Chapter 25

CLOSER [HIATUS]

 

“Ow! What was that for?!” Soo Min pouted when Jihoon had smacked her upside the back of her head when he brought in a tray of snacks to his studio. He had called her over after school today since it was a Wednesday now and she didn't have an evening class to worry about. He would have invited Won Woo as well, but their friend was still on campus studying in the library and requested not to be disturbed.

 

“For not texting me on Monday like I told you to.”

 

“What?” She asked with a confused laugh.

 

“When I left your class, I told you to text me later that day! That was Monday, today is Wednesday.”

 

“Sorry!” She apologized with her hands pressed together and held them up while.lowering her head. “ memory, I apologize.”

 

“It's fine.” Jihoon assured her while placing the small plate of fruit in front of her that his mother prepared them. “I was really worried though… but I take it you and Jeonghan made up quickly so that's why I didn't hear from you.” Because she'd come to him and silently vent, if that made any sense, because Won Woo seemed to be busier with Mingyu lately.

 

“Yeah, I went and apologized that same night, I went to apologize again yesterday, too. I got him a bouquet of flowers to go with it.”

 

“Tch, what a cliché thing to do.” He teased.

 

“Yah!” She pouted at him “Cliché is appreciated in some cases!”

 

“I know. I'm just glad things are okay between you two now.”

 

“Me too. But I can't be sure if the peace will last too long. It feels like a vicious cycle. He's bound to get jealous over something else in time.”

 

“Well, as long as you make the effort to prevent that from happening, it'll be fine.”

 

“Hopefully.” She sighed before staring at her plate of fruit. Last night was still on her mind about the way she noticed her ID had been switched to the front showing her picture. I know I never put it that way, so what happened while I was in the bathroom? When Won Woo had picked her up, she had asked why he was late and he mentioned that Ren had stopped by their apartment. That was also strange… because how did he know where they lived? And she started to think her ID being moved had to do with it. It had her address on it, which was her shared apartment with Won Woo. So, why did Ren show up so suddenly like that?

 

“Hey,” Jihoon snapped a finger in front of her face. When she didn’t snap out of it, he pinched her cheek this time and she yelped and smacked his hand away while he laughed. “Finally back from planet Venus?”

 

“Pssh!” She snickered.

 

“What is it, you were spacing out?” Jihoon asked.

 

“Oh…” she was going to say it was nothing, but it was really eating away at her in her mind. “I think someone snooped around my stuff last night in the computer lab while I was in the bathroom.”

 

“Really?” He frowned. “You think it was one of your classmates?” He didn’t seem too pleased now.

 

“I’m not sure. I had my phone in my bag, but when I came back it was on the table. And the scary part was my ID, it’s usually facing inwards but when I opened up my phone case, it was facing outwards and my picture was showing.”

 

“Damn, you didn’t put it like that by accident or anything?” Because he knew she never put her ID in that way from observing those small actions over the years.

 

“I don’t think so but I have such a memory I can’t be so sure!” She whimpered and ruffled her hair in frustration. “The other strange thing that happened… Won Woo was late on picking me up. When I asked him why, he said someone came to the apartment before he was leaving. He wasn’t sure how he got our address…”

 

“Someone?” Jihoon repeated.

 

“Well, there was this guy we met on the camping trip with Mingyu. The guy’s friend brought his dog and it chased me until I tripped-”

 

“What the hell, how come I’m only hearing about this now?!” Jihoon looked so shocked and worried.

 

“Sorry!” She frowned. “I meant to tell you the next day but… I forgot.”

 

“It’s fine. As long as you’re okay now!” He gave her a pat on the knee. “Finish what you were saying, I didn’t mean to cut you off.”

 

“Right… the guy I’m talking about helped us. We didn’t get to properly introduce ourselves, but we heard his friend call him Ren.” She explained and missed the reaction Jihoon had on his face when she mentioned that name. So, that really was Ren who I saw when we were leaving? He was even more shocked now. He missed the other stuff she said until Ren’s name was mentioned again. “Ren showed up to our apartment last night asking to talk to Won Woo.”

 

“Do you have his number? Or do you know where he’s possibly staying?” Jihoon asked and Soo Min took noticed of how eager he was to find out but not really in an excited way.

 

“No, I gave him my number though, but he’s yet to text or call me. Mingyu said his mother knows his mother so he has a way of contacting him.”

 

“I see.” Now Jihoon was he one who started to get lost in thoughts and spaced out.

 

“Jihoon?” She waved her hand in front of his face but he didn’t snap out of it. She was about to tap on his shoulder but her phone started to ring. It was an unknown number and she felt a chill go up her spine. Is it Ren? She thought before answering the call.

 

“Hello?” She asked and was met with silence. “Hello?” She asked again, more silence. She pulled her phone away to see if she ended the call by accident or something… maybe her call volume was down? Everything seemed fine, though. “Hello?”

 

Then the call dropped. “What the…” she mumbled and Jihoon finally came to and noticed her staring at her phone. “That was creepy. I answered the phone but no one said anything and hung up.”

 

“Who was it?”

 

“I don’t know, it was an unknown caller.” She showed him the caller ID list. “... oh my god, what if I’m a target now and they pin pointed my whereabouts from just answering the call?!”

 

“I highly doubt it!” Jihoon flicked her on the forehead to calm her down and took her phone. “Don’t over think it, maybe they just got the wrong number or something!”

 

“I’m scared!” She whimpered and hugged herself.

 

“Don’t be!” He scolded before hitting the call button to call the number back. He waited to hear someone pick up, but it went to voicemail.

 

It’s Ren, leave a message after the beep and maybe I’ll get back to you.

 

Jihoon froze. It’s really him… even after 5 years, he just knew that it was him, his voice was unique in a way and it stuck in Jihoon’s brain. Hard to believe that he didn’t forget after all this time, but he didn’t and it was bittersweet because, it was his old best friend from Busan, Choi Minki.

 

Beep.

 

“You shouldn’t make phone calls if you’re not planning on talking.” Jihoon said in a scolding tone before he hung up.

 

“What did you do?!” Soo Min asked in horror! “They’re going to be mad at me!”

 

“No they won’t.” Jihoon chuckled. “I know they won’t.”

 

“How do you know?!” She pouted. “You suddenly have Know-It-All-Syndrome?”

 

“Maybe.” He did a small shrug and handed her phone back to her. “Actually, there’s something I have to tell you.” He added with a small sigh.

 

“What?” She frowned with how his expression changed. She wasn’t sure what his expression meant, but she was ready to listen to him.

 

...

 

“Did you come here to study, or did you come here to hang out?” Won Woo chuckled when he saw Mingyu approach his table in the back of the library.

 

“I came to study!” Mingyu said quickly in his hushed tone. “I didn’t know you were in here. I just got lucky, that’s all.” He added and took a seat and invited himself to Won Woo’s table.

 

“I saw you on my way here, you followed me, don’t lie.” Won Woo chuckled. He could see Mingyu give a sheepish smile, that caught red handed look. Busted. “If you’re not going to study, you should go do something else, you’ll get bored if you sit here and watch me.”

 

“But I don’t mind.” Mingyu said cutely. “I have time.” He added and looked like he was getting comfortable.

 

“Do you?” Won Woo raised a brow.

 

“I think so!”

 

“Please study or I’ll move somewhere else.” Won Woo said as nice as he could. As much as he probably wouldn’t mind having Mingyu nearby, he didn’t want to be distracted if Mingyu were to start staring at him like he always did. Before, it used to make him uncomfortable and self conscious but after awhile, he didn’t mind and he knew why after some time.

 

“Fine, I’ll try to study something.” Mingyu pouted. “Can I study your face?”

 

“No. Soo Min does that enough as is.” He chuckled and didn’t take his eyes off of his textbook when he said it. He seemed pretty focused right now and Mingyu really admired that. It made him want to stay even more but then again, he knew he really shouldn’t distract him or ruin his concentration.

 

“Tch, fine.” Mingyu said childishly and Won Woo held back a small chuckle. He knew the younger was just joking.

 

“You can study it another time, when I’m not busy.” Won Woo said and he could tell that made Mingyu happy. When he glanced up, he could see the younger smiling fondly at him and it started to make Won Woo smile until he saw a familiar face come up behind him.

 

“I found you!” Jisoo said with a small smile and came around to Won Woo before he noticed Mingyu sitting on the other side of the table. “Hello, nice to see you again, Mingyu.” He waved.

 

“Oh, nice to see you again, too, hyung!” Mingyu returned that wave.

 

“Sorry to interrupt, but I needed to talk to Won Woo for a minute.” Jisoo said quietly, they were all quiet since it was the library after all.

 

“What is it?” Won Woo asked and turned to face Jisoo. It must’ve not been something that needed privacy since Jisoo started to say what he needed to say while Mingyu was still there.

 

“About the trip to L.A, when are we leaving again?”

 

“After midterms, Thursday night that week.” Won Woo answered and pulled out his phone to check his memo pad, he always wrote important things down in it. “Then we’ll be leaving Friday evening the next week.”

 

“Okay, thanks. I haven’t bought my ticket yet, but I wasn’t sure when we were leaving so I came to ask you and confirm it.”

 

“You haven’t bought it?” Won Woo frowned, he felt worried suddenly. They usually bought their tickets at least a week or two before so they were guaranteed a flight instead of looking for one last minute.

 

“Well, I kind of overspent this month because of our new roommate, but I’m going to see about getting the money before it’s time.” Jisoo assured him with a soft smile. He knew saying that might have made Won Woo a bit nervous since he is usually his translator when they travel.

 

“I’ll buy it for you.” Won Woo said quickly. “Don’t worry about it, okay?”

 

“Really?” Jisoo was a bit surprised but then again, he expected that from him. Won Woo has always had his back since high school despite they weren’t that close. “Are you sure? I can pay you back when I get the-”

 

“No, you don’t have to. I don’t mind buying your ticket.” Won Woo assured him. “I’ve been saving for this trip anyway, I have the funds for it so don’t think about it so much. I’d hate for you to miss out on visiting your mom.”

 

“... thanks, Won Woo. I appreciate it.” Jisoo flashed him a bright smile once he mentioned his mother. “I’ll make it up to you somehow later on!”

 

“Sure.” Won Woo said cutely and a small tint of pink appeared on his cheeks. Jisoo hadn’t noticed, but Mingyu did.

 

When Jisoo left the table after saying goodbye, Won Woo faced Mingyu who looked… a little upset. Like he was mad or annoyed. “What?” Won Woo asked innocently and Mingyu snickered a bit.

 

“Nothing.” Mingyu waved his hand in the air and sat back in his seat. He looked like he was going to stay now. “Go on, finish studying.” He added with a shooing motion.

 

Won Woo just chuckled at the action. “Are you jealous or something?” He decided to ask. He remembered how Mingyu whined about wanting to go to the states yesterday when they were hanging out. Hearing that Won Woo was buying Jisoo’s ticket must’ve made him jealous, right? It wouldn’t hurt if Mingyu went, right?

 

“What if I am. What about it!” Mingyu pouted.

 

“Nothing.” Won Woo chuckled again and returned to his textbook. A few minutes later, he started to hear Mingyu sigh, almost like he was trying to get Won Woo’s attention. Won Woo ignored it until it started to get annoying. “What?”

 

“... I don’t know why I’m bothered about you and Jisoo-hyung?” He admitted and averted his eyes to the table.

 

“What do you mean, bothered?” Won Woo was confused.

 

“I guess I shouldn’t hide it if my feelings are already out in the open, right?” Mingyu gave a sheepish smile but there was a hint of dejection in it and for obvious reasons. He had told Won Woo he liked him a while ago… yet Won Woo hadn’t said much directly to Mingyu about any feelings for him in return.

 

Sure, Mingyu had a strong feeling that Won Woo was falling for him, how could he not(conceited much?), but earlier when Won Woo gave Jisoo a cute smile and even blushed a little… suddenly that strong feeling of certainty vanished. What if Won Woo really doesn’t like me like that? What if I’ve been seeing it all wrong?

 

“What’s wrong?” Won Woo’s voice snapped Mingyu out of his thoughts. “What about Jisoo?”

 

“... nothing. Forget about it. I’ll go.” Mingyu shook his head and gave him a weak smile before getting up and leaving the table.

 

“Mingyu?” Won Woo called after him but the younger didn’t stop and disappeared a moment later. What was that about? Won Woo thought with a small frown. He had a feeling he messed up at some point and now Mingyu was upset. Did I say something wrong? Did I do something wrong? He wasn’t really sure what it could have been until he thought about what Mingyu said before he decided to leave. “I guess I shouldn’t hide it if my feelings are already out in the open, right?”

 

“He’s jealous of Jisoo?” Won Woo muttered to himself while staring at the seat Mingyu was sitting in moments ago. “But why?” He hadn’t seen Mingyu get that jealous over his friends before and it was honestly a bit off putting since he knew a certain someone who behaved the same way before, a certain Kingdom’s Queen. “I really hope he isn’t like that…”

 

Won Woo tried to go back to studying, but it was hard to concentrate now that he was worried about Mingyu. He packed up his stuff and decided to go join his friends at Jihoon’s place instead.

 

 

“Do you remember how we got here?” Junhui asked his younger roommate when they arrived to the shopping mall.

 

“Did you forget the way home?!” Minghao scowled. “I’m not a GPS system!”

 

“No!” Junhui snickered. “I was asking so I don’t have to be the one bringing you here when you want to come here.”

 

“Oh,” Minghao’s expression softened a bit. “Then, yes. I think I remember.”

 

“Then lead us home, GPS.” Junhui joked. He dodged Minghao’s fist. “Don’t be so violent in public!” The older scolded. “Save it for when we get home.”

 

“You want me to hit you?!” Minghao looked at him weird.

 

“If it’ll relieve your stress and frustration, I’ll take one for the team!” Junhui laughed and clicked his tongue when he heard the younger mutter the word masochist under his breath. “Listen, I know moving to a new country is tough. You’re still learning the language and learning your way around the city is pretty challenging, too. But it’s fine, just relax and take it one day at a time, okay? Don’t rush it…”

 

Minghao was quiet but he still had an irritated expression on his face, but Junhui could see a hint of appreciation for Junhui’s kind words. “Thanks.”

 

“No problem.” Junhui smiled and was about to give him a gentle pat on Minghao’s shoulder but the kid dodged it successfully.

 

“Don’t touch me.” He warned before turning to leave.

 

“You’re going the wrong way.” Junhui sighed and pointed in the right direction. Minghao didn’t say anything and headed in the direction Junhui pointed in.

 

The older stayed in his spot and watched the younger walk on ahead of him with a small smile. He thought he was cute. He saw a little of himself in the boy, when he first came to Korea, he was always lost and sometimes scared, but he’d put up a front to hide all of that. He was stressed a lot and it would affect his mood half the time, he didn’t act exactly like Minghao, but in some ways. After meeting his friends in high school, things changed for the better and he couldn’t be any happier with how they were. Now he got the chance to help Minghao who also came from China like him.

 

He knew after time Minghao wouldn’t be so aggressive and violent towards him, but then again, sometimes things don’t change. “What are you doing just standing there, let’s go already, punk!” Minghao’s voice snapped him out of it.

 

“Punk?!” Junhui exclaimed offendedly before he started to run after Minghao who gave a small laugh and proceeded to runaway. They ran all the way home.

 

 

“Sorry I’m late. I had to talk to Won Woo before coming here.” Jisoo said after taking his seat across from Jeonghan in the small booth. They were meeting up for smoothies today.

 

“That’s fine.” Jeonghan assured him. “I haven’t waited long, I was also a bit late as well.” He added. “The good news is, we don’t have to worry about the smoothie stealer coming through here.”

 

“Is she busy?” Jisoo asked curiously, though he was kind of glad. It’s been awhile since he got to hangout with Jeonghan with just the two of them, having the others around was nice, but sometimes it was nice to not have anyone around, too.

 

“She’s at Jihoon’s place.” Jeonghan answered while putting his phone down. “You said you talked to Won Woo, right?” He asked with a tilt of his head. “What for?”

 

“Oh, about plane tickets.” Jisoo replied after setting his school bag beside him in the booth.

 

“Plane tickets? Are you traveling or something?” Jeonghan seemed so confused right now and Jisoo laughed, because he looked adorable doing that!

 

“Won Woo’s father’s birthday is coming up two weeks from now, the weekend before fall break. We’re going for a visit.”

 

“Oh!” Jeonghan finally understood now. “Damn, I forgot.”

 

“It’s okay.”

 

“I guess this means I’m going to be lonely that week.” The older pouted. “I assume Soo Min and Jihoon are going like always, right?”

 

“They were invited, so… yes.” Jisoo nodded. “And it’s clear why I go with them.”

 

“Right, Mr. Translator.” Jeonghan chuckled. “I wish I knew English, I want to go, too~!”

 

“You can if you want?” Jisoo pointed out. “You’d just have to buy a ticket, though.”

 

“No, I don’t want to show up uninvited. Besides, it’s something the trio does together, I don’t want to in on that.” Jeonghan explained with a hint of bitterness. The fights from Monday surfaced in his memory and he couldn’t help it.

 

“Right, I understand.” Jisoo nodded and didn’t know what to say after that. He could tell Jeonghan must’ve thought about something and his mood was going down. “So… shall we order the smoothies now?”

 

“Sorry,” Jeonghan apologized. “Yeah, let’s do that.” Once they were in agreement, the both got up and headed over to the counter to get in line.

 

About a moment later, they heard new customers enter and when Jeonghan looked back to see who was causing all the noise(talking and laughter), he frowned. “What’s wrong?” Jisoo asked when he noticed Jeonghan looked annoyed.

 

“It’s the guy I saw Soo Min talking to on Monday.” Jeonghan said quietly and pointed over his shoulder. “The one with the stupid hair cut.”

 

“Don’t be mean.” Jisoo chuckled after looking. He had seen him around campus before.

 

“Whatever, I don’t like him.” Jeonghan sighed.

 

“Just because of that?” The older stayed quiet. “Don’t be like that, Jeonghan.”

 

“Maybe you don’t understand.” Jeonghan muttered with a dejected look.

 

“I’m sorry.” Jisoo rested a hand on his shoulder. “I just don’t want you holding that against him if you don’t even know him. It’s not good.”

 

“I know.” Jeonghan felt ashamed for getting so worked up like that, but he was glad his friend somewhat understood. “Thanks.”

 

Jisoo gave him a sweet smile and it was enough to lighten up Jeonghan’s mood. The two made their order when it was their turn and retrieved their smoothies before turning to head back to their table, but someone stopped them.

 

“Excuse me!” It was that guy Jeonghan didn’t like. “If you don’t mind?” He said before reaching out towards Jeonghan’s hair.

 

“Don’t touch me!” Jeonghan almost shouted and backed away, shocking those around them. “Do you just like touching other people’s hair or something, you weirdo!”

 

“Jeonghan!” Jisoo stepped in between them. “I’m so sorry~!” He apologized to Aron.

 

“I was just trying to help you out, that was all. There’s a funny loop in the back of your ponytail… it was bothering me.” Aron explained and Jeonghan immediately reached back to touch his own hair. He could feel a small loop at the base of his ponytail and cringed.

 

“Why didn’t you say anything?!” He complained to Jisoo.

 

“I didn’t know!” Jisoo defended himself. Aron laughed in amusement, it reminded him of another situation he was in earlier this week. Once those two left back to their booth, he stepped forward in line and waited for his turn. He was on a smoothie run.

 

Right before it was his turn, his phone rang and he answered it because it was Ren. “Did you change your mind on what smoothie you wanted again?” He sighed but stopped when he heard Ren was upset on the other line. “What’s wrong.” He asked and stepped out of line to go somewhere with less noise.

 

“I think I found Woozi.”

 

...

 

“Woozi sounds like such a cute stage name!” Soo Min gushed and Jihoon groaned while face palming. As expected from his best friend.

 

“Can you not?” He pouted. “This is a serious story I’m telling here.”

 

“Right, sorry!” She said with a sheepish giggle.

 

He had been telling her a little bit about his time in Busan before moving to Seoul. He started with how he had been into music since a young age and so he wasn’t very social back then, either, he was always keeping to himself and practicing instruments. Over time, he met a good friend and had told her his name was Minki. He wondered if she knew Ren’s real name, but when she didn’t react much to that name, he decided to save telling her that it was actually Ren for the finale.

 

There was actually a lot that he left out about his time in Busan, but he felt like he’d talk about it another time… he just wasn’t ready to talk about it at the moment and he hoped she would understand. Now was the part when he told her about the nickname he went by between him and Minki.

 

“Knock knock.” Suddenly they heard Won Woo come in. “Came to crash the party.” He added while putting his school bag down by the door with Soo Min’s.

 

“Wow, you’re just in time! Jihoon was just telling me about his time in Busan!” Soo Min said excitedly after Won Woo came over to lean his rear against the desk. Jihoon smacked him, implying for him not to do that, but Won Woo did it anyway.

 

“Really?” Won Woo looked down at him. “What did I miss?”

 

“I just told her that I spent a lot of time practicing instruments, so I didn’t socialize that much back then either.”

 

“I figured it would have been like that, you’re so good at playing guitar, I’m jealous.” Won Woo chuckled.

 

“He also mentioned he had a close friend during middle school named Minki!” Soo Min blurted out. “There was someone before us!” She added in a pouting tone and they laughed. They knew she was just joking.

 

“Right, so that Ren guy you were talking about earlier.” Jihoon started to say. “That was him.”

 

“What?” The duo asked, unsure of what he meant by that. “What do you mean that was him?”

 

“The nickname Minki went by was… Ren.” Jihoon clarified and there was silence in the room. “I lost contact with him after moving to Seoul. It’s been five years, but there’s no doubt in my mind that the guy you’ve been encountering is my friend from Busan.” He said with a sad smile. “I’m kind of disappointed, though, I guess he forgot about me.”

 

“Awh!” Soo Min frowned and swiveled her way CLOSER to him. “You don’t know that for sure, maybe he’s been looking for you, too?” She looked to Won Woo for help.

 

“Maybe that’s why he came to our apartment last night?” He said while patting Jihoon on the back. “I don’t know why he came all the way there to ask if I liked Lady GaGa, though.”

 

“Lady GaGa?” Jihoon snickered. “I guess he’s still obsessed with her after all this time.” He added before he looked up at Soo Min and paused. That’s when he noticed something. I never thought about it until now, but Soo Min kind of reminds me of Ren. “Wait, can I ask you something?” He asked and she nodded. “Did he have shoulder length blonde hair when you met him?”

 

“No. He has long black hair, like Soo Min’s.” Won Woo answered for her.

 

“Actually, he’s a model now.” Soo Min pointed out before pulling out her phone to look him up. “Here.” She handed her phone over so Jihoon could look at the most recent picture. He was surprised how much his friend had changed, he hadn’t thought he’d really grow his hair out that long and… they look like twins. He thought after looking back to Soo Min. What the hell, why didn't I notice that before?! He started to wonder if that was why he and Soo Min connected so well when he first moved to Seoul, she subconsciously reminded him of Ren. And the more he thought about it, they could possibly have the same personality, too. And the fact they both liked Lady GaGa, too much of a coincidence!

 

“What is it?” Won Woo asked when he noticed Jihoon’s intense stare on Soo Min’s face. “Hey.” He reached over to cut off Jihoon’s stare when Soo Min started to look uncomfortable. Even though they were best friends, she really didn’t like to be stared at by anyone, not even her own boyfriend. It made her self conscious.

 

“Sorry.” Jihoon snapped out of it. “I didn’t realize how much you reminded me of him…”

 

Soo Min’s expression fell at those words and it wasn’t because she was being compared to Ren once again, but because she was getting freaked out about the situation. There was something strange about the guy, like a mystery and while she wanted to get to the bottom of it, a part of her didn’t want to. Look alikes exist, it’s a thing, right? Those feelings would get worse when she’d remember about the supposed affair one of her parents had. It was just weird how she suddenly started having weird encounters with him and even Ren’s mother who knew her name before she could even introduce herself.

 

“Soo Min?” She snapped out of it when she heard Won Woo’s voice. He had a hand on her shoulder and Jihoon was looking at her with a guilty expression.

 

“Huh?” She asked, worried if they asked her something and she didn’t hear it.

 

“I’m sorry if I offended you with what I said.” Jihoon apologized. “I didn’t mean to compare you to Ren.”

 

“It’s fine.” Soo Min assured him. “I wasn’t offended, I was just… thinking about it, that’s all.” She added. “Besides, I’m one of the guys, right?” She gave them a goofy smile and they were glad she was back to her normal antics. They were worried for a minute there when she looked dejected after talking about Ren.

 

“Of course.” Jihoon nodded and held up his fist implying they bump fists together. Her smile grew wider and she bumped her fist with his before turning and bumping her fist with Won Woo’s when he also held up his.

 

“Is it dinner time yet, I’m starving!” She complained while holding her stomach after it suddenly growled when they were laughing.

 

“Yeah, let’s go eat.” Jihoon nodded and got up to leave his studio with them. Soo Min was a little surprised but hid it well and followed after him and Won Woo. Usually, Jihoon would tell them to go eat without him because he was too busy with his music to join them. She worried when it started to happen a lot, so it seemed like another first when he agreed to eat with them instead of working on his music like a workaholic.

 

“Can we eat pizza?”

 

“No.” Jihoon instantly rejected her idea. “You two probably eat too much junk food at your apartment. Especially you, King of Choco Pies.” He poked her stomach and she flinched and covered her stomach with a pout. “We’ll eat whatever my mom’s cooking.” He said before they entered the kitchen to find no one in it.

 

“I guess there’s no dinner tonight.” Won Woo blurted out before Jihoon noticed the note on the fridge.

 

 

 

Jihoon,

 

Something came up with work, so I had to go.

I didn’t want to interrupt you and your friends.

I left money on the counter for you guys to order something for dinner.

Don’t worry about your father, he’s working late tonight.

Enjoy~!

 

Love, eomma

 

“So, pizza?!” Soo Min asked after looking over Jihoon’s shoulder to read the note.

 

“Fine.” He gave in. “But we’re getting one with healthier toppings.” She instantly protested and Won Woo laughed at the expression Jihoon made, like he got an instant headache.


Chapter twenty-five!

 

E8q9B8q1BLuOITji_j8ybPkNMP6QWfgydFoDW2IRFK6sIsIgMXrt96Na9zJTy3Lg1rfXTI39ZJ2OyRD7xhvwCrUcH76tx3HgnmS-ZQ5_DRQ6tSSyP2iuJV6Jp09TS4XYLXQye0-G

Jihoon: ^^^

J3qaJxSJu-Pq4_txBw5YLrVEfdoOT0fqBFn5gOpZjtSdHshm_iulL67Rs_3RALxgkm6ukWiBFaj7zSuYZpgy7d-PLcVi751IizyxUDIeuNqi2OlhFaLQUsxtOLCIbPcdkYgIN9yo

Won Woo: ^^^ Sorry Jihoon~!

nSJkoZ7YgCM4DPeSC62pdYLkp18ghBhllbSkD56z4TEQ4IdD_nQlMsib9joh-5Y4myQFBeDj8lQL13DqVdrRJYWnqMHK3TJzVG5US1bqdNOtmiwET0S5mXpGKoPlvYk9r4fFa_Kh

Jihoon: It’s fine, don’t worry about it.

Xw8Oi-7aPLD0SuZkBmBp5ZkmsFZsjUgg_fPFL6GkwNPa9NefLsy5yntKgzXB1Mc-RUEEkH1LmKF0Zs2mvmhnPuAlrIBySixI2TEjAj28jUM2kRWz-oEWXuoRm3TbyzeGDO5fbJQA

Soo Min: One extra large pizza with extra pepperoni and extra cheese, cheese stuffed crust too, please, and breadsticks with extra garlic butter. Can we get 10 orders of the chocolate chip cookizzas? Yes, Jihoon will pay for all of it.

b0N7J4URDzXGstm4mFuzlSNTEpQDb_ylocCzJOO53WwTOiMNgoNrEO1Jkn7I_WlBpv-vO8mmMNHfkli13TuBjWGnS2RdvwiosbhEYuo9RNXBAlRO6VZcmBfLgWQO8z5BBhLcuMrs

Jihoon: ^^^

hmj7Vk-5GYdUbkIhkSpCW5dBgCirKvXUaf1wjKtjMDQWH0xyiqFggPU0reIUkezSKgGw1PB_MwYPshLiuwZrndVwkM_uE-tiD47Xp0iOX-KH40ZRA-YoeYcWpRDyqVmyprw2wydD

Soo Min: Nooooo~!

ssVO7_Xd_QQMSHE8FbRwfUHBt2IZxJUbThA-_XS2kYtARO1bbm0lvFV5yDXnH7Pk48ioyLfFNFNCe1lqfIPfsUIejfFs5kI8JkBBQpjORTLRJQiz4TNqrpwvcCIGuOOtCiXx8wxw

Won Woo: If you want that many cookizzas, buy it yourself.

WH93jDABbBuDowQqoX20mAzp9AVmzg_TIjBgV0FnrtBd8xV176v3uJVXzNQWvL7wEYvYsJhJzNQvkPxo7Ip_UC5voYsFlQAJR9Mgbizm06lxtoqbjcMtDCtdvlXwQddaw469vYsg

Soo Min: ^^^

LOL DRAMATIC LIKE ALWAYS~!

ZUYb9aatF8K1-DycrnuFZZE3QVuQQ6ihWH1VyX9V916lPP_bRbQdms3ooac8lONYB2hq8f6sGA6VeRwHDcqvS18rQwVUAgBqQVTeO1HH0rxIB2NeWH_t5JPRr7Uw8XdQcOPsFxrw

Soo Min: ^^^

85g2vIKO2sp-viG-NnFQDwkynSetIkbSTUUR8o5hKvDisafsGaZ1o5wU_-2W-ODSBB4mdh5ryuoZ9gA5ExZtqjBg5xMaNHCYt4zjnLGWHMaukVYmnms_xcC_wg7YGbPM0onqj2Bt

Jihoon: Fine, I’ll buy you one cookizza, but that’s it. I can’t buy ten.

IPyAybetbubC7LJ3UfaZ-z47KsoklW9sITpRVponecUytIcmvlLnHhl9D3wqORQl7TIqdELbgOQPO8xn8eUH4GxFGfBSlqkt65IiqsC3RYCvl6gcfH3mDMTctcGCXuszyUC6a0KL

Soo Min: Can I have a soda, too?!

yBqeVXLqAJJjBX0A-BnEXaUbFdFtlQZM1Q-mIP8pX6El5D9KfiN9iU8B4f1-etWPuYeMkL3osa1Ac4OlYjImsq7hd2bs7NT_Op-R5xFh8ApmyyZwBX2uJgwK-BhyRmmLRCkuSDpt

Jihoon: Let me see… you’re pushing it now.

VVvQUQ1ojYYKzR8cVO5DedR-3tezkljZMMeitIXzZpS5y_7IE5vjGenDepC0rcg7YWASePRU4pB4PmsgHNSyQvevnf0WHxjNw7IpjTnN53k8NoO_cPvIjrjlmvbAJPl6Hxk_juXl

Soo MIn: Fine, okay… just the cookizza. I’ll drink water...

--nxwjAkWE-xCKMafnAuhiEWo6wqVEdK5tEe6fESUf7ncWpSRPVsCGgwc-w2YSH_lLAjOF8JKkhrYJqvBokWcdteW-pKDlmDEEUYCgsm_KOdzo1oZq1-l_bsFeIXMBmno6vpNphW

Jihoon: You’re supposed to drink water, don’t give me that expression.

5S0_0qi0twdKWZTw-ycxTtJkNGNA6zjnd8VRyy1Hqat0Nejz5fDnng1eRZlqTKglbQSUf9OsqRDd08VKEZcS1xOIPMuTz6iuyPbWDBfd1g3bbqpDjNNFHgtEOC8n-LMLV_Yv6Xle

Soo Min: ^^^

aIjWPvQ0NJcDwIUxUEGe6dHpAiIsSkveEqzgnmpt47uquokcZV0s5wtxRQmkn8FhrBopYMdsadSrv8dcspB640fYU7w19LVcTR1gWJ7-4hCI5egn7P90_qJiYGOwLcLfDNLEp4Om

Jihoon: ^^^

KLQUKBt-TuSIArrhfal3Ks3cMTYvX5wPBKp-RvhtfN6zox7a19LLvP7QYwkOgfjXGPvN3fogXI82r5MejfiVWAHJ11xKRhxPllnZeZKfZl51GgWIzhz8iocaSfdJGpQWQCKuaQfc

Won Woo: They’re so cute!

clJK445PevaIHIrbrIgeCrn465ZaWeLyFezYdqdie4YZarOoVxY2ka9qzf7Y4bcCY8jNHa5M8x9Z8zsQL_qd3UhYyeVLNwipvgSXhnvrbBkO0b5qFKelSySOtlVpCxy9t_taDP5T

Mingyu: ^^^ Jealous.

TxepeM0eQioYdLTeMQ0K15TiSUWM9nhUePsGmAJTMygezFllkZS9P82rB9xelH_4u8VTkmuAYqINEmTTNvS37jAtQ3ixVE1Iby89XhrdAcbPjGDlC_PAjA0dlKzegLGHPqA_Bvjr

Okay, enough!

L9TCb23ZSM_m37W0-77kegKpjuvI5C0KM4UcOJ4G2Gc6NIrK6oF6oXczsamL0mGJoIX79ptpsGkl2DHTWwictSQVnMA1fuhetrFK5u1WRN2JdLL33iaMn8pU6gKI1p2st0A2cMTC

Seems like things really changed while editing the story and to that I say…

WHOOPS.

SORRY!

nW_DSYk074OdA9gm_KU3Jjn90EhImYi34rQWTSAANudvEUIAo4CR_pfgvvH5_Um09pF72gtgWmpQ5h-pjd_5iknM3G-TzShPXiwTSl5yUPq2Xxf_vBqiJxtAW2tZAhTEAmp9NbYn

But it’s a lot more interesting now, right?

For the readers who weren’t here before, don’t worry about it lol

Nxrr5yGELCXKKGmXM-Rqy60IfbjfNo5HV3Fzaw1FjQhUfiUoLzpVRYDY8XfvpD6754lPKyjPLIwKvc7l2Q-v3nIhlWIjwYLN95wrwihVGHOn9DifK3O0-qTIeH7PJSbjZP_nN-NW

It feels like when I first posted this story nearly two years ago x.x

But I feel like it’s not going to be a mess this time since I actually thought stuff out and planned it a little better, so fingers crossed~! Stuff from before shall still be incorporated somehow, but it’ll be a bit different because of the changes in the plot. It's really going to be different, not just by events but personalities too~

So, I hope you understand and are prepared for it!

e1ASEWfhaM0uw2JOVkgjkFisGOyF_rspeOz_vJbXHCBCqs2W9E18PJ0cnATWzq31TI8fQizKXByVtnu_yvacVS2IIPnDWhPR8zStij26N0lBhjj7m78meCS0cYKeMwEnw2H9Fr3l

If not, then that’s cool, no hard feelings haha~!

W9OFOiUn_D569HFlPRiOhfeQJ8ILDEtXJTyvY4FPEWLg6SHhrHgpR-77y4E_CvZ_ZffZX6_amTmTwdEo6Fox12dIkYuLLoxzNnatUoiKVUMc6VMt-pbadslFmF8vX70fMqxU-iQr

Until next time~!

mjJht-jbL_3V39bKC5eAfySKwFZWiYHh9sx8tOOeb92ntyQdRdq0xhKQunTHLrfRGno5BA7hcmBFZdmP7v2And7wATe1rfxBNqs9eD51TZ2IzMLGvXaRysNkF2CEXbHWjJHkbv21

P.S. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO JUN~!

And

SMPAdVawyYs6H5jv5R8EkRtiogD6eoMAYiV0fSb5rg2E6Sp4OGroiRDrtenH30sERET-dxOUvfnVtfytYurlT9nPfLE4uG96PQ3W-F-4rOpwS5YaX1SMCMMzFefZ1VJfE9d27nBK

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NAEGA HOSH~!

8rIP4pSd54OPBExiEZrglLhBUmON39VhnFvJID2xHOal5qFohf8kAs_pLgsXduqOJ4vkLSN2YODq04xROdxgQGK-fIYu5izld02z1W1WO1JLpkY1FqRmGyB0ASRvn001M5c-5zQt

And also, June 15th is the day I created this ihearptkpop account in 2015, so happy second anniversary to this account~!

5m9uK5rrE1-71BBlq11IybDN_DYwR1zMRa9VT6EEPXf4WKBpXSJnUGQAmTZV1J7ikX8dpQ_Ol0D1lJ3xhCjpGR1oB4Nrn-4A5d5rBsnYEgGEhlUDnpczRZaxXygmuZghDNNtsFNJ

Next year will be three….

Who wants to bet CLOSER will still be running by then?

LOL

4aV_HctZ6RGH34WLrTisI5KuJf1kyFfChH7s4zFgCDg0t6nN08u1KTZ5RHnGK6BPpdd5QtmqaFJx6v2OOuQmFvu74BnwoZ3XhKIwlWbnikDeyMh3SMlgwg7a0UBYUv_KE72_xizi

Won Woo’s trying to get that #1 spot on the bias list but he’s pestering the wrong person lol

wer-zgNnF7Za0fKMI2oqxPtQXYn-20uUfxymVpBxatcSDAJndl80nQPHT68ntx9mSPp_8Gozfta7rFKo2qlVUJIh22CHjTScKyk13riaSTMhuF9cF-fFc4r94JSGerqvTil0Mc_d

Jeonghan: What?

Won Woo: Then, who?

MiSXfgPhs4FgmuF673_4VpHUHXLFjSjl8ICShgpw2j-MreVw5O5CyEmUqZI0OJrBCgtaBVQDMp_mPJGUv4MaAi01ss3KaVCv6s1ka7dSHsb00Y2gmixm5XYo6hKVeno45wIfMVgB

Ren: I’ve become the chair, there is no possible way they can take it from me now.

w0kSk80TS_xWDwAwevPIe4NvLW7fqvzTqYmeNRzv5h6-_Zc9Xl_wFX06p799pvWPW7BT8eh5LTnY8a4j85Kvzh4hxfF8jGwCwqkjkcJuvbjLzjpzVCJl4DqXzPoK6iqTfqw96k0g

Baekho: *Man handles Ren off the chair*

Ren: *Tries to reclaim the chair*

Minhyun: *Just laughing at them*

RciQrlCqifVEX0xgrM5Nh5ca2rtY5ITZERHhLKMbu4YI30E0VhcMXmw16iemgmPGdbIH2aSvyTQUa3ECmOdOn6UP4s3M_talr3vCRZy7nzxlEnLtDBmLrto_zcmgSsjagWKeFvjM

Aron: Forget the chair, just come to bed.

2dx6V0DPQqDTdRQnoP46Eh98G0DTrml_rLTMc2mAVtCxnXW3-s7J1yTEQ9XHi0oDhvCXQ-efvdG-p3u8dcCEGUt8Dn12eBGD4U9yaxTClxMGAVmlxKSfJSOPVfwlCFYb85bgOf-_

The sad part is that it’s difficult for me to sit in chair for to long anymore so beds are the best option.

Aron wins this round, JK XD

ay7HTlgcXyDYhzb8AkRUCYkJDc70XVPU3WM5ygIW-xUrBa9LlANsIfL2XEP5LViMzIc6gx3wfZO4ri_VDVt4vgdWOFTKWkwUxe0d5oglT44FObUFDdjNf7ozWlLEFAzFQQ_ES4zB

…. When did I download this gif? WTF? XD

But Won Woo see’s fine without me…

rNlp93I_fGWdJFL115qG7p7TGe0giLda-v6FhzG_kh7sqVEM6sNrubM3GjCfTdqlg2vJUBxpAtjpaOmx8cGdbWgAQ9Vt7XhWancsuJh6mi40FGefTwmBMMw7g0YEWAUhbWKd0o0ajPZjwdP4ZsfqWAxR6sXVc0eIIIGH0cSNIIX6tVjvZpDxTgs6t06LwkEAYx6XbMuBtscJX7uxf4E_6TuMew1lgsxrDOSYGAeGW4xy3yqqIecBbqV2mpKAUH9FvYIN69Nby1VDoqGI

Jeonghan, too.

Not sure why they’re even fighting over Ren’s spot XD

HZaLKcWjy3LDVv_Y03Vws0FitoKprLemN6THTYTEirCXJGafdDdbeTMQdk2p0juYOB-PIEPIe6a2MsHuTyUd-euZQTC8MifF2oNviKz92X8WxXtle4tuh6ENmSt15zn5MMsESSuS

6BG-1tEzbP0yUW8dVGFicUKIgqicvAasWO3jTOp7vuXOaCk40-3tmF69LjM4WC9xMmYMhxg-EgJUsoYF1MOq3bgF8EsZ7yK8hKosf7gLTyjqqbnwVM4pv7zl4mvSr7IXvPLRfLV2

LOL OKAY, BYE