24.

Lover From Paradise

 

L was throwing glance on the outside from the balcony. He heard footsteps nearing him and instantly recognized who was it. It was no doubt , it was you.

“I have something to talk.” You said in monotone voice.

L looked at you with an empty look. He knew what were you going to talk about so he wouldn’t mind much.

“What is it about?” He asked even he already knew where was the topic heading about.

“I bet you know already , aren’t you?” You asked him to make sure.

L sighed. He didn’t say anything for minutes. He looked at you then threw his look away.

“Just tell what do you want me to do.” L said without even glancing at you. From the way he talked , you knew he was feeling hurt as well.

You took a deep breath. This was the hardest thing for you to do ever since you were born.

“Why are you silent? Talk. I want you to talk , not being mute , ___-ah.” His words kinda hurt you but you quickly threw that hurt feeling away from your heart. You wanted to appreciate every single minute with L right now.

“….” You couldn’t say anything. It was like you had lost the ability to speak.

One tear.

Two tears.

Three tears.

Tears started to roll down your cheeks. You covered your mouth yet you couldn’t suppress your tears anymore.

L turned to look at you. He felt sad to see you in that condition. He went to you and pulled you into his hug. He was hugging you so tight.

You hugged him back as tight as you could. L was your back.

“Please don’t cry like this. It hurts me a lot of seeing you cry because of me. Please stop crying , ___-ah.” He kissed your hair which made you felt touched.

You didn’t want to feel that way anymore. You realized into reality and pushed L from you softly.

“M-Myungsoo…”

L gave you a look to continue. You can see there was no expression on his face.

You tried hard to speak but you couldn’t say anything. You didn’t want to say it. With a heavy feeling , you clenched your fist and took L’s palm then put something on it.

With that , you stepped back.

L looked at what you gave him. He smiled lightly when he took a look on what thing was it. He had expected that from you.

The infinite locket.

“So , you ask for a separation huh?”

You were shocked by the way L had uttered those words. It sounded cynical on your ears which made you looked to L’s face but then you pushed away the thought of how cynical was that sounded when you saw his eyes started to get watery.

“Myungsoo oppa…”

“I’m fine. Don’t worry. I’m really fine with this separation since you’re the one who asked for it. How can I say no right?” L smiled in tears.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you in any way. This is the only bright way that I see. I..”

“I understand. It’s not your fault , so don’t worry. I’m not blaming you for what’s happening. We can’t avoid what’ll happen to us in the future , so here I am being as sincere as I can to accept the fact that I’m leaving my one and only girl that I love.” L gave you a smile and hold your hands tight.

You looked at him deeply.

“Accompany me tonight , okay?” L said , barely a whisper.

You nodded before your tears dropped again once L’s lips reached your forehead.