Chapter SEVENTEEN

CLOSER [HIATUS]

Soo Min had taken photos of everyone during the prep for dinner, during dinner and after dinner to document the memories! She snapped photos of Mingyu cooking and his friends helping him. She also took a photo of Seungcheol giving Mingyu’s friends tips on starting a campfire and Chan was so eager to learn everything, it was adorable. When everything started to come together, she managed to sneak a photo of Won Woo and Jeonghan eating together and actually talking without any attitudes or glares! She was so happy to see everyone was having such a good time on this camping trip.

 

After taking at least a hundred photos, she was about to finally sit down and eat, but Mingyu and his friends caught her attention when they started to get loud with their talking and laughter, this time she started to record and stood nearby, their backs were facing her so they hadn’t noticed she was standing behind them. That was when she noticed their groups had separated from each other. It wasn’t a bad thing, but she thought they were all going to eat together! Mingyu was with his friends while Won Woo was surrounded by her friends. I suppose breakfast tomorrow morning will be different! She thought with a small smile before returning her attention back to her sneaky task.

 

Maybe she shouldn’t be secretly recording them like this, but it sounded like something they’d like to play back after some time! They seemed to be joking about their past camping adventures and their chat quickly escalated to talking about Won Woo. She figured he’d be brought up at some point, but she didn’t expect to hear this. “When are you going to confess to Won Woo?” Seungkwan had asked in an impatient tone. Oh snap! She was conflicted on whether now was a good time to stop… but that daredevil side of her overpowered her responsible side.

 

“Can you guys stop bringing that up!” Mingyu said in complaint.

 

“But it seemed like you two were really hitting it off last night when you were talking at that spot away from the tent!” Soonyoung blurted out. “I saw the way you two were looking at each other! I swear… it seemed like you two were going to kiss!”

 

“Just stop!” Mingyu whimpered and started to look embarrassed.

 

“Don’t you like him?” Seokmin was the third to speak on the subject. Hansol seemed like he wasn’t going to say much about it since he was stuffing his face with his food.

 

“I do… I really do.” Mingyu’s voice was calm and soft, obviously since he didn’t want to be that loud about it. It wasn’t like Won Woo wasn’t here, he had to be careful! “I just don’t want to rush anything. I’ve been getting mixed signals from him a lot lately, so I’m just taking it slow. I don’t want to pressure him and I don’t want to scare him off or make things weird. Sometimes things like this take time… and I’m okay with waiting. Even though I really like him, I’m fine with just being friends for now. I’m fine with just being by his side and I hope I can be by his side for a long time.”

 

“Awww~!” His friends cooed, embarrassing him further. Soo Min almost blew her cover when she almost cooed along with them! She thought now was the time to stop filming and hurried back to her friends.

 

“Where were you?!” Jihoon scolded once she sat down on the fold up chair next to him. The others were getting up to clean up since they were done eating. “Dinner’s over now!”

 

“Sorry! I had to use the bathroom!” She lied with a sheepish laugh.

 

“Did you go to the bathrooms over there?” He pointed over at the small building in the distance. He’d understand if that was the case, it wasn’t like she was a fast walker to begin with.

 

“Y-Yeah?” She hoped that didn’t make her seem so suspicious and too bad, it did.

 

“I don’t know what you were up to but I’m going to get a headache trying to get it out of you.” He narrowed his eyes at her. “Don’t do it again.” He warned before getting up to clean up with the rest. He mentioned he’d send someone over with her food.

 

“Phew.” Soo Min sat back in her chair and brought out her camera to see if she could playback the small video she just recorded. She made sure the volume was down and grinned when the part of Mingyu talking about Won Woo played. The video showed she had zoomed in on his face while he was talking and the look on his face was so precious, he looked so in love!

 

“Hey.” She suddenly heard Won Woo speak next to her and she shrieked and almost dropped her camera in the process. “Jeez! What’s up with you?!” He frowned after she managed to catch her camera before it fell and she leaned away from him like she was afraid of him.

 

“Nothing!” She exclaimed while putting her camera back into his little bag and put it behind her in her seat to protect. That’s when she noticed he had brought her a plate of food. “Oh, for me, right?” She pointed.

 

“Of course.” He nodded and handed it off to her. “Take your time. I’ll be helping the others.” He added.

 

“Okay, have fun!” She grinned and waved at him after seeing him smile a bit. When he left, he headed over to help the others and she could see him talk to Mingyu. That set her off in a fangirl spazz. “So cute~!” She gushed. Now she wondered when would those two hook up? It’s obvious that they both like each other! Mingyu said so himself, even Won Woo, but they’ve yet to say it to each other!

 

“What are you squealing about?” She heard her boyfriend ask and saw him take a seat next to her. “Hurry up and eat your food before it gets cold.” He then scolded.

 

“Right!” She chuckled and started to eat for real this time. “Are you done helping?”

 

“Yeah. They have enough hands as is and I noticed you were by yourself so of course I had to come over and keep you company.” He smiled after scooting his chair CLOSER to hers and proceeded to wrap an arm around her shoulder. Because she was too busy taking a bite of her food, he looked behind her and saw her camera pouch sitting behind her. He could recall Jihoon muttering to him about her being suspicious with her camera.

 

He thought maybe he should have a peek at it to see what she was up to all that time? He managed to let his hand slide down her back and she arched forward with a small yelp and he took that chance to snatch her camera before she could turn and scold him. “Don’t do that with so many people around!” She pouted.

 

“Sorry.” He chuckled before getting up and passing the camera off into his other hand behind his back to sneak into his jacket pocket. “I need the bathroom, I’ll be back.” He said before heading towards the building Jihoon had pointed out before. And speak of the devil, Seungcheol, Chan and Jihoon were heading that way too! Soo Min didn’t find her boyfriend to be suspicious and instead continued to eat. At some point Mingyu came over to ask if she wanted seconds and she happily agreed.

 

 

“I snatched her camera.” Jeonghan mentioned to his friends after they were done using the bathroom and washed their hands.

 

“You did?” Jihoon asked, not shocked since he figured what he said to him earlier got him curious.

 

“You what?” Chan was confused and looked between the two before looking to Seungcheol for an answer.

 

“Why?” The oldest asked.

 

“Jihoon said she was being suspicious when she came back to our side.” Jeonghan explained while turning on the camera to access the files. He could see all the pictures she took of them earlier and smiled. “She took so many!” He turned the camera around for them to see on the small LED screen.

 

“She should be a photographer!” Chan said with a cute smile.

 

“Should you really be going through her camera like that?” Seungcheol didn’t seem to like this idea.

 

“Maybe not.” Jeonghan muttered, he was still going through the files. “But she won’t be mad at me for too long, if you know what I mean.” He added with a small chuckle but flinched when Jihoon punched him in the arm.

 

“Don’t ever say that in front of me again.” Jihoon warned.

 

“Say what?” Poor Chan was always excluded in the conversations between adults!

 

“Don’t worry about it!” Seungcheol gave a nervous laugh and patted him on the shoulders. He’d scold his roommate later.

 

“If this camera breaks, it’s on you.” Jeonghan glared at his smaller friend. They were lucky he didn’t drop it when Jihoon punched him. “Anyways, I found a video.”

 

“A video?” They all asked and Jeonghan snickered at that. That was something that annoyed him when people repeated what he said. As if they didn’t hear him the first time!

 

He played the video quickly before they could waste anymore time. They didn’t think it’d be a bad thing if some of the others came to the bathrooms, but that was until they saw the videos was of Mingyu and his friends and they were talking about Won Woo. It had picked up where Soo Min was last watching and they heard the small confession Mingyu made about wanting to be by Won Woo’s side forever.

 

“We were definitely not supposed to see that.” Chan frowned after Jeonghan quickly turned off the camera and put it back in the pouch. He shoved it in his pocket again and sprinted out of the building to rush back to the campsite, leaving the others there to think about what they just heard. They supposed it wasn’t bad since this just left them a good impression of Mingyu now. They felt like they could really trust him around Won Woo.

 

“Never speak of this again.” Jihoon muttered to the two before heading out to go back to the tent.

 

“Right!” The two nodded and followed after him. When they got outside they could see Jeonghan jogging back to the tent. He was almost there and Mingyu and his friends were now coming to wash up. CLOSE CALL! “Act natural!” Jihoon instructed as they greeted them and passed them to go back to the tent.

 

When Jeonghan got back, he saw Soo Min was still sitting at her chair eating and he was relieved. He rushed over to sit in his chair next to her and almost startled her. “What’s wrong?!” She asked, referring to his panting. “Were you running?”

 

“I just missed you so much!” He blurted out and leaned over to hug her tightly. He managed to put her camera back while doing so.

 

“Y-Yah! Stop! You’re going to make me spill my food!” She complained and he let go and leaned back in his seat, defeated. He swore he’d never do something like that again!

 

When she was done with her food, she left to clean up and already forgot about her camera. “Babe, you forgot your camera.” He picked it up and got up to follow after her.

 

“Oh!” She turned around and took it from him and handed him her empty plate. “Can you take care of that for me? Thanks!” She gave a thumbs up and ran off to the tent to put her camera away in her bag. Jeonghan would have protested, but after what he did, he figured he shouldn’t protest. He was feeling guilty now.

 

“Don’t worry, I doubt she’ll ever find out.” Jihoon muttered as he passed him to go into the tent. He went to the tent room they were in before dinner and saw Soo Min putting something away in her bag while Won Woo was checking something on his phone. “There’s service out here?” He asked.

 

“Yeah.” Won Woo nodded and both Soo Min and Jihoon were shocked. “What?”

 

“Usually there isn’t service when you go camping!” Soo Min pointed out.

 

“Isn’t that when you camp in the mountains or something?” Won Woo chuckled at their expressions. “I guess the times have changed, it’s not like what they said in the books.”

 

“Still…” Jihoon trailed off.

 

“I know.” Won Woo smiled and put his phone down. “I was just checking the weather. I’d rather not get rained on again.” He added.

 

“That was terrible!” Soo Min wailed and they laughed at her for always being so dramatic. The small trio of friends took a few minutes to talk about the dinner and Jihoon ignored bringing up the topic of Soo Min missing during the whole thing. Won Woo didn’t seem like he wanted to ask about it either and Soo Min was relieved.

 

 

A few hours had passed and the sun had gone down. Everyone had split up in their own little groups and did smaller activities since they all planned to do one huge group activity tomorrow before they leave at noon. In other words, they all conveniently split off into pairs. SoonSeok were together planning tomorrow’s activity. Boonon went on a walk together. Seungcheol was talking to Jihoon about his past experiences with camping since the latter seemed so interested about it. Junhui and Chan had left to find a bigger area to practice some Kung Fu because Chan was interested in learning from Junhui. Soo Min and Jeonghan were inside the tent cuddling since they knew they’d be separated later on. That left Mingyu and Won Woo together for a walk by the pond.

 

Won Woo had asked to see the pond since he never got to show up for the fishing activity earlier. Mingyu agreed to show him and gave him a few tips for tomorrow so it wouldn’t be overwhelming. “It’s so pretty.” They both had commented after a while at the same time. When they heard each other, they looked over and smiled.

 

“This is nice.” Won Woo added. “I didn’t know I would like it so much…”

 

“I’m glad you like it.” Mingyu smiled. “I figured it’d be scary at first since we’re away from the city and it’s a lot different from just visiting and then going home for the night.”

 

“Yeah. I guess I was scared for nothing.” The older gave a sheepish laugh.

 

“No, it’s okay. It’s okay to be scared.” Mingyu assured him. “Not that I want you to be scared, I just don’t want you to think it’s silly, because it’s not. I was scared on my first camping trip too, since it was so different from being in the city like I mentioned. My friends were also scared!” He chuckled. “I can remember we were so nervous and we spent the first day in the tent huddled up together because of the strange noises outside. Seungkwan’s parents thought we were being so cute.”

 

“Really?” Won Woo was curious on what he meant by strange noises.

 

“Well, when we went camping, they took us to a traditional camping ground. There was no cell service and we had to be cautious of wildlife. I think I saw a bear on the last day, it was a good thing we were packing up to leave!”

 

“Uh…” Won Woo suddenly felt scared now that he realized they were out in an open space by a pond. He subconsciously stepped CLOSER to Mingyu.

 

“Don’t worry, this camping ground is safe. We have cell service, there’s a convenience store nearby, bathrooms and the whole area is fenced off to keep any wildlife out if there were any. Since there’s so much commotion going on around here, I really doubt there’s any closeby to start with. All we have are just the fish in the pond.” Mingyu explained with a cute smile while point out to the water.

 

The moon was out and the moonlight was shining off the calm water until a fish had came up to the surface and disrupted the still water and caused ripples. Won Woo was a bit startled and stepped back, he had been a little too focused.

 

“Are you okay?” Mingyu asked with a hint of laughter.

 

“I’m fine.” Won Woo assured him. “I suppose that was karma from the other night when I scared you.”

 

“Possibly.” Mingyu chuckled before he looked back out at the water. “Sorry that it wasn’t me who scared you.” He added and Won Woo could hear the pout in his tone.

 

“Too bad.” Won Woo snickered. “It’d be better than being startled by a stupid fish. How embarrassing.”

 

“That’s okay, it was cute.” Mingyu admitted. He could tell that embarrassed Won Woo further, but he didn’t expect to get a reply after that. There was a moment of silence until Mingyu glanced over to check on him and was surprised to see Won Woo staring at him. “What is it?”

 

“Oh?” He snapped out of it and placed a hand over his chest with a shake of his head. “N-Nothing.” He said before facing the water again.

 

“Are you sure?” Mingyu stepped over with a concerned look. “Does your chest hurt?” He added while pointing to his hand.

 

“No.” Won Woo shook his head. “My heart just started to race suddenly, I don’t know why…” he muttered. But he knew why! He cursed at himself for saying that out loud.

 

“Suddenly? Do you think you need to go to the hospital or something?” Mingyu asked, clearly worried now. “You know, I actually got trained in first aid, would you let me check if it’s something serious?”

 

“You know first aid?” Won Woo sounded impressed. No wonder why he seemed so worried when he’d get hurt.

 

“Yes.” Mingyu nodded. “Can you tell me if you have any other symptoms besides your racing hear-”

 

“I’m fine!” Won Woo blurted out. “I’m not sick!” He could see his outburst shocked Mingyu and he started to feel bad. “It’s not like that… don’t worry.” He added a moment later.

 

“But-”

 

“I was just nervous, that’s all.” Won Woo cut him off again. “Or I just got really happy and my heart couldn’t handle it.” He added with a snicker this time. “I’ll be fine.”

 

“Won Woo…” hearing those words also started to make Mingyu’s heart race. He was nervous because of me? He was happy because of me?

 

“Sorry, I have to go!” Won Woo’s cheeks had become visibly red and he ran off to head back to the tent. Mingyu wanted to call after him but he remembered what he had said to his friends earlier… he didn’t want to push it. Was that what I think it was? He thought to himself with a faint smile. He wondered if Won Woo was going to tell him about his feelings just now?

 

 

“Are you having fun on this trip?” Jeonghan asked to his girlfriend lying close to him. He had his right arm under her neck for support while his other hand was occupied with holding her hand.

 

“Besides getting lost and caught in the rain, yes.” She answered with a cute smile. She was admiring their conjoined hands before she felt him kiss her on the cheek. “It’s a lot different than what I had imagined. I thought it’d be worse, but I am actually having fun now.”

 

“That’s good.” He said before shifting a bit and used his arm to hold himself up. He smiled down at her and he could see her start to get nervous, probably because of the position he was in and the fact he grinned at her.

 

“No.” She blurted out and he laughed at how she said that without him even asking her anything.

 

“No, what?” He teased before he swung his left leg over and was now hovering over her with his hands placed on either side of her head.

 

“Jeonghan!” She blushed and looked away. “Don’t joke around like that, it’s not funny!” She added while hitting him on his chest when he got close.

 

“I just wanted a kiss.” He chuckled.

 

“You could’ve kissed me in the spot you were in!”

 

“But this spot is better.” He said mischievously until they heard the tent room zipper . When they saw who entered, Jeonghan froze.

 

“What the do you think you’re doing?” Won Woo said in a pissed tone.

 

“Wai-” Jeonghan was going to explain himself but Won Woo already had grabbed him by the leg and pulled him out. It was shocking at how easy it seemed! After he was pulled out of the room, Won Woo helped him stand up and began to push him outside. He shoved him once they stepped foot outside of the tent and that’s when Mingyu had returned. Jeonghan fell when he tripped over his own foot and he landed on his stomach in a comedic way. He wasn’t hurt at least but it looked like it.

 

“Stay out, ert!” Won Woo warned before going back inside.

 

“Are you okay?! What happened?” Mingyu asked after he rushed to his friend’s aid.

 

“I’m okay.” Jeonghan laughed after getting help from Mingyu to stand. “I tripped on my foot.”

 

“But still… why did he push you?” He hoped there was a good reason!

 

“Because I’m a ert.” Jeonghan snickered while dusting off his clothes. “Leave it to Won Woo to walk in on me teasing my girlfriend. He does this all the time, it’s nothing new.” He explained. “He’s just really protective of Soo Min. That’s all. I get it.”

 

“I see…” Mingyu wasn’t sure how to feel! Should he feel sorry for Jeonghan or be disappointed? “Maybe it’d be a good idea if you didn’t do that while there are other people around?”

 

“Agreed.” Jeonghan let out a small sigh. “But they’re just so easy to tease, I can’t help it sometimes!” He suddenly grinned from ear to ear. He didn’t seem remorseful at all.


“Hyung!” Mingyu frowned at his expression.

 

“I know, I know.” The older chuckled before he ran a hand through his hair. “No goodnight kiss for me, I guess.”

 

“You’ll live.” Mingyu laughed. There was a moment between them before he spoke again. “Hyung, want to talk for a bit?”

 

“Sure.” He agreed and they both walked away from the tent so their conversation could be private. “What did you want to talk about?”

 

“Anything.” Mingyu smiled before it faltered a bit. “Well, actually… I wanted to get to know you better. We don't get to meet often besides on campus.”

 

“True.” Jeonghan nodded. “I bet you wanna know everything I know about Won Woo? Right?” He suddenly teased and Mingyu snickered at that. Of course he went there.

 

“I want to know about Soo Min, too.” He defended.

 

“Even if it's not truly my place to tell you, they really don't open up well to others… I probably can't tell you a lot since they still don't open up to me even after these past three years.” Jeonghan said with a hint of sadness in his smile. “But I hope they'll talk to me more in the future.”

 

“I hope so too.” Mingyu felt bad. So he supposed it'd be a task on getting to know them from the beginning. “Well, the other night I talked to Won Woo and learned his parents live in the states?”

 

“They do.” Jeonghan's expression hardened a bit. “I don't know a lot about that, it seems to be a touchy subject to him and even Soo Min.”

 

“I see.” At least Mingyu knows not to ask too much about that now. He'd let Won Woo talk about it when he wants to.

 

“The least I can say is they moved when he was 15 (during first year of high school in Spring). About 5 years ago because of their jobs. Ever since then, he and Soo Min have been jointed at the hip.”

 

“Does that bother you?” Mingyu was curious.

 

“It did at first, but not anymore.” Jeonghan gave a weak smile. “I mean... it was difficult after I graduated. The times I needed her, she was with him.” His expression turned into one of guilt and sadness suddenly. “I didn't understand their relationship that much back then so I got jealous and angry and made an of myself at times. I guess that’s why Won Woo doesn't like me that much.”

 

Mingyu wasn't sure what to say and only nodded to let Jeonghan know he was listening. He supposed he was going to hear a personal story now, which he didn't mind, after all… he said he wanted to get to know his new friends.

 

“I don't know if you heard the story from your friends yet since I saw Soo Min talking to your friend Hansol that day she took your picture. If not, you should ask him some time, it's a cute story unlike the one I'm about to tell you.”

 

“You don't have to if you don't want to. I don't want you to get upset, hyung…” Mingyu spoke up. He could tell by the older’s expression that he was remembering bad memories already.

 

“No, I don't get to talk about it a lot. This would be good. You wanted to get to know me, right? You only want to know the good things?” Jeonghan asked with a small laugh. Mingyu shook his head, implying he wanted to know everything. “I'll try to sum it up and not bore you with too many details.” He said before sitting back in his seat.

 

He began to tell his story. He started off with saying that he started dating Soo Min in his senior year during the summer. They weren't close in the beginning for obvious reasons but even after 6 months, she still didn't want to get close. He explained that both Soo Min and Won Woo weren't very affectionate at the start. It might have been the way they grew up or maybe something happened while they were growing up that made them like that? He didn't know since they never really talk about themselves to others. It also might have been because of her ex boyfriend and she just wasn't ready to be affectionate yet. Either way, Jeonghan backed off for a bit to give Soo Min her personal space.

 

It had been around when he graduated, so after a short while of not seeing each other often, she started to miss her clingy boyfriend. That was when she had started to be affectionate towards him in return. Jeonghan was happy to see she was getting CLOSER to him, but they still didn't talk much. Won Woo had played the role of the protective older brother anytime he saw the two together. It really started to piss Jeonghan off when he started to be present every time he came to visit her.

 

“After I graduated, I had to work to save up for college. I had to work at least three jobs to save enough. My grandmother insisted that she'd help me pay for it but I didn't want to burden her. Just like Won Woo, my parents also moved while I was in high school. I liked living in Seoul, I lived there my whole life and I had so many friends and I was just getting to know Soo Min and her friends. I didn't want to leave. I protested and of course my parents got mad and didn't understand why I wanted to stay… I didn't think I had to explain myself, but at least my grandmother came out to Seoul to look after me until I graduated.”

 

“Can I ask why they left?” Mingyu softly asked.

 

“Tch, I don't know. Maybe they got sick of the city or something? I haven't seen them for two years now, ever since I took Soo Min to meet them. I thought they'd be happy but they weren't.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I guess my parents were the type who wanted their son by their side always. They wanted to be apart of my life, but when I said no to moving away from Seoul with them after they already sold the house and made arrangements for us to live somewhere else… they got pissed, of course. I ruined their hopes of us sticking together as as family forever. And when they heard I started dating Soo Min in senior year, they said they didn't like her because she kept me from them. I felt so sorry to her when she cried and apologized to my parents for it. She claimed she didn't know about it and that wouldn't have been her intention had she known. At that point I concluded that my parents were being petty and just wanted to control my life. I didn't see it before but I saw it then when I saw them yelling at the girl I love.”

 

“Hyung!” Mingyu blurted out. “This is so sad, I'm sorry!”

 

“It's fine.” Jeonghan laughed when he saw how upset Mingyu was, he didn't mean to seem evil, but he thought it was cute. “I handled it. I took Soo Min away and promised I'd never let that happen again. She told me that she understood they were my parents and I should do what I need to do to maintain my relationship with them. But it seemed like breaking up would be the only option, it was clear they didn't like her and they never would unless they grew up and got over it. I didn't want that, so I let it go. Maybe someday they'll realize that my happiness is more important than me spending the rest of my life in their nest.”

 

“I hope they'll realize that before it's too late.”

 

“Me too. Because of all that, I had to work really hard on supporting myself. I'm glad my grandmother was there for me but unfortunately she had to move into an elderly home shortly after I graduated and so I had to move in with Seungcheol, which was fine. It really helped a lot since I worked three jobs, I didn't have to worry about taking care of her with time that I didn't have. I did visit her a lot when I couldn't visit Soo Min because of Won Woo and school. They were still in high school at the time.”

 

“So, did he just tell you to stay away?”

 

“Pretty much. He told me not to distract her from her studies. But from time to time she would text me and let me know that Won Woo wasn't around and I'd visit her. We never did anything when I'd visit, so he had nothing to worry about. There were days when I just needed to see her because I felt like I was going insane from working so much, but half the time she'd tell me she was busy with school or she was with Won Woo. I didn't want to be a jerk so I never said anything most of the time. One time I fell asleep while I was visiting and Won Woo showed up.”

 

Mingyu suddenly felt worried about what he was going to say next.

 

“He was so mad. Like an angry father.” Jeonghan laughed. “But then again he fit the brother role better. It was strange, though, I just didn't understand why he was so angry and I started to wonder if he actually had feelings for Soo Min? He seemed angry like a jealous lover walking in on his woman cheating.”

 

“Really?”

 

“No, I was just being a and imagining things. I already knew he was gay by then. That's when I made an of myself like I mentioned earlier. They had an important test the next day, but I had kept Soo Min from studying like the irresponsible boyfriend I was. I thought it was no big deal but Won Woo didn't think the same and we got into a fight. It was verbal before it got physical. Don't worry, no one got hurt because we so bad at fist fighting!” Jeonghan laughed again. “I kept missing, he kept missing until I accidentally punched the wall and almost broke my hand. It was hilarious, too bad it wasn't caught on film!”

 

“Hyung…” Mingyu wasn't amused that he was laughing at something so serious.

 

“We haven't fought like that since. I feel like that was the last fight we'd ever have. Won Woo avoids fights now. He'll just leave without a word. I've learned to do that same but sometimes it's hard. I hate it when people don't listen to me so I tend to stick around for the fight intending to win.”

 

“I guess I can understand that.” Mingyu nodded in agreement. He supposed it was just something everyone couldn't help.

 

“Now, after two years I've gotten over the fact that my girlfriend lives with her over protective best friend. I just tell myself that one day it will be different and I just have to be patient. Sometimes I'm jealous but most of the time I'm glad there's someone looking out for her.” Jeonghan smiled after looking at the tent.

 

“Awh, that's sweet hyung!” Mingyu cooed.

 

“I hope there will be someone looking out for Won Woo in the future besides her and Jihoon.”

 

“I'm sure there will be, don't worry.” Mingyu assured him while also looking at the tent. Jeonghan grinned while the younger wasn't looking. I know. He thought before their friends returned to the tent for bed. “It's that time already?!” He frowned. “Sorry, I didn't mean to talk for so long!”

 

“It's okay, hyung.” Mingyu smiled while patting him on the back. He appreciated Jeonghan being open with him tonight. That’s when he noticed someone coming their way just then and his smile widened. “I'll go inside first then!” He chirped before getting up to leave. “Make it quick!” He whispered to Soo Min when he passed her.

 

“Oh?” She was confused by that before Jeonghan got up and met her halfway. “Were you talking to Mingyu?”

 

“Yup.” He nodded before opening his arms wide for a hug. She smiled instantly and tackled him with a tight hug.

 

“I'm sorry about Won Woo kicking you out!” She apologized. “He needed to talk to me and you were in the way.”

 

“Figures.” Jeonghan snickered but in a joking way. “It's fine, don't worry about it.”

 

“But he interrupted our cuddle time!” She pouted.

 

“Don't worry, we can always cuddle when we get back to the city.” He assured her and kissed her on the forehead. “You should head back before he catches us in our secret meeting.”

 

“It's not secret, I told him I was coming out here!” She chuckled. “I have time!”

 

“Then we shouldn't waste it, huh?” He smiled before leaning down to lock his lips either hers in a sweet kiss that lasted for a bit.

 

“They're so adorable.” Mingyu cooed from inside the tent. He was peeking out from the entrance.

 

“Gross.” He heard Won Woo and Jihoon chorus behind him.

 

“I guess you two wouldn't understand.” He pouted at them with a small laugh. He turned to face them and he noticed Won Woo get quiet. He saw Jihoon look over at his friend before chuckling.

 

“Time for bed. Good night, giant.” Jihoon said before turning and dragged Won Woo along with him to their shared tentroom.

 

“Good night you two.” Mingyu managed to call after them before they disappeared behind the small tent door.

 

“Are we sharing a room?” He suddenly heard someone ask to his left. It was Junhui.

 

“Oh, uh… sure, if you want?” Mingyu nodded and watched Junhui chuckle in reply.

 

“Will we even fit? You’re a giant!”

 

“We don’t have to.” Mingyu pouted, though he was glad the talk between them hadn’t turned awkward since they don’t really know each other that well. They’ve only seen each other from time to time on campus at the table their friends would eat at. They hadn’t engaged in much conversation yet.

 

“Let’s see if this is gonna work then. I’m sure it will, I’m pretty flexible as is.” Junhui said while heading towards the tent room that was the furthest away from everyone else. Mingyu supposed Junhui just didn’t want to eavesdrop on the others if they were to sleep in the room next to Won Woo and his friends.

 

When the two got into the little room, they were able to fit. “Guess I didn’t get to show off my flexibility.” Junhui joked. “How about you, are you flexible?” He asked.

 

“Uh…” Mingyu wasn’t sure how to answer that. He didn’t want to say yes but then fail a test on it.

 

“Can you put your foot behind your head?” Junhui asked while sitting up to demonstrate. Mingyu’s eyes widened when he saw just how easy it seemed for the guy and he quickly shook his head. “Can you touch your toes without bending your legs?” Once again, he demonstrated it.

 

“Hyung, you’re joking right?” Mingyu chuckled before sitting up to attempt it. “My legs are too long…”

 

“That’s not a bad thing, though!” The older laughed. “To be honest, you have the face and physique of a model!”


“I do?” Mingyu suddenly felt shy when he saw Junhui scanning his body with his eyes. This hyung is also…?

 

“I bet you get a ton of ladies swooning over you, am I right? Damn… I’m kind of jealous. If only girls would swoon over me like that too!” Okay, maybe Mingyu jumped to conclusions too quickly.

 

“Well, yeah… I do get girls staring at me a lot most of the time.” Mingyu admitted. “And well, my mother is actually a model.”

 

“No way, seriously? No wonder!” Junhui looked so shocked and excited to hear that. “I’ve actually been thinking about getting into modeling myself.” He added while fixing his hair a bit. “You think I have a shot?”

 

“Honestly, yeah.” Mingyu nodded with a small smile.

 

“Really?! My friend is always joking that I can’t! He’s a part time model so I felt like I should just listen to him since he should know what he’s talking about, right?”

 

“I think he’s just teasing you.”

 

“Damn.” Junhui let his head drop in defeat. “I should really try it out, then? I recently befriended a fashion student who’s actually the son of the top female designer in Seoul. I wonder if that would be enough to get me into the modeling world?”

 

“If you’re that interested, I could contact my mother to help you get started? She likes to recruit new models most of the time.”

 

“You would do that for me?!”

 

“Yeah, she’s also friends with that top female designer, too. Choi Rina, right?”

 

“Yes! Oh my god!” Junhui looked like he was about to faint from getting so excited. “Just you wait, Hyungwon, I’m going to beat you at your own game!”

 

“Hyungwon?” Mingyu thought that name sounded familiar. “Chae Hyungwon?”

 

“Yeah, you know him?”

 

“My mother does.”

 

“Really? He’s actually Soo Min’s older cousin.”

 

“... really?” Mingyu was shocked for a moment. “Small world.”

 

“Seriously.” Junhui was also shocked. “I’m glad I chose to share a room with you tonight! I feel like my future just got a bit brighter! Thanks!”

 

“No problem, hyung.” Mingyu smiled. He was happy to know they were able to get CLOSER in some way and also, that he learned something new about Soo Min.

 

“If you need help with anything, ever, you can count on me!” Junhui beamed with a big thumbs up. “I am in your debt now.”

 

“Thanks. Don’t worry, I’m happy to help…” Mingyu gave a sheepish laugh. “Don’t overdo it.”

 

“Right!” Junhui nodded with a small laugh of his own. “I guess we should sleep now and make time move faster~! Goodnight, my favorite dongsaeng!” 😂

 

“Goodnight, hyung.” Mingyu said with a happy smile.

 

 

“Can’t sleep?” Soo Min asked to Won Woo who was also wide awake.

 

“Nope. You?” He answered while turning to face her.

 

“No.” She sighed and they both looked to Jihoon who was knocked out. “How did he fall asleep so fast?”

 

“Beats me.” He shrugged.

 

“Damn…” she rolled over onto her back and stared up at the tent ceiling. “What should we do?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Maybe the boredom would put us to sleep.”

 

“Maybe.”

 

“Are you still thinking about what happened between you and Mingyu at the pond?” She asked after turning to look at him again. He had told her about it after kicking Jeonghan out.

 

“Shut up.” He frowned. He didn’t want her bringing it up again, especially when it was so quiet and everyone probably could hear them talking, even if they were whispering.

 

“I wish I was thinking about something relating to this trip.” She sighed. “But no, my brain has to think about anything but the current moment.”

 

“Are you thinking about what you found out from your cousin?” Won Woo was the one to ask the question now.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Well, don’t.”

 

“Easier said than done, unfortunately.”

 

“Why don’t you think about your boyfriend then?”

 

“And miss him more?” She pouted.

 

“Nevermind.” He sighed in defeat. He wasn’t sure what else to say and it got silent between them.

 

Several minutes passed before they heard someone had gotten up. They didn’t move or say anything and tried to pretend that they were asleep when the person came to their tent room. Won Woo was half expecting it to be Jeonghan again, but he was surprised to see it was Mingyu.

 

“Are you two okay?” He asked.

 

“Oh?” Soo Min sat up to face him. “Uh, we’re okay… why?”

 

“I could hear whispering earlier. I wasn’t sure if it was you two since I couldn’t make out the voices.” He explained. Won Woo was relieved that he didn’t hear what they were talking about in the end. “Are you having trouble sleeping?” He added.

 

“Kind of.” Won Woo admitted. He supposed they shouldn’t lie since if they really couldn’t sleep, it would show later on when they do their group activity.

 

“Should we go for a walk? Maybe the fresh air will help.” Mingyu suggested with a small smile.

 

“That sounds good.” Soo Min nodded before looking towards Won Woo for his answer. He also nodded in agreement and they both quietly made their way out of the tent without disturbing the sound asleep Jihoon.

 

“Let’s go for a snack first?” Mingyu made another suggestion, they’d go to the convenience store nearby..

 

“Choco Pie-” Won Woo slapped a hand over her loud mouth.

 

“Quiet!” He whispered. “And no, you’re not getting more Choco Pies when you haven’t even finished the ones in your suitcase!” Mingyu laughed quietly at them before he started to lead the way.


Chapter SEVENTEEN~!

 

0NagqQ-QVeoKkffylBKJfapiVLohYG5T43izndfUQysITmCMtMoSPVTkK_KOWfKARm0pF1tK8NMKzZew1xqBC8CPRXwtgBVnkk7PaXMNTjDbmEwyGZlrNUVZ3sB949LIq5L8-qaw

Junhui wants to be a model~!

Uw_qsN3Rbky-JxuexX5Rv1-N-3-NZi-PA2DeA-PMH_X8wZhWec1eSF_CBSJB6a9menCpIdp589s5zrYCSb3qARhbiia_5isVkShxNEllb9fBBNV2Vgo_Xh3gygIDEAeVsvOBarcJ

Won Woo and Mingyu’s talk at the pond…. Ooooooooh~

So Won Woo has good reasons not to like Jeonghan? x.x

a2kkcbzVrrqhYw7dcQbiLfY5iszz0JgtLZ2zVR37wCsdF7ArmrXM5SH6zS7XJPycFJQDl2UXjfiR3TJ8m3i9TsZ3KVLs0tAzeBj3gpyk-kMI8W-xS91rsdJpnlOK4NbMDXVJbM2K

Poor Jeonghan~! TT^TT

C66u0-cI1dHpLcW1aANQJJMhPN51gJEkFOZt4qUrFrzEDDa6wmyc8WtQ-Z4fS-JzT2sxrjovuw8lPFLJKorkrlSvw_eH7mruxtEwRswSrut7WgrDkvTOsomo7PefbgNX5XONkWmf

Won Woo: Don’t feel sorry for a ert like him! He’s no angel, he’s fooling all of you!

UvzuaLK7xo-ZG0AG3_4ziitewTPWU-olR8xVBxgvI2jfc5HDve9PYY543xdjoIz16cWGZ7X_UJRLAzU9wuq8b7lYv_Iblqvrp3QEZ4jYJXDqG0ZXbtSJXmzxEyh6NoVFHuVUuXFC

Jeonghan: No, I’m not. You just have a personal grudge against me!

c1vOJVNmJYdRFSbK2XCSr_LfGdFQwTTO3VN8ehfedHGxYFE0UfVg7ymTA-sCmQ2GyT39pGeoTGMg8cC7C7CVzfE3wk7I7YGQEhvgIUF7pgXh8-X-X2zJUiUHb-HTvkux6uKjGz4h

Won Woo: I stand by my words…

T2P12RuqomIAnEs40QV46_zCVZ0uJH208ONIqxResR5TyYi22qOYccU9Bctfn541jg_QsclYYnj3vMFsOQ-AJF1h0O4MnXoFlPR-kDLQ-DOEtJWPerfTSM3yWRgYduZDC8yxjjkC

Jeonghan: Yes, those are YOUR words.

*Jeonghan is feeling so betrayed right now, honestly 😂*

xD3joyw3C6s-iPf-zOyqjaVZKjpmpc_xYIuFJERTc3vFEOzH_UPeTx7V3Ahdi86D5T_PMBz2NbWkFZaL7pfS7NaNpmIPiWuMRoEHUENUrEQqRU8Xvup9s1vlpOF77WKnEnDm3oJ8

Won Woo’s ready to fight.

eRFysmh9vMq4jyFsR6T5_WW5qXnKooLT-MhNoEgnmAQByV1q-r8dFpPtEaxYr2gx5ZCx4GMXBXiBRbnZupHuJ7t0GUUGaHHf491TvYTOTD3kbN5hwliFM32qWtCJ7yYtlrNrDbch

Jeonghan’s not ready.

LbYEBa1hwRP5AvJyV9NLMwBe7yoVBw1WpT8ECv3mb2QkX77NYi5DuqeJhdzb3NJzQ0IrVp5ALPIkY6664tdrxK3k4saGcbqw3ON0DxN21kgH84EuWESQnL6_z8xZ60-72XNX7bU9

Mingyu: Guys! Don’t fight! You’re better than that! Let’s be adults.

dy1psZOCvWpC5sQbXTBW6kUNxWRb80Ex_EXPzgKy38atltGBphk3Ob6toyU2YLDI5E2DUGxjHWoATvEI_1v7xRuFWokuU_xNMimYblQ0IkOFD-s6ylcsJ7UtMBFmwI74Oe2QIB4y

Jeonghan: ^^^

4RBWFq9aTChFYyL4QyQ_LMBYYT1qfemZ3YMkpb9ZqfebZ_849loCklIkcubeWRhRgnnnyf2Q0gkSUte_kazey4dSzMrHeallhBlYywOE7z1OWVy7X5PvyvivlFQ02woBrke8FUIp

Won Woo: ^^^

sbfsQ1so7S3cEfooj4fzdm_CI7ewNzQCbS3w4RIDRnPY9Mv-zWS8_vzX2lUaMd5sDBpWrhV794UHFnLChmILVddB-VxrOG6qUw1E3uLZ-vUQgXmFsJncm31K6UVd-QeOTO9gCSZ3nS_mMApQRy14_6nG6qelOkCjGJUOB9fLH3JGLCeo-bhlWSTmV-BmAh68VPnkaOwmoJcuSK-5pOqfcJ3BoYPxdfpI9lP2xz5s4Gh_NAt5903QQ0fbCOwy9EfhiE9ALAtXiqB6cl4y

Mingyu: Don’t worry everyone, I will take care of it.