No Second Chance

Why Did I Fall In Love With You?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOvKoMdmOfg

>No Second Chance<

Kim Bum was waiting by the school’s main entrance for Min Ji. He wanted to talk to her before anyone else could get her away. Today was the day he would tell her how he really is and get her to give him a second chance. Min Ho and So Eun happened to be walking when they spotted him. He looked at So Eun who shot him a dirty look.

The two walked over to him and Min Ho looked down at him. “Why are you so early?”

“Just waiting on someone.”

Min Ho sighed as he looked at his friend. “I know we haven’t been Seeing Eye to eye lately but I wanted you to know that we are still friends. How have you been doing?”

“I’m fine…even better after I talk to her.” Kim Bum said with a smile.

“You mean Min Ji?” So Eun asked as he she looked at him. “She doesn’t want to speak to you.”

“That’s okay…she can just listen then.”

“She isn’t coming.” The group looked to the side at Doo Joon, he looked pissed. “You might as well go find someone else’s heart to break.”

“What do you mean she isn’t coming?” Kim Bum said as he pushed himself off the wall he was leaning on. He looked at Doo Joon with a glare. “I thought you always drove her.”

“She dropped out.”

“WHAT?!” The three said in unison. “You mean she’s sick right?” Kim Bum said as he stepped forward.

“No you idiot! She isn’t going to be returning.”

“Why would she do that?!” Kim Bum shouted. “I know she was pissed but to give up on her education like that doesn’t make sense!”

“It’s not because of you, you arrogant prick!” Doo Joon said grabbing him up by the collar. “She needs money so she took on some more work hours. Her appa is sick and she needs to help out with the bills. Why does everything she does have to revolve around you!” Doo Joon punched him in the face.

“Doo Joon oppa!” So Eun called horrified, she didn’t like Kim Bum but didn’t want him hurt either.

Kim Bum got up and swung back, both boys hitting hard. “I never said it did…how the hell was I supposed to know when she doesn’t talk to me anymore?”

“Face it, you two aren’t together anymore!” Doo Joon shouted, Min Ho holding him back. “She broke things off yet you still linger in her heart…her thoughts…her feelings. I can’t stand that she doesn’t notice my feelings because she’s stuck in your spell! Why can’t you just let her go?! I could give her everything she needs…money, her own place to live in, keep her in this school without her having to work to pay it off, and love…”

“I can give her those too.”

“Bull ! You already failed!” Doo Joon said breaking free from Min Ho. “Because of you…she’ll never open herself up again.” He said before storming off.

Min Ho looked at Kim Bum. “You okay?”

He didn’t say anything and just walked off. Kim Bum got in his car and drove to the café he knew Min Ji worked at a lot. Sitting down in a corner he watched her work. She wore a smile on her face as she took orders and did her job. He always enjoyed watching her workd, she looked so pretty when she put her all into something.

*He’s right I did manage to make things worse for you didn’t I?* He looked over at the man she just gave his order to. Kim Bum walked over to the man and after a small conversation handed him some money.

Min Ji went back to the table later and smiled at the man. “Are you all done sir or is there something else I can do for you?”

“That’s all.” He said as he put a big tip on the table. “Thank you for your service.”

She looked at the tip with wide eyes. “That’s a lot of money for a tip sir, are you sure you want to give that much?”

He nodded as he smiled at her. “You might just be the best waitress here…you deserve something big.”

She bowed and waited for him to leave before she picked up the money and counted it. “Wow…I can give this to the twins school for their field trip…”

Kim Bum watched from his table and smiled. “She still gets excited over the small things.” He stood up and went to go say something but stopped when another waiter walked over to her, he froze up and put his hands in his pockets before leaving. *I think I need me a drink.*

><><><><><>< 

Later that night Min Ji was working the night shift at the café, it didn’t close until 10 and it was only 9. She sighed as she watched the few customers eat. Her phone rang and after making sure the boss wasn’t around she answered it. “Yoboseyo?”

“Is this Min Ji?”

“Yeah, who’s this?”

“I’m calling from The Dragon club…”

*Dragon Club?*

“We have  Kim Bum here and he is drunk. I took away his car keys and when I asked if someone could come get him he kept saying your name over and over again.”

Min Ji bit her lip as she looked at her watch. *I’m not off yet, leaving now will not count so I won’t get paid. To top it off I’m not responsible for him….why the hell did he say my name?* “I don’t think I can make it…I’m sure if you ask about his friends he can give you a name.”

“Look either you come get him or we’ll kick him out into the streets! He’s been causing problems for us for the past three hours and I’m not spending all night calling around for him to get a ride.”

“Don’t kick him out!” She shouted as she stood up and went to the back. “Give me a few mintues to get there…I have to clock out at work first and then catch a bus.” She said into the phone, after getting the okay she tood off her name tag and clocked out. “Ahjussi I have to head out early!” She shouted.

He boss came from the back room and looked at her. ‘Your shift isn’t over yet Min Ji! I don’t pay you to leave when you want!” He shouted out after her only to be ignored.

“Please tell me when I come back tomorrow I’ll still have a job.” She said to the sky as she ran to the bus stop. “Stupid Kim Bum….”

When she made it to the club the manager was waiting outside with Kim Bum who was speaking gibberish. She ran over and bowed. “Sorry it took so long, thank you for keeping an eye on him.”

He rolled his eyes and tossed Kim Bum and his keys to her, she caught him but they both fell back. “I don’t want to see him around here unless he pays for damages.” He said before going back in.

Min Ji scrunched her nose up and stuck her tongue out at him. “He didn’t have to be so mean…” She helped him up and grabbed the keys, after getting him strapped into the seat she got in the driver’s seat and drove off.

Kim Bum’s head was resting on the window and he let out a laugh. “You came for me Min Ji…”

“Of course I came…” She mumbled as she starred at the rode. “If something bad happened to you I wouldn’t have been able to live with myself.”

“So then you still care about me…” He said as he pushed his hair back. “I want another chance…”

“I can’t do that…you may not understand because your drunk but one thing I can’t forgive is cheating…you can lie all you want about things, and skip out on dates to hang out with your friends…but once you cheat it’s all over. No second chances.”

Kim Bum was drunk but he understood, he looked at her with tears streaming down his eyes. “I wish I could take it all back…please don’t lose faith in me.”

Min Ji pulled over in his house and helped him out the car. “I do have faith in you…and you’ll make one girl happy…but that girl can’t be me.” She said as she knocked on the door, the maid looked at her and him.

“Miss. Min Ji.”

“Hey…I umm had to pick him up from the club. I guess you can handle him now though.”

She nodded and took hold of the drunken boy. Min Ji bowed and turned to go when he called out for her. “Min Ji ah! I love you! Every girl I’m with doesn’t compare to you at all…please don’t go!”

Min Ji closed her eyes to avoid from crying before running off.