’t feel many negative emotions, mostly just relief or closure. Hyungwon definitely knew a lot about the situation because of his father, so she wasn’t going to doubt his response, she’d accept this answer. This legitimate answer.

 

“You have a half brother named Minki. He was born November 3rd, 1995 in Busan. He loves fashion and Lady Gaga, as you already know. He’s very kind and outgoing and loves to make people smile. His favorite foods are pasta and kimchi stew. He really likes beauty products and taking care of his skin. And he’s always wanted siblings of his own to play with his whole life.” Hyungwon blurted out everything he knew about Ren the second he saw Soo Min start to smile.

 

“Pasta, huh?” She seemed a little surprised at that. “Must’ve gotten that from our… dad.”

 

“Most likely.” He nodded with a light chuckle.

 

“Well, I haven’t really searched that much up about Ren before, but does he also have an adoptive father?”

 

“No.”

 

“He doesn’t? Why? Did Rina split up with them while he was young or something?”

 

“He never had an adoptive father, ever. “ Hyungwon explained. “Choi Rina… has never really been in a relationship publicly or privately. She’s just not very fond of romantic relationships and never pursued it. She loves to work, she’s a workaholic to be honest.”

 

“Oh… I’m not sure I get it?” She frowned.

 

“Do you know the terms, aual and aromantic?”

 

“Oh. Okay, now I get it.” She nodded. “That’s interesting.”

 

“She loves kids, and so when Ren was born, her best friend gave him to her because she knew Rina would probably never have the chance to make a family of her own later on if she became too obsessed with her work. It seemed like the right time for Rina to raise a child before she loses herself and loses balance in her busy life. Hye Won loved that child a lot, even though it was difficult to make that choice, she knew Rina would love and cherish him just as much as she would have if she kept him.” Hearing her cousin tell her all of this made her feel a bit emotional, naturally. “Hye Won loves both of her sons to the moon and back, but unfortunately when your mother found out about the affair and about Ren being born, it really caused tension between them and Hye Won felt incredibly guilty. And so… she found a job opening overseas and took it. It seems like she punished herself for it and distanced herself away from Won Woo, since she was distanced from Ren. She must’ve felt like it wasn’t fair… but her own selfish choices probably have caused a negative impact on Won Woo who had no idea what was going on in the first place. Right?”

 

“Yes… he’s felt like he did something wrong and that’s why they left him.”

 

“It seems like people tend to make irrational decisions when they’re under a lot of stress. I can understand that to a degree, but I just don’t understand why they’ve kept this all a secret for so long? Could all of this really gone unnoticed until the very end?”

 

“Maybe… if we had never met.” Soo Min said with a sad smile.

 

“Regardless of how everything played out… I’m glad you and Won Woo met Ren. Because family deserve to be together.” He said softly and reached for her hand to give it a tight squeeze.

 

“That’s true.” She gave his hand a small squeeze in return. “So don’t be a stranger anymore!”

 

“I won’t!” He chuckled at her cute pout.

 

“I don’t know what will happen after this… but I hope our families can be CLOSER in the end. Lately it feels like everyone is becoming strangers, I want it to stop.”

 

“I understand. Something’s has to change. It doesn’t seem like your parents will come clean on their own will, you might have to confront them.”

 

“I might just do that… but not now, there’s too much going on.”

 

“You should get through midterms first, and when you’re ready, I’ll be there on your side, okay?”


“Thanks.” She really appreciated his effort this time compared to last time when he said it just wasn’t any of his business to be saying anything. “Should we go back inside now?”

 

“Sure, it’s getting cold.” He nodded quickly and opened his door.

 

 

“Can you tell me a little more about Won Woo and Soo Min?” Ren asked shortly after he and Jihoon were done eating their dinner. “Like, when are their birthdays? Did I already miss them?”

 

“Yeah.” Jihoon nodded and Ren immediately frowned. “Won Woo’s is July 17th and Soo Min’s is September 8th, 1996.”

 

“Right, they’re your age.” He nodded and gave a thumbs up. “Do you know their favorite foods?”

 

“Won Woo likes cheeseburgers and Soo Min likes pasta and pizza.”

 

“We’re definitely related!” Ren chuckled. “Their favorite colors?”

 

“They both like blue… but they also like black, even though black is just a shade.” Jihoon muttered obnoxiously at the end, because he remembered how Soo Min corrected him and laughed.

 

“True, it’s a shade but everyone keeps referring to is as a color so it’s fine!” Ren assured his flustered friend. “In one of my art classes, we were taught about colors and how they’re made up by pigmented powders and liquids. I find it strange how you can make the shade black out of a pigmented powder yet it’s not considered a color? I know colors are just what’s reflecting from the spectrum of light and so the shade black doesn’t really reflect any light from the color spectrum but… hey, are you listening to me?” He stopped and pouted at Jihoon who was just staring at him with a blank expression.

 

KnbEMLSsjOcKAZ341g-B_2AptOS_HAJEAPvq3gkXQBM53BFpiXQ_-1NT5bWMbPAImgx9gPRVvwyCQmQFEicl7Q35cG00RJSeAwSY5tzRd76DiNkZEMqb5P6rZU21UwkzGmKVs4el

 

“... sorry.” He snapped out of it with a sheepish laugh. “You lost me at art classes.”

 

“I bet if I was talking about notes on a scoreboard you’d listen!” Ren continued to pout.

 

“Sorry! Art terms just seem too complicated to for me, but I promise I’ll learn about it more in the future!”

 

“It’s fine. Don’t worry about it.” Ren laughed at Jihoon’s cute expression. “Have you thought about coloring your hair?” He ask and fluffed up the blonde’s hair. “I didn’t even notice that you grew your hair out! Wah… were you inspired by a certain someone?” He added and pointed at himself.

 

“No, I just haven’t had time to get it cut is all.”


“Wow… the epitome of lazy.” Ren’s expression flatlined. “Well, you should make some time and go get a fun color! I’ll even go with you!”

 

“When?” Jihoon was actually considering it.

 

“Maybe during fall break, you know, just so you don’t distract your classmates during midterms next week.”

 

“Definitely wouldn’t want that.” Jihoon gave a small laugh, he thought that would have been funny though.

 

“Will you get it cut, too?”

 

“I suppose. I don’t mind it this length, but it does take more effort just so it doesn’t look weird or like complete .” He muttered while tugging on the back of his own pony tail. “How did you manage to grow yours out so long without getting frustrated?”

 

“Easy… extensions.” Ren said with a sheepish smile. Jihoon stared at him for a moment and Ren brought his hand up to the top of his head to pull up a piece of hair that was much shorter than the rest of his hair. It was about five to six inches and was still considerably long since it reached the tips of his ears. “I missed my long locks after chopping it all of a few months ago, so I got extensions. I thought about trying out this longer style for a bit. Crazy how I ended up meeting Soo Min and then she got mistaken as me by the paparazzi… just because of hair.”

 

“Damn, it looks so real!” Jihoon snickered and reached out to touch it.

 

“Good. That’s what I wanted.” Ren chuckled. “I might keep them for a few more weeks, I’m not sure yet.”

 

“It suits you really well.”

 

“Thanks, your hair suits you really well, too.” Ren smiled in reply. Then his phone buzzed on the coffee table. He leaned over to pick it up and saw it was a text from Baekho asking where he went off to. “I suppose I should get going.”

 

“Really?” Jihoon frowned. “You can spend the night if you want?”

 

“Thanks, I appreciate the offer, but it’s so sudden and I don’t want to burden you. Besides, there are some things I have to do early in the morning. But another time, okay? We’ll make it eventful like old times with movies and snacks.”

 

“Okay.” Jihoon looked adorable just then with his cute pouting and Ren just ruffled his hair.

4Hs7NA-H8qGBrykFi9UdPtAI9w76W0DJs_TyzCKyTWUxg-sYgesWOxOiBBB7fpwzA1UQBxyzpV5Qwn_i_55e2DnyC2YXgtyfZkEHDPWQVtF9bBWufazawlRru1FEVdJz0MDpHzlJ

“Goodnight, Woozi.”

JQEpqDspbhoyurDz2XV266WZ64zrKysIwJHEqONIFOpdq3mzGMr3IClXc3HVCxSrHSTy2tZk3K42xRRCNPW7OFcLfYu0RsFnYQMPKMibjRcr0Y9akqAVOWO_NELUFUNNYSALZZXj

“Goodnight, Ren.”

 

...

 

Won Woo had stayed out of the kitchen when Mingyu made dinner, Seokmin volunteered to help and so he was left with Seungkwan and Soonyoung in the living room. He was a bit nervous at first since he didn’t really have any idea what to talk about with Mingyu’s friends. He hasn’t really talked to them that much before until now and he felt bad, but both Seungkwan and Soonyoung made it easy on him and the TV and they watched a drama together. Won Woo had to snicker quietly to himself since this was basically his third time watching dramas today. The events in the episode struck up some commentary from Mingyu’s friends and Won Woo listened to them and nodded here and there to let them know he was listening and eventually he started to join the conversation. It wasn’t so bad now that they had a topic to talk about and Won Woo felt like he was doing a great job in the socializing department.

 

There were a few times when he saw Mingyu peek out of the kitchen entrance to check on them and he was sure Mingyu was happy to see him talking with his friends. At some point in the drama, there was a family secret about to be revealed and it got Won Woo thinking about his own situation with his parents and Ren. His mood started to die down a bit and both Seungkwan and Soonyoung noticed it. They weren’t sure what to say or do to help him out, but at least dinner was ready by then and the topic changed.

 

Mingyu could tell Won Woo seemed a bit bothered while they ate and he was sure it had to do with the ongoing issue about his parents and Ren. There wasn’t much he could do at the time, but he definitely thought to talk to him about it after they’re done eating for sure. And that time came sooner than later. He invited Won Woo outside to get some fresh air and left his friends inside to watch on of their favorite shows that they’ve been waiting all evening for. This gave the couple more privacy since the trio of friends were occupied with their show.

 

The two headed down to the parking lot and made their way out for a small walk around the block. It was quiet between them and they were walking side by side, but Won Woo had his hands stuffed into his jacket pockets, there was no opportunity for Mingyu to hold his hand, unless he straight up asked him. He felt like maybe he should talk to him before he tries to get close to him again when he’s in a bad mood. “Won Woo?” He spoke after they turned around the corner down the street from his apartment complex.

 

“Sorry.” Won Woo apologized immediately and stopped walking. He turned to face his boyfriend and he looked so dejected. “I don’t know why I’m having so many ups and downs today? It’s getting me frustrated.”


“Do you want to talk about it?” Mingyu felt like it was a good time to reach out and rub Won Woo’s arm for comfort. “You don’t have to if you don’t want, that’s fine.”

 

“I’m not really sure what to say?” Won Woo sighed. “I just don’t feel right. Earlier when I said Soo Min wasn’t coming home I tried not to stress about it because... It wasn’t Soo Min who told me that, it was Jihoon. And he told me she didn’t say where she was going and it sounded like she wasn’t responding to him and he said Jeonghan would let him know if he gets a hold of her and-” Won Woo let out a longer sigh this time and took a moment to compose himself. “I just don’t know what’s going on anymore. I have a feeling what it might be, but I just don’t like how I’m in the dark. I tried not to think about it too much but there’s so many things that keep making me think about it. I know Soo Min was with Ren earlier today… because we met up with them at that cafe. Things seemed like they were fine then, but now she’s not coming home, Jihoon barely told me anything when he texted me other than she wasn’t coming home and hasn’t heard from her… I’m worried that something bad happened between her and Ren. I wanted to text them, but I also didn’t want to ruin my time with you and I felt like I shouldn’t bother them either until later.”

 

“It’s fine. You should have just told me, I would’ve understood.” Mingyu said and took a step CLOSER to wrap his arms around Won Woo. He looked like he was in need of a hug. “If something is bothering you, you should speak up so you don’t have to suffer so much like this…”

 

“I know.” Won Woo muttered into Mingyu’s shoulder. “I just didn’t want to look like I can’t handle being separated from Soo Min… even though that’s not the case right now. I’m just worried about her since she didn’t personally text me about her not coming home tonight. It seems unusual because she always tells me everything…”

 

“I can see how that would bother you. I’m sure there’s a reason for that. Assuming something happened between her and Ren, maybe she just needed time away to collect herself?”

 

“But where at? She’s not with Jihoon, or Jeonghan…”

 

“You said Jeonghan would let Jihoon know if he got a hold of her? Why don’t you text and ask if he got a hold of her yet?” Mingyu parted from their small embrace and gave him room to pull out his phone to do just that. He waited patiently while Won Woo sent the text and waited for a reply.

 

Jeonghan: I knew I was forgetting something, damn!

She got back to me, said she was eating with her

friend Min Ji from class earlier. I suppose maybe

she’s also staying the night there, too? I know she’s

spent the night there a few times before in the past.

 

Won Woo: She has.

Thanks for letting me know.

 

Jeonghan: KlNaAs_3dGiResQ2Wm9-LEAsQ5WdyRMAl8EW9GwBRgfu9mc0XNomDOj2bMNummW2ZoJ58obNtqMqrfu6QJWtZVVZOyLQNAZYL7mq0IAW7KaPgP6umYKrTJS2rQ-ggKRqrVMqf2D7

No problem!

 

Won Woo: NHaia_efUcCJ-KPwasSZen76ImtKcsupbKHGFjCgDHFV23uNeuNTjdh7GT2o0lwV4INJpYnt2FjKeBvxik3E6nbEQrIlaOne8-gNAIMHyISyBvQcfi6eYVhPTQt39v2W64Faqt61

 

“So… she’s at Min Ji’s place.” Won Woo broke the short silence.

 

“Min Ji?” Mingyu asked with a hint of confusion.

 

“One of her classmates.” Won Woo explained. “Maybe they’re helping each other with their mid term projects or something… I know Min Ji helps Soo Min when she starts to fall behind in class.”

 

“That’s nice!” Mingyu smiled and Won Woo nodded with a small smile of his own. “Do you feel better now that you know where she is?”

 

“Yeah. I guess I’ll just have to wait and talk to her tomorrow, I wouldn’t want to bother her if she’s working on her project.” Won Woo sighed now that he thought about going home to an empty apartment.

 

“You should go home and rest. Don’t stress about it too much… I don’t want you to get sick! You’re looking a bit pale today, I feel guilty that I didn’t notice until now… I’m sorry.”

 

“You don’t need to be sorry.” Won Woo frowned. “But I’ll listen to you. I’ll go home and rest.” He managed a weak smile and held his hand out towards his boyfriend. “Will you walk with me there?”

 

“Of course!” Mingyu happily took his hand and started to walk with him down the sidewalk together. “Things will be okay, don’t worry. I’m here for you, and so is everyone else.”

 

“Thank you…” Won Woo said softly and did what he could to not let the tears surface again. He really was happy to hear that and to know he truly isn’t alone anymore, even if he was heading to an empty apartment tonight.

 

The walk to WooMin’s shared apartment didn’t take long and the couple didn’t talk much on the way there, Won Woo was pretty tired out from his eventful day with his boyfriend and Mingyu understood that. Walking hand in hand was enough for them. “Text me tomorrow and let me know what’s up, okay?” Mingyu asked after giving Won Woo a tight hug.

 

“Okay.” Won Woo nodded. “Get home safely, and get to work safely later and then get home safely after work and... Just be safe.” He pouted.

 

“I will! Don’t worry.” Mingyu grinned. “Goodnight, Won Woo.”

 

“Goodnight, Mingyu.” He gave a genuine smile this time and leaned forward to meet Mingyu halfway for a sweet goodnight kiss. Mingyu waved and left Won Woo at the building entrance who watched him leave feeling a bit bittersweet. Relax, you’re a grown man. He scolded himself in his thoughts. He’s slept in the apartment by himself a few times before, this wasn’t a first! He quickly made his way up to his floor and was surprised to see someone was standing in front of their door, waiting. “Ren?”

 

“Oh, so no one was home?” Ren said with a sheepish smile. “Sorry.”

 

“No, it’s fine.” Won Woo assured him and hurried over to open the door. It was getting cold now that the sun had set. “How long were you waiting?”

 

“Not long.” Ren said but his flushed cheeks and arms hugging his coat tighter to his body said otherwise.

 

“Come inside! I’ll make you some tea.” Won Woo opened the door and gestured for him to follow inside. When he turned around to shut the door, he saw Ren didn’t enter and stood there with a slight dejected expression. “Soo Min isn’t here tonight.” He pointed out and he could see his expression drop even more. “Did you want to talk to her?”

 

“Well…” Ren suddenly didn’t know what to say and he felt guilty. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to bother you. I just…” and soon the tears started to surface and threatened to fall. “I also wanted to talk to you, Won Woo.”

 

“Sure. Come inside already!” Won Woo teased and stepped over to grab him by the arm and dragged him in. “You’re going to catch a cold at this rate! Damn, so reckless… just like Soo Min.” Even though he was saying it in a teasing manner, Ren could hear the sadness in his tone.

 

“I’m sorry!” Ren blurted out and caught a few of his tears that finally fell.

 

“It’s fine! Just come sit over here, I’ll get you a warm blanket and then start the tea.” Won Woo really tried to keep it together, it was clear and Ren felt so bad.

 

Once Won Woo gave Ren a blanket, he left to prepare their hot tea. Ren did his best to collect himself in the meantime, he didn’t want to waste Won Woo’s time if he just sat there crying. At this point his siblings must think he’s the biggest cry baby on the planet, he seems to always cry when he’s around them! A moment later, Won Woo returned to the living room with a small tray with their tea. “Careful, it’s pretty hot.” Won Woo mentioned when Ren reached for his serving.

 

“What did you put in it? Lava?!” Ren frowned when he retracted his hand at the speed of light, the ceramic was piping hot and enough to almost burn his poor delicate fingers.

 

“Wow.” Won Woo couldn’t help but laugh at Ren’s reaction. “You’re just impatient! Let it cool for a minute, will you?”

 

“Fine. Okay!” Ren pouted and covered himself with the blanket once again, he looked like a little kid doing that and Won Woo smiled. It reminded him of the times Soo Min would sit on the couch like that watching TV during the winter and pouting because her hot cocoa was too hot to drink. Now he frowned. He didn’t want to always be reminded of Soo Min whenever Ren does anything, Ren is his own person, Ren should be remembered as Ren. “Thanks for the tea.”

 

“No problem.” Won Woo didn’t realize how much time passed just then and Ren was already done with his cup of tea while Won Woo’s was ice cold sitting on the coffee table in front of them.

 

There was an intense silence that ensued after that and both of them felt anxious about what the other might say next. Won Woo didn’t know if Ren was going to ask about Soo Min? And Ren didn’t know if Won Woo was going to ask about Soo Min as well? In the end, Ren was the first to speak and he mentioned about earlier this morning, about his talk with Soo Min and how it ended. Won Woo had a feeling something like that happened and she was just really stressed out… but he wasn’t understanding why she didn’t come straight to him about it? Why she’s avoiding him? “I’m sorry.” Ren apologized when Won Woo mentioned his thoughts about it. “I didn’t mean to cause this kind of drama…”

 

“It’s okay.” Won Woo assured him. “We’ll know in time… but wow. It’s really true then?”

 

“Right… I showed her the picture of my biological mother that my adoptive mother gave me. Do you believe it, or do you need to see it too?”

 

“You can show me.” Won Woo said calmly and waited for Ren to pull it up on his phone. When he saw the image of his own mother on the screen, it was bittersweet. Bitter because of this big secret finally coming to light and sweet because it’s been awhile since he looked at his mother’s photo. “Wow, I can see where we got our good looks from.” He managed a small chuckle.

 

“I can see it too.” Ren joined him, though his laughter was much quieter. “Do you… happen to have a photo of Soo Min’s father?” He added with a hint of hesitation.

 

“Yeah, I do. Hold on…” Won Woo got up from the couch and headed back to his room. He was going to bring out one of his photo albums to show him every picture he had in his possession of his parents and Soo Min’s parents. Even Jihoon’s parents… because they were all close at one point and always took photos together. “Go ahead and look through it. They all have labels so it shouldn’t be that confusing.”


“Thanks.” Ren gave a worrisome smile and accepted the photo album from him. When he opened it, he smiled. The first few pages were of Won Woo when he was a baby. It was too adorable! Then there were pictures of Soo Min when she was a baby as well. And even Jihoon! “Wow, this is the first time I’ve ever seen Jihoon as a baby…”

 

“Really?” Won Woo snickered. “He doesn’t know I have these, so don’t say anything, okay?” He added and held his finger up to his lips. “His mom let me have them when I told her I made a photo album of me and my friends.”

 

“That’s cute! His mom is so sweet. She was always so nice when I came over.” Ren chuckled and thought of those fond memories. He flipped through a few more pages and he started to see the childhood photos of both Won Woo and Soo Min. Once again, it was adorable! He couldn’t help but feel bittersweet about it. He should have been with them from the start… but unfortunately that wasn’t what happened.

 

He continued on looking through the album and saw photos of a young Jeonghan and even asked about it. He was amazed how he and Soo Min ended up together after growing up, Won Woo even told him the small rival relationship they two had before high school, even his own rivalry with Jeonghan up to this day! “Sounds a lot like me and Aron.” Ren pointed out and Won Woo agreed instantly.

 

Towards the end of the album is where Won Woo had most of the photos of the parents. Ren really took the time to study all of their faces… in case he ever spots them out in public, he’d know. And he’s just been so curious ever since he started to learn the truth. What did his mother look like? What did his father look like? And… what did their significant other look like? “Wow.” Ren muttered once he saw how much Soo Min resembled her father, their father.

 

“Are you okay?” Won Woo noticed Ren looked overwhelmed suddenly.

 

“I’m fine.” He closed the album and handed it back to Won Woo. “Thanks for letting me look at it.”

 

“No problem. There’s more, but you can look at them another time.”

 

“I’d like that.” Ren smiled at that idea. He hoped he could look at those with Soo Min and Jihoon around next time. “I should get going now.”

 

“Already?” Won Woo didn’t mean to sound upset when he said that but he couldn’t help it. “I mean… it’s late, you should go home and rest. You’ll probably get sick if you don’t.” He added and got up to follow Ren to the front door.

 

“You’re right… but let’s visit again real soon, okay?” Ren said after putting his shoes on and turned to face him. “Goodnight, brother.” He gave a small wave but was surprised when Won Woo grabbed him into a tight hug.

 

“Goodnight, brother.” Won Woo said before parting. “Get home safely and don’t stay up too late.”

 

“I’m the older one between us, I should be saying that!” Ren couldn’t help but laugh and Won Woo laughed as well because he agreed.

 

“I’m used to being the oldest, sorry.” Won Woo apologized. He was referring to him and Soo Min. “But really… take it easy. Please don’t get sick.”

 

“I won’t, don’t worry. You do the same, alright?” Ren gave him a gentle pat on the arm. “I’ll text you tomorrow, alright? Goodnight~!” He had a little more energy in his tone that time and it was nice, Won Woo was starting to worry about sending him home in a bad mood, at least he was in a better mood now.

 

“Night.” Won Woo said after Ren stepped out into the cold night. He waited until Ren was gone down the hallway before shutting the door and face his empty and lonely apartment. That was nice. He didn’t want to think negative thoughts while alone and quickly tried to think of happy thoughts. Falling asleep tonight would be difficult with his chaotic mind, but he had to at least try.


Chapter forty-one~!

 

uSX0R0B3LcqRpCq1q5_mTQf8kmZDrYI0CeihwzPmkY4JI1xT-9FtFhv-ImaaOt98nwoMBq5fracAWrMf2h5dEs7zmN1wM6SGIncycBqBrTHkxgg3R2Sx8qxR7RcKVOmHszo_QK1Z

Hello~!

cG4f06kiN8RRi1NRvCK04o9UdPqYYLHB5JiohdxKxJlLu9PecYQgdHbkq8ZlX4pgOVc8dTW1Vb5ygS80CnlJbbNauIjlt_3THY6P3Q4vxKIVMQDKz5gKv_X88oxLvs6alk1I_VnG

Long time no updates. Sorry~!

Just been a rough couple of months trying to get back into the swing of things after that Twitter drama, and then drama with my health... I go seriously sick again and am finally better and functioning again x.x

KbNPcWXHUB2u7gy57nyX4v4vZzGzAuCgM38Ombv9AtK485mcadd4j7df6-An4nOzuB6MjBAcW8_rzvpjB2Glnc2ph7XZFRaw3OYrWJw6lwIckoBv2ycJwMGjZo5Y2F1fNE5siEfb

A lot's been going on, but that's life for you.

jxgRny7FUkpCKWaL6uyxDWW-bcxIMXVAlmutpkk0yeiopuJPjIXdfsSVkG4qWnQHJwOd4q6aLnOsZDO3bKH9FW5FiF6XUMv-YoAjXGuazN99DE3CJoW5F24hovqwbHPH0CdcKw_v

The new year is coming, I'm hoping I can post more in the new year and get back into it again~!

I hope everyone can be patient with me like always OTL I promise to do better!

6Wo4E_WvDkyDeVrBafD4wEwe220ygg0N0Ik_UI3Da7zJkl1ueXBHk8z7caehlMih0HoOgJnJieQTfRW_YlmOYYfok1U0zbqTbjZHwMLY-Bg5ObHC2exoBBZ0EjLY_pIK66WCBnUO

Got a lot that’s coming up! Be ready lol

(Bit from the last time I posted) 

I just want to apologize to Ren’s character for making him suffer so much, I’m truly sorry! I feel so bad! I even cried here and there for you! Even though this is a fake storyline and not real at all…

jGqtp9RKTsRRcREVPgq4E9wjw3h-cefBgrzLSpWZhW9mpMQkMfENZBMRXWDZL7zyRhDQVmbM0b8yZL26pnOBzH0S7AbBi92YBgcATsvaG4Z6GfTtMlN16yzCJVwcMxiR81m4U8L_

Ren: It’s fine… no worries.

pObTBDMN9uYrtMLXY8SXSE2HMhBQeydAe0BsnhodGLhXA3qmqT0mcb--KHhUMo2PXJ8uomPw-oL3hv0yncJqEgG9YAV2BF-JmIh4NHrHAWbspCzvTgdR1V77qmmFyW3h9yMldabI

He’s starting to hate me, I can tell!

P8Pvi1-bGJWUNxmW8aejR_pm9z4UJZsQsEqi_TW7HInBWi3YX3qjOzQ1kCbG2FEC9lHr9y8Fd4xx68MJ2x6ZPZeW581AlF3jgPVEYCy13XyOUNFHYJkfQSeQTpMr_ojcFWMtzyvm

Ren: …

2Hv1b83SBgmqiVy34PGHawPitVc-Toy4Dlok9_JOBbdA-dZDshX96wh0oT048AmHpjz06Cq4TGt5i831mGL7qTeZFMGNUH7n-Y23xe7E2KTwgQ3KglShtASPRZn3pLmW5yFlChdy

I'm sorry!

NI2t51lpuzt6lSMMKoExL8MoGKRvUo5_HChA9EfO0yKxBxobex7Xn6A18Gg5sesDYhXBKE4nlptIAVuCFFqQRcCaeCOLrUWx1YU26dl21wPyChEvcmeZI3drrS4nwD1359MzstGv

Relax... LOL

QdPFXOt0z1sgwiUbgssS8gb2PMpBBG-duawD8gLyZqgvD5FGAmZCrK14NVIdz9qfeYewR39uyVwdg_U57HwYzkZFmolet7UbsRHHvJodh8dpg7zaah238K8INmsOxv7cDgx9oIDh

That Meanie make out tho.

Jeonghan is us!

You’re welcome lol even though it wasn’t a lot!

kElfAHIS9SMYKY0O5K3Xq0xkMY0ixo-ZFClIw_DO91j1KWv1v9DlIr6k_PzbSfxDBxuAqykfpC-LzyhGm9AwtcCR4Ba8RrTaG-1sh-vF-54lP4zPDX_CMxVqIjh4nqrYQp0U9

I don't wanna drag this out so I’ll just end the A/N here since I don’t want it to be too long and I wanna post this before the day is over! So until next time~! Say goodbye with me, Seungcheol~!

eHJB2l05bfVSC2XD_LZG32CDXV4hlSNzZtSfHWYVIzWVJXgxDE-rrytRmFbdcR6ayOVx7Y58M6BcgmZ07w1wp3xuhlZhdLc88iBJYFaCQ5OxD7fzAoTONwwrPV-RUtxePWXpcH2i

Seungcheol: See you next time~!

LOL

VRBFbWFkU7m-GfTap9pVF-ybnAOIreGrjD9X8ql8FJ6Xn2bWGJIE_gZVKgH2LaEmw6TCTeAIQ6LRE8sS8fkkLmGXR8HXp1Rd1YTzBSv7CVgtt5hbdmtrUq3INN8C-TpKKCo9P6bR

P.S. Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays and Happy New Years!

You are loved and you are important, even if it doesn't feel that way sometimes, never forget that!