Broken Promise

Can't you see?

 

L was enjoying his cake while his phone suddenly ringing. He looked at the caller. His head tilted in confusion.  He didn’t even know the number.

“Heerin, you know this number?” L showed his sister the number. Heerin who was washing the dish, stopped for awhile. She stared at the number.

“Well, do you expect me to remember all my contacts’ number?” She raised an eyebrow. Her brother just shrugged.

“How do I know? You look like someone who will remember the contacts’ number,” he said, rejecting the call.

“Is that a compliment?” she winked to him while drying the plates.

“More to insulting, actually,” he whispered but unfortunately, Heerin heard him.

“I heard it.” Dramatically, Heerin turned her back to L and pretended to sulk.

“Yah, stop it already! I won’t persuade you, got it?”

“Fine,” Heerin pouted cutely. L was about to say something but then, the sound of his loud ringtone echoed the dining room. Frustrated, L pushed the reject button.

“You know, oppa, you should just answer that call. Maybe Jieun is calling you but she uses someone’s phone or something,” Heerin told him as she walked towards the living room to watch her favorite variety show, Running Man.

“You think so?” Heerin nodded.

“Who knows? Nothing is impossible, oppa. Believe it!”

“You and your Naruto thing… Isyy” L shook his head. He then thought, but she wants to divorce with me. Wait… Is she going to tell me that the letter is ready? He bit his lip. Hesitating, he answered the call.

“Hello?” A guy’s voice was heard. L sighed in relief as it was not Jieun.

“Yes. L is here. Who are you?”

“I’m…” the caller was hesitating.

“You are?” L tapped the table with his long fingers. Somehow, it reminded him of Jieun. He smiled bitterly.

“I’m-“

“Oh wait. You are an alien from planet EXO that my sister loves so much?”

“No, I’m-“The caller sounded too serious. Over the phone, the caller did not even smile with L’s stupid joke.

“I was just kidding. Don’t be too serious. I’m not in the mood.” The caller took a deep breath.

“I’m Jo Kwangmin.” L paused. He hated that name. Fury filled his eyes. His lips turned into a thin line as his hand curled into a fist. Unknowingly, his grip on the fork he was holding on became much stronger that it bended a little. His breathing became heavy. He took Jieun from me. So, what did he want now?! He wanted to tell me ‘in your face’? L thought angrily.

“What do you want?” his voice was rougher than before.

“I-“

“If you’re looking for Jieun, she’s not here.”

“I want to meet you.”

“So that you can tell me that I lose to you? Huh, sorry but I’m so busy fanboying over my beautiful housemate right now. I have no time to meet you.” L said sarcastically as he sat on the couch in the living room. Heerin who heard the conversation, laughed.

“Just for a moment, please?”

“I won’t see you even for a freaking second!”

“It’s important.”

“Huh, like I care. Just tell monkeys your oh-so-important story. I’m not interested.”

“Stop being sarcastic, will you?” L made a face over the phone.

“It’s about Jieun. Come if you really love her. I’ll be waiting at Bubble Café. You have 30 minutes from now.” He then ended the conversation. L quickly changed and went to Bubble Café with his sister because he didn’t want to be ‘alone’ with Kwangmin.

---

“Jessica? Thank God, you’re awake!” Jieun exclaimed happily with a bright smile after the doctor closed the door. She hugged Jessica before she was pushed away by Jessica herself. Jieun was shocked. They were alone in the room. Mr. and Mrs. Jung went home a few hours ago to get some rest.

“Get your dirty hands off me!” Jessica said coldly. Her stare was very sharp that it creep Jieun out.

“Sica-ah, your act is horrible! Stop acting, will you?” Jieun patted Jesica’s shoulder as she shook her head. Again, Jessica pushed her.

“Get out! I hate you!” Jessica threw her pillow towards Jieun. Jieun stood still near Jessica.

“But… Why?” hot tears rolled down her cheeks. She did not blink even for once. She was too shock by Jessica’s statement.

“I hate you… I hate you…” the yells turned into sobs. Jessica’s sobs became harder as she thought of her taken mysterious man. She still couldn’t believe it. He was taken… by her own best friend. She knew it was not Jieun’s fault. It was her fault from the very beginning.

“Leave me alone” Jessica pleaded. Her eyes looked at the floor.

“But-“

“Leave me alone!” She yelled. With heavy heart, Jieun walked out of the room. Once the door was closed, Jessica cried her eyes out. Why do I love him in the first place? Why? Why does he make me go crazy? Why can’t his picture leave my mind alone? I don’t want to love him! I don’t want to… Jessica sobbed harder.

“Jieun… I’m so sorry,” she cried harder as she thought of their memories together.

 

“Sica-ah, will you promise me that you will never ever leave me for someone you like?” Jieun held out her pinky in front of Jessica. Jessica who was looking at a handsome guy opposite them, startled. She turned to Jieun.

“Huh? What did you say?”

“I say… Will you promise me that you will never ever leave me for someone you like?” Jessica smiled.

“Of course, I won’t leave you for someone I like,” she said as her pinky linked to Jieun’s pinky. But then, she continued to stare at the guy that she liked.

“Unnie, you don’t look like you will keep that promise!” Jieun pushed her hand. Again, she startled.

“Huh? Eh… Of course I will keep my promise! Hehe…” she chuckled.

“Friendship is much more important, right?” she winked.

 

“I’m sorry that I broke our promise,” she clutched the bed sheet. Tears did not stop flowing from her eyes.

“I’m sorry.”

---

“So, what do you want to tell me?” L asked Kwangmin. He looked at him intensely. Heerin who was standing behind him, chuckled at how impatient L was.

“Please have a seat first.” L and Heerin sat in front of Kwangmin.

“Well, the thing is…”

 

 

 


 

Author's note:

 

Cliffhanger. 

 

I want comments but naaaaaaaahhhh... No one wants to comment. 

 

I'm a bit disappointed but I gain 4 subscribers. So, yeay! I'm happy! 

 

Love you guys, bubblebye ^_^

- BDA