Bestest Buddy

BTS ONE SHOTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as Tae walks out of the reception, he lets his smile drop. He stands alone in a quiet corner of the courtyard, trying to be calm. His cheeks hurt from having had to fake being happy for the last 3 hours. He's a good actor, he knows, but keeping up an act like that while watching the person he loves marry someone else... That's thoroughly exhausting and Tae is so close to tears. Never mind the last 3 hours, he's had to fake his smile for the last three months.

From being asked to be the best man, to whether the wedding should outdoors or indoors, to what color the cummerbunds for the tuxes should be - ALL of it had cut him over and over. Some nights he had lain awake in bed, mouth open in a silent scream as the tears flowed freely and he cried himself to sleep. He had told himself repeatedly that it was the price to pay for being in love with his best friend. His very straight best friend.

He had come out to Jimin 6 years ago, and had been extremely relieved when Jimin laughed fondly. "Is that supposed to be news to me? Haha. I've known forever, Tae. Nothing changes, though. You're still you, my bestest buddyyy," Jimin had said, rubbing his knuckles against Tae's head after pulling him into a chokehold.

Jimin may have known Tae is gay, but Tae doubts Jimin knows that Tae has been in love with him for 5 years now. He has been so careful not to let it show. He doesn't want to risk losing his best friend.

Tae hears footsteps approaching

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter