Hurt

Why Did I Fall In Love With You?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQulkYhbz34&feature=related

>Hurt<

It was Saturday night and Min Ji had to work late. It was raining hard outside so it was a slow day at the mall all day. With a sigh she sat behind the cash register and starred outside the store window. She tilted her head in thought before a small smile came over her face, she was thinking about her day with Kim Bum.

“I wonder if he’s someplace warm right now.” She thought aloud. “Maybe I should buy him something in return for what he did. It’s supposed to start snowing soon and it’s cold out. I know what I could get him!” Min Ji shot up from the seat and made sure everything was in place for closing. “I might be able to find something affordable here.”

Min Ji went from shop to shop trying to find something in her price range, after a few shops she realized why the mall was so beautiful. To her they overpriced their clothes which is what gives them their wealth. After finding a nice light brown scarf and matching gloves she paid for them and left. She stood by the bus stop under her umbrella as she starred at the bag.

*What am I thinking buying a gift for a guy?! Aish! Babo Min Ji! He probably has a ton of these already! Besides it’s not like the other day meant anything to you.* “I mean I should do something to show him I’m grateful for his kindness though right?”

><><><><><>< 

Kim Bum laughed as he walked up to his door with two girls under each of his arms. He smiled as they laughed at something he said. Taking a glance around he didn’t see his father’s car anywhere so he opened up the house and let the girls in.

“Shall we have something to drink?”

“That sounds like a good idea.” The one in the red dress said, she looked at the pictures of him on the wall and smiled. “Were you always so handsome?”

“I don’t know…I don’t really like my pictures from back then.” The doorbell rung and he looked back at it. “Excuse me for a minute.” He opened it up but was shocked at who he saw. “What are you doing here?”

Min Ji smiled slightly as she rubbed the back of her neck. “Sorry to come so late Oppa.” She said as she moved the back around behind her back. “I actually came to say thank you for the other day.”

“Don’t worry about it.” He said, after a long pause he raised an eyebrow. “Is that all?”

“Actually I wanted to give---“

“Who’s at the door?” One of the girls said as she walked over and peeked out. “How adorable, is she your girlfriend?”

“No.” He replied simply.

The other girl walked out the door and smiled. “Looks like she brought you a gift. How sweet.”

He looked at her with a tilt of his head. “You bought me something?”

Min Ji looked at the two females and then nodded. “Umm…yeah. But it’s nothing important. Actually it’s pretty stupid. I’ll just go.”

Before she could leave one of the ladies grabbed the bag and pulled out the scarf and gloves. “How plain…but I guess it’s the thought that counts.”

“Give it back please.” She said as she reached for it, but the lady was taller and held it up. “I said give it back.”

“Wasn’t this for him? You should at least let him put it on and see how it looks.”

Kim Bum looked at her and then at Min Ji. “Give it here.” He took the items from her and then put them on. “There warm, thank you for the gift.”

“Aww…I think someone has a crush.” The girl who spoke was in red. “Look at the blush on her face.”

Kim Bum looked at the girl and smiled. “No way…she’s just being a kind underclassmen. Besides she’s not my type.”

“She does seem like a real nice one.”

“I should go.” Min Ji said as she turned to leave.

“Aww I think you hurt her feelings. Why don’t you stay for dinner?”

She stopped to looked back at the lady. “I’m fine…”

“I insist.” She pulled her inside and closed the door. After taking her umbrella and putting it away they all went to the kitchen. “We were just about to drink.”

“I don’t drink.” Min Ji said calmly.

“Too bad…then again kids shouldn’t.” She said as she sipped her drink.

Min Ji grabbed a glass and everyone starred. She chugged it down and then the girls clapped pouring more. Kim Bum watched her confused.

*What does she think she’s doing?*

The two women knew how to handle drinks well, but Min Ji never drunk before so after about the fifth one she wasn’t feeling to good. Each time she would quite they would say something to make her keep going. By now she was dizzy and had a headache, it was safe to say she was drunk.

“Hey Bummie, I think your friend is a bit sick.”

“Yeah, maybe you should call her a cab.”

“I’m fine.” Min Ji said as she shook her head a bit. “I can keep going.”

“That’s it.” He said as she took her cup from her. “Your done…go home, I’ll call you a cab---“

“I said I was fine!”

“Aish…this is why I can’t stand girls like you.” He said as he looked at her. “You’ve had enough, what are you trying to prove?!”

“Girls like me? What does that mean? Girls who aren’t out sleeping around with guys? Girls who are more experienced and wears short skirts and dresses?! Girls like them?!” She said pointing to the two women who looked shocked. “Girls like me HATE guys like you!” Min Ji yelled as she stood up. “Here I was thinking you weren’t as bad as I was told.”

“Little kids should learn to stay in their place.” One women said as she took another sip. “You can’t even see he is so out of your league.”

“Be quiet.” He warned her.

Min Ji looked at her and let out a small laugh. “Who are you to tell me who to like?” She faced Kim Bum once again and looked at him. “You really would rather spend time with girls like that?!”

“I’d rather spend time with women…” He said as he looked at her. “Not little kids who throw tantrums. Just listen to yourself, you can’t even tell when enough is enough. You’re not my type so stop trying to prove that you can keep up with them.”

Her feelings where hurt, she stormed off. “I don’t care!” She left through the door with him following.

“Would you get back in here and wait for me to get you a cab?”

“I can walk.”

“Not in the state you’re in…your drunk!” He shouted at her. “The least you could do is get your umbrella, you’re gonna catch a cold.” She ignored him and kept walking until she disappeared out of his site. *Not my problem anymore, she didn’t want to wait so it’s all on her.* He said before going back in his place.

Min Ji stumbled down the streets, it didn’t take long for her clothes to be drenched and she couldn’t really tell where she was going. *Arrogant prick.* “”You’re not my type, I like women!” Keh, if those two where women then I want to be a kid forever.” She tripped over the air and slowly sat up. “Look at you Min Ji…” She said as she starred in a puddle.

“Patheic…just because someone is nice to you doesn’t mean you can fall for them and everything will be peachy. Probably just thinks of me as some kind of charity work. Stupid, spoiled, rich prick.”

“Who’s a stupid, spoiled, rich prick?”

The rain stopped hitting her as feet walked up to the puddle, she looked up at the one holding the umbrella. “Doo Joon sunbae…”

“I was on my way home and I run into you out in the rain without an umbrella? Not the smartest thing. Let’s get you someplace warm and out of those wet clothes.” He held his hand out and she took it letting him lead the way. She stumbled and he looked back, the wind blew and he looked at her confused. “Are you drunk?”

“I think so…I’m not sure, I’ve never drunk before.”

Doo Joon took her to his place and gave her a pair of boxers and a tea shirt. Not to long after she changed he brought her some tea. “Drink this.”

“I think I have to…” She ran to the nearest bathroom and over to the toilet where she threw up. Doo Joon followed and held her hair up for her. “I can handle it.”

“Doesn’t look like it.” He said as he shook his head. “I don’t see why you would get drunk.”

“Because they were making fun of me…and he watched.”

“Who?”

“Kim Bum….”

“You were out with him?”

“I went to his house to give him a thank you gift and he had two girls with him. They were tall, skinny, beautiful…while I’m me. I don’t back down from challenges, so when they called it I accepted.” She threw up some more and then closed her eyes. “Now I regret it.”

After making sure she was okay Doo Joon gave her something for her headache and she fell asleep on his couch. He sighed as he watched her, he heard her phone ring and looked at it to see KIM BUM. He took the phone and walked away answering it.

“Hello?”

“Hello? Who’s this?”

“Why does it matter?”

“Is Min Ji okay?”

“Like you care…you let her wander the streets drunk. Who knows what could have happened to her!”

“Who exactly is this?”

“Doo Joon.”

The other end went silent for a minute before he spoke again. “Looks is she fine or not?”

“She’s okay…next time you and your play toys want someone to laugh at find another girl. Min Ji is nice and doesn’t deserve that.”

“I wasn’t laughing at her…it’s not like I invited her over.”

“Whatever…she’s asleep right now.”

“At your place?”

“Yeah…is that a problem.”

“Not at all…I’ll call back tomorrow then.” Without another word Kim Bum hung up.

Doo Joon squeezed the phone in his hand as he looked back at the sleeping figure. “How many girls are gonna be hurt by that guy?” He sat down and starred at Min Ji. “Don’t fall for him Min Ji…you deserve so much better.”