The Silent Treatment

Why Did I Fall In Love With You?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6VhcML6Jbw

>The Silent Treatment<

Min Ji woke up the next day with a bad headache. She sat up on the bed and looked around. “Whose bed is this?”

“You finally woke up.” She looked up at Doo Joon confused and he laughed. “You fell asleep on the couch last night after I found you drunk in the streets. I thought you would feel more comfortable in here so I brought you in here and slept on the couch.”

“The couch was fine.”

He walked over to her and handed her a glass of water and something to take for her head. “So what did we learn from last night?”

“That drinking isn’t fun.” She stated as she took the pills and dug in her pocket, she checked her phone for the time. “It’s ten already!” She shouted as she put the cup on the bedside table and got out of bed. “I’m late for work!

I still have to get home and make sure the twins are okay and change into fresh clothes!” She shouted in panic as she looked at him. “Doo Joon sunbae I know you already did a lot for me but I really could use a ride to my house.” Min Ji put her hands together to show her pleading.

He nodded as he grabbed his keys off the table. “Sure thing Min Ji, should you really work in this condition though?”

“I have no choice.” She said.

He nodded and led the way. Doo Joon drove relatively fast under the circumstance and stopped in front of her house. “Nice place.” He said looking at the small house. “Seems cozy. I’ll wait here while you handle your business.”

“You really don’t have to. I mean I’m sure you have a job as well and I wouldn’t want you to be late because of me. Besides I can catch the bus to the mall.”

He tilted his head and gave a “are you kidding me” look. “Really? Imagine how late you’ll be then. Besides I work for my parents, not much trouble I can get in for being late.”

“Okay…I won’t take long.” Min Ji ran into the house, he parents where eating breakfast.

“Welcome home!” He mom yelled as she heard the commotion upstairs. “We missed you at dinner last night!”

“Sorry about that umma! I was out with a friend and fell asleep at there place!” She shouted as she quickly got changed and then ran into the twins room. They sleeping still and an evil smile crept on her face. “GOOD MORNING TWINS!!! WAKE UP CALL!” She cringed at the sharp pain it sent through her head.

Both jumped up in alarm and then looked at each other. “What the…” They looked at her and frowned. “That wasn’t nice unnie/noona.”

“What do you mean, just wanted to say see you seeing as I’m off to work.” She said with a small laugh. “Behave today guys!” Min Ji waved as she left them to give each other puzzeled looks. She ran into the kitchen and grabbed a quick snack. “Alright umma, appa I’m off to work!”

“Be safe dear!” He mom called.

“Don’t you want a real breakfast?”

“No thanks appa! I’m late and my ride is waiting on me!” After closing the door she ran into Doo Joon’s car and let out an exasperated breath. “Ready…”

He laughed as he nodded and drove off.

><><><><><>< 

Kim Bum sat at the table as he starred at his breakfast. “I can’t believe she slept at Doo Joon’s…wonder if something is going on between the two.” He thought aloud as he tapped his finger on the table. “I could ask her…” *But she’s probably still mad at me so she really wouldn’t answer me.* “Why should I care, she’s not my problem.”

A lady walked into the room wearing a long t-shirt, she looked at him and smiled. “Ah, you must be the son. Good morning.” She said as she sat down, one of the maids set a plate down in front of her.

He looked at her with a raised eyebrow. “Where is my father?”

“He’s upstairs getting ready to come down. I’m---“

“Not interested.” He said as he stood up. “Every woman that comes in this house has the same name to me.” After walking away he stopped and looked back at her. “Play toy.” She gave a shocked look and he smirked before walking away. *She won’t be coming back anytime soon.* He left the house and got in his car.

Kim Bum picked up his friends and drove to the mall. Min Ho looked at them as he straightened out his shirt. “They better have the shoes I need…”

Hyun Joon looked at him and then laughed a bit. “I told you not to wait until the last minute to get them.” The guys walked into the mall and looked around for the shoe place.

><><><><>< 

Min Ji sighed as she looked at the man before her. “I told you that I wanted the shoes in a size 13 and in black. What color does this look like to you?”

“It’s brown sir…but that’s the only one we had left in stock. I figured you could just try it on and see if you liked the way it looked on you.”

“This is why people like you get stuck with jobs like this. I swear they get dumber each year! How about you go back to the back and check again.”

Min Ji shook her head. “I’m sure it’s the only one left in your size sir. If you don’t like it I can order you another one and you can come back in a few days for it. Until then you can leave if you’re not going to buy anything.”

He threw the shoe to the side and starred at her. “What horrible customer service. I would love to speak with your boss.”

“Min Ji….” So Eun said from her spot behind the cash register.

“The owner of the shop isn’t in today so I’m in charge. You can call the number from the website to make a complaint, you should leave before I’m forced to call security.”

He laughed at her. “I’m not scared of security little girl. How about I make a deal with you. To make up for your mistake you can entertain me…” She didn’t like the look on his face. “I’m willing to pay and---“  Before he could finish she smacked him hard across the face. He got mad and grabbed her by the arm. “Did you just hit me?”

“Let her go!” So Eun shouted as she ran over.

“Make me.”

“I’d let her go if I were you.” Everyone turned their eyes to Min Ho. The guy let her go and looked around at the other customers who were starring. Without a word he left, Min Ho rolled his eyes. “What a loser.”

So Eun let out a sigh of relief, the line by the register grew longer. “Min Ji go handle that and I’ll help him.” Min Ji nodded and did as told. “How can I help you.”

He looked at her confused. “You work?”

“Nope, just helping a friend out since she’s alone here today.”

The two went to find him some shoes and Hyun Joong walked over to the register. He watched Min Ji worked and looked at her. “You okay?”

“I’m fine…”

“What was that about back their?” Hyung Joon said with a curious look. “Looks like you were in a tight spot.”

“It was no big deal.”

“No big deal? He looked like he was gonna hurt you if we didn’t show up.” Kim Bum said as he folded his arms. “Why did you go and slap him?”

She ignored him and rung up the next customer. “So do you need shoes as well Hyun Joong? Hyung Joon?”

“Were good, only here for Min Ho.”

“Hey! What about me? Aren’t you gonna ask if I need anything?” Kim Bum said only to be ignored again.

She was finally done and sat down. “Wonder how So Eun is doing…it’s her first time working.”

“You should be more concerned about that guy.” Kim Bum said as he looked out the store. “No guarantee he won’t come back and cause more troubles. Should we stay and help out?”

Hyun Joon noticed the tension between the two and looked at her. “If you want I can stay behind. I have no other plans for today and I’d like to try and earn my own money to see how it feels.”

“That’s okay Hyun Joon oppa. My sift is over soon anyways.”

Min Ho walked over with his shoes and looked at her. “Hurry and ring this up for me.”

She nodded and rung it up. After he paid for it she handed him the bag. “Thank you for shopping with us today.”

He looked at her and then sighed. “I don’t feel like I should leave you here under the circumstances.” Min Ho looked at her and then the guys. “We can wait until your shift is over just in case that jerk decides to come back.”

“No thank you.”

“Look…think of this as my apology for what I did to you in school.” He said as he gave a serious look. “The way you tried to shield So Eun and Doo Joon from the others teasing was much unexpected. I respect you for helping your friends. Let me do this so I can stop feeling so bad for being mean.”

“If you want.” She said.

Time seemed to go by slow, the whole grew awkward. So Eun would strike up a conversation but it would always lead to Kim Bum trying to talk to Min Ji who would ignore him. He was started to grow frustrated with the whole situation. Min Ho could tell something was up as well and didn’t like the way things were going. Hyung Joon couldn’t help but snicker at Kim Bum’s anger.

“Alright someone tell me what happened between you two.” Min Ho said standing up from his stool and looked at Min Ji and Kim Bum. “What’s with the hostility? I thought it was me she didn’t like from the group.”

“Actually you’re not that bad.” She stated.

“Don’t change the subject.”

“Ask your friend…”

He faced Kim Bum who looked at him. “How should I know? She’s the one who got drunk and left the house yesterday putting her in danger.”

“You were drunk last night?” So Eun asked as she looked at her.

“Better question…what where you doing at his place?” Hyung Joon questioned with a small smile. “I didn’t know you two knew each other like that.”

“We don’t.” She stated. “I just went to give him a thank you gift for cheering me up before.” Min Ji turned to her friend. “I only got drunk because his two girlfriends were making it seem like they were better than me.”

“It wasn’t like that.”

“Yeah it was…and you agreed with them. But it doesn’t matter anyway because despite what they said I don’t like you. To be honest I hate your guts.”

A lady came in and smiled. “I came to relive you of work Min Ji.”

She smiled and bowed. “Have a good night. Let’s go So Eun.”

So Eun nodded and bowed to the guys. “Umm..see you around.”

Min Ji looked at Kim Bum. “As for the gifts. I’ll give them to one of the guys to give to you. Maybe one of those girls would like them better.”

“Look I bought them for you so just keep them.”

“Whatever.” She said and left with So Eun.

Kim Bum walked out the store and went to say something but stopped himself. “Let’s get going guys.”

Min Ho walked past him. “Looks like I won’t be having problems with her anymore. Thanks for taking my place on her hate list.”

Kim Bum laughed at his remark. “She’ll be talking to me again tomorrow.” The guys went to his car and he stopped when he saw her and So Eun in a pink sports car which he assumed was So Eun’s. She looked over at him, he smiled and waited for her to return it but she just looked away as the car pulled off.

><><><><><><><><><><>< 

Author’s Note: It’s been awhile hasn’t it my lovely readers/subscriber/commenters huh? Sorry for the wait but I just finished a story which means this one is currently the only one I’m working on! As always I hope you enjoy the read.