Ji Young’s Advice

Why Did I Fall In Love With You?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrl8weYTmGU 

>Ji Young’s Advice<

Kim Bum sighed as he dialed her number again.

“Hi! Sorry I’m not answering my phone at the moment but leave a message and I’ll call you back as soon as I can!”

Came the Min Ji’s voice, he hung up and tossed the phone onto the chair. The girl lying next to him sat up and smiled. “Who where you calling so early?”

“No one…I expect you to be gone by the time I’m done with my shower.” He said simply before walking off. *Min Ji…why did you change your stupid number…is that your way of showing you were serious?* “I’m going crazy…I don’t want to break up.”

><><><><><><><>< 

Min Ji was sitting by the ocean starring off into the distance, someone sat on the bench by her and she smiled. “Why do you always pop up when I come here to think?”

“I always sense when something is going on.” Doo Joon said as he looked at her. “So would my senses be correct.”

She looked at him with a small smile. “My…appa is sick.” Min Ji said as she looked back at the water, it had rained the previous night so not many people where out walking. The cars crossing the bridge was the only noise aside from the water. “He’s been sick for awhile actually…but he didn’t say anything.”

“What do you mean he’s been sick?” Doo Joon asked as he sat up straight and looked at her. “Is he going to be alright?”

“I don’t know.” She said as she pushed her hair back. “But him being in the hospital means Umma and I have to pick up the slack around the house. I’ve already talked about it with the headmasters and it’s been decided that I’m leaving college.”

“Leaving?!” Doo Joon shouted as he stood up. “What do you mean? As in dropping out?”

“Yeah…”

“You can’t do that!” He shouted at her. “Dropping out would be throwing away your life, you could have continued going and actually became a photographer or something! If it’s because of money then I’ll help you guys out, just name the price!”

“It’s not that easy.” She said as she stood up as well. “There my family…I can’t let someone who has no relation to them just give us money. It’s pathetic and I refused to be some charity case.”

“It’s not like that---“

“Not to you…but to me, and to the others that’s all it will be. My top priority is making sure my Umma stays healthy and that the twins are taken care of. I’d sacrifice my everything for my family…”

“Min Ji…”

“I need to head off to work.” She said as she turned to go, she paused and looked up at the sky. “It’s kind of funny…yesterday the rain washed away all my feelings about Kim Bum and my father, but sitting here today made me realize something important. It cleared up though and things seem to be getting worse, why can’t it just rain forever?” With that question lingering in the air Min Ji left.

Doo Joon watched her until she disappeared and he sat back down. “Min Ji…all my life I’ve had things handed to me. If money was needed I always had it thanks to my parents. You’ve worked hard enough…when will you get your chance to relax and think of yourself?”

><><><><><><><><><><>< 

Kim Bum starred at the café he his car was parked by. He was invited there by HER. So many thoughts where going through his head, he was confused. Slowly he looked at his locket and opened it up, with a small smile he looked at Min Ji’s face.

“Min Ji…can I be as strong as you?” After a few seconds of thinking he closed the locket and made his way into the café.

“Kim Bum oppa over here!” In the distance Ji Young waved at him, he walked over to her and sat in the empty seat. She gave him a big welcoming smile. “It’s been so long hasn’t it oppa?”

“Why did you ask me to meet you here?” Kim Bum said agitated.

“Hm? You seem so hostile, usually you’re always so sweet to girls.”

“Yeah, your point?”

“Does this have anything to do with your break up with your ex?”

“She’s not my ex…we didn’t break up.”

“Talk about denial…if a girl never wants to see you again then chances are she is breaking up with you.”

“How do you know all of this anyway?” Kim Bum questioned as he leaned on the table. “Hyun Joon?” She nodded and he rolled his eyes. “Figure he couldn’t help but in anyways. Look I don’t know what he asked you to do or how he thought talking to you would help me but it’s not so how about we go our separate ways?”

“Remember back in school when I would have a heavy back pack and you would insist on carrying it for me?”

“Yeah, so what?”

“How about the time the football players cornered me after cheerleading practice and you and the guys fought for me. Even though you lost you threatened them again the next day to make sure they left me alone?”

Kim Bum nodded, he didn’t know what she was getting at by bringing up the past. “Is there a point down this senseless trip through memory lane?”

She shrugged as she played with her cup of hot chocolate. “I just remember a guy that was persistent, even after I hurt his feelings he still kept trying to get me to fall for him.” Ji Young looked up at him with sad eyes. “Your hurt…I can see that. I haven’t been such a good friend to you which is why we stopped talking but I do still care.

If you’re not careful you could end up sick or hurt. Just try talking to the girl, don’t give up on her.”

“It’s not that easy.” He said as he looked down. “Every time I look at her I see her face from that day. I feel like my world ended when I made her cry. She can do better than me and I think she has…Doo Joon will protect her.”

“Who are you to make the call and say whose better for her?” She shouted, some people glanced there way. “It’s her choice and hers alone, your taking away the option.”

“You just said when a girl says she never wants to see a guy again it means it’s over. Lower your voice.”

She shook her head and sighed. “When did you become so hopeless? Show her you can change! Prove to her that although you’re an you can be her !” Ji Young said with a fist pump. “Don’t take no for an answer!”

Kim Bum looked at her for a few seconds before he broke into laughter. She pouted and folded her arms. “I’m trying to help and you’re making fun of me.”

“Now I remember why I liked you so much.” He said as he looked at her. “Fine then…I can be a better person for her.”

“Good, now give me your phone.”

“Wae?” He said as he handed it to her, she dropped it in her cup and after the screen went blurry it shut off. “Are you crazy?!” Kim Bum shouted as he stood up. “That phone had all my numbers in it!”

“Duh, now the girls can’t contact you through your phone and you can’t contact them.” She said with a huge grin. “Your change starts now.”

Kim Bum rolled his eyes and sat down. “Fine…but you didn’t have to break my NEW phone…I could have just changed the number and deleted the old contacts.” *Min Ji…I’ll show you who I really am…it’s time I go back to being the real me.*