013

Philocaly

Philocaly:

*Mingyu's POV*

My cough sounds wheezy as it echoes through the empty tunnels. I clutch onto the plastic handles of the grocery bags, simultaneously hacking along. 

It's late at night during the winter, the snow is fallling, the tiny white flakes dancing through the air, being pushed by the cold, bone chilling wind. 

The phone in my pocket vibrates and I set the bags onto the groud, pulling the slim phone out of my pocket. I click the power button on top and the screen lights up with a notification from Wonwoo.

"Where are you?"

I swipe to unlock the phone and I reply back, my fingers rapidly tapping onto the letters on the screen.

"I'm heading home.. why?"

I'm about to put the phone back into my until it rings again.

"From where?"

"The grocery store.."

"Okay, be safe!" 

I raise an eyebrow at the odd conversation, and I slip the phone back into my pocket, picking up the bags and head into the snowy night..

---

*Wonwoo's POV*

Mr. Choi is lingering around the living room, observing the framed family/individual pictures.

I quietly approach him and tap him on the shoulder.

"Hm?" he turns and round and steps back bowing.

"Oh, sir Wonwoo. What do you need?"

I glance at my watch very quickly meeting Mr. Choi's eyes once more.

I bow down and he is surprised at the sudden gesture of bowing.

"I apologize, but... can you take me to Mingyus's? I understand that it's 11--"

"Anything for you sir.." he simply tells me as he cuts off my sentence.

Mr. Choi clasps his hand together tightly and straightens his posture, and marches outside to where the family car is located. I follow his light, but structured steps, trying to imitate each and every one.

He opens the door to the back seats and I nod my head lightly to thank him and seat myself inside, buckling the belt securely into the fastener. 

Mr. Choi slips through to the driver seat and inserts the keys and the engine is and he begins to take off.

The minute we leave the gate entrance, my driver's eyes are on the road, his attentiveness is scary, eyeing each detail on the road as if he sees everything. In 5 minutes of driving, he has not blinked once. I shake my head, releasing the thought from my head.

Mr. Choi tilts his head up towards the rearview mirror. His mouth curves into a small, gentle, grin. 

"If you don't mind me being nosy, what business do you have with Mr. Mingyu at this time?"

The words are slipping from my tongue and I don't know what to say. 

"Sudden visit, I see." he breaks the silence after moments of no reply.

My hands move from my sides down to my thighs resting onto my knees. My focus shifts to the pictures of Mingyu racing inside my mind, his face is the only thing that can remove the demons from my head.

Because even in the darkest depths in my brain; he is the light, the world, the candle, the way...

---

We park outside the small house in the slums of Mingyu's neighbourhood and before I exit the car, Mr. Choi's rough, callused hands wrap around the surface of my palms, and his grasp is tight, but warm. 

"I hate to bring this up at a time like this but.. remember when you were bullied when you came out sir?"

I rub my eyes and nod.

"Well.. I promised you that I would always be here for you."

"Yeah.." I nod my head continuously, non-stop.

"You did.."

"So, can you promise me one thing?"

"Sure. I guess I can.."

He looks down and this time holds my hand in both of his. He rubs my fingers with his thumb and lifts his head and staring into my eyes, like this promise is something that he entrusts me with his life.

"Please.. win his heart.."

"Who's heart?"

"Mingyu's... Please guarantee that at the end of the day.. He will be yours and you will be his.."

I smile gratefully for what he said and I pull him in for a tight embrace from the front of the seat.

"I promise... I will..."