Shoulder to Cry On

Why Did I Fall In Love With You?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNOfQDfOdak 

>Shoulder to Cry On<

Kim Bum was driving and taking directions form Min Ji. “How far is this place were going to eat?” He asked as he glanced at her. “I know some good places by the rings…guess you wouldn’t be able to pay for the food there.” The comment wasn’t said to be mean but just a fact.

Min Ji rolled her eyes. “How spoiled.” She commented as she pointed up ahead. “There it is…stop right there!” He did as told and tilted his head at the small house.

“You’re place?”

“Yup! Umma makes the best food ever! I sent her a text telling her to make enough for company.” She got out the car and he followed her to the door. Once she opened it she was tackled by two kids.

“Noona is finally home!”

“Unnie who’s the guy? Is he your boyfriend?!”

“He’s not my boyfriend Aya…he’s just a friend.”

Jun walked in front of Kim Bum and gave him the up and down stare. “I don’t know Noona…he doesn’t seem like he’s good enough to know you.”

Kim Bum looked down at him and smiled. “I didn’t know you had siblings.” He stated simply.

“She doesn’t!” Aya said with a smile. “Were her kids!”

Kim Bum’s eyes widened as he looked at her. “Miss Innocent?”

Min Ji shook her head. “She’s only saying that because I take care of them a lot more then I should.” She walked into the house and to the kitchen to find her mother cooking. “Smells good umma!” She said taking a good sniff.

“Well I knew we were having company so I thought I should go all out.” She looked at Kim Bum with wide eyes. “And such handsome company at that, you must be a real heartbreaker.” She commented with a smile.

“Thank you Ahjumma.” He said with a grin.

“You have no idea.” Min Ji mumbled under her breath as she grabbed a cookie form he cookie jar, her mother hit her hand and she sighed. “Sorry Umma.” Once her mother walked away she stole a cookie and ran upstairs.

Her mother laughed. “Silly kid…”

Kim Bum starred at her, he hadn’t seen his mother in so long. The way Min Ji’s mother played with her and stood their cooking felt nice to him. “Come on up Kim Bum Sunbae!” She called from up the stairs.

He mother looked back at him and he blushed now embarrassed. “C..Coming!” He shouted before bowing and running up the steps as fast as possible. Kim Bum found her room with ease and looked around the space, it wasn’t too small despite the way the outside of the house looked. “So this is your room?”

“Yeah…no one has been in here besides my family since High School. Sorry for the mess.” She said as she pushed some things off her bed so he could sit. “I would have cleaned up if I knew I would bring someone home.”

He examined all of her posters ranging from Super Junior, SHINee, F(x), 2ne1, to a bunch of pictures of different Dramas. “You know with all those posters the room seems even more cramped then it really is.”

“Yeah, but I don’t like it feeling empty, then I get lonely fast.” She commented as she dug in her dresser for something. “I know you pefer to eat at fancy places but this seemed like the best choice.”

“It’s okay….I know you are kinda cheap.”

“I’m not---“ She looked up at him to see a smirk on his face. “Hahaha…very funny.” She said as she tossed the nearest stuffed animal to him.

Aya ran into the room and looked at him. “Hey unnie’s friend are you staying for dinner.” He nodded, she laughed as she looked out the door. “See I told you he was oppa!”

He brother peeked in the room and held his nose up high. “I don’t know…he smells funny noona.”

Min Ji laughed as she sat down in a chair. “I was thinking the same thing Jun. Guess I forgot to introduce you all. Twins this is Kim Bum, Kim Bum meet the twins Jun and Aya.” Both twins stood by her and the three of them flashed a smile. “They have been living here ever since they were small.”

“Really? Why don’t they live with their parents?”

“They’re gone.” Jun said as he looked down. “So Noona and her umma and appa are letting us stay here.”

“Oh…sorry.” He said now regretting he even asked.

“Food is done!”

The twins where the first to go downstairs. Min Ji noticed the look on his face and laughed. “You don’t need to worry about the twins. They can handle talking about them now so it’s not like you hurt their feelings. If you don’t want them to eat all the good meat we should head down now.”

Min Ji’s father had just gotten home when he saw everyone at the table. “Looks like I’m just in time for dinner.” He said as he sat down at the end of the table. He looked over at Kim Bum. “I didn’t know we had company today…a boyfriend perhaps?”

“No appa.” Min Ji said with a small blush, it sounded weird coming from him. “He’s just a friend…”

“Of course.” He said with a laugh. “Well then what is your name?”

“I’m Kim Sang Beom sir…”

“Kim Sang Beom…it’s nice to meet you. You must be from her school.”

“Yeah.”

“Well then thank you for taking care of my daughter…I know many of the kids must not be happy with her situation money wise and all. I’m glad she was still able to make some friends there.” He said as he took a bite out of his food. “Anyone who looks after my princess is always welcome here.”

Min Ji slapped her hand against her face. “Really Appa…the nicknames now?” She questioned as she stuffed with food. “Purposely embarrassing me.” Min Ji spoke with cheeks full of food.

“She really is adorable.” He said causing the table to erupt in laughter.

Kim Bum enjoyed the food and looked at her mother when they were all done. “If you don’t mind me asking Ahjumma…but what did you do to make this food so delicious?”

“Oh nothing special…I’m sure you’ve tasted better at fancy places.”

“I haven’t.” He said honestly as he looked at her with a smile. “I haven’t had a home cooked meal since I was 6…”

Her mother softened as she smiled. “How about you take some home with you then. You are always welcome to come back when you feel like you would like a home cooked meal.”

He nodded, Min Ji went to do the dishes and he stood by her drying them when she was done. “I really like it here.”

“Huh?” She looked at him. “Really? I thought someone as spoiled as you couldn’t wait to leave this house.”

“It’s comfortable and not lonely.” He stated as he looked at her. “Plus your parents are very nice.”

“I’m sure your umma and appa are nice as well.”

He cringed at the mention of his parents, once they were done with the dishes he told her he had to leave. Min Ji was in her room relaxing when the twins peeked in her room. She looked at them and patter the spots by her on the bed. Both gladly laid down next to her and they all starred up at the ceiling.

“Unnie…do you like Sang Beom oppa?” Aya questioned.

“Yeah, he’s not a bad friend when he isn’t acting like a spoiled brat.”

“I guess he isn’t too bad.” Jun said as he rolled his eyes. “I mean I’m cooler but I guess he can hang around you with my permission.”

She laughed as she poked him. “Well thank you for the permission appa.” The three staid in the room talking until them all feel asleep comfortably.

><><><><><><>< 

Kim Bum sighed as he took another shot, he was drunk at a bar. “It felt so nice having her umma do all those things. Cook…and joke around. She was a real nice women…” He grew frustrated  and accidently knocked his cup over.

The cup spilled out on the floor and on someone’s shoes. The guy looked down upset. “What the hell! Watch it kid!” He shouted as he glared at him. “I just got these today!”

Kim Bum rolled his eyes as he stumbled up. “There nothing special…I’ve seen better shoes on homeless people.” He remarked.

The guy got more upset as he picked him up the shirt. “Are you making fun of my shoes now?”

“Well I wasn’t complementing them.” The guy dragged him outside to an ally where him and his friends beat Kim Bum up. He was too drunk to fight back so he took a pretty bad beating. The guys left him in a pile of garbage while they laughed.

><><><><><>< 

Min Ji woke up to the sound of her phone ringing. She slowly answered it. “Yoboseyo?”

“M..Min Ji…I need a favor.”

“Kim Bum sunbae…you sound drunk.”

She listened to him speak before she jumped up. “I’ll be there soon!” Min Ji made sure not to wake the twins up and left the house not noticing watchful eyes on her. She walked to the bar he told her he was at and looked around. “Sunbae?” Min Ji heard something fall and looked into the ally way, she saw familiar clothes and rushed over. “Wow…they sure did beat you up good.”

She helped Kim Bum up and after searching for his car found it. Min Ji took his keys form him and drove him home. When she rung the bell the maid opened it and gasped. “What happened?”

“Bar fight.” She said simply as she looked up the many stairs. “Which room?”

“Third door down the hall on your left.”

Min Ji helped him to his room and he fell to his bed. “I can’t believe you left my house just to get drunk. Babo. What made you so mad anyways?”

“I was trying to take away the pain.” He said.

“Pain? Did you get hurt leaving my place?” She asked in panic as she looked at him.

“No.” He replied as he started crying, he covered his face with his arm despite his swollen check. “The pain of not having my umma around…the pain of seeing her turn her back on me and leave…the pain of not being wanted by her.” He said unable to stop his drunken mouth form spilling his emotions out to her. “Being with your family reminded me how screwed up mines is!”

Min Ji softened as she took the sleeve to her shirt and moved his arm. She whipped his tears away and looked at him. “Babo…drinking isn’t going to solve such pains…trust me.” She said remembering when she was drunk. “If anything it increases it.”

“I’m sorry…” He said as he sat up. “I must have hurt you before….”

“It doesn’t matter now.”

He hugged her tightly as he buried his face in between her shoulder and neck. “Please don’t go…I don’t want to be trapped in this big house alone tonight…” He said desperately. “Stay…”

Min Ji nodded as she patted his back. “If that’s what you want.” *I didn’t know he was hurting this much…so does his umma have anything to do with what he said at the ice skating ring?”

“Is that how it’s supposed to look when you love someone?”

*Please stop crying…it breaks my heart to see you in such pain.*