The Truth

Lover From Paradise

 

It was a boring evening. You watched the television but not even any programme or drama interest you. You kept changing the channel. Bored , you threw the remote on the coffee table and laid down on the couch. You closed your eyes , wanted to take a nap.

L came downstairs and was looking for you. Then he saw you on the couch. He gazed your face closely and smiled.

You felt L’s hot breath on your face and opened your eyes. You shrieked when you found L’s handsome face was in front of yours and quickly pushed him , making him stumbled backwards and fell down on the floor.

L groaned. “Aish , can you stop that habit of yours?!” L stood up and dusted off his pants. “What habit of mine?” You asked, blinking your eyes innocently. L sighed. “Forget it.”

You were about to lay down on the couch again before L pulled your hands. “Aish , what’s wrong with you?” You asked ,irked by him.

“Let’s go somewhere!” L grinned. “Where?” “Just somewhere!” “But I’m hungry!” “Aish! I promise we’re going to be back before the dinner!”

Before you can say anything else , L already dragged you. Your mum saw you and L were going out and quickly asked , “Where are you two going?”

“Just somewhere!” L answered. “Be back before dinner , okay?” L gave an OK sign to your mum and quickly went out with you.

Your mum shook her head. “Couples these days.”

--

“L , stop dragging me!” You said. “Okay here we are!” L let go of your hands from his grasp and smiled at you.

You looked to your front and gasped. All the past memories started to attack your mind. It was your favorite park , where you first met L and the last time you’ve seen him.

“W-Why are you bringing me here?” You asked L in disbelief. You felt weird about how L found out about this park , which was now an abandoned park.

“Because I want you to remember me again.” You stared at L weirdly. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

L heaved out a sigh. “Seriously , ____? You can’t even remember who am I?”

You shook your head swiftly. “Why? Did we know each other before?”

“Yes. We have a lot of memories together in our childhood.” You cracked up at L’s statement.

“Hey , it’s not funny at all! I’ve never been closed with any boys when I was little except for—” You stopped laughing and looked at L with wide eyes. “…Myungie oppa and Yeollie oppa.”

That was when it hit you. Myungie as Kim Myungsoo. *Myungie oppa , Kim Myungsoo , L?*

“Yes , I’m your Myungie oppa.” L said , like he was reading your mind.

“Are you serious? You’re not lying ,do you?” You asked , as your eyes started to form tears.

“Why should I lie on the girl that I love?”

“Y-You love me?” You stared at L , hoping for a real answer.

“Yes , I do love you a lot , ____. Can’t you see it?”

“Then why did you leave me for years when I ran away from you? Why did you never try to look for me? Why are you coming back just now? I never thought of your confession as just a stupid childhood’s confession. Now you’re back for what?” More of your tears dropped , rolling down on your cheeks.

L wiped away your tears using his thumbs. His heart ached of seeing you cry because of him.

“It’s a long story.”

--

-FLASHBACK-

The little Myungsoo was pacing around while waiting for his loved one. He kept staring at the chocolate that he wanted to give her.

“Sungyeol hyung! Do you think she’ll accept me? Where is she? Does she not coming here today?” Myungsoo bombarded Sungyeol ,who was a year older than him.

“Aish you Myungsoo. Just remember your lines that I wrote for you! She’ll definitely accept you! She told me that she likes you yesterday! Like you weren’t usual to her lateness.” The older Sungyeol said to his younger.

Just then , they heard footsteps running towards them. Myungsoo and Sungyeol looked at each others with big eyes and screamed , “She’s coming!!!!”

“How’s my hair? Do I have anything on my face? How’s my bowtie?” Myungsoo panicked. Sungyeol scanned Myungsoo from top to below. He fixed Myungsoo’s hair a bit. “Perfect!”

“Myungie oppa! Yeolie oppa!” A cute voice was shouting their names.

“Quick go and hide , hyung!” Myungsoo pushed Sungyeol inside the bushes.

“Ow! He’ll pay for this later!” Sungyeol said under his breath.

Myungsoo hid the chocolate behind him and smiled at the little you. You beamed at Myungsoo. “Where’s Yeolie oppa?” You asked while looking around for any sight of Sungyeol.

“Well , he , err—he said he wanna go out with his mum.” Myungsoo rubbed the back of his neck.

You nodded. Then you saw Myungsoo was hiding something behind him. “What are you hiding ,oppa?”

Myungsoo bit his lips. Behind the bushes, Sungyeol was cheering for him. ‘Hwaiting!’ He mouthed to Myungsoo.

“Err … chocolate for you?” Myungsoo gave the chocolate for you. You brightened when you saw the chocolate.

“Whoa! Chocolate! Thanks , Myungie oppa!” You heartedly took the chocolate from him.

“Y-Yea.” Myungsoo smiled. It was silence when you were eating the chocolate that he gave you while sitting on a bench.

“______-ah.” Myungsoo called your name. “Yes,oppa?”

“S-Sungyeol hyung told me something today.” “What is it?” You asked eagerly.

“That you like me.”

Your eyes widened. *Yeolie hyung told Myungie oppa about that?!*Your cheeks turned bright red.

“I like you too. So , do you want to be my girlfriend in high school later?” Myungsoo looked at you with an anticipating look on his face.

*Myungie oppa likes me , Myungie oppa likes me , Myungie oppa likes me….* You stood up.

“______-ah? Do you…”

Before Myungsoo couldn’t finish his sentences , you already ran away from him. “_____!” He shouted your name with disappointment in his voice.

Sungyeol quickly got out from the bushes. “D-Did she just rejected you?!” Sungyeol screamed.

Myungsoo sighed. “I guess.” “No way. I don’t believe ____ just rejected you.” Sungyeol said.

Myungsoo walked away from the park , leaving Sungyeol behind. “I guess she doesn’t want to see me again after this.”

“Aish Kim Myungsoo, don’t walk too fast!” Sungyeol catching up with Myungsoo.

Myungsoo was now crossing the road without even looking to his right of left ,feeling so down.

“KIM MYUNGSOO!!!!!!” Sungyeol shouted.

Myungsoo looked back to see Sungyeol’s frightened face and then he turned his look to the side and that was when he knew his life was over. A car was speeding towards Myungsoo while honking at him , signing him to move but his body froze at the moment. He just watched how the car was getting nearer to him.

CRASH!

Everything went black for Myungsoo. The last thing that he remembered was your angelic face before he collapsed on the road.

Seeing his bestfriend being hit by a car , Sungyeol quickly ran towards Myungsoo. Myungsoo was bleeding badly. His body was not moving at all. Sungyeol’s eyes became big when he couldn’t feel anything on Myungsoo’s wrist.

“No…. Myungsoo noo!!! You’re not leaving me! Someone save my brother!!!”

Sungyeol knew , it was the end of Myungsoo’s life already. He tried hard not to cry but actually failed.

“Kim Myungsoo!!!!”

**

Few weeks later , Sungyeol passed away because of high fever. He was drenched in rain on graveyard for few days and got high fever. He followed his bestfriend , Myungsoo to Paradise.

--

You were shocked by L’s story. “That actually what happened? Yeolie oppa also died now?” Your voice was trembling by so much shocking stories that you never know.

L just nodded his head without saying anything.

“I’m sorry.” You uttered.

“For what?” L asked and looked at you.

“For everything. If I didn’t run away from you, you and Yeolie oppa will still be here right?”

“Don’t blame yourself for that , ____. It was our fate to die early.” L said with a smile.

“You’re not regretting that you died in such a young age?”

“Why would I? I only will regret it if you don’t want to be my girlfriend now.”

Your eyes widened on his indirect propose. “Y-You still want me to be your girlfriend?”

“Well , if you want to.” L shrugged. “So , what say you?”

You bit your lower lip. You didn’t want to deny that you were actually falling for with this present L rather than the little Myungsoo.

You swallowed hard before answering , “S-Sure, I’ll be your girlfriend.”

L grinned widely. “Really?!”

“Why? Do you want me to pull back my words before?” You .

“I’m not going to make you do that.” L cupped your face and crashed his lips onto yours.

Your eyes grew bigger at the sudden kiss and slowly your eyes were getting smaller again before you shut your eyes tightly.

*My first kiss , with my Myungie oppa.*

You both were kissing passionately while the sun was setting down.

--

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I haven't updated for a long time , I know DDDDDDDD:

sorry! Enjoy this update , kay? ;D