Chapter 54

CLOSER [HIATUS]

Jihoon had left to the kitchen to make some more tea after his small crying fit, and while he was doing so, he didn’t notice Won Woo had finally came out of the bathroom. Won Woo had thought Soo Min and Jihoon left and he felt even more lonely in that moment, so he made the decision to go see Mingyu. After a lot of thinking, he decided he wanted to go see someone who isn’t really a part of the situation going on, an outsider if you will. By the time he walked out the door, Jihoon returned to the living room a moment after. He didn’t notice Won Woo was gone until he needed the bathroom and saw the door open. He hurried over to Won Woo’s room to find it empty and even checked Soo Min’s room, empty. “Damn.” He muttered and headed back to the bathroom to use it before he would forget. He returned back to the living room couch and plopped down on it with a long sigh. He wondered how the rest of the night was going to go, if they’d even get their studying done at this rate?

 

Moments later, the front door open and Jihoon was a bit startled until he saw it was Jeonghan. Then he noticed Soo Min on his back and he hurried over to ask what happened. “I don’t think she’s feeling well.” Jeonghan explained and asked him to help take her shoes off.

 

“Just a bit.” She sighed and worked on taking her jacket off. Part of the bottom was stuck between Jeonghan’s arms and her thighs so he turned around to put her down so she could take off her jacket properly. She handed it to Jeonghan who hung it up while she tried to walk to the kitchen but stumbled once again, luckily the wall was there for her to hold onto before she could actually fall.

 

“Damn, do you need to go to the hospital?” Jihoon worried and reached out to help her stand straight.

 

“No, I just need to lie down for a bit, that’s all.” She shook her head and tried to take a few more steps but Jeonghan didn’t trust that she could make it all the way to her room on her own. To speed things along, he scooped her up in his arms and carried her to her room. Before he entered the room he turned to Jihoon.

 

“Text Seungcheol and let him know I’m here. I’ll look after her for a bit.” He said before disappearing into her room and shut the door. Jihoon stood there feeling a little left out but he understood the situation.

 

He pulled out his phone to compose the text Jeonghan requested and even explained how Won Woo was upset earlier but now was missing but he was betting he went to see Mingyu. He might have mentioned how he was feeling a bit left out before he sent it off.

 

Seungcheol: I’ll be right over.

 

Jihoon: You’re coming over?

 

Seungcheol: Yeah, I’m worried about you.

 

Jihoon: Me???

 

Seungcheol: I’ll be there soon! Should I bring food?

 

Jihoon: I guess you can.

 

Seungcheol: What would you like?

 

Jihoon didn't know what to ask for and he stressed about picking something for two long minutes.

 

Jihoon: Anything's fine.

 

Seungcheol: We can always order something later, don't worry! 😊

Heading over now!

 

He didn't expect this at all, but at the same time, he was glad that he'd have someone to keep him company while his friends were being comforted by their boyfriends. Boyfriends, huh? He thought while staring at his text conversation with Seungcheol. Boyfriends… it made him think of his nonexistent dating life. I don't really need a relationship. But after seeing Won Woo and Mingyu together, he low key was a bit jealous that he didn't have anyone special like that. Well, I shouldn't really find someone just for the sake of fitting in with the others, it wouldn't be fair to the other person. Observing Soo Min's relationship with Jeonghan, he worried that he wouldn't have the patience or time to keep his lover happy. Who would even want to date me anyway? He snickered before hearing the front door open and in walked Seungcheol.

 

“I'm here!” He greeted with a sweet smile at the door before taking off his shoes and coat, he had his school bag with him, too. Jihoon watched him happily make his way over to sit next to him on the couch. “This is Soo Min's laptop?” He asked while pointing to the opened laptop on the coffee table with the image search still displayed.

 

“Oh crap, yeah.” Jihoon muttered and reached for it. He checked to see the battery was low from being on that whole time, she forgot to put it on sleep mode. “I'll go put this back real quick.” He said and made his way to Soo Min's room.

 

He knocked first and waited for a response. He could hear Soo Min ask “What is it?” and he opened the door to return her laptop. When he entered, he could already see Jeonghan was lying in bed with her cuddled up against his chest. It was sickeningly cute and Jihoon just scowled like the tsundere he is. He earned a laugh from Jeonghan who saw his reaction.

 

“Your laptop is dying.” Jihoon muttered while placing it on her desk. He plugged the charger in before facing the couple in bed. Soo Min gave him a cute laugh and did a weak wave at him, she looked pretty tired. “Are you sure you're okay?” He was worried.

 

“I'm just tired, that's all.” She assured him. “I'm going to take a nap and see if it helps… if it doesn't then I will go see a doctor.”

 

“Just rest.” Jihoon sighed. “Don't get sick.”

 

“I won’t.” She hummed. “Good luck studying.”

 

“Yeah, good luck!” Jeonghan called after him.

 

“Oh right, Seungcheol is here.”

 

“Really, why? I didn't tell him to come here?” Jeonghan was confused.

 

“You didn't, but he said he was worried about me when I said I was studying alone in the living room. I guess he came to study with me.”

 

“Ah, I see.” Jeonghan smiled and his tone was nonchalant. “Then have fun studying together!”

 

“There's nothing fun about studying.” Jihoon deadpanned.

 

“Sure there is, you get to learn something new and you get smarter.”

 

“Whatever, just sleep.” Jihoon sighed and left the room before Jeonghan could keep the conversation going.

 

When he made it back to the living room, Seungcheol greeted him again and Jihoon smiled because of that. “How is she?”

 

“She said she'd take a nap and see from there.”

 

“Eugh, that boyfriend of hers gonna nap with her too?” Seungcheol groaned. “He's always napping!”

 

“Maybe he's getting sick too?” Jihoon frowned.

 

“I just think he's being lazy.” Seungcheol pouted. “Don't worry about him.”

 

“Alright.” Jihoon snickered at how the older waved his hand in dismissal. Those two are so close. He thought and it brought up how Soo Min and Won Woo were close. He wondered who would be the closest person to him? It would be Ren, right? He knows more about me than everyone else. Now that he was thinking about it and how his friends were lied to by their parents, he felt bad that he's been keeping a secret himself, about his life back in Busan.

 

“Everything okay?” Seungcheol’s voice snapped him out of those thoughts.

 

“Yeah.” Jihoon nodded and opened his text book so he could distract himself. I will tell them… eventually. He thought while stealing a glance at Seungcheol who was also looking at his own textbook. His lips moved when he read his study material and Jihoon thought it was nice to see him focused. I should focus too. He returned his gaze to his book. Focus.

 

 

“Why aren't you sleeping yet?” Jeonghan asked after Soo Min let out a long sigh next to him.

 

“I'm trying.” She said softly and turned to face the ceiling. “My mind is restless.”

 

“Do you need to talk about it?” He his side to face her and she did the same. “You don't have to if you don't want to.”

 

“I'm having second thoughts about the trip to L.A. And the dinner tomorrow evening. I know I probably shouldn't just make a hasty decision just because of my mom but… I don't know.”

 

“I talked to her before you showed up.” He pointed out and she looked surprised. “She didn't tell me exactly what happened but she did seem sorry for whatever she did.”

 

“I see. Then I guess it's not as bad as I was thinking.”

 

“She probably just didn't know how to respond when bumping into you a second time.”

 

“Maybe it was better she just walked away. We planned to talk at the dinner tomorrow, save it for tomorrow I guess.”

 

“Something like that.” He agreed. “Midterms start tomorrow, that was probably on their mind too.”

 

“Too bad it's not fall break yet, might have been easier.” She sighed again and turned to face the ceiling once more. “How many days until then?” She asked and sat up to look at her calendar hanging on her wall, conveniently by her bed. She forgot to cross out days that already passed. “What's today's date?”

 

“October 11th.” He said after looking at the calendar too from behind her. He remembered his birthday was a week ago on the 4th. “What’s that?” He asked and pointed at the small red dot marked on the 9th for this month.

 

“Oh, I usually mark the day I’m supposed to get my period just so I can plan around it.” She mentioned while she started to cross out the days that have already passed. When she glanced at him, she could see he looked embarrassed for asking. “Jeez, it’s just a period.” She laughed.

 

“Could that be why you’re not feeling well today?” He asked after she finished marking her calendar and turned to face him. According to the calendar, today would be day three of her period, and he knew periods were no fun.

 

“No, I didn’t get my period yet.” She simply said and shook her head. “I just think it’s stress, that’s all.”

 

“So, you missed your period?” Jeonghan suddenly looked concerned.

 

“Uh…” she was confused on his reaction and looked up at the calendar and noticed she was late. “Well I guess I’m three days late.” She shrugged and looked back to see his expression shift into something else. “What?”

 

“Nothing…” he snapped out of it and looked away to occupy his gaze to something else for now.

 

She thought he was acting strange but figured he was just flustered from the period talk and returned to looking at her calendar. She counted how many days until Fall break, it was obviously a week from now, and there were only four days until they leave for L.A. A lot can happen in four days. I just hope they’re good things. She was already preparing for the worst anyway, but she would like it if she was proven wrong.

 

“You should sleep like you said you would.” Jeonghan said a moment later after getting out of bed and pulled the blanket over her when she lied down. “I’ll go see what the other two are up to, so just relax!”

 

“Alright.” She nodded in agreement and closed her eyes to do just that. For once, sleep wasn’t difficult to come by. She figured she must’ve been mentally exhausted or something. As for Jeonghan, he stood there for a moment looking down at her with a conflicted expression. She she mentioned she was three days late on her period, it obviously had him nervous and thinking of why. She can’t be… right? After a moment, he turned and left her room. When he shut the door, he leaned against it for a moment until Seungcheol noticed him from the living room couch and called over to him, which snapped him out of it.

 

“Wow, so you actually chose not to nap?” His friend teased from the living room..

 

“I guess.” Jeonghan forced a small laugh and made his way over to the couch.

 

“What is it?” Jihoon could already sense something was wrong.

 

“It’s nothing.” He simply shook his head and glanced at their study sheets and notes spread out on the coffee table. “How’s the studying been going?”

 

“It’s been going fine, would you like to join us?” Seungcheol gave Jeonghan a few rough pats on his lower back, like he was silently threatening him in someway.

 

“I would if I could but I can’t.” Jeonghan caught onto that and gave a sheepish laugh. “I don’t have any of my study guides or notes with me.”

 

“Of course you don’t!” Seungcheol was done with Jeonghan now.

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll just go home and study.” Jeonghan said while pointing to the front door and started to make his way over.

 

“You’re not coming back?” Jihoon asked while Jeonghan put his shoes and coat on at the door.

 

“Huh?” He asked while turning to look at them. “I’m going now, later!” He said and waved before leaving out the door without another word or glance their way.

 

Seungcheol just snickered after the door shut but Jihoon stared at the front door with a hint of worry in his expression. “What is it?”

 

“Oh?” Jihoon snapped out of it. “Is it just me or was Jeonghan acting kind of weird just now?”

 

“Weird? How so?” Seungcheol was confused. “I don’t think so?”

 

“Well, he avoided my question about if he was coming back and just left.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah, and also… usually he’s hard to get rid of when his girlfriend is around. I’m worried if maybe they fought before he left her room?”

 

“I see why you’d think that.” Seungcheol nodded and looked at the front door while replaying the encounter a few times in his head. “I don’t think they fought. While Jeonghan would try to hide it if he was angry, he’s not that good at it and he didn’t seem angry when he left. If anything, he seemed worried? Maybe he didn’t want to be a bother or distract Soo Min when she wakes up. He said he didn’t have his notes with him, so obviously he has to go home to get them.”

 

“But it sounds like he’s not coming back when he said he would go home and study.” Jihoon pointed out and that made Seungcheol start thinking all over again. “Sorry, maybe it’s nothing but I just thought it was kind of unusual.”

 

“It’s fine. Believe it or not, Jeonghan can be responsible and a good student when the time comes. Midterms start tomorrow, sometimes he likes to tune out the world and focus on his notes.”

 

“I guess I’ll just have to take your word for it.” Jihoon shrugged in response and glanced at the front door again. He’s never been around Jeonghan when it came to studying since they started college, so maybe it was true. So much has been happening lately, of course it’d be different this time, it really set them back regarding their planned study schedule for the weekend.

 

“I really think it’s nothing to worry about.” Seungcheol assured Jihoon with a sweet smile. “Let’s just focus on our own studying for now?”

 

“Right. But can you check on him in a bit?”

 

“Sure.” Seungcheol thought it was sweet that Jihoon was this worried about Jeonghan, usually the younger was always complaining about him, but this was a change. “Are you understanding everything this time around?” He said to change the topic back to their study session.

 

“Yes, thanks.” Jihoon nodded and returned his attention to his text book.

 

“If you get stuck and need help, don’t hesitate to ask me, okay?”

 

“Alright.” Jihoon nodded with a small smile, he really appreciated Seungcheol’s help, he really did. It was nice to study with him, too. He liked this. Just the two of them and no one else. He really felt different around him and he was only noticing that recently, but he wouldn’t be able to accurately explain it because he doesn’t really understand it himself. All he could really say that it’s nice. Very Nice. Ajeu Nice.

 

 

Dinner had arrived at Mingyu and the BooSeokSoon’s shared apartment. It was shortly after Won Woo took a look at his boyfriend’s math problems he worked so hard on. He was really proud of Mingyu and how he got the hang of it on his own. He did think Mingyu’s reward was a bit cliché and silly, but he really didn’t complain in the end, shocker. They were sharing kiss number four when Seungkwan interrupted them to announce the food had arrived.

 

“We’re not done yet.” Mingyu muttered to Won Woo after Seungkwan left the room.

 

“What?” Won Woo was confused until he saw his boyfriend’s teasing grin.

 

“We’ll just have to continue this later, when it’s just the two of us…”

 

“Sure.” Won Woo wasn’t flustered at all and only smiled at Mingyu, who pouted when he hardly got a reaction. He always found it cute when Won Woo was flustered and embarrassed and the same could be said for Won Woo, seeing Mingyu shy and surprised was adorable. Only now did Mingyu realize his relationship with Won Woo was going to be nothing like any relationship he’s had before. A whole new experience and that was exciting.

 

Won Woo was the one to lead Mingyu out of the room over to his friends who set up the delivered food on the coffee table in the living room. They left the loveseat open for the couple and for a second, Mingyu thought they weren’t going to fit but he didn’t realize how small his boyfriend was after they sat down. He didn’t take up much room next to him and he noticed how slim Won Woo really was. I hope he’s been eating okay… he was worried. He tried to think about the time they first met, if he’s always been this way? Won Woo didn’t particularly wear fitted clothing, so it was hard to tell unless you actually touched him or if he wasn’t wearing such baggy clothing. Soo Min, too. The duo both wore baggy clothes a lot lately. I’m sure it’s nothing, maybe they just prefer that. I can’t just jump to any conclusions. He knew stress could lead to loss of appetite. Won Woo didn’t finish his food earlier at lunch. When that came to mind, he turned his attention to his boyfriend who was poking around his food for a few seconds before bringing up a bite to eat.

 

“What is it?” Won Woo asked when he caught Mingyu watching him with concern in his eyes.

 

“Do you like the food?” Mingyu managed to ask and gave a small smile. Won Woo nodded after taking a bite.

 

“Mingyu said you don’t like seafood, so we made sure to get something different for you.” Soonyoung pointed out from the far end of the couch near them. Seokmin was in the middle and Seungkwan was the closest.

 

“Thanks, I appreciate that.” Won Woo looked very pleased. He managed a small conversation with them while Mingyu just took the time to sit back and observe how Won Woo was communicating with them. He seemed comfortable and genuine when they talked and he was happy. After what they talked about earlier, it seemed like his mood was definitely better now. He even finished all of his food and even asked if there was anything else he could have from the delivery bag, it was so cute to Mingyu his heart could burst.

 

“If you want more food, let’s go out and get more?” He suggested.

 

“Yeah, why don’t you to go out and do that?” Soonyoung beamed. “Get some fresh air, too!” It was clear that Mingyu’s friend knew something was wrong earlier, and while Won Woo felt bad for worrying them, he was glad that they got the hint without needing to talk about it. They weren’t being nosy about it.

 

“Thanks for letting me eat dinner with you guys.” Won Woo said while he was putting his coat on at the door. Mingyu and his friends were seeing him off at the door since they were leaving.

 

“Of course, any time!” Seungkwan beamed.

 

“Don’t be a stranger, you’re welcomed here anytime!” Soonyoung added on. It was sweet and had Won Woo smiling, he really felt accepted by Mingyu’s friends and even loved. He didn’t think he’d spend so much time with them this evening. Before, he was a bit nervous and wasn’t able to really fully enjoy the experience, but this time he did and he really liked it. He’s been so used to only spending time with Soo Min and Jihoon, it was a new change for him that he realized he needed.

 

“We really enjoyed having you tonight, please come again soon.” Seokmin said kindly with his contagious smile.

 

“You say it like this is a restaurant!” Mingyu nudged his friend and they all laughed about it.

 

“It could be!” Seungkwan blurted out. “We could title it… uh…” he thought about it.

 

“Gyu’s Kitchen!” Seokmin pitched and his friends really liked it. Mingyu was amused and snickered.

 

“I’ll definitely come again.” Won Woo chuckled. “I’d rate it five stars, too.” He added and looked up to Mingyu who started to blush from the compliment.

 

“You’re not being biased are you?” Soonyoung teased and Won Woo pouted at him. It was adorable to see Won Woo interacting with Mingyu’s friends, it really was and Mingyu wanted to see more of that in the future.

 

It wasn’t like he didn’t want Won Woo hanging out with Soo Min and Jihoon all the time, he wanted Won Woo to at least spend some time away from them every now and then so he could find a balance. He did pretty good this evening, despite the circumstance. He didn’t mention his friends after their talk nor looked uncomfortable or bothered about anything during their dinner. You could say Mingyu was low-key proud of his boyfriend.

 

“I’ll be back later after I drop him off.” Mingyu said to his friends while opening the door so they could exit.

 

“Good luck with studying and midterms, hyung!” Seungkwan blurted out to Won Woo with a bright smile.

 

“If you need help on anything, don’t hesitate to call us up!” Soonyoung added on. “Just not for math, okay?” He added and laughed when Mingyu pouted.

 

“Thanks, guys. Good luck on your studies, too. Thanks again for the food as well… and… thanks.” He let out a cute awkward laugh, he said thanks too many times.

 

“We’re leaving now. Later!” Mingyu chuckled and led his boyfriend out by the hand. His friends did everything they could to keep their fanboying selves quiet until they were out of the apartment and at least down the hall.

 

“That was freaking adorable!” Soonyoung was the first to blurt out. “He’s so awkward in a cute way!”

 

“I’m happy that he really tried to communicate with us. He didn’t have to, but he did!” Seungkwan looked touched. “I feel so bad that he’s going through stuff right now, but at least he has Mingyu to help him through it.”

 

“I hope Mingyu will be alright, though.” Seokmin spoke up with his concerned tone. “Must be hard for him to see Won Woo like that.”

 

“That’s right, but I’m sure they’ll be okay now that they have each other.” Seungkwan pointed out on a positive note. “We can trust them.”

 

“Right.” The SoonSeok couple agreed and Boo started to pout. “What?”

 

“I wish my boyfriend was here, too. I feel so lonely.” He muttered and poked around his unfinished food with a sigh to go with it.

 

“Awh, Boo.” They cooed.

 

vy7TjpUii7zFLCO-tl1Vi2L6Sn_gxUYGvYu03e8m6UMbwn306kdi7xMzvHalqR9GDCDOPICuvs1SAwLc0HoKi0HkcL5tkB1CbMOnGwx7edVL1GDhDkP6LMByO3XZtPw1snzN45PV

 

“Why can’t he move in with us?! What’s the problem?!” The Boo said, tone rude.

 

oIoTVyOVDM99XaA8XToPKd0iFASN2CqiJ9-h-pGBrb0e3VqPa4FHe_C8LeQILbJSQrRt7QH_PamXnZIjOgr5HCj5C1sxH5kiLBUasYeGTbjtzXlWLbunwVWDhR1MNqdvxvtUYO6U

Seungkwan: What? I’m being serious, hyung! Can’t he move in with us?

SoonSeok: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Cs98TRnnkVmz3clH9amUWKDxZF53TfycG6uA8ag9ktThKEAKNUe4ix9VzpEuO0Qb8q__mqEs8jEKqpjh693JpGtduoAX59J5nEyorAMyTk8k5DKVbLffJYIfiR3O2Tg3rqBO15EF

*they’re laughing because part of the writing rhymed*

 

 

“Where are you going?” Junhui asked when he saw Jisoo at the door preparing to head out.

 

jWB_KMBbPGaeK7OqhTEq_U3you8S8MlGf1IvchuKidTh3JUfWEQMmFiUAk3SwViQrdaKUZdhCVwC0Jde22wyxB_XdugDS9mjQ4M66qsV6VFyuAykdcrJ8T-da8fF2LWDuDWKuNWc

lol he definitely hates me

V8gvKDt8ksWZ9g-BfqqKgKOsbPSkKyGT5HtepNB4HYRG_nm7cFypzqvD-y95GNKV1S43g9bMaazZFlGDeqvaC7CNiluBq6v_M6aEJUHPfr3oN45FysHVsvsTW0gTPMnVAuaA8_Wk

Please stop it author-nim, you’re getting annoying! 😂

 

“Oh.” Jisoo turned and gave a small smile. “I thought to go check on Jeonghan.”

 

“Why? Shouldn’t you be studying?”

 

“I’m taking my stuff with me,” he gestured to his laptop bag, “It’s just, he hasn’t been responding to my texts or calls since this afternoon. I’m a little worried.”

 

“Maybe he’s just busy studying?” Junhui pointed out and Jisoo gave a sheepish chuckle at that. “Well, I guess maybe it’s best to go make sure he didn’t fry his brain, too.”

 

“Yeah, exactly!” Jisoo pointed and gave another chuckle. “So, I’ll be back later.” Another chuckle came out and he turned to head out.

 

“Alright, get there safely!” Junhui called from his spot on the couch and watched the older leave out the door. “Huh, that was a bit strange.” He muttered just as he heard the sound of his bedroom door open and someone walk out while sliding their feet against the floor. He turned to see a groggy Minghao enter the room. “Oh, you’re alive.” The older joked and the younger snickered at that comment.

 

“What time is it?” He asked with his sleepy expression.

 

“Uh,” Junhui reached for his phone to check the time but was distracted by the text from one of the girls, Mei Yi, who asked how Minghao was doing?

 

“Hello?” Minghao asked with a pout.

 

“Oh, right, it’s almost 8pm.” Junhui answered and then started to compose a reply to Mei Yi saying ‘he’s alive, don’t worry.’

 

“8pm?! Who let me sleep that long?!” The younger complained in disbelief.

 

“Uh… you did.” Junhui looked at him a bit confused. “Earlier when I woke you for breakfast, you told me how you couldn’t sleep at all last night because your ankle was hurting too much. I suggested for you to take the painkillers the hospital gave you and you’ve been knocked out ever since.” Because Minghao didn’t want to take the medicine at first, he didn’t want to rely on it so he hadn’t been taking it the past two days and just endured the pain, but he supposed he couldn’t endure it forever. His ankle was healing, but it didn’t mean it didn’t still hurt from time to time, especially when walking on it.

 

Minghao just sighed in defeat before limping his way over to sit on the couch. “I guess I’m a night owl now.”

 

“It’s not that bad, I’m a college student, we have to be part night owls to even get through the semester.” Junhui joked but Minghao wasn’t amused. “Well, think of it this way, at least while Jisoo and I are at class, you’ll be sleeping! You won’t have to be bored compared to if you were awake and just waiting around on the couch.”  Minghao was beyond unamused now, he could really just smack him right about now.

 

“Speaking of Jisoo-hyung, is he here?”

 

“Ah, he left right before you came to the living room.”

 

“Where did he go?”

 

“Apparently he left to check on Jeonghan, because he wasn’t responding to his texts and calls. He’ll be back later.”

 

“Aren’t you guys supposed to be studying?” Minghao asked and failed to notice the textbook in the older’s hand.

 

“Yes, I’m taking a well deserved break though.” Junhui chuckled and put his book down on the coffee table in front of them. “Jisoo took his school bag with him, so I’m sure he’ll study with Jeonghan for a bit. But enough about that, are you hungry?”

 

“Well, yes. All that sleeping really worked up my appetite.” Minghao muttered with another pout. He earned a laugh from Junhui and that put a hint of a smile on his lips. “Can we go get something?”

 

“Sure, you think you’re well enough for it?”

 

“It’s been two days, I can’t stay bedridden!”

 

“Okay, okay!” Junhui chuckled and got up from his spot on the couch and helped Minghao up as well. “I’ll go get my wallet.” He mentioned and headed for his room while Minghao made his way to the front door. He was halfway there when Junhui returned. “Should I carry you?”

 

“No! I’m fine!” Minghao complained and started to limp his way out of the apartment.

 

“Shouldn’t they have given you crutches?” Junhui realized it just now.

 

“I guess.”

 

“They didn’t?”

 

“I refused.”

 

“Minghao!” Junhui scolded and whipped out his phone to see if he knew anyone with a pair of crutches they could borrow. Or maybe it was better if he just went out and got some for him. “Just wait here for a bit, I’ll go get you a pair.”

 

“Don’t just leave me here all by myself!” Minghao pouted.

 

“You’re just going to slow me down!”

 

“Wow, okay then. Go.” Minghao was offended and tried to turn away from him without falling over.

 

“I didn’t mean it like that!” Junhui was getting frustrated now. “Stop getting offended by everything I say!”

 

“Then don’t say things like that!”

 

“Seriously, I won’t be that long. Just let me go get you a pair of crutches so we can go get food without any problems. I’m just trying to help you.”

 

“Fine, okay. I get it.” Minghao apologized and tried to lean against the wall. “I’ll wait right here.”

 

“But-”

 

“Go! Hurry!” Minghao shooed him away. Junhui figured it was no use in trying to talk the younger into going back inside, he was so stubborn! Instead, he just made a dash for it and hoped he could make the trip to the pharmacy quick. When he made it to the front entrance of their apartment complex, he immediately recognized familiar faces and hurried his way over to them.

 

“Oh, hey, it’s you!” Mei Yi greeted with a smile and nudged her friend LiNa to get her attention.

 

“Hi!” Junhui greeted with a smile of his own before he sighed. “Can I ask you girls for a favor?”

 

“Depends on what the favor is.” LiNa shrugged. “Does it involve food?”

 

“LiNa!” Mei Yi elbowed her this time, the other girl flinched only slightly with a small laugh.

 

“Well, maybe!” Junhui chuckled. “I was going to take Minghao out to eat, but he’s having a hard time walking today. I offered to carry him but he’s so stubborn. It didn’t dawn on me that he should be using crutches, so I was going to go out and get some. He’s up stairs leaning against the wall by our apartment by himself, I was hoping you two could go keep him company while I buy crutches for him.”

 

“Sure, no problem!” Mei Yi agreed instantly and hooked her arm with LiNa’s so they could head up, but LiNa dodged her.

 

“I’ll go with you.” She said to Junhui instead, confusing her friend. “You can go keep the guy company.”

 

“Okay?” Mei Yi wasn’t sure why LiNa wanted to go with Junhui and thought about that while heading up to Junhui’s floor. That was strange. She was so lost in thoughts that she tripped over something and nearly fell face flat on the ground. Then she heard someone shout in pain. It was Minghao, he was sitting on the floor with his legs stretched out and browsing on his phone until that happened. “Oh my god! I’m so sorry, Minghao!” She exclaimed while trying to turn and check on him.

 

“It’s okay, I’m fine.” He said through a painful expression, she had tripped on his bad ankle! “Are you okay?”

 

“I’m fine!” Mei Yi wailed while flailing her arms around in the air. Just then, they could hear rushed footsteps coming up the hall and they turned to see it was Junhui and LiNa.

 

“What happened?! I heard someone shout!” He asked, clearly worried when he saw Minghao holding onto his injured ankle and Mei Yi on the floor, her purse lying on the ground a few feet away from her when it slid during the fall.

 

“I tripped on his sprained ankle!” Mei Yi jumped up and attacked LiNa with a hug and started to wail even more into her friend’s chest. “I’m such a horrible person! I should have been paying attention to where I was walking!”

 

“It was an accident, don’t worry.” Junhui tried to assure her. “What were you doing on the floor?” He looked down to Minghao, concerned.

 

“My other leg was getting tired.” Minghao explained. “I didn’t think anyone would come down the hallway so soon…”

 

“I’m sorry!” Mei Yi sobbed.

 

“Ah, you don’t need to cry!” Junhui panicked. “He’s fine, it was an accident! It’s okay!”

 

“Sorry.” LiNa said with a chuckle while trying to comfort her friend. “Tom’s in town.”

 

“Tom?” Both Junhui and Minghao repeated. “Who’s Tom?”

 

“Don’t worry about it, just a girl thing.” LiNa was amused by their reactions, they looked so clueless. “Weren’t you going to go get those crutches?”

 

“Oh, right.” Junhui snapped out of it and looked back to Minghao to see how he was doing. “I’ll be back!”

 

“I can stay with him this time. You can go with Junhui.” LiNa said to Mei Yi after she settled down with her tears. “Just don’t trip on anything else, please!”

 

“I won’t!” Poor Mei Yi pouted before Junhui picked up her purse from the ground and handed it off to her.

 

“Get there safely.” LiNa called after the two when they took their leave. That left her and Minghao alone and it was quiet until she asked how his ankle was feeling.

 

“It hurts a lot.” He was honest at least.

 

“Do you need me to get you any medicine for it?”

 

“No!” he blurted out. “I can’t afford to sleep anymore than I already did today.”

 

“You could just take a smaller dose.” LiNa laughed at his reaction.

 

“I’m fine, I can manage.” He assured her and put on a brave face. He could tolerate it.

 

“If you say so.” She hummed while stepping over to take a seat next to him. She didn’t notice his shoulder tense up when she did since she sat pretty close to him, only because she wanted to avoid being in front of their neighbor’s doorway.

 

“Have you studied for your midterms?” He managed to start the conversation after a moment of silence.

 

“Yes.” She nodded. “Have you?”

 

“I’m not enrolled right now, remember?”

 

“Right! I forgot, sorry.” She face palmed and earned a cute laugh from him. He decided to ask how her day was while they waited for the other two to return. Speaking of the other two…

 

“I can’t believe I tripped over his ankle… his injured ankle! How does someone do that?!” Mei Yi was still struggling on getting over the small accident.

 

“I don’t know.” Junhui didn’t really have an answer. “It happens, I guess. Just relax.”

 

“Do you think he hates me now?”

 

“No! Of course not, it was an accident, right?”

 

“Maybe he does and just doesn’t want to say it. I understand… I’d hate me too for being so careless!” At this point, Junhui figured maybe it was no use to try and comfort her anymore, so he just sighed and listened while she went on about how awful the situation was. When she noticed him not responding to her, she worried if she upset him as well.

 

“No.” He gave a small smile. “I was just listening to you talk, that’s all.”

 

“You were?” She looked up at him innocently before her face scrunched up in a small scowl. “Then why weren’t you answering me?!”

 

“Because!” He laughed. “I don’t know how to! I said it’s okay, it was an accident. We should just move on from it now.”

 

“But…”

 

“You can apologize again when we get back if you have to. For now, just take it easy, you don’t need to stress so much about it, alright?” He gave her a warm smile this time when they came up the crosswalk and he pressed the button for the signal.

 

“Alright.” Mei Yi finally calmed down after witnessing his smile, it was like it had a calming effect on her. “Please let me buy the crutches!”

 

“... okay.” Junhui felt like maybe that would make her feel much better in the end. But then again, he wasn’t sure how Minghao would feel about his new flower printed crutches. “Maybe we should be getting him plain ones.”

 

“But these are cute!” Mei Yi pouted.

 

“They are, but they’re not for you, they’re for Minghao, remember?” He chuckled.

 

“Oh, that’s right. Sorry.” She gave a sheepish laugh and put them back. They grabbed the plain pair like mentioned and were already on their way back to the apartment, where they walked up to LiNa and Minghao chatting up a storm. “Hi, Minghao. I personally paid for your crutches, I hope you can forgive me for being so careless earlier!”

 

“It’s alright, it was an accident. Thank you.” He assured her with a sweet smile and accepted Junhui’s help on standing up. When he was up, Mei Yi handed Junhui the crutches so he could adjust it the appropriate height for Minghao. It only took a few minutes and he was good to go. “Would you two like to tag along with us for dinner?” He asked and surprised Junhui for a second.

 

“Sure.” LiNa answered without any hesitation.

 

“I’ll pay for that, too!” Mei Yi blurted out with a worried giggle. Minghao and Junhui didn’t protest, they honestly didn’t mind it at all. With that, the four of them were on their way for something delicious to eat.

 

 

“I’m gonna check on her, I’ll be right back.” Jihoon spoke up after a while of studying with Seungcheol in the living room. It was about time they take another break and he noticed a lot of time had passed since Jeonghan left, so he wanted to check on Soo Min to see how she was doing.

 

“Sure.” Seungcheol nodded and gave a small smile his way before looking back at his notes again. He was working hard and Jihoon really admired that. He might have admired him for a little too long since Seungcheol snapped him out of it when he asked why he hadn’t left to check on Soo Min like he said he was going to.

 

“I’m going.” Jihoon muttered and quickly got up to head to his friend’s bedroom. Seungcheol watched him disappear behind the door and chuckled to himself. He thought he was being really cute. Then he sighed. If only…

 

Meanwhile, inside Soo Min’s bedroom.

 

Jihoon was quiet when he approached her bedside. It was clear that she was still sleeping and he was glad she was, he didn’t know if the stress would have kept her up like it usually did, or if she was having nightmares, but it looked like she was doing just fine right now. But then he started to think of Won Woo, and where he might have ran off to? I can only assume he went to see Mingyu, right? Even though he had other friends he could go to like Jisoo and Junhui, he had a feeling he did go out to see his boyfriend. Won Woo was changing and Jihoon knew that. He knew Won Woo would eventually go to someone else with his worries and problems in time now that he had Mingyu around. Jihoon just didn’t think it would be this soon? But he’s not that disappointed, he’s actually glad, because earlier, he himself wasn’t in the right position to help Won Woo when he broke down in tears. And just thinking about that had the tears welling up in his eyes again.

 

He realizes now that maybe he was being a little too strong for his friends by bottling up his emotions, too. Even if he didn’t have a big role in the situation going on right now, he truly feels for his friends. He doesn’t express his feelings a lot when he’s with them, he would always act like a tsundere, but deep down he really cares. After the recent encounters he’s had with his friends, he really felt CLOSER to them, and so it was only bringing more of his emotions out. He was being more open with them. But at the same time, he still wanted to be strong for them so they could have someone to lean on while they cried. He didn’t want to make them cry because he was crying. He didn’t want them to worry about him when he was worrying about them.

 

I hate this. He wasn’t used to experiencing this many emotions at once. He really sheltered himself a lot by staying locked up in his studio all the time. Ever since his small fight with Soo Min, it’s been emotion after emotion since then. He wondered if he could ever get used to it, more like, OVERCOME it. The last time he experienced a wave of emotions like this was back in Busan, when he was about to go through a life changing event. He had everything planned out and was getting ready to just do it, but then at the last second, everything came falling apart. He never felt so betrayed. He felt like he wasted so much time and energy only to be screwed over by people he trusted. And so he never thought he would be able to trust others ever again. Then he met Won Woo and Soo Min. Despite they lacked the knowledge of Lee Jihoon, they managed to get him to trust again and to get back to the thing he loved doing most, Music.

 

It was all becoming a distant memory now, being scammed by a studio producer who promised him lies. Who promised that Lee Jihoon could really make a name for himself in the music world if he just really worked hard for it and trusted that shady producer, he’d make it. He’d get there. But he didn’t make it, he didn’t get there, because it was all just one big lie, a scam. All the time he spent at that studio was wasted. His parents money spent was stolen, his dreams of ever becoming a well known song writing producer were crushed when the studio randomly closed and the shady producer skipped town. The betrayal was so great that Jihoon gave up on it all after that.

 

But then Jihoon had to leave Busan to Seoul with his parents, and when he left, it was like he left that whole drama behind to start fresh. He was in a new city now with new people. But he doubted he could ever get himself back into doing music again, not after what happened back in Busan. I guess we really don’t know our future until it happens. He would remember that always. It was only thanks to his friends that he decided to pursue music again, especially Soo Min, who is definitely his biggest fan. She’ll follow him around until he loves her, papa-paparazzi~! Platonically of course. He chuckled at that thought but frowned when he noticed her waking up.

 

“Hmm? What is it?” She asked.

 

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you.” He apologized and wiped at his eyes quickly along with a cute sniffle. He turned away to hide when she sat up to face him properly.

 

“What’s wrong? Are you okay?”

 

“I’m fine.” He muttered and tried to hold in any new tears from falling. “Just been a long day, that’s all.”

 

“Is it still Sunday?” She asked in a groggy tone and searched for her phone to confirm that. “I feel like I slept for days.” She added.

 

“Well, that’s good. You feel like you got enough rest?”

 

“Not really, but that’s okay.” She shrugged and swung her legs over so she could sit on the edge of the bed. She patted down on the spot next to her for Jihoon to sit. “Did Jeonghan go home?”

 

“He did.” He nodded and watched her nod as well. “He was acting a little weird when he left, but I don’t know if that’s just me over thinking things…”

 

“Yeah, he seemed to be acting weird when he left my room, I noticed it too. But I’m sure it’s nothing serious.” She waved her hand dismissively before turning to the side to yawn. “He asked about my period and got all embarrassed, I’m sure it’s just that.”

 

“What about your period?”


“That I’m three days late.” She explained. She noticed Jihoon go silent and she gave a reassuring smile. “Girls can get late periods from stress.”

 

“Oh.” Jihoon seemed relieved when she said that.

 

“What, did you think I was pregnant or something?” She snickered and looked at him. He seemed shocked that she said it out loud and then it dawned on her. “Oh… maybe that’s why he was acting weird.”

 

“It’s most definitely why!” Jihoon scolded. “You should call him and let him know!”

 

“Okay, in a bit.” She laughed at his reaction, but she could tell he was still worried about it. “We’re really safe, okay? Don’t worry. Late periods aren’t really a big deal for me, they’re definitely not rare because of how much I stress about everything even without this affair drama going on. Just relax. I’m fine.”

 

“I guess I just have to trust you.” He sighed and thought about what he just said. I can trust you. “Hey, off topic but… um…” he was thinking of telling her about the secret he’s been keeping. Since they were all looking for truths lately.

 

“What is it?” She asked and waited for him to say it.

 

“Well, I figured since secrets have been coming out, there’s a secret I’ve been keeping as well that I haven’t told you or Won Woo yet. Not anyone, actually.”
 

“A secret?” She was surprised and curious. “Is it something bad?” She worried now.

 

“It was bad for me.” He nodded. “And I feel like… because we’ve gotten CLOSER recently, it’s time I bring it up.”

 

“I’m a little nervous now.” She admitted and fiddled with her phone in her hand. He stared for a moment before realizing, he should say this when Won Woo is around too. “Jihoon?”

 

“Ah, sorry.” He apologized with a sorry chuckle. “I think I should tell you when Won Woo is around, too.”

 

“That’s okay, I understand. It makes it easier so you don’t have to repeat yourself. Especially if it brings back bad memories.” She gave him a smile and he was glad she understood.

 

“Thanks. I promise to tell you soon. It can wait for now.”

 

“Alright, no problem.” She agreed.

 

“Well, I’ll go back to studying. You should sleep more if you can.” He said after getting up from his spot on her bed.

 

“I’ll try to. Maybe I can get up early and finish my project, I just don’t feel like it right now.”

 

“That works. Just rest. I’ll check on you again later, but I’ll try not to wake you next time.”

 

“Right,” she chuckled, “later.”

 

“Later.” Jihoon smiled before heading out of her room. She ended up going back to sleep without contacting Jeonghan like Jihoon told her too, but it was fine, she could always tell him tomorrow, even in person.

 

As for Jihoon, Seungcheol was waiting for him to return to the couch and the younger didn’t expect that. “Is she alright? You were in there for a long time?”

 

“Sorry, she woke up and we talked for a bit.”

 

“That’s okay. Glad you two could talk.” Seungcheol said with a warm smile. “Hope everything is okay?”

 

“Yeah, it should be fine.” He assured him. “Lately I’ve just been… emotional, I guess. So many things keep happening, one after another and it’s stressful.”

 

“I understand. It’s okay.” Seungcheol gave him a gentle pat on his shoulder. “Sometimes it just comes out of nowhere and it’s hard.”

 

“Yeah, exactly!” Jihoon couldn’t agree more. “Sometimes I just don’t know how to handle it. I get really frustrated because I want to be more useful, but how can I be if I’m breaking down on the inside, too?”

 

“Should we talk?” Seungcheol was concerned about him and had to ask. What kind of friend would he be if he didn’t offer his help?

 

“... I usually don’t like to talk, but I think I really need to this time.” He nodded with such a sad look in his eyes. It really pulled at Seungcheol’s heartstrings.

 

“Just say what you want to say, and I’ll listen.” Seungcheol said calmly and maturely. “You can trust me.” Hearing him say the word trust just really sent Jihoon into a fit of tears and it shocked Seungcheol big time. “What did I say?! I’m sorry!”

 

“No, it’s not you!” Jihoon managed to say through the tears. “I just… for a while had a hard time trusting people. It’s just nice to know I have people I can really trust now.”

 

Seungcheol didn't understand, but he knew he would eventually, in time. For now, he comforted Jihoon the best he could and listened to him talk when he was ready.

 

 

Jisoo made it to Jeonghan’s shared apartment in short time since he walked straight there with no stopping or distractions. He really was worried about his friend, it was unusual for him not to respond to him for this long. Before he headed up, he noticed Seungcheol’s car was gone, but he knew that didn’t mean Jeonghan was gone, so he headed up to the apartment like planned and knocked on the door. He waited for a moment for Jeonghan to answer the door but he didn’t. He knocked again and there was still no answer. He pulled out his phone to give Jeonghan another call before he’d enter the passcode, because he didn’t want to barge in like that if he didn’t need to. When the call went to voicemail, he made the decision to enter the apartment on his own. He could explain himself if Jeonghan happened to be inside and was perfectly fine.

 

The apartment seemed quiet and empty and Jisoo started to think maybe Jeonghan was with Seungcheol after all? He let out a small sigh and thought about heading back home, but he noticed Jeonghan’s bedroom door wasn’t shut and he could see the top of his friend’s head from the other side of his bed, like he was sitting on the floor by his nightstand. So he is home. He didn’t know why he wasn’t able to get a hold of him this whole time. Maybe his phone is dead and he didn’t notice? He thought while taking his shoes and coat off before he made his way over to the bedroom. He made sure to knock on the door to get his attention first just so he would scare him when he approaches him.

 

At the sound of his knock, Jeonghan turned and was slightly startled but relieved that it was just Jisoo at his door. “Sorry, I knocked at the front door but no one came to answer it.” Jisoo explained. “I was trying to get a hold of you for that last few hours but you didn’t respond. I got worried.”

 

“Ah, sorry!” Jeonghan apologized when Jisoo walked over to greet him properly. He gestured for his friend to take a seat next to him on the floor after moving his notes and textbooks out of the way. “I guess I was in the zone.”

 

“That’s okay, at least you were studying.” Jisoo assured him and sat next to him. “Have you been studying this whole time?”

 

“Since I got home a while ago, it hasn’t been that long but I got through a lot of the study guide at least.”

 

“Impressive.” Jisoo smiled. “I guess once you put your mind to it, you get things done.”

 

“Of course.” Jeonghan chuckled and looked down to his notes again. Jisoo couldn’t help but noticed he seemed bothered about something and wasn’t sure if it was related to studying?

 

“Did you get stuck on any of your subjects?”

 

“No, not yet.” Jeonghan shook his head.

 

“Sorry, am I bothering you?” He frowned when he realized he probably interrupted Jeonghan’s focus.

 

“No, you’re not, don’t worry. I needed to take a break anyway.”

 

“Alright, it’s good that you don’t push yourself too hard.”

 

“Yes.” Jeonghan nodded and tossed his notebook towards the rest of his little pile on the floor in front of him. “Did you do any studying today?”

 

“I did. I think I’m set. I brought my bag just in case though.” Jisoo said and patted his laptop bag in his lap.

 

“That’s good.” Jeonghan nodded and let out a small sigh before running a hand through his hair a few times. “Sorry, I guess I just have a lot on my mind tonight.”

 

“That’s okay.” Jisoo knew something was up. “Did you need to talk about it with anyone?”

 

“I’m not sure.”

 

“You can talk to me if you need to.” He had to at least let Jeonghan know he’s there for him if he needs it.

 

“Thanks.” Jeonghan appreciated that and gave him a warm smile. It made Jisoo feel those warm and fuzzy feelings again, but he managed to keep it cool and gave him a smile back. “Well, I suppose it’s hard to talk about some things to others because it’s a bit embarrassing and nerve wracking.”

 

“Embarrassing?” Jisoo repeated. “Did something happen?”

 

“Eh, I don’t know. Maybe I’m just overthinking things again and overreacting?”

 

“Well… I can’t say much since I don’t know what’s going on?” Jisoo gave a small chuckle.

 

“You don’t mind talking about this with me?” Jeonghan looked conflicted.

 

“You can talk to me about anything, Jeonghan.” He nodded. “Even if it’s embarrassing, I won’t repeat it to anyone else.”

 

“Alright, thanks.” Jeonghan was relieved. “Earlier, I was at Soo Min’s place.” He started and already Jisoo low-key regretted this, because he felt that weird pang in his chest when her name was mentioned. Why do I need to react like that? He thought and tried to keep calm. “We were talking about Fall break and the trip to L.A, about how many days until then. She was counting the days on her calendar and I noticed a red dot on the calendar and asked about it. She said it was for her period so she could plan around it. It was marked on the 9th, today’s the 11th, so I asked if it was the reason she wasn’t feeling well this evening and she said she hadn’t gotten her period yet. She’s three days late.”

 

“I see.” Jisoo wasn’t exactly sure why he was stressing about that until he asked. “So, you’re bothered by that?”

 

“Yeah, of course I am. Late periods aren’t a good sign when you’re in a relationship and you do the… you know.”

 

“Oh… I get it now.” Jisoo was a bit surprised and Jeonghan was glad he got the hint without having to say it out loud. “You think she’s…” he asked while gesturing a large belly with his hand over his own. Jeonghan face palmed and lowered his head with a small whimper. This was really embarrassing to talk about with his pure and innocent friend who happened to mention he would go to church when he was younger and was even in the choir at his church. A child of god, basically. He usually doesn’t try to only think like that of Jisoo, that it was forbidden and taboo to talk about his relationship. Just the fact that he didn’t wait till marriage is what always made him nervous around Jisoo, like he would be judged.

 

“Listen, Jeonghan…” Jisoo gave a weak laugh, “don’t judge me for knowing this kind of information, but you know, sometimes women have late periods due to stress. Did you know that?”

 

“Really?” Jeonghan was definitely confused and curious now. “Is that true?”

 

“You can look it up if you don’t believe me.” Jisoo said while pulling out his laptop. He turned it on and waited for it to start up. When it was ready to use, he opened up his chrome browser and opened up an incognito tab just so it wouldn’t be in his history later on. He passed his laptop over to Jeonghan who quickly typed in key words to get the same information Jisoo just told him. After looking through some of the search results, Jeonghan seemed less nervous now. “Soo Min’s been under a lot of stress lately, it might have affected her period.”

 

“Yeah, maybe. She’s been going through a lot, I feel so sorry for her. I think she might be getting sick again.”

 

“I’m sorry. I wish it didn’t have to be like that.”

 

“There’s only so much we can do, but I’ll keep an eye on her.” Jeonghan sighed while passing Jisoo’s laptop back. “Thanks for listening to me and letting me know about the period thing… even though I don’t understand how you would know something like that?” He asked with an awkward laugh. As far as he knows, Jisoo’s never had a girlfriend before. Not like that would be the only reason to know that kind of thing, because Jeonghan didn’t even know about it and he’s the one with a girlfriend.

 

“Well, it was like that for my mom.” Jisoo admitted. “She talked about it with me after I hit puberty, it was embarrassing but educational so…”

 

“Good. It was useful in the end.” Jeonghan gave a thumbs up with a shy laugh.

 

“Well, it’s something that can happen, but you can’t know for sure but it’s good not to freak out about it just yet.”

 

“Right.” Jeonghan’s expression faltered and he gave a stressed laugh this time. “It’s not… a bad thing. I don’t think it would be the worst thing if she was really pregnant, I just wouldn’t expect it to be that way, that’s all. We’re still young and we still have a few years until we’re done with college. But I’ve thought about our future a lot lately.”

 

“You have?” Jisoo asked, but he didn’t mean to, it just sorta slipped out.

 

“Yeah, even though it’s only been three years since we started dating, we’ve been through a lot… I just don’t see myself living my life without her after it all and so I decided,” he said before turning to pull something out of the bottom drawer of his nightstand, “maybe she’s the one I want to be with for the rest of my life.” He opened up the small ring box and showed it to Jisoo who was shocked.

 

Jisoo was having a hard time trying to comprehend what he was looking at, it wasn’t like he didn’t know what it was, more like… he didn’t want to believe Jeonghan was showing him an engagement ring right now. The weird pang in his heart hurt more this time and he felt a small sting in the back of his eyes. Maybe this is what rejection feels like? He thought while taking a CLOSER look at the ring when Jeonghan handed it over. It was clear in his mind that he told himself that he didn’t like Jeonghan that way, but his body was reacting differently and maybe it was true. Maybe he did like Jeonghan that way after all? Maybe he was just in denial this whole time and made himself believe something else to mask it? Why else was he about to cry after Jeonghan showed him the engagement ring that wasn’t meant for him, but for his girlfriend, Soo Min. I don’t understand myself anymore.

 

“Hey?” Jeonghan’s voice snapped him out of it. “Are you okay?”

 

“Huh?” Jisoo looked over and saw Jeonghan reach out to catch a tear that had fallen.

 

“You’re crying?”

 

“Oh!” Jisoo looked away and wiped at his eyes with a sorry laugh. “I’m just happy for you, that’s all. Hearing how much you care about her… it’s touching, that’s all.”

 

“I didn’t think you’d be moved that much.” Jeonghan was slightly confused but thought it was cute at the same time. It was nice to know his friend supported his relationship, right?

 

“Yeah, I’m really happy, that’s all.” Jisoo managed to say and forced a smile, Jeonghan didn’t notice it and really thought Jisoo was telling the truth.

 

“Thanks.” Jeonghan’s smile was genuine when he took the ring back to admire a bit more. Jisoo tried to keep his emotions from flooding out while still in the presence of Jeonghan. He could let it out later when he’s alone. But he wasn’t sure how long he could hold out, so he decided to take his leave, even if it was so sudden.

 

“You should get back to studying.” He said while getting up from his spot. “I just wanted to come make sure you were still alive since you didn’t respond to me.”

 

“Sorry! I’ll be sure to reply next time!” Jeonghan jumped up so he could see him off at the door. “Oh right, before you go, how’s Minghao doing?”

 

“Last I checked, he was still sleeping. Junhui told me he took one of the painkillers the doctor prescribed so he was really knocked out. He hadn’t been sleeping well, so hopefully he got enough rest this time.” Jisoo explained during their walk to the door.

 

“That’s good. Hopefully he’ll be feeling much better now.”

 

“I’m sure he will.” He started to put his shoes and jacket on.

 

“Be sure to get a lot of rest, too.” Jeonghan nagged, in a cute way.

 

“I will. You do the same.” Jisoo manage a genuine smile this time. “Goodnight, Jeonghan.”

 

“Goodnight Jisoo, sweet dreams~!” Jeonghan beamed after he stepped out the door. Jisoo gave one final wave and headed down the hallway to leave. He didn’t look back since the tears had started to resurface again. I’m happy for him, I really am. He repeated in his head. Despite that, he cried anyway on his lonely walk home.


Chapter fifty-four~

kR387d0cqyzuYb6uBQ7wq-Ik9oZ2OBuNvXBt4qUlbqdPk8qiU6BE-RAhkmDiJl3ApycYL2FH2DDfoJLq8L2K8KWUbVhNYjFdZc8vwBzKcA_JWTtgvuq-xaLB7oDhe3SWjLFlsedR

Jeonghan: *Talking about his future with Soo Min*

uAR3CqEAtsiPu9ZEf8lD-JLnNZ_STKX8TxHRm16voCTJIj1RpM90Z7QTSDr-dVJOfKUtZXS0kxP_I50-HPwz-TPhsZgvtw9SBo5HtZqxt4PTwQUaqYvaEz4cl9gPXPoHPZOdyciP

Jisoo: … *regrets coming over*

zdj7g41L7LFIaW4F6hT7BSnvynBVDdZ0On95rEhXYn-ZxUOA4VNalrLbfW6myOX00XhsRcQAHdXjCxq6scngwoEEk2izekqCv1dzqhHDbw1Lh8Is3jrbGSAWFmNqS2KkkQZus95l

Jeonghan: *keeps talking*

gJQvQyIISHTVCQoG_8GltiHaOUcQYEgJwrC5n1CyklkjOiNaM7-TgRPFJrUCK4VJOtJTVvS9Reqh7kE1Y5Gq1FQasEkvSpzRLN-N8uMFaevcOD8YzoraHVJ_3Pz-0Slh_BL-jiIN

Jisoo: Author-nim, can you not do this?

OVZg4ffQ73co_fwpwWjDHPBMsdKAgSmx2Nmsd_orS82z1bqSMoqvn7Zd0nTakt6-xLjEKY24jYdfFsP4q75wm-uInRR0sz2o1mapCAlg3GT3oI9qJRr21HiTsZdacUC-IusmPWVM

… okay, okay lol

fE7GjLPh_d4FvO6FFhF1aQBMlN8mI6g8BH5nf6g8nquGL1x1uT51Tbt3QIdPmrjscgqkYSOvGVWzrrHeZl3Bl7sJnQw017f3FYDDMf-cvgoaVFHXOmQ-7CTA7PD7eec5QexKbXcG

A lot happened… just take a moment to process it.

4gCkYM9xaq3FjwWPntqHC_QdLckftrq5B1UU-OEK3DkxlFz6Wv6gQbs1VKtheUHa_f4wa-LWzAxhseZEVDNZHk-RwvxFExLDoxA1bDEJnlXfNBZol7oRmJ6IcRHn6W81O5V15RWV

■■■■■■□□□□ 60%

Loading...

t6QxPGzwqCuxOx6MaVXw0DjRSweT_tN43Maq867i-0J3z7nwPR0XJ-uW9Yzu-pvecgu6SmYhijB6lAB9t70ilfF_9xpAu0-NcMujAqEDNFWvfxV3HTZAHr_KmD4tfxyhUWePLJT8

Vernon: Heeeey, my Boo wants me to move in with him? Waaah? *blush*

Ihpq6pMkweF7svvxZY_dCFN1YaJlk3372FMdaOQ27IwjZVn35fcQvJKKYw8G6YuBP_nJVAiuBgTuNHbvLmjcDxRiB5NtEnBodzZ-5zqTWmAI-DKQcjBDUAWHmBn4pbdZMtIzucFZ

Seungkwan: Yes, yes I do! So why don't you?!

7LnQd8fasp7xXm-S0yZZj789ZRwoBvWCEmYpmxy7aq9eEqbB-nE_IgcG1kfaE3UQUoQIYM2JyXOZMuogjNN2K1xQD4RugETt0Neg80hBP3Iv7N8DcNufIVNkWEL8Fo5P_7UtxNqc

Seokmin: Where would Mingyu stay? You two are roommates. We don't have enough room, sorry Boo.

DDN9VdQIBaOleZAQvc4jNxaupawKh--TYWXXI0PJaPQlo5S2nKKF2DUHTqnoFVZ5aJgZL-Srr_Jey5-Q-qo2N4fFPIZezwqF0MEQhMSNhA1bOD1zJT1zkUKgZoDVIviqCF05Scx5

Seungkwan: ….

Soonyoung: He's blowing a fuse!

DG0SS9E5Pp6LWk1wvJmL6jwvFHpVql44AQXbuPRXntHDUmc2z92iZWkIy7zwIMl0k8_Yz6DAYQhhtsVIjQU8HLDJSvi2PicvWFr7zgHoGwtHr8xwFUSQt2ECQwHOVkRN3tNZHJZi

Vernon: It's okay, babe, I have to help mom with Sofia so don't be mad, Boo.

3yuSRYtlVvYvxcPwwpKLb-WY6yyAYJTBi682YEy7K1dBwHDm8Z6M3yLrshH0668roN0OLXhiHczG8OfhbS0iSqm735QpijLtd7Cs14Ec8Gld_DVfb-zFMusl2d1dKpJez-0Q24JY

Mingyu: *Didn't think Boo wanted to replace him so bad, sad lifeu* 😂

xMsLo3fcJkOLwneTSNqV4QkUDUFoydX5WdG1y83XeN7lLz6mrqwkx1vf8F2JF-XYtJ5sVezFuY55nmn_M7pna0ImT53FiMJFb_4EBaTHPKXgfWUVyjH6YMEdx6jzRJNFnkR0L4kn

This is going nowhere, I’ll get out of here…

And stop RHYMING LOL

w6tCVQU5NU5Jsq2k2VYaUwowpHacgpttENQAAtM8VcX1tuezarlGjBqBSeHzYSo3E_deX_z-ofl3NjZfkMdK-BsEozmtEwT_ckK3LLmlI9JNuFfBc4BFvJkamxFWkymMkp7w0yjb

Until next time!

 

Ps. I just realized BOOSOONSEOK, those three, their names all start with S. Whoa… triple S SQUAD.

DVHqG-8eCmI6gpoA0SY7ZlKCj58vVLSFmbfrhpxQKbHSdhNC-V9-d4K9Db48_Q4BdRTtURUcaTgJqn5FJQv3qH-iuEQNO3KhoAb47H0y8YyCI7CMDEMryhazk1unxvviuVuz8bot

SSS SQUAD

y, Sassy and Silly

Ah Yeah...

mT4D6EfQyIp5ETPcAwlhSGiuveo19rtohtw1-_AkfdnKHvNf57ZtGOvK4Lr6Rfu4bvlxMV01P58SjxdenWfIOMXxVJrSfNVP3O88igtrpaivQ12eTr1Wado6ewESzmzNCBzMSzkl

Vernon: My bias in SSS is obviously my Boo, Seungkwan.

cRrKw2isNgjkNtVI49R9i-OdmOEzl7GaLboFM4KyTUZwpD4WRnWPSz_XczTbU3X1erYnM7JfW49JLEuRvVveQofOoFd48ABWcRrwH9JgC6PiCl9dp1KMWCNU8oLiYSnYfADRtVVf

Rgwa9PrAFzKrUKqgn_VDyijjK9-J8stB1Vq1OuTqngeXxfkWHYUv9YdZ3ISahLkYabnaLuOQSNaTbxRj3DYuuBv-5DDsvDdaU9UyMItDIJbd0914b34d0mc7pUODwidjrtvs9DHG

PPS. Happy Birthday to both Seungcheol and Minhyun~!

August 8th and August 9th